PDA

View Full Version : The 3rd official Random Discussion For TPBM Photo's and Photographers Thread (3)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Permagrin
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 13:52
try going to this page

http://www.drudgereport.com/ and getting the link off of there...it's the top link in the middle column

cfpackerfan
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 13:52
And, presents for your friends. :lol:always. ;)

So Cat, are you going to San Diego for a vacation then? Yeah. :shock: *frantic google search of the area*

theague
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 13:55
Sucks, that's in La Jolla, a very nice area of San Diego. There are some cool caves you can tour down there too. I've actually swam in them. lol Shouldn't have...

I also almost drowned in La Jolla when I was 17. I got caught in a rip tide. :(

Cat, you'll have a great time there. There is a lot to do.

cfpackerfan
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 13:55
It says that's in the La Jolla area. That's where we were planning on spending our beach day. :shock: I wonder what will happen between now and next week?

theague
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:00
There are a ton of beaches in San Diego... Pacific Beach is nice, Mission Bay is ok, Ocean Beach is alright as well... The little cove in La Jolla is nice... which shouldn't be affected by this at all. You should be fine Cat. :)

Permagrin
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:04
It says that's in the La Jolla area. That's where we were planning on spending our beach day. :shock: I wonder what will happen between now and next week?

I think it depends on how isolated this is. If it stops where it is, then there'll be fallout so to speak but if it spreads and they end up doing the "disaster area" declaration then there'll be the rising gas prices and different things throughout the city. So it just depends on the cause of this and how far it goes.

Becky N
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:05
The officer from Josh's school just called me. (Immediate stomach jump)
Then he says Josh was involved in an accident (Stomach clenching)

Then he says Josh is up and walking and coherent, so breathe easy. (Breath a little easier, but heart still pounding)

He rides his bike to school, and got hit by a car. :shock:

A bus driver reported it as a hit and run.

I talked to Josh, and he said he's fine, it knocked him off his bike, but he didn't hit his head, and he only got a few scratches.

Deep breaths.

I guess the 'incident is documented' and Josh wanted to stay at school, so they'll just watch him to make sure he's ok.

Geez.

So glad Josh is OK. Wonder if it was a high school student, what grade/school is Josh in?

He's not doing too badly at the moment, thanks Crissa.

He's still wearing the 'splints' at night to stretch the muscles/tendons and althoguh he does not like them, he's got used to them a bit so he's sleeping better with them.

The biggest worry is if these don't work, we may have to resort to surgery and he's getting very nervous about even the remotest possibility of that. However, the splints do seem to be helping already - he's able to stand better if he thinks about it. Part of the problem now is the habit he has formed in the way he walks :(

I'll keep you all up to date when I can on that.

Do they have him doing any stretching excercises as well? Or some kind of Physical Therapy to help him break the habit he has developed?

You talkin' to ME??!

Oh this is too stink'n cute. Glad you made it your Avi.

Cat, tell Wadecakes *snicker* happy birthday.

Got an e-mail just before coming home for lunch, I'm so stink'n mad at management right now, I may not go back...only thing that is making go is "bill-pay" from vacation.:evil::evil::evil::evil:

theague
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:05

I just went onto google maps to look at where the road is that is having problems. It's way away from the beach and nowhere that you'd actually be going.

Another option for beaches is Pacific Beach, if you go to the end of Grand Avenue. Once on the beach you can head north up to the Crystal Pier. :)

theague
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:07
I think it depends on how isolated this is. If it stops where it is, then there'll be fallout so to speak but if it spreads and they end up doing the "disaster area" declaration then there'll be the rising gas prices and different things throughout the city. So it just depends on the cause of this and how far it goes.

I hadn't thought about anything like that.. lol just go spend some time at Seaworld or the wild animal park... Also, you MUST go to the San Diego Zoo, it's one of the best in the USA.

cfpackerfan
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:10
So glad Josh is OK. Wonder if it was a high school student, what grade/school is Josh in? I would almost guarantee it was a HS student. The middle school where Josh goes is right next to the highschool.

Wadecakes *snicker* *snicker*

Got an e-mail just before coming home for lunch, I'm so stink'n mad at management right now, I may not go back...only thing that is making go is "bill-pay" from vacation.:evil::evil::evil::evil:What happened?? :shock:

I just went onto google maps to look at where the road is that is having problems. It's way away from the beach and nowhere that you'd actually be going.

Another option for beaches is Pacific Beach, if you go to the end of Grand Avenue. Once on the beach you can head north up to the Crystal Pier. :)Did you used to live in that area? What is Crystal pier?

Maxed Out
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:11
gmae.....

CAT: glad josh is ok

although i haven't been hit by a car on a bike, I have hit a poll:rolleyes:came out of nowhere:confused:

cfpackerfan
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:12
We have 3 days. One day is a beach day. So of the three parks (Sea World, San Diego Zoo, and Wild Animal park) the kids get to choose only 2.
We'll see what happens. But we just can't go to all three. WAY too much. (Not talking $$, talking time/energy)

cfpackerfan
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:14
gmae.....

although i haven't been hit by a car on a bike, I have hit a poll:rolleyes:came out of nowhere:confused:
Hey Max. :lol: I can just picture that in my head. :lol:

I hit a car once. I was about 6 years old, on a little side street by our house, and I was looking backwards, waving at someone. The driver saw me and stopped, completely stopped, and I just kept going till I hit her right in the middle of the hood. DOINK!

theague
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:15
Personally I have done all three and would do Sea World - San Diego Zoo. The wild animal park is ok but to me not as spectacular as the Zoo.

I thought I said this earlier but maybe not. My Dad grew up in San Diego, his parents still live there. As a family we used to go down every year to visit... road trip!

I also have/had a lot of friends down there and spent a lot of time down there in my Teens and early 20's. Especially when I worked for Alaska Airlines and could fly down there for free every week. :)

So no, i never lived there but know the area well enough.

Permagrin
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:16

Then he says Josh is up and walking and coherent, so breathe easy. (Breath a little easier, but heart still pounding)

I talked to Josh, and he said he's fine, it knocked him off his bike, but he didn't hit his head, and he only got a few scratches.

Deep breaths.

I guess the 'incident is documented' and Josh wanted to stay at school, so they'll just watch him to make sure he's ok.

Geez.

OMGOSH I didn't even see this!! I'm SO glad he's okay!! :shock: :shock: My brother got hit on his bike by a moving car (similar circumstances) and he was fine (if that's any consolation)

Maxed Out
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:16
Hey Max. :lol: I can just picture that in my head. :lol:

I hit a car once. I was about 6 years old, on a little side street by our house, and I was looking backwards, waving at someone. The driver saw me and stopped, completely stopped, and I just kept going till I hit her right in the middle of the hood. DOINK!

I can just picture that in my head.:p

BearLeeAlive
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:17
I know we stayed on the Pacific Beach, there was something of a wee peninsula to the south that had a small amusement park and lots of shopping. There were always surfers out there starting at the wee hours of the morning. They all wore wet suits as the water was fairly cold, though it was March when we were there.

The zoo was fantastic. Sea world was nice, but not as good as expected. Unfortunately we did not have time to go to the Wildlife Park, though we had wanted too. Lisa had a bug in here to go to Tijuana for a day, that was a huge waste of time, somewhat interesting but the shopping was no fun a all (I hates shopping :()

theague
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:17
Nevermind on the crystal pier, it's a hotel and not what I was thinking of. I wonder if the pier I'm thinking of is in Ocean Beach... now I'm going to have to go looking.

theague
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:18
I know we stayed on the Pacific Beach, there was something of a wee peninsula to the south that had a small amusement park and lots of shopping. There were always surfers out there starting at the wee hours of the morning. They all wore wet suits as the water was fairly cold, though it was March when we were there.

The zoo was fantastic. Sea world was nice, but not as good as expected. Unfortunately we did not have time to go to the Wildlife Park, though we had wanted too. Lisa had a bug in here to go to Tijuana for a day, that was a huge waste of time, somewhat interesting but the shopping was no fun a all (I hates shopping :()

Jim, it should be Balboa park... man talking about San Diego makes me realize how much I miss it. I haven't been in years! :confused:

Maxed Out
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:19
SAAAN DIAAAAAhhhGGGOOOO!

cfpackerfan
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:20
SAAAN DIAAAAAhhhGGGOOOO! I can just hear that in my head. ;) :p

theague
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:22
Nevermind on the crystal pier, it's a hotel and not what I was thinking of. I wonder if the pier I'm thinking of is in Ocean Beach... now I'm going to have to go looking.

The pier I was thinking of is on Imperial Beach... which isn't the nicest beach. It's close to mexico and can sometimes have NASTY water and conditions.. I won't go into details on that. lol

I'd stick to Pacific Beach or La Jolla if I were you Cat. :)

theague
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:23
SAAAN DIAAAAAhhhGGGOOOO!

lol!

Maxed Out
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:25
I can just hear that in my head. ;) :p

Me too:shock:

cfpackerfan
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:28
tommorow;)

Hey Max. It's tomorrow. We're waiting.

theague
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:28
what are we waiting for?

Maxed Out
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:29
Hey Max. It's tomorrow. We're waiting.

actaully its 2 days from tommorow....i said that on monday:p

hoping that no one would mention it:o

Maxed Out
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:30
what are we waiting for?

a fancier a$$ picture:lol:

cfpackerfan
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:34
We are waiting to see Maxy's new duds for the dance. ;)

Maxed Out
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:36
We are waiting to see Maxy's new duds for the dance. ;)

ahem...miss cat, um....idk...how to tie...a...um.....tie:o:o:o

theague
oh... :rolleyes: who's waiting again?? lol

cfpackerfan
ahem...miss cat, um....idk...how to tie...a...um.....tie

Awww. .... diddums. I'll show you.

Permagrin
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:37
hey Max how come you aren't in school today?

cfpackerfan
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:37
HERE ya go Maximus. (http://www.tie-a-tie.net/windsor.html) Awaiting the results.

THIS (http://www.tie-a-tie.net/fourinhand.html) is the one that I know how to do.

theague
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:40
HERE ya go Maximus. (http://www.tie-a-tie.net/windsor.html) Awaiting the results.

THIS (http://www.tie-a-tie.net/fourinhand.html) is the one that I know how to do.

Double windsor is much nicer looking... that's what is tied in my avatar... although that knot was a lot smaller than normal.

Becky N
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:40
What happened?? :shock:

East VP is asking me to do at least 3 hours of work due to bad data for the quarter, that they knew about in July. He is saying our Chief Oper. Officer is OK with it, funny, he didn't even cc the Chief Oper. Officer or my immediate supervisor. Guess he thinks I'm an idiot and won't check into this further. :rolleyes: Oh, and if I can have this done by next month?

Sign going up on my overhead cabinet:

"Poor planning on your part does not constitute a panic on mine!!!"

Maxed Out
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:41
hey Max how come you aren't in school today?

i get out early on wednesdays;)

regular days 2:30pm

wednesday 1:30pm

Becky N
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:42
and I just kept going till I hit her right in the middle of the hood. DOINK!

OOooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOO A Zane type slide too?;-)

Permagrin
East VP is asking me to do at least 3 hours of work due to bad data for the quarter, that they knew about in July. He is saying our Chief Oper. Officer is OK with it, funny, he didn't even cc the Chief Oper. Officer or my immediate supervisor. Guess he thinks I'm an idiot and won't check into this further. :rolleyes: Oh, and if I can have this done by next month?

oh, I hate things like that Becky! (and I love your intended sign!) :)

BearLeeAlive
ahem...miss cat, um....idk...how to tie...a...um.....tie:o:o:o
I have tied a tie lots Max, it is quite easy. That knot that Cat linked to is the best one. As much as I can tie a tie with my eyes closed, I can only do it when it is on me. For some reason I always screw it up when it is on someone else. Weird, eh?

cfpackerfan
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:43

Want us to call the knee breakers? http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/3770/fighting5rs.gif

Maxed Out
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:44
I have tied a tie lots Max, it is quite easy. That knot that Cat linked to is the best one. As much as I can tie a tie with my eyes closed, I can only do it when it is on me. For some reason I always screw it up when it is on someone else. Weird, eh?

why is your tie on someone else:shock:

BearLeeAlive
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:46
why is your tie on someone else:shock:
LOL, no, when I am trying to help someone else, Silly. ;)

Becky N
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:46
Want us to call the knee breakers? http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/3770/fighting5rs.gif

Yeah, we could send Zane, he lives near Washington D.C. :-)

theague
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:49

Funny, i'm the same way. everything is backwards when doing it for someone else... lol

Becky N
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 14:50
I just returned the e-mail and said if this and that are not done, you need to find out why and get it rectified. Otherwise more GIGO (garbage in garbage out). I'm not going to do the checking and I'm not running another report until I know the data is correct.

I was much more politically correct than the way it is stated above though. Like I said, I might be mad, but; my parents didn't raise a fool (well the verdict is still out on my three brothers;-))

Pete
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 15:04
I like pretty much all the comics that run in the Sunday paper....but Peanuts and Garfield are my top two.

I subscribe to the electionic version of "Computer Weekly" simply to get Dilbert. I have no idea how much junk mail my company suffer with after I signed up.

I started catching up, and I'm just blown away with the Orgeoneonic pictures from TD and Puds. Woah...!!

I'm tired again tonight. Glad there's only a couple of days more in this course. Very busy at work after that too.

I got an email on FaceBook from a small publishing company that wants use of one of my Wellington Bomber shots (which I posted up here months ago). It's only for a staff newsletter, so I won't ask anything other than a photo credit and copy of the newsletter. Hopefully this company might want more in the future.

I'm not sure which one is the candidate though...

http://www.the-aperture.com/EE/photos/large/fcc_IMG_1809.jpg
http://www.the-aperture.com/EE/photos/large/5f7_IMG_1725.jpg
http://www.the-aperture.com/EE/photos/large/IMG_1720.jpg

thomascanty
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 15:08
We have 3 days. One day is a beach day. So of the three parks (Sea World, San Diego Zoo, and Wild Animal park) the kids get to choose only 2.
We'll see what happens. But we just can't go to all three. WAY too much. (Not talking $$, talking time/energy)

If I were the one deciding, I'd pick the zoo and Wild Animal Park. WAP is my favorite of the three, and the zoo is probably the best in the U.S. Sea World was ok when I was there three or four years ago, but certainly nowhere near worth the price they charge for admission!

BearLeeAlive
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 15:20
If I were the one deciding, I'd pick the zoo and Wild Animal Park. WAP is my favorite of the three, and the zoo is probably the best in the U.S. Sea World was ok when I was there three or four years ago, but certainly nowhere near worth the price they charge for admission!
My thought too. Parking back then was a stupid price too from what I remember. The cost would not be as bad if you get a combo pack that includes the zoo and WAP.

We did do Lego Land as Ethan was right in to Lego at the time. We were driving from Anaheim to SD so it was right on the way. It was interesting, about a 1/2 day stop is the most you would need.

theague
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 15:39
I hadn't really thought about price as I have never had to pay. lol I merely suggested Sea world as something different as the WAP and the Zoo both feature animals of the land whereas Sea World features something quite different... I have to admit, it's been a long time since i've been to sea world though. I was at WAP within the last 5 or 6 though.

Becky N
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 15:49
SD Zoo was great 30 years ago. One thing I remember is the calves of my legs were sore the next day from walking up and down all the hills and that was when I was in the service and use to a lot of walking.

theague
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 15:54
Off to my training on how to sexually harass people... talk to you all tomorrow.

Pete
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 15:57
Off to my training on how to sexually harass people... talk to you all tomorrow.

Oooh.. Chase me, chase me!!

BearLeeAlive
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 16:01
Oooh.. Chase me, chase me!!
Bloody poofter!!! :p

Pete
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 16:02
Bloody poofter!!! :p

Oooh, get yoooooo!!

BearLeeAlive
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 16:06
Oooh, get yoooooo!!
Not too bad, eh? :lol:

Pete
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 16:07
Not too bad, eh? :lol:

<shudders at the thought we might be distant relatives carrying on like this>

thomascanty
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 16:07
I hadn't really thought about price as I have never had to pay. lol I merely suggested Sea world as something different as the WAP and the Zoo both feature animals of the land whereas Sea World features something quite different... I have to admit, it's been a long time since i've been to sea world though. I was at WAP within the last 5 or 6 though.

I'd put Sea World a lot higher on my "must see" list if it wasn't so bloody expensive. In my opinion, they just have no right to charge nearly Disneyland prices for admission. Everything inside the park was uber expensive, too.

SD Zoo was great 30 years ago. One thing I remember is the calves of my legs were sore the next day from walking up and down all the hills and that was when I was in the service and use to a lot of walking.

I'd forgotten about that. Yes, the SD Zoo is definitely very hilly. You can get in a great workout just by walking around there for the day.

thomascanty
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 16:08
So... Why is everyone in here going to sexual harassment training classes lately?

Permagrin
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 16:09
So... Why is everyone in here going to sexual harassment training classes lately?

not doing it well enough? :lol:

BearLeeAlive
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 16:10
<shudders at the thought we might be distant relatives carrying on like this>
:eek: OMG :eek:

Pete
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 16:10
:eek: OMG :eek:

Let's go chase the bold pink one...

BearLeeAlive
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 16:12

not doing it well enough? :lol:
Yup, we all need upgrading, you know. :lol:
Old methods become obsolete, stuff like girls now like getting their bums pinched so newer techniques are demonstrated. :p

BearLeeAlive
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 16:13
I'll hold him down, and you get him. :lol:

Pete
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 16:13

And who'll play the fiddles...? :D

thomascanty
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 16:16

:shock: You certainly don't need sexual harassment training classes! :shock:

Oh, wait... He meant me?!?

BearLeeAlive
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 16:17
And who'll play the fiddles...? :D
Dunno, any volunteers? :D

Maxed Out
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 16:20
i can piano not fiddles, if I am of any help:lol:

Athena
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 16:43
Sexual harrassment is in the news big right now - HUGE payout on that case. I guess if it's going to cost THAT much, you better make it worthwhile. :shock:

misspix
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 16:46
G'mAe all

Deep breaths.

Geez.
Holy.....:shock: Thank goodness he is okay! *takes calming breath*
:evil: Now, I want the license plate number. I got a friend who owes me a favor.
:shock: War of the worlds?
:shock:
gmae.....

*snicker* I HATE it when that happens. ROFL!
Good luck! If you need any help, lemme know :) I pass with flying colors.
ROFLOMAO!!!

Off to the post office...

misspix
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 16:47
Oops! I almost forgot;
*clears throat*
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear WAaAaAdeCaaaaaakes *snort*
Happy birthday to you
:)

BearLeeAlive
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 16:48
Sexual harrassment is in the news big right now - HUGE payout on that case. I guess if it's going to cost THAT much, you better make it worthwhile. :shock:
Pete, maybe we'd better lay off Lonnie until after we talk to our attorney's. :)

Athena
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 16:53
Happy Birthday Wade! :D

thomascanty
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 16:55
Pete, maybe we'd better lay off Lonnie until after we talk to our attorney's. :)

Too late. I've already called mine... ;)

3Turner
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 16:59
GMAE all....just a qucik check for now as I am in the office....glad I checked now and not when I got home today...already 4 pages:shock: Long mulit ahead ;)
Cat/Robert, I may have to go back and check out those youtube links when I get home later...
You definately have too.
I don't remember a Dave and Buster's when I was stationed in San Antonio, but; there was a place called The Magic Time Machine that was fun and good food. Is Dave and Buster's a restaurant?Dave and Buster's is rather new here...sometime after 2000. Magic Time Machine is still here and I still have not gone to the restaurant:rolleyes:

I called in sick today!
I called in sick yesterday. Fun to have a day off. ;)

D&B's... the best way to describe it would be 'adult arcade' not adult as in "shifty eyes 'adult" just as in, you have to be of drinking age. But it has arcade games and pool tables, etc. Coming from Utah where alcohol is so severely monitored, it was a HOOT to be playing an arcade game and have a cocktail waitress come up to us.

It's Wade's birthday today.
Yeah...D&B is fun to 'play' in and you discribed pretty accurate. But you forgot to mention the bar where you can order drinks if the waitress does not make it back to you in time :). They also have an expensive restaurant in this one.
Oh..and tell Wade happy birthday!

Deep breaths.

Geez.
I asked the officer, and he said that they have license plate information from the bus driver, and that they'd be looking into it.
Glad to see that he is alright after you were able to get all the facts. Hopefully they will catch the offender.

I read before how some of you mentioned being hit by cars...I am a lucky one also. I don't remember it, but I am told that I was running after a ball into the street while playing catch with my uncle who is 10 years older than me. When I got to the middle of the street, a a guy driving a big Chevy truck slammed on his brakes and I apparently froze like a deer in the headlights. The bumper of the truck nudged me on the shoulder...I fell to the ground and the truck finished its skid over me...I was between the two front wheels. My family then tells me that all I did was jump up and run inside scared sh1tless and wouldn't leave my room.

I think if that ground problem continues...it could be like that one made for tv movie where California broke off from the continental US at the San Andreas fault and made the California Island :shock:

BearLeeAlive
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 17:02
Too late. I've already called mine... ;)
Ut Oh!!!

3Turner
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 17:04
I subscribe to the electionic version of "Computer Weekly" simply to get Dilbert. I have no idea how much junk mail my company suffer with after I signed up.

I started catching up, and I'm just blown away with the Orgeoneonic pictures from TD and Puds. Woah...!!

I'm tired again tonight. Glad there's only a couple of days more in this course. Very busy at work after that too.

I got an email on FaceBook from a small publishing company that wants use of one of my Wellington Bomber shots (which I posted up here months ago). It's only for a staff newsletter, so I won't ask anything other than a photo credit and copy of the newsletter. Hopefully this company might want more in the future.

I'm not sure which one is the candidate though...

http://www.the-aperture.com/EE/photos/large/fcc_IMG_1809.jpg
http://www.the-aperture.com/EE/photos/large/5f7_IMG_1725.jpg
http://www.the-aperture.com/EE/photos/large/IMG_1720.jpg
Pete those shots of the Wellington are AMAZING! I presume its in restoration....bet lots of folks in the model building community would love to have walkaround shots of that one ;).

Pete
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 17:07
Pete those shots of the Wellington are AMAZING! I presume its in restoration....bet lots of folks in the model building community would love to have walkaround shots of that one ;).

This one was drug up from Loch Ness many years ago. I'll have to go back there sometime and take some more shots.

cfpackerfan
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 17:11
You guys... I come in here and see this, this, this UNACCEPTABLE behavior?!?! Treating Lonnie differently just because he's bold and PINK?
You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Skrim17
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 17:11
Cat is Josh home? he OK?

Athena
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 17:12
I am a lucky one also. . . My family then tells me that all I did was jump up and run inside scared sh1tless and wouldn't leave my room.

:shock: your story prompted me to remember one of my own! When I was 12, I was in a parade handing out balloons for the Red Cross. When a rather large throng of people rushed towards us (for balloons I guess), I got knocked down and the Red Cross float drove over me!! :shock: I only have confused memories of the whole thing...was in shock I guess.

cfpackerfan
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 17:12
Cat is Josh home? he OK?He should be home any minute......

thomascanty
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 17:15
You guys... I come in here and see this, this, this UNACCEPTABLE behavior?!?! Treating Lonnie differently just because he's bold and PINK?

I knew I could count on you! Them guys is picking on me!... :(

cfpackerfan
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 17:16
I knew I could count on you! Them guys is picking on me!... :(
Aww diddums. Come here. I'll save you from the big mean chauvinists. Picking on you cause you're pink. For shame.

BearLeeAlive
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 17:17
Oh yes, we feel absolutely terrible, wait, I mean, we are absolutely terrible, yeah, that's it!!! :p

Catch you folks later, gotta run out and sell my services. :)

3Turner
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 17:18
:shock: your story prompted me to remember one of my own! When I was 12, I was in a parade handing out balloons for the Red Cross. When a rather large throng of people rushed towards us (for balloons I guess), I got knocked down and the Red Cross float drove over me!! :shock: I only have confused memories of the whole thing...was in shock I guess.
:shock: Whoa! that is good you did not end up as a speed bump like I almost did....also:confused:.

misspix
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 17:20
Since we are all sharing our 'got the sh*t knocked out of us stories...:)

When I was 10ish, my cousins and I were playing Hide and Go Seek Tag in the dark. The yard was huge and filled with all kinds of shadowy things to hide under and behind. Rocks. Trees. Big things. I was running full speed ahead to avoid being tagged and glanced behind me to see how close my cousin David was to me. When I faced forward again it was too late to avoid the BIGGEST F'N PINE TREE in the world!!!!!
My cousins say that the collision knocked me about 10 feet back. David tagged me anyway :evil: jack ass!

Permagrin
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 17:22
Well, I never had anything like that.

My daughter was in 4th grade and apparently was running across the playground when she collided nose first with a boy running the other way. Knocked her out and she ended up having to have immediate reconstructive surgery on her nose because of the danger of bone chips and her brain...

3Turner
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 17:41
....When I faced forward again it was too late to avoid the BIGGEST F'N PINE TREE in the world!!!!!
My cousins say that the collision knocked me about 10 feet back. David tagged me anyway :evil: jack ass!
That's just cold....I can imagine the sound of the collision.

My daughter was in 4th grade and apparently was running across the playground when she collided nose first with a boy running the other way. Knocked her out and she ended up having to have immediate reconstructive surgery on her nose because of the danger of bone chips and her brain...
You're lucky Lisa...ouch for your daughter.

Reminds me of a time when my brother and I were playing football with my father on one of the local air force bases when we were young. We were running plays and my father would throw us the ball. We were in a large field with telephone poles scattered about. Well I remember my Dad telling my brother to run straight out then hook right and turn to catch the ball. After my brother hooked, he took a few strides before turing our way for the ball, my eyes were just following my brother as I am sure so was my Dad eyes so....no one saw it...but all you heard was the LOUD noise of wood cracking and my brother falling to the ground. (Imagine a tv camera following an object and it panned past the object stopping suddenly; thats how my eyes went) My brother ran right into the only telephone pole nearby and cut open the side of his head...the cracking sound was really the telephone pole:shock:!! At the doctors office, x-rays did not show any broken or fractured skull.

3Turner
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 17:41
Well, I am out for a bit....leaving work and then heading to Evan's soccer practice.

Athena
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 17:42
Since we are all sharing our 'got the sh*t knocked out of us stories...:)

When I was 10ish, my cousins and I were playing Hide and Go Seek Tag ...OWIE!

We used to play that too - called it "Spotlight" though because the tagger had a flashlight.

My daughter was in 4th grade and apparently was running across the playground when she collided nose first with a boy running the other way. Knocked her out and she ended up having to have immediate reconstructive surgery on her nose because of the danger of bone chips and her brain...I can not imagine how frightening this must have been for you!

Permagrin
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 17:44
I can not imagine how frightening this must have been for you!

lets just say that I fainted in the ER (when they told us the news) and they took me to another room while Dan stayed with her for her CT scan...it was horrible

cfpackerfan
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 17:48
lets just say that I fainted in the ER (when they told us the news) and they took me to another room while Dan stayed with her for her CT scan...it was horrible
:lol: So I'm not the only one who has fainted with one of the kids in the ER. :lol: Whew.

Josh is home. He is fine... the car didn't T-bone him, just sideswiped him. He's a little sore, but didn't hit his head or anything.

Permagrin
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 17:49
poor little guy!!

Skrim17
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 17:51
Did they find the car?

cfpackerfan
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 17:51
Permie... he's not little. :lol: :p Not by any stretch of the imagination. :lol:

Permagrin
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 17:52
Permie... he's not little. :lol: :p Not by any stretch of the imagination. :lol:

oh, well he's an injured son and I'd probably still say that about my son and he's almost 21! :lol:

Skrim17
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 17:56
Is he taller than Wade Cat?

Becky N
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 18:01

That is why I thought he was your oldest when I saw the first picture of all three kids. What is the age spread between all 3?

misspix
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 18:10

OMG! How scary.

Cory had to be stitched up after a head on with the coffee table, he was not quite 3. My friend stayed with him for the stitching. I was by turns sobbing for my baby and cussing the nurse/doctor for hurting him even more:rolleyes: They had me escorted out when I asked the nurse if she would like me to go to work on her with that damn needle :evil:
I tend toward the irrational when one of my babies are hurt.
:lol: So I'm not the only one who has fainted with one of the kids in the ER. :lol: Whew.

Josh is home. He is fine... the car didn't T-bone him, just sideswiped him. He's a little sore, but didn't hit his head or anything.
*whew* Give him a hug for me (if he still allows hugs ;))
oh, well he's an injured son and I'd probably still say that about my son and he's almost 21! :lol:
All my kids are my babies when something bad happens. Adam is 6'2" and I will still cuddle him like he's 2 when necessary.

cfpackerfan
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 18:25
Did they find the car? I don't know. Josh said that she did stop and make sure he was OK before she left, so I don't know how that's handled.

oh, well he's an injured son and I'd probably still say that about my son and he's almost 21! :lol::lol: I hear ya.

Is he taller than Wade Cat?Yep. He's a big boy. Lets put this in perspective: Wade wears a 7 1/2 shoe. Josh wears a 12 :shock:

That is why I thought he was your oldest when I saw the first picture of all three kids. What is the age spread between all 3? Marian and Joshua are 2 years apart, almost exactly. Tevin brings up the caboose 4 years later. :lol:

*whew* Give him a hug for me (if he still allows hugs ;))
He does. ;) He's actually a pretty good hugger.

theague
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 18:41
I'm baaaaaaAck!

Athena
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 18:52
Cory had to be stitched up after a head on with the coffee table, he was not quite 3. My friend stayed with him for the stitching. I was by turns sobbing for my baby and cussing the nurse/doctor for hurting him even more:rolleyes: ...

When Nathan was 3, he fell off a dolphin float in the kiddie pool and slammed his head into the side of the pool. The impact was so hard that it busted his head open. At first we all thought he was crying because his face had gone in the water :roll: and then Matthew shouted, "look at the blood going down Nathan's back!!". Of course Mike was out of the country, so I left Matthew with a friend at the pool, ran back up the hill to our house carrying Nathan, grabbed a few things, and drove him to the ER. He was SO brave. It was awful watching them give him injections into his head and then stitch it closed. Afterwards he got some sweets for being so brave and actually shared them with all the kids at the pool when we picked Matthew up! He's such a star.

Athena
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 18:52
All my kids are my babies when something bad happens. Adam is 6'2" and I will still cuddle him like he's 2 when necessary.
Aw - this is SO sweet. :)

Skrim17
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 18:57
On Eli's 5th birthday we spent the evening in the ER stitching up his chin. They had to wrap him up burrito style and strap him to a board. It was unpleasant to say the least.

misspix
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 18:58
I'm baaaaaaAck!
helloooOOOOOOo
When Nathan was 3, he fell off a dolphin float in the kiddie pool and slammed his head into the side of the pool. The impact was so hard that it busted his head open. At first we all thought he was crying because his face had gone in the water :roll: and then Matthew shouted, "look at the blood going down Nathan's back!!". Of course Mike was out of the country, so I left Matthew with a friend at the pool, ran back up the hill to our house carrying Nathan, grabbed a few things, and drove him to the ER. He was SO brave. It was awful watching them give him injections into his head and then stitch it closed. Afterwards he got some sweets for being so brave and actually shared them with all the kids at the pool when we picked Matthew up! He's such a star.
Awwww! Brave boy and strong mommy :)
Aw - this is SO sweet. :)
If a tad uncomfortable, lol!

Skrim17
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 18:59
oooh lookee at Permi's signature, she sold the 85L!

Skrim17
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 19:00
whacha gonna get Permi?

misspix
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 19:01
On Eli's 5th birthday we spent the evening in the ER stitching up his chin. They had to wrap him up burrito style and strap him to a board. It was unpleasant to say the least.
Aw jeez. How did you stand it?

misspix
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 19:02
oooOOoOOooooOOooooo!

misspix
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 19:03
Kody, did you pass? Are you a Sexual Harassment graduate? :)

Permagrin
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 19:05

yep...to someone I didn't know (which always makes me nervous) but they had a lot of references from different places...sooo, it should be fine :) It ships tomorrow and Puddle said that I could use the 85 f1.8 in it's place. I'm okay with that. I rarely use that length but may need it at the wedding.

Athena
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 19:05

Last year Matthew fell off his chair in class and slammed his chin into the desk. That was a scary phone call from the school. We were lucky though - he got stitched without stitches... Strange, but I am not complaining. He is WAY more sensitive than Nathan. They would have had to bind him too. *shudder*

Permagrin
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 19:06
whacha gonna get Permi?

well, I was going to buy the Bigma but it doesn't work on the M3. I borrowed TD's (and was really considering buying it but I guess it needs to be re-chipped for it to work on the M3.) So, maybe I'll just pay bills. I can't afford a canon 500mm

BearLeeAlive
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 19:13
Lisa, get the 300 f2.8 and with the 1.4x or 2x TC's you still get excellent photos. This is something I would like.

Skrim17
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 19:13
Last year Matthew fell off his chair in class and slammed his chin into the desk. That was a scary phone call from the school. We were lucky though - he got stitched without stitches... Strange, but I am not complaining. He is WAY more sensitive than Nathan. They would have had to bind him too. *shudder*

Eli's was too deep for glue, they said since it was in an area without much skin and he was so "active" (LOL) they wouldn't recommend the glue.

It was actually quite traumatic for him, when we went to have the stitches removed he was awesome tho and only held my hands to squeeze if he needed to cause he was positive he did NOT want to get wrapped up again!

Permagrin
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 19:18
Lisa, get the 300 f2.8 and with the 1.4x or 2x TC's you still get excellent photos. This is something I would like.

yes, that would be a lovely combo but I'd have to sell a few more things to afford that. There was a time when I was considering selling the M3, going back to the 5D and buying the 300 f2.8...

Permagrin
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 19:19

poor little guy!! :shock:
and Nathan's story :shock: holy moooo! I don't know what I would have done if Dan had been away when Tif had her accident...you're SO strong!

eenorton
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 19:29
Holy moly! I'm glad all these bang 'em up stories have happy endings!! :shock:

Permagrin
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 19:30
Holy moly! I'm glad all these bang 'em up stories have happy endings!! :shock:

me too!

Now Dan has some funny and hair raising stories...he's managed to mangle himself various ways at various ages...but he survived. Mostly :lol:

misspix
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 19:30
Hi Beth! *waving*

eenorton
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 19:31
me too!

Now Dan has some funny and hair raising stories...

Dan?? No!!!!! Really?? :lol::lol:

Skrim17
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 19:32
lol, I can imagine some colorful events from him for some reason.

Permagrin
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 19:32
Dan?? No!!!!! Really?? :lol::lol:

:lol::lol: the crazy part is that they are true :lol:

Skrim17
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 19:33
My brother Michael and I were really accident prone as kids, as we got older my other brother Jon stepped up his game.

eenorton
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 19:42
My brother saved all his casts and hung them up in his room!! :rolleyes: :lol:

misspix
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 19:46
My brother saved all his casts and hung them up in his room!! :rolleyes: :lol:
Ewwwwww! My son Cory has done that. Hung 'em up next to the broken skate board :rolleyes:

Guineh
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 19:55
Wooly...

I know there's a face in there somewhere!

short5
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 19:58
If we could get Zane/Leyla to head west and Crissa and fam, well it'd be poifect!Tell me when and where

IIt's Wade's birthday today. HAPPY BDAY TO WADE!!

:shock:!! Crap Kit I am glad he is not smooshed :shock:

I asked the officer, and he said that they have license plate information from the bus driver, and that they'd be looking into it. Did the driver see him or was it someone not paying attention. I had an elderly driver shift lanes fast when I was on my motorcycle. They never saw me but also never contacted me. I ate it in the center median and they kept going clueless:rolleyes: If it was a conscious effort to leave the scene get medieval on them.

The biggest worry is if these don't work, we may have to resort to surgery and he's getting very nervous about even the remotest possibility of that. Are you confident in you doctors? If not can you get a second opinion? Now that some tests have been done you can get another doctor to review them. Even if you have to pay out of pocket it should not be too much because the testing is done.
Good luck.
You talkin' to ME??!

LMBO!! That is Puckin' ridiculous

people went to work/school this morning so pets are in jeopardy because no one is being let in the region I would so be the guy getting arrested on national tv for breaking the safety line and dashing into the scene to rescue my pets. I would take the charge, no biggie.

. Also, you MUST go to the San Diego Zoo, it's one of the best in the USA.
I have heard this too.

Still getting caught up GMAE odd people.

BearLeeAlive
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 20:06
Still getting caught up GMAE odd people.
I was just about to jump on you, 'cause I thought you called us old people. Now odd, I can relate to that. :)

puddlepirate44
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 20:30
TR... then catch up:

Adventures with Jim: The Borg Has Arrived!
http://tuppervilleranch.com/comics/TheBorgisHereT.jpg

short5
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 20:32
ahem...miss cat, um....idk...how to tie...a...um.....tie: Get that thing tied and never untie it again;) I wear a stock tie with formal riding attire. That is a funky tie and it is held with a gold pin. Traditionally it served as a bandage or sling if you broke your a$$ in the field.

Yeah, we could send Zane, he lives near Washington D.C. We are national;)

your story prompted me to remember one of my own! When I was 12, I was in a parade handing out balloons for the Red Cross. When a rather large throng of people rushed toward us (for balloons I guess), I got knocked down and the Red Cross float drove over me!! I only have confused memories of the whole thing...was in shock I guess.:lol::lol: sorry but that is hilarious

Since we are all sharing our 'got the sh*t knocked out of us stories...

Hmmm lets see, Twice I was brought home after being knocked unconscious falling off my bike. One time by strangers and one time by a police officer. When I was like 8 I was in a rock fight with two friends against some other kids. I was knocked out and they left me for dead as I remember it:shock: Some other kids came along and walked me home. My mom was a med tech and not phased by trauma. After debridement and trying to tape my head back together she finally took me to the ER where I got stitches. I had my nose severly broken in a fight. I had a large pyrotechnic device blow up in my hand once. I lost a good portion of hearing in my right ear and had a lot of physical therapy for two fingers they sewed back together. I have been down on the street bike 10 times never with major trauma. Countless horse falls resulting in broken nose, torn and still not fixed cartilage in my shoulder, pelvis/hip injury that shows on a bone scan but is not really diagnosed as anything but trauma which chronically aches, bulged disks in my lower back and neck,and top it of with having the horse do a somersault on me resulting in a perforated bowel, major surgery and a 10 day stay in Baltimore Shock Trauma ward. I have had my share of Moments Of Impact:rolleyes:. It is a TV show on trauma for those that don't get it.

short5
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 20:34
COOL night vision:D Thanks Dano

Maxed Out
ok, :sigh:.....here you go moms:oops::oops::oops:

http://maxypad19.smugmug.com/photos/203769404-M.jpg

Maxed Out
black shirt, pinstripped pants, silvery-black tie

Athena
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 20:36
It was actually quite traumatic for him, when we went to have the stitches removed he was awesome tho and only held my hands to squeeze if he needed to cause he was positive he did NOT want to get wrapped up again!
I can imagine that the binding would be probably as awful for Matthew as the stitches themselves. From several things you've mentioned about Eli, they seem similar. :)

Athena
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 20:42
Nice duds Maxy. :)

Athena
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 20:43
Not so Random Thought of the Day: If you can take your jeans off without opening them, it is probably time to get a smaller size....

short5
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 20:46
Not so Random Thought of the Day: If you can take your jeans off without opening them, it is probably time to get a smaller size....

Interesting you should say that. I noticed the other day my jeans that have always been snug slip off without unbuttoning them. Are your jeans falling off Athena? It is the style don't get rid of them.

short5
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 20:46
Smoove maxwell

BearLeeAlive
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 20:48
Pretty sleek Max :)

Athena
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 20:50
poor little guy!! :shock:
and Nathan's story :shock: holy moooo! I don't know what I would have done if Dan had been away when Tif had her accident...you're SO strong!You'd have done just fine. That's what Moms do. :) You are a strong Mom too. :)

Wooly...

I know there's a face in there somewhere!Nice one Mike.

Interesting you should say that. I noticed the other day my jeans that have always been snug slip off without unbuttoning them. Are your jeans falling off Athena? It is the style don't get rid of them.
Yeah, they are too loose. They were annoying me so badly today it occured to me I could probably take them off without opening them. So I did. :shock: At home of course. Changed into something else. Sort of a bummer cause I like the color/cut of them, but it's permission to shop I guess... :confused:

short5
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 20:53
Oregonians:rolleyes:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/offbeat/2007/10/03/cook.naked.gardener.kgw

Maxed Out
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 20:57

poor neekid guy:cry:

Maxed Out
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 21:00
he could wear a small speedo, that would be a decent compromise:lol:

Skrim17
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 21:07
air bath, LOL!

timbernet
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 21:10

I don't live that far from him :-D About 15 minutes.... I know I wouldn't want to see any of my male neighbors nekkid... Now there are a few fem... umm, nevermind...

Athena
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 21:14

oddly, this link takes me to a video about Myanmar... Maybe because I'm not an Oregonian. I can't find the one you were linking. :confused:

T.D.
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 21:17
oddly, this link takes me to a video about Myanmar... Maybe because I'm not an Oregonian. I can't find the one you were linking. :confused:

I didn't see it, but guessing on the above posts, it's probably about a guy who is gardening nekkid up near the Boring Boys.

Athena
3rd of October 2007 (Wed), 21:18
nevermind - I found it.

He's not on my list of "would like to see nekkie", that's for sure. Still I feel sort of sorry for him. He needs a plot of land out away from other folks where he can live like he wants (and maybe a tall, thick hedge).