PDA

View Full Version : The 3rd official Random Discussion For TPBM Photo's and Photographers Thread (3)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Miniflash
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 09:57
lol You guys are so funny ~
Jim nice bug shot ..
Was that other bug a boweavel or something ..lol it looked dangerous :)
Crissa your right about the CATS IF IT WHERE mONET' WE WOULD BE DONE FOR ..oUIJA ..SHES SORTA A SLUT FOR ATTENTION ..
She will do just about anything ..lol

Miniflash
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 09:59
Sittin here sippin a nice hot cup of coffee with pumkin pie spice creamer ...wooooooowoo I love this time of year .
Pumpkin is one of my fav flavors :) I even like pumpkin pie ice cream :)

Miniflash
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 10:00
Jim glad your getting some work done ..hehe Mornings where always my best time when I worked ..now ..it takes me a awihle to get my engines running if ya know what I mean :)

Skrim17
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 10:01
We are heading up to Massachusetts this weekend, looking forward to some nice foliage. It is unseasonably warm here, 84 today and supposed to be hotter tomorrow. Very weird to be wearing shorts in October.

Miniflash
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 10:02
LOL I hear it'll be cooler up north Crissa :)And have ya ever been to portsmoth NH ?

Miniflash
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 10:03
Look at it this way Crissa at least ya can be behind in changing the clothes from summer to winter ..lol

Becky N
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 10:17
EWWW Mark they are creapy ..and they move so mechanical ..eww eww ...And yet they have a nice color to them hahahaha

The females eat the males after mating, sometimes while he still...well you know.

Cool looking but evil bugs, IMHO, though useful in the other stuff they eat. Nature a wonderful, mysterious, often weird thing.

Becky N
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 10:20
Needs More Bugs :mrgreen:

Did you name it Jimmy Durante?

wu_wei0
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 10:24
Sittin here sippin a nice hot cup of coffee with pumkin pie spice creamer ...wooooooowoo I love this time of year .
Pumpkin is one of my fav flavors :) I even like pumpkin pie ice cream :)

Pumpkin cheesecake ice cream!!

try it. . . you'll like it!

WOW on the photos, folks!!

and G'MAE

Skrim17
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 10:26
It is supposed to be a tad cooler but still hot this weekend in Mass. Deb, I am hoping my brother hasn't closed up his pool yet.

cfpackerfan
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 10:31
I would LOVE to see the New England colors this time of year. It's one of my dreams.

GMAE all.

I just realized that sounded like a totally random thought. It wasnt... it was brought on by "This time of year" talk from Deb, and "Foliage" talk from Crissa.

:lol: :lol:

Becky N
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 10:34
Ah - I need to take more, too ;)

Very pretty. I'm ready to get shooting again too, now that the vacation shots are done. We do have a theatre shoot Sunday. :-) It's the wee kids in the Children's Theatre Project, they are so fun.

Becky N
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 10:36
Here is one fella I sloooowly stalked for a while. He finally gave in, and let me get close. :)
I used tubes and the 70-200 for this shot.

Very nice, the shallow DOF really worked to your advantage on this.

Becky N
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 10:39
We are heading up to Massachusetts this weekend, looking forward to some nice foliage. It is unseasonably warm here, 84 today and supposed to be hotter tomorrow. Very weird to be wearing shorts in October.

Same here, Crissa. I'm wondering if it will be a mild winter or if it is going to hit us in one big WHAM!!!

Becky N
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 10:40
It is supposed to be a tad cooler but still hot this weekend in Mass. Deb, I am hoping my brother hasn't closed up his pool yet.

Pack stuff for layering, mornings and evenings can be cool even with the warm days.

Becky N
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 10:42
Sorry for all the singlets, even had IT look at my computer. They have not blocked anything, even reloaded JAVA but it just won't let me multi-quote, insert, etc.

thomascanty
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 10:43
What browser are you using, Becky? Sounds like you have JavaScript turned off.

cfpackerfan
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 10:46
The females eat the males after mating, sometimes while he still...well you know.

Cool looking but evil bugs, IMHO, though useful in the other stuff they eat. Nature a wonderful, mysterious, often weird thing.

Did you name it Jimmy Durante?

Very pretty. I'm ready to get shooting again too, now that the vacation shots are done. We do have a theatre shoot Sunday. :-) It's the wee kids in the Children's Theatre Project, they are so fun.

Very nice, the shallow DOF really worked to your advantage on this.

Same here, Crissa. I'm wondering if it will be a mild winter or if it is going to hit us in one big WHAM!!!

Pack stuff for layering, mornings and evenings can be cool even with the warm days.

Sorry for all the singlets, even had IT look at my computer. They have not blocked anything, even reloaded JAVA but it just won't let me multi-quote, insert, etc.

Uh oh.... Becky's on morphine.

Mgdh
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:08
Uh oh.... Becky's on morphine.

http://newquay-plus.co.uk/POTN/smilies/rotfl.gif :lol::lol::lol:

misspix
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:09
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l108/miniflash_2006/scenery/NEWOREGON126LargeWebview.jpg
Oregon coast ~ to change the scenery round here ,:)

Nice Deb :D Uh oh.... Becky's on morphine.

*snicker* G'Mae!

misspix
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:09
I am calling in sick tomorrow :)

misspix
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:10
I plan on having a raging fever.

thomascanty
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:11
I plan on having a raging fever.

I hope you feel better soon. Like, right after you make that phone call... :lol:

Permagrin
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:11
G'maeooooo everyone ;)

Fantastic vista there!

Here's one from my film days...

I'm very jealous that you saw this exhibition!!

Terri, do you normally know in advance when you are going to be ill? :lol:

cfpackerfan
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:14
Raging fever. Sounds serious. Contagious even.

Permagrin
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:15

good thing we aren't heading south this weekend! :shock:

thomascanty
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:15

Who do you call when you get sick?

Mgdh
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:17
I'm very jealous that you saw this exhibition!!

Hi Lisa.

I actually saw it in the Cairo Museum many years ago, with the other King Tut treasures plus a lot more, not that I really had enough time to see it all. I went on a Bible Lands cruise. The day we visited Cairo, we had a few hours at the museum, went out to the Pyramids and visited a papyrus centre. The coach journey was an experience too :shock:

The whole cruise I was just in amazement at the things I was seeing and the places I was going.

I have a film scanner now so I'm planning on getting a lot more of my pictures from this and another similar cruise online.

cfpackerfan
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:18
My mommy.

Mgdh
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:20
My mommy.

:lol: Look out folks, she's on form today!

BearLeeAlive
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:21
My boss makes me work anyway. ;)

Even before working for myself I never called in sick unless I was really ill, I hated to lose a days pay.

cfpackerfan
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:24
Even before working for myself I never called in sick unless I was really ill, I hated to lose a days pay.

That's frowned upon in the food service industry. :lol: That's the mentality I always had. Got sent home more times than I can count. :rolleyes:

Permagrin
Hi Lisa.

I actually saw it in the Cairo Museum many years ago, with the other King Tut treasures plus a lot more, not that I really had enough time to see it all. I went on a Bible Lands cruise. The day we visited Cairo, we had a few hours at the museum, went out to the Pyramids and visited a papyrus centre. The coach journey was an experience too :shock:

The whole cruise I was just in amazement at the things I was seeing and the places I was going.

I have a film scanner now so I'm planning on getting a lot more of my pictures from this and another similar cruise online.

Very cool. Very. I've only seen one Egyptian exhibit and never been abroad since I was a child. I've always wanted to do a cruise up the Nile though...see the various Egyptian monuments. Dan's always wanted to do the bible lands thing.

misspix
I hope you feel better soon. Like, right after you make that phone call... :lol:

I will be medicating myself with a holistic remedy :) Very potent, and very fast acting. G'maeooooo everyone ;)
Terri, do you normally know in advance when you are going to be ill? :lol:
I actually have been feeling this coming on for days! Raging fever. Sounds serious. Contagious even. No, not contagious. Hereditary maybe, but not contagious :)

Mgdh
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:27
Very cool. Very. I've only seen one Egyptian exhibit and never been abroad since I was a child. I've always wanted to do a cruise up the Nile though...see the various Egyptian monuments. Dan's always wanted to do the bible lands thing.

It was a fantastic trip, well worth doing. We didn't go up the Nile as we only had the one day in Egypt but it was still amazing.

BearLeeAlive
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:28
Well, I may not be able to feign sickness with my boss, but after putting in 7 1/2 hours so far today (ok, less a bit of MY time) he has graciously allowed me to have a nap. :D

zzzzzzzzzzz

cfpackerfan
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:31
Where's the jawdropping smiley when you need it :shock:

Glad you clarified, Cat, but it's still a good job I was sitting down...

I'm bringing this over here, because it may get quite chatty on the topic. :lol:

My mom was a DIE HARD coffee drinker. Coffee was her life blood. :lol:
In the last couple years, since going natural, she learned so much about what is good for you and what is not. Coffee is on the 'not' list.
She's been slowly evangelizing me. ;)
I recently found some FANTASTIC tea (;) Thank you Athena) and thought... well, if I can switch to tea, I'll be doing good.
I have a cute little teapot and a large assortment of fine Malaysian teas on it's way to me.

I'm still in the transition period though.

Road trip= coffee. Can't change that yet.

I haven't switched over completely yet, and hard as I try, I can't convince myself of the evils of coffee. I can't.

But, I told my mom I'd try.
We'll see what happens. ;)

Permagrin
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:33
I know it's not great for me...but I don't smoke and don't drink to excess and try not to eat to excess...so....coffee is my one real vice. (read that: solace) :lol:

misspix
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:34
Not.
Getting.
My.
Coffee.

Athena
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:34
They held him down while he was screaming and whisked me out of the room...NOT fun. Then he couldn't stop vomiting after and had to spend the night!!OMGosh - my Mommy instinct kicked in again just reading that. Now I feel upset...

I threw up a lot after being put under to take all 4 of my wisdom teeth out, but not after either of the other two surgeries I've had. Odd that the oral surgery stuff seems so much worse.

This is gorgeous great eye for composition, Athena.Thank you Becky. Those were with the Brick. I'm eager to take the 5D out this weekend and see if I can improve.

I had a praying mantis by my door a few days ago. I couldn't have gotten a decent shot of it if I'd been trying. It was flitting around constantly. I don't know how those macro people do it...

You mean like this?
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1428/1296165225_421193497a.jpg

Athena
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:35
They have various techniques, including cold air, pins, you name it.:rolleyes:

It's not like they're just out snapping pics of live bugs all the time. Some folks do that, but I think there are a lot of other techniques out there as well. Not my thing at all.

I don't do any of those things. :confused:

Permagrin
You mean like this?
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1428/1296165225_421193497a.jpg

Athena, this is an excellent shot (and I meant to comment on how lovely your flower shot was earlier as well)

misspix
I know it's not great for me...but I don't smoke and don't drink to excess and try not to eat to excess...so....coffee is my one real vice. (read that: solace) :lol:

That's how I feel, too! :lol: If I gave up coffe, well, I'd have virtually no bad habits at all!

Permagrin
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:36
That's how I feel, too! :lol: If I gave up coffe, well, I'd have virtually no bad habits at all!

lol...I saw that on the other thread...we must have typed this at exactly the same time!! :lol:

cfpackerfan
Athena, I love that shot.

Athena
I thought the macro folk were seriously against killing the bugs.
Most of us are...

misspix
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:38
Out for a bit...have to prepare for being *ill* :)

Athena
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:44
Some sprinkle magic pixie dust on their bugs to make them come into perfect focus in their natural environment.shhh - you are telling my secrets! Geesh... lol

II recently found some FANTASTIC tea (;) Thank you Athena) and thought... well, if I can switch to tea, I'll be doing good.
I have a cute little teapot and a large assortment of fine Malaysian teas on it's way to me. Cat - I'm going to be in KL in December. Want me to pick up some more tea for you and bring it back in July? I'll see if I can dig up photos from the highlands where that tea is grown - it's pretty. Did you order a Bodum teapot? They're the best. If you have one of those, I can send you some loose leaf tea - it's even better.

Athena, this is an excellent shot (and I meant to comment on how lovely your flower shot was earlier as well):D Thanks Permie.

BearLeeAlive
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:49
**Stretch** Great nap. :)
You have bad habits, all mine are good ones, well, at least good for me. :p
Most of us are...
I will not purposely kill a bug unless it is attacking me. :D

cfpackerfan
Cat - I'm going to be in KL in December. Want me to pick up some more tea for you and bring it back in July? I'll see if I can dig up photos from the highlands where that tea is grown - it's pretty. Did you order a Bodum teapot? They're the best. If you have one of those, I can send you some loose leaf tea - it's even better.

I went to the 'BOH' website, and ordered some of their loose leaf tea. I am ANXIOUSLY waiting for it.

I got one of each of these: GARDEN teas (https://www.boh.com.my/shop/index.php?manufacturers_id=11&filter_id=26)

Googling Bodum teapot right now. Never heard of it. :?

Athena
I just baked 50 chocolate-chocolate chip cookies and 24 chocolate cupcakes. The house smells seriously GOOD. :D

One of the cookies got a bit squished by the pot holder when I was taking the baking sheet out, so I had to eat it. :shock: It's not my fault though - it simply wasn't presentable anymore. :lol:

Athena
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:50
You have bad habits, all mine are good ones, well, at least good for me. :p

Mine are not all good FOR me, but most of them certainly are good TO me. :D

cfpackerfan
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:51
I just baked 50 chocolate-chocolate chip cookies and 24 chocolate cupcakes. The house smells seriously GOOD. :D

One of the cookies got a bit squished by the pot holder when I was taking the baking sheet out, so I had to eat it. :shock: It's not my fault though - it simply wasn't presentable anymore. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Athena
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:52
Googling Bodum teapot right now. Never heard of it. :?

You have never heard of BODUM?? They are coffee/tea accessory experts. I have several of their things including 2 french presses, 2 tea pots, a kettle, and a milk frother. Oh, and my coffee cup for the car. Fena loves Bodum. ;)

Athena
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:53
Cat - I just looked at the BOH website - those prices are really good! I am pleasantly surprised. :D

Permagrin
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:53
You have never heard of BODUM?? They are coffee/tea accessory experts. I have several of their things including 2 french presses, 2 tea pots, a kettle, and a milk frother. Oh, and my coffee cup for the car. Fena loves Bodum. ;)

I have their french press...two actually...one for vacation/travel :lol:

cfpackerfan
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:54
OK, that is so cool. I had been looking into the French Press stuff for coffee not too long ago. Didn't know that you could use those for tea.

cfpackerfan
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:56
You have never heard of BODUM?? They are coffee/tea accessory experts. I have several of their things including 2 french presses, 2 tea pots, a kettle, and a milk frother. Oh, and my coffee cup for the car. Fena loves Bodum. ;)*Happily browsing the Bodum site*

Cat - I just looked at the BOH website - those prices are really good! I am pleasantly surprised. :DI know! I was in heaven. And unless you choose Expedited air, the shipping isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. *thumbs up*

I have their french press...two actually...one for vacation/travel :lol:Ok. Tell me how a french press works. And why it's good. Tell me all you know. ;)

BearLeeAlive
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:57
We have about a dozen different French Presses around here, a couple are made by Bodum. They work great for coffee or loose tea. I did not realize they made tea specific pots.

For coffee, I have almost exclusively used the AEROPRESS (http://www.aerobie.com/Products/aeropress_story.htm) coffee maker for 2 months now. It is even better than using a French Press, and I highly recommend it. It basically makes Espresso, I just dilute it with a bunch of hot water to get a strong cup of the best coffee I have ever made.

thomascanty
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 11:58

I'll keep that in mind when you post to the WAIN thread...

My mommy.

http://www.ldphotography.net/Smilies/rotfl.gif

I don't have that problem. I still get paid (though I don't get the shift differential, so I do lose *some* money).

You mean like this?

Buzzackly!

I'll be right over!

Permagrin
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:01
Ok. Tell me how a french press works. And why it's good. Tell me all you know. ;)

well personally, I hate paper filters so I originally bought a french press (way before the wire mesh filters for a coffee pot). It works along the same lines except that you can regulate the temperature of the water better (some coffee pots heat the water too hot...anything beyond 170 scorches the taste of the coffee) by boiling it yourself.

However, since I bought a coffee pot that doesn't scorch the water I stopped using it and since I bought my new espresso machine, I NEVER use the coffee pot.

The downside to the french press is that you are constantly draining and cleaning out coffee grounds. At this point in their existence in my life, I use them for camping.

BearLeeAlive
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:02
Athena, you should made, let's see.....about 24 dozen of each, and sent them out as care packages to fellow POTNers. :)

Permagrin
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:04
Athena, you should made, let's see.....about 24 dozen of each, and sent them out as care packages to fellow POTNers. :)

best idea all day!! I'll just PM her my addy...:lol:

thomascanty
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:04

http://www.ldphotography.net/Smilies/yeahthat.jpg

Athena
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:06
OK, that is so cool. I had been looking into the French Press stuff for coffee not too long ago. Didn't know that you could use those for tea.Just use the press for coffee, the tea needs to float loose and then be taken out of the water. The teapots have a basket that sits inside and the leaves can float loosely in the water. Then you take the basket out to stop the brewing. If you leave the leaves in too long the tea can become bitter.

*Happily browsing the Bodum site*

Ok. Tell me how a french press works. And why it's good. Tell me all you know. ;)You put your coffee in, add boiled water and let it sit for awhile, then you slowly press down the plunger and pour the coffee. It's LOVELY - very rich. :)

theague
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:08
gmae! *yawn* - i am SO groggy this morning. I slept like a BRICK last night but still feel the need for MORE! It's 10am and I'm STILL yawning like crazy!

Athena

lol Jim - it takes LOVE for me to cook/bake for someone. It's not my favorite chore unless I have a nice, big, modern kitchen at my disposal (which I do not either here in the condo or in Thailand :( )

thomascanty
How to use a press pot (http://www.coffeegeek.com/guides/presspot)

Athena
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:09
Not so Random Thought for the Day: Plants LOVE coffee grounds. Instead of putting them in the compost or the garbage disposal put them around your plants.

theague
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:10
what if I don't have plants?

Permagrin
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:10
Not so Random Thought for the Day: Plants LOVE coffee grounds. Instead of putting them in the compost or the garbage disposal put them around your plants.

this is a very good suggestion that I always forget...

and it makes me think...why is coffee bad for me and good for the plants? :lol:

cfpackerfan
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:11
This is like the pot I have right now (not this exact one, but very similar)

LINK (http://cgi.ebay.com/Ceramic-Teapot-Lid-Strainer-Set-Pink-Free-Ship-Relaxing_W0QQitemZ280144195310QQihZ018QQcategoryZ1 238QQcmdZViewItem)

theague
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:12
and it makes me think...why is coffee bad for me and good for the plants? :lol:

Because you have a weak stomach like me?
Because the plants don't actually ingest it?
Because they are addicted to caffine?

theague
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:13

LINK (http://cgi.ebay.com/Ceramic-Teapot-Lid-Strainer-Set-Pink-Free-Ship-Relaxing_W0QQitemZ280144195310QQihZ018QQcategoryZ1 238QQcmdZViewItem)

That's from Dupont, WA... just south of me. :)

Permagrin
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:13
Because you have a weak stomach like me?
Because the plants don't actually ingest it?
Because they are addicted to caffine?

:lol::lol:

cfpackerfan
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:14
How to use a press pot (http://www.coffeegeek.com/guides/presspot)Thank you! Very interesting.

this is a very good suggestion that I always forget...

and it makes me think...why is coffee bad for me and good for the plants? :lol: :lol: :lol: It must have something to do with them inhaling carbon dioxide and exhaling oxygen. :lol:

Becky N
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:15
What browser are you using, Becky? Sounds like you have JavaScript turned off.

Internet Explorer.

Miniflash
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:18
I personally love caffine .Coffee is ok ..if made the way i like it haha Hot sweet and light :)
Tea ..Fav is English tea brewed by a englishmen served to me in bed ..lol

Athena
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:20
Cat - I have this press (http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.asp?MD=1&GID=3&LID=10&HID=1932&CHK=&SLT=&mscssid=0PWV206GJ8UW9K33KUKUL5PS8AV64VB0), and this one for travelling (http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.asp?MD=1&GID=3&LID=19&CHK=&SLT=&mscssid=0PWV206GJ8UW9K33KUKUL5PS8AV64VB0). And this frothing set (http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.asp?MD=1&GID=4&LID=317&CHK=&SLT=&mscssid=0PWV206GJ8UW9K33KUKUL5PS8AV64VB0). I want this set of cups (http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.asp?MD=1&GID=30&LID=506&CHK=&SLT=&mscssid=0PWV206GJ8UW9K33KUKUL5PS8AV64VB0)(SO cool).

For tea I have the Chombard pot shown on this page (http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/group_lines.asp?MD=2&GID=7&CHK=&SLT=&mscssid=0PWV206GJ8UW9K33KUKUL5PS8AV64VB0), and this kettle (http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.asp?MD=2&GID=77&LID=450&CHK=&SLT=&mscssid=0PWV206GJ8UW9K33KUKUL5PS8AV64VB0). I have some other stuff like glass storage canisters too, but can't think of it all. ;)

Miniflash
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:21
Athena great bug shot ..lol
Yum CC cookies (::)
I had a piece of chocolate cake at a lunch i went to yesterday ...Wow it was nice and moist made me want milk :)

Becky N
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:21

Take morphine :p

Athena
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:22

That's cute! I like it. And you can take the tea out when you want it to stop brewing. Looks good. :)

theague
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:23
Cat - I have this press (http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.asp?MD=1&GID=3&LID=10&HID=1932&CHK=&SLT=&mscssid=0PWV206GJ8UW9K33KUKUL5PS8AV64VB0), and this one for travelling (http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.asp?MD=1&GID=3&LID=19&CHK=&SLT=&mscssid=0PWV206GJ8UW9K33KUKUL5PS8AV64VB0). And this frothing set (http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.asp?MD=1&GID=4&LID=317&CHK=&SLT=&mscssid=0PWV206GJ8UW9K33KUKUL5PS8AV64VB0). I want this set of cups (http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.asp?MD=1&GID=30&LID=506&CHK=&SLT=&mscssid=0PWV206GJ8UW9K33KUKUL5PS8AV64VB0)(SO cool).

For tea I have the Chombard pot shown on this page (http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/group_lines.asp?MD=2&GID=7&CHK=&SLT=&mscssid=0PWV206GJ8UW9K33KUKUL5PS8AV64VB0), and this kettle (http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.asp?MD=2&GID=77&LID=450&CHK=&SLT=&mscssid=0PWV206GJ8UW9K33KUKUL5PS8AV64VB0). I have some other stuff like glass storage canisters too, but can't think of it all. ;)

You're an addict... but I do want an electric kettle.

cfpackerfan
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:24
Take morphine :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

cfpackerfan
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:24

NiiiIiiIiIiIIiiiiiiccccce!

Miniflash
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:25
Terri Thanks ..
Hope you Feel better ...A day off work always worked for me !

Skrim17
lol Deb. I must fess up to a nasty caffeine habit myself, highly dependent upon my daily dose of diet pepsi.

cfpackerfan
NiiiIiiIiIiIIiiiiiiccccce!

Yes, I'm quoting myself.

I's were not meant to intermingle capital and lowercase. It looks WEIRD.

wu_wei0
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:26
what if I don't have plants?You can buy them on the open market now. Go to the garden center and pull out the credit card. . . you get the picture. then take it home an give it coffee grounds.:rolleyes:

see how easy??

:p

:lol:

cfpackerfan
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:27
:lol: :lol:

thomascanty
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:27
Internet Explorer.

Hmmm, I'm not very familiar with IE and don't see anything in the configuration that specifically mentions Javascript. I think it's probably one of the "Scripting" options in the Security Settings tab when you click on "Custom Level". Do you see anything in there that's disabled?

Becky N
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:31

Especially Clementis.

misspix
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:31
Dried coffee grounds are also great odor/moisture eliminators. Simply spread the used grounds on a cookie sheet, allow to dry. Cut the feet out of a pair of pantyhose and place the grounds inside. Tie off the top and hang them anywhere you wish! Works especially well in camp trailers.
Take morphine :p
ROFL!

theague
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:32
lol Deb. I must fess up to a nasty caffeine habit myself, highly dependent upon my daily dose of diet pepsi.
I'm still addicted. I'm having withdrawal symptoms right now. Ever since my endoscopy last month I was told to avoid caffeine! :(

Yes, I'm quoting myself.

I's were not meant to intermingle capital and lowercase. It looks WEIRD.
I've never quoted myself, what was it like Cat? :lol:

You can buy them on the open market now. Go to the garden center and pull out the credit card. . . you get the picture. then take it home an give it coffee grounds.:rolleyes:

see how easy??
:p
:lol:

Plants die in my apartment or when under the care of my wife and I. lol

theague
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:33
Dried coffee grounds are also great odor/moisture eliminators. Simply spread the used grounds on a cookie sheet, allow to dry. Cut the feet out of a pair of pantyhose and place the grounds inside. Tie off the top and hang them anywhere you wish! Works especially well in camp trailers.

ROFL!

Why cut off the feet?

Athena
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:37
You're an addict... but I do want an electric kettle.Love my kettles. :)

Not really addicted - just had a life that involved a fair share of entertaining. Got so used to it that I even served pressed coffee and muffins to my photo classes! lol

Plants die in my apartment or when under the care of my wife and I. lol
:roll: it's because you don't give them coffee!! We are trying to help you out Kody - work with us. :lol:

Guineh
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:37
shhh - you are telling my secrets! Geesh... lol

I didn't tell them where to find the Magic Pixie Dust.

wu_wei0
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:39
what if I don't have plants?

I didn't tell them where to find the Magic Pixie Dust.
and here I thought you didn't get my PM re MPD!

You're holding out on me!!

Becky N
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:43
Hmmm, I'm not very familiar with IE and don't see anything in the configuration that specifically mentions Javascript. I think it's probably one of the "Scripting" options in the Security Settings tab when you click on "Custom Level". Do you see anything in there that's disabled?

Security is set at Medium.

Under Custom:

Download unsigned Active X is Disabled

Inialize Active X not marked as safe is Disabled

Java Permissions is High Safety

and Access Data across domains is Disabled

Funny how this started on its own. And last week I started getting Run Time errors do I want to debug notices.

Guineh
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:43
and here I thought you didn't get my PM re MPD!

You're holding out on me!!

I won't tell anyone how or where to obtain it. It's extremely cruel to entrap and shake pixies just to get their magic dust. Much better to blast your target insect with a CO2 fire extinguisher than mistreat a bunch of innocent pixies just to get a few milligrams of their dust.

theague
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:46
:roll: it's because you don't give them coffee!! We are trying to help you out Kody - work with us. :lol:

Thanks, I need all the help I can get. :)

Becky N
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:47
Very cool tea and coffee items you all are linking. I always wanted a French Coffee Press, Athena's site looks quite reasonable.

I only drink coffee in the morning, usually one mug, big mug, sometimes 2. Afer that it is all caffine free drinks. Trying to drink a lot more water.

Guineh
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 12:53
orange

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/skrim/nextone/psychokitty.jpg

Crissa... Did I ever tell you how much I love this picture of Puck ... that tilted head looking straight at the camera, as if to ask, "What are you doing with that?"

theague
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 13:07
Crissa... Did I ever tell you how much I love this picture of Puck ... that tilted head looking straight at the camera, as if to ask, "What are you doing with that?"

it tis such a great picture isn't it? I think it's one of my favorites of the cats!

Skrim17
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 13:08
It needs a little noise reduction and white balancing, but it is cute. His head was tilted cause he wouldn't straighten it with the hat on!

wu_wei0
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 13:13
I won't tell anyone how or where to obtain it. It's extremely cruel to entrap and shake pixies just to get their magic dust. Much better to blast your target insect with a CO2 fire extinguisher than mistreat a bunch of innocent pixies just to get a few milligrams of their dust.

I'll agree with that, but it is non-permanent-- like getting honey. You do no damage to the bees when you harvest honey.

I do hate the cruel harvesting of magical creatures just to satisfy family recipes, though. Just ask my "sweet" sister Permie about our row over Sugar Plum Faeries. It's getting time for our annual argument.

Oh-- and if you treat them right, Pixies will willingly shake their own dust!

Pete
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 13:18
Just back home.

Left early this morning, just as the sun was rising. It was one of those magical sunrises where high contrails are a deep salmon colour before the sun really comes up. As I was driving along, it was wonderful to see the mist still in the fields and valleys.

I drove home tonight during an equally wonderful twilight. Saw the sun thinly veiled by whispy, cotton candy clouds, like someone had stirred them gently with a hand.

Fields on either side containing cows and sheep with long long shadows. Wonderful quality to the light. Of course, I was wearing sunglasses, which added to the sight.

Shame I didn't have the camera, or the opportunity to stop and use it.

Anyhow, it's lovely to see days like this. Just wanted to share.

Guineh
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 13:19
Oh-- and if you treat them right, Pixies will willingly shake their own dust!

Yes, but that requires years of domestication and training from birth...

Miniflash
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 13:22
Pete you did a lovely job at describing it :) I love early morns ..

Permagrin
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 13:22
okay...I mailed my 85...of all the things I've sold, the 5D and this were the most difficult. I've no idea why this though, since I only used it 3x...the 5D I KNOW why...:lol:

cfpackerfan
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 13:23
Just back home.

Left early this morning, just as the sun was rising. It was one of those magical sunrises where high contrails are a deep salmon colour before the sun really comes up. As I was driving along, it was wonderful to see the mist still in the fields and valleys.

I drove home tonight during an equally wonderful twilight. Saw the sun thinly veiled by whispy, cotton candy clouds, like someone had stirred them gently with a hand.

Fields on either side containing cows and sheep with long long shadows. Wonderful quality to the light. Of course, I was wearing sunglasses, which added to the sight.

Shame I didn't have the camera, or the opportunity to stop and use it.

Anyhow, it's lovely to see days like this. Just wanted to share.

Wow Pete. You share awesome pictures, even without your camera. ;)
Beautiful.

cfpackerfan
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 13:24
okay...I mailed my 85...of all the things I've sold, the 5D and this were the most difficult. I've no idea why this though, since I only used it 3x...the 5D I KNOW why...:lol:

I missed this earlier.
When/why did you decide to sell your 85?

Permagrin

oh I do too! HOW CUTE!! (I must have missed it posted large)

Miniflash
Seems like we all have a certain passion for pixie dust to caffine ..morphene even ..lol
Whatever makes your day easier I say is a good thing :)
Well if not easier ...tolerable at best :)

Permagrin
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 13:25
I missed this earlier.
When/why did you decide to sell your 85?

well, because I never used it for one...
and for two, I was looking for a longer lens...we have 2 85mm in the house and a 90mm it just seemed like overkill for something I never used...

Pete
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 13:27
Aww shucks.. I tells it how I see it.

But it was beautiful, I'm privelidged to have it as my route home. I love to savour the views, I try not to take them for granted. I really love the country in which I live.

Miniflash
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 13:30
Becky ..I had to train myself to drink water ..took a while felt like I had to go more out than in .. every few minutes now not so much your body will adjust to it .I also found drinking more in the am helped me and drinking it at room temp .providing the room isn't 100 degrees ..haha

wu_wei0
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 13:34
Yes, but that requires years of domestication and training from birth...

we should talk. That's just a misconception.

Pixies are natural dancers. you just need the right music and a little refreshment. . . . They shake quite nicely all on their own and have fun at the same time.

theague
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 13:35
Pete, I feel the same way when I drive to work. I routinely get a view of Rainier and the surrounding foothills. Often the sunrise, especially this time of year, is breathtaking. Just this morning the sun was shining rays through the clouds and a storm was raging over the foothills. It was awesome. :) Never an opportunity to pull over for a shot and really it wouldn't do it justice anyways with the locations I have available to pull over.

Guineh
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 13:38

Pixies are natural dancers. you just need the right music and a little refreshment. . . . They shake quite nicely all on their own and have fun at the same time.

The last pixie I encountered bit me, badly, when I tried to get it to dance. I suppose 90's club remixes aren't proper dance music for pixies?

(edit)
Then it sprinkled the guinea pig with some of its "magic" dust

<-- That was the result.

misspix
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 13:40
Why cut off the feet?
To make a small sachet like enclosure. Have you ever tried pouring coffee grounds down the long legs of pantyhose? :shock:
Wow Pete. You share awesome pictures, even without your camera. ;)
Beautiful.
^^That!

They also like Pizza. Extra cheese. *nods knowingly*

Permagrin
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 13:44

:lol: I just know all the wrong pixies apparently :lol:

theague
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 13:45
To make a small sachet like enclosure. Have you ever tried pouring coffee grounds down the long legs of pantyhose? :shock:

^^That!

No, actually I have not... now I'm understanding the concept.. you're putting the grounds in the feet, for some reason i pictured it in the legs. lol :rolleyes:

wu_wei0
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 13:48
No, actually I have not... now I'm understanding the concept.. you're putting the grounds in the feet, for some reason i pictured it in the legs. lol :rolleyes:that'd be a lot of coffee grounds!

I think Permie is the only one who could fill a leg effectively and quickly!

Permagrin
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 13:51
that'd be a lot of coffee grounds!

I think Permie is the only one who could fill a leg effectively and quickly!

LOL :lol::lol:

probably true...at least somewhat :lol:

wu_wei0
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 13:51
The last pixie I encountered bit me, badly, when I tried to get it to dance. I suppose 90's club remixes aren't proper dance music for pixies?

(edit)
Then it sprinkled the guinea pig with some of its "magic" dust

<-- That was the result.

I'd probably have bit you badly, too!

90s club remixes are not favored by most magical creatures. THere are some who really dig it, but they tend to stay by themselves. They are outcast by the greater magicial creature community.

Pete
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 13:53
Pete, I feel the same way when I drive to work. I routinely get a view of Rainier and the surrounding foothills. Often the sunrise, especially this time of year, is breathtaking. Just this morning the sun was shining rays through the clouds and a storm was raging over the foothills. It was awesome. :) Never an opportunity to pull over for a shot and really it wouldn't do it justice anyways with the locations I have available to pull over.

Yup. Nice to know it's there, isn't it?

Skrim17
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 13:54
So Pete you have rebates over there, aren't you going to buy anything Mr. Spendy?

BearLeeAlive
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 13:56
I really love the country in which I live.
I feel this is extremely important. If you truly do not like the geography, weather or other demographic characteristics of the area you live in, you should move. It is great to embrace the attributes places have, rather than dwell on their supposed shortcomings. I love winter and snow, and embrace it. If I did not, like many don't, it would be a long cold miserable time for me. I hate it when folks new to an area complain that it is not like this or that from where they came, go back if it is that much better. :)
Pete, I feel the same way when I drive to work. I routinely get a view of Rainier and the surrounding foothills.
Unfortunately, unless I go to the kitchen for coffee, or go to the gym in the morning, my office door is 4' from my bedroom door. I don't miss the traffic hassles, but I do miss just getting out. I do get out during the day to various meetings which is nice. :)

BearLeeAlive
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 14:01
So Pete you have rebates over there, aren't you going to buy anything Mr. Spendy?
The only rebate that is great here is the same one as last year, $700 off the 5D if you buy 2 things, and I already have one. So, I doubt I will take advantage of any rebates.

Canon Canada Rebate (http://www.paxtonprints.com/extras/canon_double_rebate_2007.pdf)

Edit: Oops, I had linked to an old rebate offer, but 'tis fixed now. :)

Becky N
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 14:02
I routinely get a view of Rainier and the surrounding foothills. Often the sunrise, especially this time of year, is breathtaking.

Oh, I remember similar views when I drove from Everett to Bellvue.:-)

Pete
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 14:03

Nope. All my stuff has been either seconds or from Hong Kong.

Skrim17
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 14:06
I am lusting after the 5D, but will probably wait. Deb and I might go in on a 5D and 100 macro to get the double rebates tho, she'll get the camera and I'll get the lens.

cfpackerfan
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 14:26
Wonder"
Rebelxt
AV 4.5
ISO 400
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l108/miniflash_2006/NEWOREGON006LargeWebview.jpg

DEB! This is great!!!

Guineh
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 14:32
I'd probably have bit you badly, too!

90s club remixes are not favored by most magical creatures. THere are some who really dig it, but they tend to stay by themselves. They are outcast by the greater magicial creature community.

70's Disco, then?
Or perhaps Jazz?
If not, then Swing?
Big Band?
Classical Ballroom Music?

BearLeeAlive
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 14:35
DEB! This is great!!!
It sure is Deb, well done.

And now I find another photo contest going on, looks like I missed that one, it's been going a while. I really should venture outside of this thread and the now many other threads I have subscribed too, just not enough time it seems.

theague
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 14:43
Yup. Nice to know it's there, isn't it?
Sure is. :)

I feel this is extremely important. If you truly do not like the geography, weather or other demographic characteristics of the area you live in, you should move. It is great to embrace the attributes places have, rather than dwell on their supposed shortcomings. I love winter and snow, and embrace it. If I did not, like many don't, it would be a long cold miserable time for me. I hate it when folks new to an area complain that it is not like this or that from where they came, go back if it is that much better. :)

Unfortunately, unless I go to the kitchen for coffee, or go to the gym in the morning, my office door is 4' from my bedroom door. I don't miss the traffic hassles, but I do miss just getting out. I do get out during the day to various meetings which is nice. :)

I know what you mean... If I didn't HAVE to go out of the house 5 days a week that might be a bad thing for me. :lol:

I am lusting after the 5D, but will probably wait. Deb and I might go in on a 5D and 100 macro to get the double rebates tho, she'll get the camera and I'll get the lens.
I'm lusting after the 5D also. I have to be realistic though and understand that it won't happen for a long long time.

Skrim17
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 14:49
honestly the 17-55 2.8 IS is such an awesome lens, I would hate to loose it. Ever since I took the UV/Haze filter off it after the 4th of July I have fallen madly in love with it all over again.

theague
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 14:53
why did you have to take the filter off to fall in love with it?

Miniflash
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 14:54
Thanks CAT ~
Crissa have ya heard any rebates in us yet?
Would love a 5D for my trip ..lol

Miniflash
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 14:55
:oops:Thanks Jim ~now I'm blushing:o

Miniflash
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 14:56
Crissa what makes it a good lens ..is it because you like to use it for people pics?

Miniflash
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 14:57
I love to take close ups ..when I'm in tight spots ..so i would love it i bet :)

Miniflash
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 14:57
Kody hi ..didnt mean to be rude and not say hi :)

Maxed Out
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 14:58
gmae....

finally got my flash (430ex) and been experimenting and have no clue how to use it, I need some major help understanding flash:(

theague
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 15:05
Kody hi ..didnt mean to be rude and not say hi :)
Hi Deb, nice 5-fer there! :lol:

gmae....

finally got my flash (430ex) and been experimenting and have no clue how to use it, I need some major help understanding flash:(

Maxy Poo... read the manual yo! :)

Maxed Out
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 15:07
Hi Deb, nice 5-fer there! :lol:

Maxy Poo... read the manual yo! :)

i did, i know how to use it.....but I'm just confused about HOW to use it properly:lol:

idk what im saying

theague
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 15:12
Did you attach it to the hot-shoe?

the_incubus
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 15:12
gmae....

lots of information here. http://photonotes.org/articles/eos-flash/

will give you a basic overview on a lot of different things regarding a flash.

thomascanty
4th of October 2007 (Thu), 15:13
Funny how this started on its own. And last week I started getting Run Time errors do I want to debug notices.

The multi-quote checkboxes are controlled by Javascript, so the ActiveX and Java settings don't matter. I just don't know which of the "security" settings actually allows Javascript to work. Sorry. I'm not very familiar with IE.

Does anyone else have access to that computer? Seems odd that it only stopped working recently. Something had to change.