PDA

View Full Version : The 3rd official Random Discussion For TPBM Photo's and Photographers Thread (3)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

short5
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:11
[this is the Hudson river, if I were looking downstream you would see the George Washington Bridge that connects NJ to NYC.Gorgeous

I wouldn't have been able to get shots like this with the 30D. ;) You Utahians always touch the sea life :p

I finished most of them, here's my favorite football pics from Friday.

Great low light action shots!

short5
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:11
Oh Kit it is a really good shot of the starfish.

thomascanty
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:12
Yup. Right about the point of Pink being named my team color I would also lose all school spirit.

What's wrong with pink?!? :evil::evil::evil:

cfpackerfan
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:12
You Utahians always touch the sea life :p

:lol: :lol: But of course. :cool:

Becky N
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:13
Max, great shots. Some excellent timing throughout.

Maxed Out
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:16
Great low light action shots!

The xt's not doing too bad.....can't wait till I get a 70-200

Maxed Out
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:16
thanks becky

Maxed Out
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:17
and thrizzle!!!!!

Skrim17
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:18
Max what were you shooting the football with?

short5
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:18
Did you really just thrizzle?

:p

cfpackerfan
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:22
Did you really just thrizzle?

Ewww . Gross.

Skrim17
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:24
falling asleep at the keys here, night kids.

short5
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:25
Niters Crissa

Becky N
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:25
GGGGgggggggggrrrrrrrrrrr we were undermined and under sold by a Sony.

When we showed up at the shoot Tuesday, there was a father there shooting with a Sony DSLR. He told us it was for his own use, that he had told others to get us called so there were shots for others. By the third time he told me he was telling others his images were going to be for his own use, that he had no intention of making any money from them, a flag went up. By then we were well into the shoot.

Sure enough, today when we were selling our CD's, we got word, he was selling CD's Friday night after the performance a couple dollars less than us. Needless to say, we are not happy about selling only 12 of the 80 CD's we burned yesterday. Honestly, I don't think those who called us, are aware he did this, we intend to let them know. And make sure we have the exclusive, if there is another show.

Permagrin
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:26

When we showed up at the shoot Tuesday, there was a father there shooting with a Sony DSLR. He told us it was for his own use, that he had told others to get us called so there were shots for others. By the third time he told me he was telling others his images were going to be for his own use, that he had no intention of making any money from them, a flag went up. By then we were well into the shoot.

Sure enough, today when we were selling our CD's, we got word, he was selling CD's Friday night after the performance a couple dollars less than us. Needless to say, we are not happy about selling only 12 of the 80 CD's we burned yesterday. Honestly, I don't think those who called us, are aware he did this, we intend to let them know. And make sure we have the exclusive, if there is another show.

oh that totally sucks!! Totally. I'm really sorry. I can easily imagine how frustrated you must be!!

cfpackerfan
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:27
Night Crissa.

Yuck, Becky. :( Sorry to hear that happened. Grrrrr...

Becky N
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:32
oh that totally sucks!! Totally. I'm really sorry. I can easily imagine how frustrated you must be!!

One of the moms from the other shoot we did, had daughters in this show, her in-laws bought one of his CD's. She will let us know how they turned out. Because his daughter was in the production he took lots of shots from the rough rehearsals, the set building, etc. Had he sold only those images, I would have had know problem, but; we know he had the dress rehearsal on there as well.

He also was telling me how much he liked our verbage on our web site. I'm going to be on the lookout for another web site coming up with the same comparisons and words, if we get any wind of him doing other productions in the area. I don't mind competion, it is bound to happen, but; don't steal our ideas and don't come into a rehearsal under false pretenses.

Permagrin
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:34
One of the moms from the other shoot we did, had daughters in this show, her in-laws bought one of his CD's. She will let us know how they turned out. Because his daughter was in the production he took lots of shots from the rough rehearsals, the set building, etc. Had he sold only those images, I would have had know problem, but; we know he had the dress rehearsal on there as well.

He also was telling me how much he liked our verbage on our web site. I'm going to be on the lookout for another web site coming up with the same comparisons and words, if we get any wind of him doing other productions in the area. I don't mind competion, it is bound to happen, but; don't steal our ideas and don't come into a rehearsal under false pretenses.

yeah, that's so low!
You just don't do that. I'm really sorry. Especially when I know how much work it takes to process the photos and make the dvd's...that's just really rotten.

Becky N
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:34
On a better note, we sold most all the CD's from 101 Dalmations.

Permagrin
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:35
On a better note, we sold most all the CD's from 101 Dalmations.

that IS good news :)

Becky N
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:36
Not only the PP time, but; we both rearranged vacation time to shoot the rehearsal at the last minute.

Becky N
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:37
Past my bedtime, so niters all. Sorry for the short visit.

Maxed Out
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:39
Max what were you shooting the football with?

Xt gripped with the tamron 28-75mm f/2.8

see my problem.....I have to severely crop sometimes:cry:

cfpackerfan
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:40
Night Becky.

Becky N
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:41
Oops, meant to comment on the tunnel accident. Lonnie, I just watched something last evening on the Eisenhower Memorial Tunnel in the Rockies. The biggest fear in a tunnel that size is fire.

Maxed Out
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:43
goodnight becky.....

I'm going to bed myself

Night Everyone

thomascanty
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:46
The biggest fear in a tunnel that size is fire.

I can imagine. I was reading the latest article on CNN about an hour ago. They said the temperature in the tunnel reached 1,400 degrees! Wow!

It sounds like things are going better than expected, though. CNN says they got the tunnel cleared. The southbound lanes are expected to be opened by Tuesday and at least some of the northbound lanes by Wednesday. The first half of this week is going to be one hell of a nightmare for commuters!

short5
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 22:48
Tunnel fire video (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1ee_1192370293)

thomascanty
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 23:05
Tunnel fire video (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1ee_1192370293)

Cool video. When I was looking at the videos and photos on the various news web sites this morning, I was thinking of you. :D

thomascanty
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 23:09
There was a UPS truck in there? Uh oh... Good thing I'm not expecting a delivery!

short5
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 23:13
There was a UPS truck in there? Uh oh... Good thing I'm not expecting a delivery!

That would suck to be waiting on Brown

short5
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 23:50
I am going up, catch you all later. *stands out front with a sign that reads "bed or bust"

thomascanty
14th of October 2007 (Sun), 23:51
Need a lift?

G'night, Zane.

misspix
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 00:07
Just got thru processing some more shots from Wool's wedding; thought I would post 'em up here....

Excellent series, Puds :) I am sure the couple will love these!
Was this (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=4122251&postcount=13) out of line? There are a few condescending posters I run into on every thread and he is one. The OP did go out of his way to show he was not a clueless newbie but it did not need that response.
*puts gold star next to Zanes name on chalk board*
I posted this link (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=391900)in the tupper thread but for those that missed it check it out. Be sure to look at his gallery.
:shock: WOW!
OK, I'm here. Kinda. :lol: I'll be popping in and out while I download my CF cards.

It was raining SO hard the first part of the day at Sea World, that we left the DSLRs in the car... I used the Olympus most of the day, but the battery doesn't last too long. Grr. I was glad we had it though. I wouldn't have been able to get shots like this with the 30D. ;)
That is fantastic, Cat! How fun :D
I am going up, catch you all later. *stands out front with a sign that reads "bed or bust"
Night Zane ;)

Pete
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 02:33
Dan. I really love the wedding shots you're posting up.

However, I beleive that you're posting them in the wrong section, you need to put them into WF. I think they'll go down very well there.

thomascanty
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 04:43
It's going to be one of those mornings. Our Internet connection here at work is acting like Jim's. It's down for ten or fifteen minutes, then comes back for a minute or two, then disappears again. And, I'm not getting a signal on my cell phone, so I can't even check in here from that... :(

Pete
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 04:44
I've got one of those days as well, when my internet browsing is constantly being interuppted by having do do work...

thomascanty
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 04:55
Work? What the heck is that?

Skrim17
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 05:59
I have two new employees starting today, doubt I'll get on much myself.

Guineh
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 07:00
Holy chattychatthread, folks! :shock:

My gosh... you all did some serious chatting over the weekend. (I was last hear Saturday evening...) so I guess Sunday was deemed official chat day of the millennium, or something.

Fmmm. Can't catch up.. Gaak,...

... I'm still working on my experiment. Not sure if anything will be postable of it, though. It's one of those things that I wasn't sure if it would work or not.

Net weekend Christopher and I will be returning to the pumpkin patch, with wife (and maybe a couple friends) in tow.

BearLeeAlive
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 07:08
Howdy all you POTNers.

My internet service seems to be working fine now. Figures, as the service tech is coming today. I hope whatever happened does not reoccur after he is gone. I know they could see that my connection was acting up from their office, I just hope things were recorded so they can do some kind of fix, kind of like how vehicles record these types of events.

Like Pete, work is going to get in the way today. I will be out of the office lots doing site stuff and going for some permits.

That sounds pretty underhanded, sorry to hear Becky. I'd say go find him and punch his lights out. :p

Miniflash
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 07:15
Gmae friends
Cat welcome home ~hey at least you only forgot a battery charger
I came to NH forgetting a whole bag filled with socks and underware ,,guess who went shopping :)
Max great shots your class pics got me smiling
Lonnie how ya doing ?
Crissa the folilage is starting to get beautiful this weekend we have hopes to go to the white mountains
Dan I love your cartoons to bad you did'nt do it for a living or maybe you have ,.,,you are truely talented .
Permi hi ya how ya doing these days?
Backy sorry to hear about your woes with the CD's and all its just not nice
Anyone have flat pictures when using a laptop ..I open my pics from photobucket here and they look aweful but on my pc at home they are nice .Question is do I leave the pics alone my new pics ..or can I ps here and then will they look nice for you all or be over done ..hummmmmm..Any suggestions ?I have a newer HP laptop

Miniflash
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 07:16
Hi Jimbear ..nice to see your happy face here .

thomascanty
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 07:20
Lonnie how ya doing ?

I'm doing ok, I guess. Still just hanging in there...

Miniflash
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 07:28
Lonnie ,ok is good enough in times like these I think :)
I'll take a okay day anyday ..hope your heart heals Quick and I'm glad your here .

Becky N
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 07:40
It sounds like things are going better than expected, though. CNN says they got the tunnel cleared. The southbound lanes are expected to be opened by Tuesday and at least some of the northbound lanes by Wednesday. The first half of this week is going to be one hell of a nightmare for commuters!

The commuting nighmare even hit the Chicago news this morning. Where they are asking everyone to use trains or stay home...I'd go with the latter.:D

Crissa the folilage is starting to get beautiful this weekend we have hopes to go to the white mountains

Backy sorry to hear about your woes with the CD's and all its just not nice

Anyone have flat pictures when using a laptop ..I open my pics from photobucket here and they look aweful but on my pc at home they are nice .Question is do I leave the pics alone my new pics ..or can I ps here and then will they look nice for you all or be over done ..hummmmmm..Any suggestions ?I have a newer HP laptop

Don't blow away on the White Mountains, Deb. They can have some extreme weather conditions. Hope it is extreme to the nice side during your visit.

Backy?;) Yes, it just wasn't nice. I should have read Wu's signature and listened to that voice Tuesday morning. Live and learn.

Laptop screens aren't noted to be the best for picture viewing. We did minimum on ours and posted a disclaimer that we had no idea what the quality was really like since we were on the laptop.

G beautiful MAE all. I'm working at getting back to my old optimistic less synical self despite what work, age changes, etc. might throw me.:D

cylentka
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 07:47
GMAE all, just checking in because I miss y'all. ;)

Got another busy week here. :(

I'm still thinking about ya, Lonnie. Keep hanging in there. I'm still in shock myself, so I can't even imagine how you're still feeling.

Have a great Monday, everyone! (ya, I know...)

Miniflash
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 07:54
HI Wanda miss you ..have a good day~

Becky N
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 07:56
WANDA!!!! Good seeing you. Off to the office myself.

Miniflash
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 07:59
Becky sorry for typo ..
Hey could it be colder than Crater lake ..lol
I got to admit I"ll do anything for a pic even get breathless :)
here is Crater lake as a drive by ..lol
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l108/miniflash_2006/IMG_4984LargeWebview.jpg

Miniflash
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 08:01
Becky I saw a pic ..from the colors game of yours that I loved one the yellow desert looking one and the other was the buffalo in the water both where awesome !

cfpackerfan
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 08:47
GMAE all.

*yawn*

Pete
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 08:48
Hi Cat...

<busy beavering away at work>

cfpackerfan
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 08:53
I just took Wadey Cakes to his dentist appointment, so I'm going to be here plugging away at PP till I have to go pick him up.
We took today off too so we could sleep in and relax after getting home last night.
HA! Right. Driving to the dentist before the sun comes up is not my idea of relaxing. :lol:

Wade, on the other hand, is uber-relaxed. :lol: He's having a bunch of work done, and they are using 'oral sedation' instead of gas or completely putting him out. But he had to start the med last night, and take another this morning. He's funny when he's drugged. :lol:

Pete
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 08:56
<been avoiding the dentist for years>

Never had toothache once. As long as they're still chomping away, I'm happy.

thomascanty
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 08:56
Awww. Poor Wadey Cakes.

Becky N
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 09:04
Becky I saw a pic ..from the colors game of yours that I loved one the yellow desert looking one and the other was the buffalo in the water both where awesome !

Thank you Deb, the yellow desert is Hayden Valley in fall foliage, lot of prairie grass. The buffalo is an upset bull coming across from behind me to move the bull I was photograpying out of his territory. Not sure which was more fun to watch during this episode, the buffalo or Curt running for cover behind another car.:-)

Becky N
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 09:05
Should be even more fun when Wadey Cakes is trying to talk with a numb mouth and drugged.

thomascanty
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 09:07
The commuting nighmare even hit the Chicago news this morning. Where they are asking everyone to use trains or stay home...I'd go with the latter.:D

I hope I don't have too much trouble getting home. I shouldn't, since I work nights and will be going the opposite direction of everyone else, but I know I'm not the only one who works nights... The past couple days weren't bad at all, but Monday could bring a whole new set of rules to the game. I'll find out in a couple hours.

cfpackerfan
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 09:11
Should be even more fun when Wadey Cakes is trying to talk with a numb mouth and drugged.They aren't going to numb him. :shock:

cfpackerfan
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 09:13
1) Sedative-Hypnotics: drugs which induce a calming effect, including drowsiness ("sedation"). In higher doses, they induce a state resembling physiological sleep ("hypnosis").

He won't remember anything when they are done. :shock:

People for whom benzos have worked well describe them as "working wonders", as having a calming and relaxing effect, or as making you feel "out of it". Giddiness, confusion and saying silly things are also common. Benzos may make you forget large parts of what happened while you were under their influence, which can be handy if you don't want to remember very much!

Skrim17
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 09:35
Give doped up Wadey Cakes my best Cat.

I've had the 'twighlight sedation' fr oral surgery before, its lovely. Ask him for lots of stuff and tape it cause he won't remember a thing but will promise you the world!

thomascanty
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 09:37
Ask him for lots of stuff and tape it cause he won't remember a thing but will promise you the world!

Now, that's just mean! I hope he reads your post. :lol:

Skrim17
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 09:37
They are essentially giving him rohipnol, other wise known as the 'date rape drug' with a little valium for good measure!

cfpackerfan
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 09:42
Give doped up Wadey Cakes my best Cat.

I've had the 'twighlight sedation' fr oral surgery before, its lovely. Ask him for lots of stuff and tape it cause he won't remember a thing but will promise you the world!
:lol: :lol:

They are essentially giving him rohipnol, other wise known as the 'date rape drug' with a little valium for good measure!:shock: I hope he doesn't get violated. :shock:

cfpackerfan
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 09:44
It was so funny, this morning when I took him in, the nurse said "ok... you need to use the restroom first" and showed him where it was. Then she stood there in the hallway with me telling me some stuff, and me asking questions, just waiting for him to be finished.
After about 2-3 minutes, he opens the door, pops his head out, and says "am I supposed to GO to the bathroom?"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
He'd just been standing in there because she told him to.

Skrim17
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 09:45
ROFL!!!!

Pete
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 09:45
It was so funny, this morning when I took him in, the nurse said "ok... you need to use the restroom first" and showed him where it was. Then she stood there in the hallway with me telling me some stuff, and me asking questions, just waiting for him to be finished.
After about 2-3 minutes, he opens the door, pops his head out, and says "am I supposed to GO to the bathroom?"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL. Funniest thing I've read all day!!

Skrim17
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 09:46

:shock: I hope he doesn't get violated. :shock:

When I had mine they made my husband stay and wait during the procedure. They wouldn't let me do it unless someone was there with me because of the possibility of my later claiming sexual assault.

Skrim17
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 09:47
I was so disappointed to wake up to no rebates today :(

thomascanty
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 09:49
I got a rebate check from the power company yesterday. It was because of the new fridge I bought when I moved. It's an energy saver model, so Edison gave me $65 for buying it. Cool!

Miniflash
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 10:27
AWW darn Crissa ..maybe I should shop up here ..lol find a deal even
Cat ~no taking advantage of your man now ..giggles
Hey Crissa ya know that women in the news from NYC who was murdered a few days ago started work with Andy he has been working next to her all day the week before we came here .He felt so bad about her ..if ya didn't hear she was murdered by a boyfriend who lost his temper then got scared and hid her under clothes in his room fro 3 days ...ewwwwww ...

Miniflash
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 10:28
Cat did ya have a nice time despite the rain ?

Skrim17
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 10:40
I hadn't heard Deb, I try to avoid local news, international is depressing enough!

Wow that must be so weird for Andy.

misspix
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 11:19
GMAE all, just checking in because I miss y'all. ;)

Got another busy week here. :(

I'm still thinking about ya, Lonnie. Keep hanging in there. I'm still in shock myself, so I can't even imagine how you're still feeling.

Have a great Monday, everyone! (ya, I know...)
I prefer to think of today as 'Tuesday A' :)
if ya didn't hear she was murdered by a boyfriend who lost his temper then got scared and hid her under clothes in his room fro 3 days ...ewwwwww ...
:mad: People suck.

short5
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 11:27
They are essentially giving him rohipnol, other wise known as the 'date rape drug' with a little valium for good measure!

Better living through chemistry;) Hi and bye I am just spinning through. I got the guys on a job and need to run take the horses blankies off lest they cook. Catch you all later.

Hey Kit I would draw smiley faces and write notes in Wades palms. I had a surgeon do that to me. It was pretty funny to find. I was like what the heck is written on me? I think it said stuff like everything went well:lol:

Miniflash
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 11:48
Crissa ,Andy was weirded out ..he said he's glad he isn't there in NY while all this is going on ..he feels sad .
I'm with you on the news I only knew cause they told them up here about it because she had'nt showed up to work .I avoid news also world can be so harsh I have trouble enough keeping ok ..lol

Miniflash
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 11:49
Hi Terri ..waving ..yea but not all people :)

theague
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 12:16
GMAE!

Anyone have a nice weekend?

misspix
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 12:24
Hi Terri ..waving ..yea but not all people :)
Hi Deb :D
And you are right, not all people suck, just enough of them to make me want to lock up my family and friends then build a moat around them and stock it with piranha and other meat eating water dwellers.
GMAE!

Anyone have a nice weekend?
Hi Kody! My weekend was filled with my youngest son's 18th birthday :shock:(he is actually 18 on the 20th but we celebrated a week early due to scheduling conflicts) and my youngest daughters Global Studies report :rolleyes:

Miniflash
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 12:28
hahaha Terri hope I can come visit ya ..lol
How fun 18 huh LOL Now the fun begins ....
Kody I had a nice weekend went up and down the coast ...taking photos and enjoying the days

Becky N
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 12:36
He won't remember anything when they are done. :shock:

Oh, kinda like Zane's gatorade cocktail.;)

Hi Deb :D
And you are right, not all people suck, just enough of them to make me want to lock up my family and friends then build a moat around them and stock it with piranha and other meat eating water dwellers.

Unfortunately, we get inudated with the sucky people and not the the good people through the media. For instance, how much coverage do you think the local paper gave to the All School Musical. 100+ kids working together since June putting on a great production. 1/2 of them sitting still for most of the 2nd Act on stage, great blend of voices....1 small hidden article.

There are a lot of young people doing a lot more public service then most adults, me included, but; do we see or hear of the work they do?

But let one building get hit by gang graffetti and it is front page news for days.

Not saying, such things shouldn't also be brought to our attention, but; the good stuff seems to be passed over way to quickly.

They say it is because it sells, but; I'd switch subscriptions in a heart beat if we had a paper that gave equal time to the good news as to the bad news.

Skrim17
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 12:54
I *so* hear you Becky!!

We had a wonderful weekend in bucolic NJ!

cfpackerfan
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 12:59
Cat did ya have a nice time despite the rain ?Yes we did. A very good time. :D

Hey Kit I would draw smiley faces and write notes in Wades palms. I had a surgeon do that to me. It was pretty funny to find. I was like what the heck is written on me? I think it said stuff like everything went well:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GMAE!

Anyone have a nice weekend?Yep!

We are back. Wade is still doped, but having a little lunch before taking a nap. I think I'll draw on him while he sleeps. And give Christmas gift suggestions. :lol: Doc told me that the drug is hypnotic/suggestive, so anything I tell him, he won't really remember, but he will believe it. Hahahahaaa! I have plans.

theague
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 13:05
You are evil Cat! lol

It's amazing how powerful some of those drugs are... the wife was showing me some photos on her PDA phone that she took while I was having my tests last week. I see myself but have NO recolection of the events. It's an odd sensation. I could not believe how big the first tube was that she stuck up my nose! Thank goodness that one wasn't left up there over night! :shock:

misspix
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 13:21
CAT!!!!

cfpackerfan
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 13:23
CAT!!!!TERRI!!!

misspix
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 13:24
TERRI!!!
:) Just wanted to see if you were *really* here.

Have you read 'The Good Guy'? (Dean Koontz)

cfpackerfan
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 13:27
:) Just wanted to see if you were *really* here.

Have you read 'The Good Guy'? (Dean Koontz)
No. I drooled over it for a few minutes in the checkout line at the store though. :lol: Why? Have you?? Is it good??

theague
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 13:27
The good guy dies.

misspix
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 13:29
No. I drooled over it for a few minutes in the checkout line at the store though. :lol: Why? Have you?? Is it good??
It is good :) I shan't gloat *snicker*

Did you ever get the chance to read 'The Husband'?

cfpackerfan
:p. Not unless you are the good guy, Kody. :evil:

misspix
The good guy dies.
*thumps Kody's ear* He does not!

cfpackerfan
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 13:30
It is good :) I shan't gloat *snicker*

Did you ever get the chance to read 'The Husband'?

No. :oops:

I haven't read too much lately. :shock:
I scanned the bookshelf for a book to read this morning while waiting for Wade, and settled on Sudoku puzzles. :rolleyes:

theague
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 13:34
so easy to stir you two up. :)

misspix
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 13:34
No. :oops:

I haven't read too much lately. :shock:
I scanned the bookshelf for a book to read this morning while waiting for Wade, and settled on Sudoku puzzles. :rolleyes:
:shock: I do feel your pain, tho. I am down to one book left to read...then NADA! ZIP! ZERO! I am all caught up with my writers :eek: and new books aren't coming until Spring '08. I don't know if I can stand it.
It might be a good time to get caught up on my magazines, though :rolleyes: I am about 3 months behind :lol:

misspix
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 13:35
so easy to stir you two up. :)
:p:p:p

misspix
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 13:37
Gotta run for a bit........

cfpackerfan
OK... time for a Koontz swap. :lol:
I'll list all mine, and see if there are any you haven't read yet, and I'll ship them off to you. ;)

cfpackerfan
Gotta run for a bit........

K. Catch you later.

theague
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 13:41
Koontz.. nerds read Koontz..

thomascanty
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 13:42
Ewww... You guys like Koontz?

Sorry. But I just can't read his books. I can tolerate Stephen King. Just barely... But not Koontz.

Now, Coonts, on the other hand, is one of my favorite authors, though admittedly I haven't read anything of his in quite a few years.

cfpackerfan
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 13:44

Sorry. But I just can't read his books. I can tolerate Stephen King. Just barely... But not Koontz.

Now, Coonts, on the other hand, is one of my favorite authors, though admittedly I haven't read anything of his in quite a few years.

I love Koontz. He is my VERY favorite author. I love his literary style, and his topics are just creepy enough. ;)

cfpackerfan
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 13:46
LaJolla beach, CA. It was absolutely beautiful. Never had I seen the water that clear and that gorgeous of a blue before.

theague
Cat, how long until you become the number 1 poster on POTN?

theague
LaJolla beach, CA. It was absolutely beautiful. Never had I seen the water that clear and that gorgeous of a blue before.

I'm assuming a picture is coming?

Lovely, got any more?

Permagrin
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 13:47
G'mae everyone :)

Cat, that bathroom story of Wade's had me laughing for 10 min! Seriously, that was so funny!!

Permagrin
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 13:48

very pretty...looks cold!

cfpackerfan
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 13:51
OK, Terri. My Koontz list. If there are any here that you haven't read yet, let me know and I'll box them up. I can't let you be Koontzless. :lol: :lol:

From the Corner of His Eye
Fear Nothing
Eyes of Darkness
Lightning
The voice of the night
Hideaway
The Door to December
The House of thunder
Shadowfires
Winter Moon
Midnight
Shattered
Dragon Tears
Dark Rivers of the heart
The key to Midnight
PHantoms
The Funhouse
The Face
One door away from Heaven
Whispers
The Bad Place
Cold Fire
Strangers
Darkfall
The Face of Fear
The Mask
The servants of Twilight
Icebound
The Taking
By the light of the Moon
Strange Highways
Mr. Murder

cfpackerfan
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 13:53
Cat, how long until you become the number 1 poster on POTN?Won't happen. :p

I'm assuming a picture is coming?

Lovely, got any more?Thank you. And yes I have more, but not processed yet.

G'mae everyone :)

Cat, that bathroom story of Wade's had me laughing for 10 min! Seriously, that was so funny!!I'm STILL laughing. :lol:

very pretty...looks cold!It wasn't too cold actually. It was fairly early still, and we didn't get in the water here. This was just a teeny little alcove, not really a beach spot.

Pete
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 14:00
OK, Terri. My Koontz list. If there are any here that you haven't read yet, let me know and I'll box them up. I can't let you be Koontzless. :lol: :lol:

So you've not read The Watchers or Strangers then?

Strangers was good. One of his longer books, loads of characterisation.

cfpackerfan
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 14:09
Strangers is on my list up there. Love that one. Marian has read that one as well, and she really enjoyed it.

I've read Watchers too. But it must be one of the ones I've loaned out, or one that I got from the library. I've read many that I don't own.

Maxed Out
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 14:13
I love Koontz. He is my VERY favorite author. I love his literary style, and his topics are just creepy enough. ;)

I like Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt novels

and I'm starting to be a Harry Potter nerd again:rolleyes:

Maxed Out
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 14:14
and gmae....:)

Maxed Out
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 14:14
THHHHHHHRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Pete
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 14:15
Strangers is on my list up there. Love that one. Marian has read that one as well, and she really enjoyed it.

I've read Watchers too. But it must be one of the ones I've loaned out, or one that I got from the library. I've read many that I don't own.

Duh.... I stand corrected.

cfpackerfan
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 14:19
Has anyone heard from Athena lately? Is she back in Thailand already?

Athena
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 14:51
Sorry I've been out of touch guys - SO much going on. All good. :)
I am about to walk out the door to begin the long journey back to Asia. Just leaving a not squished post it on the clubhouse fridge. ;)

Guineh
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 14:54
Athena...not squished...

I shall keep a post-it note somewhere on my monitor to remind me of that.

Pete
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 14:58
Happy journey Athena...!!

Maxed Out
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 15:01
Bye Athena.....be sure to have a juicy cheesburger before you leave :p

Permagrin
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 15:03
Sorry I've been out of touch guys - SO much going on. All good. :)
I am about to walk out the door to begin the long journey back to Asia. Just leaving a not squished post it on the clubhouse fridge. ;)

Boy, your time in the states seemed to go by so fast. Safe travels!

BearLeeAlive
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 15:16
That's just nasty...
...I like it. ;)
I hope he doesn't get violated. :shock:
Why, watcha thinkin'?

:lol:
ROFLMAO
so easy to stir you two up.
A $hit disturber...
...I like it. ;)
Beatiful shot Cat.
Have you ever been on the Caribbean anywhere, lovely water colour there too, and warm. :)
OK, Terri. My Koontz list. If there are any here that you haven't read yet, let me know and I'll box them up. I can't let you be Koontzless. :lol:

:shock: Ok, was it just me, or did anyone else read that last word wrong. :lol:
I am about to walk out the door to begin the long journey back to Asia. Just leaving a not squished post it on the clubhouse fridge.
Happy travels Athena

short5
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 15:47

I knew I liked you

Oh, kinda like Zane's Gatorade cocktail.;)

Nah I remember most everything thing Gatorade just takes the edge off. Now the five hours of Fentanyl they had me on while they tried to figure out what was wrong after the accident is a bit foggy.

[RANT]Unfortunately, we get inudated with the sucky people and not the the good people through the media. Good rant, it is the whole dirty laundry sells thing.

I could not believe how big the first tube was that she stuck up my nose! Thank goodness that one wasn't left up there over night! :shock:

I think you missed my tube story (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=4114608&postcount=6828) on Friday Theague

misspix
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 15:48

From the Corner of His Eye
Fear Nothing
Eyes of Darkness
Lightning
The voice of the night
Hideaway
The Door to December
The House of thunder
Shadowfires
Winter Moon
Midnight
Shattered
Dragon Tears
Dark Rivers of the heart
The key to Midnight
PHantoms
The Funhouse
The Face
One door away from Heaven
Whispers
The Bad Place
Cold Fire
Strangers
Darkfall
The Face of Fear
The Mask
The servants of Twilight
Icebound
The Taking
By the light of the Moon
Strange Highways
Mr. Murder

Ya know, I'm not sure about a couple :confused: I have been reading him for so many years and I don't have every single book of his I have read :shock: Unlike Uncle Stevie (Stephen King for those who aren't familiar :)), I think I have aaaaallllllllllllll of his! But, I don't recollect anything about these two, so possibly not read: Icebound Strange Highways [quote=Athena;4128780]Sorry I've been out of touch guys - SO much going on. All good. :)
A very timely alert, Athena :D I was going to wait til this evening to stand on the porch and holler ;) Travel safe! Lonnie: Another of my favorite authors is John Sanford, his Prey series is wonderful!

misspix
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 15:50
I knew I liked you

Zane, I really think that you and I may have been separated at birth :) Actually, I think all of our happy, slightly warped group here must be related somehow :)

Pete
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 15:52
Does anyone remember an Author called Guy N Smith?

theague
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 15:55
I think you missed my tube story (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=4114608&postcount=6828) on Friday Theague

lol nice Zane... I for some reason was eating jello while I had the tubes in my nose. I apparently asked the nurse if it was gluten free. lol She and my wife had a good laugh about it... Also, I was told that she had me say a few words like methodist and something else... I don't remember.. :rolleyes: anyways, the point is, instead of trying to say them I asked her WHY!? She said that was a first. :)

A $hit disturber...
...I like it. ;)

:twisted:

SAFE TRAVELS ATHENA!!!

misspix
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 16:01
Does anyone remember an Author called Guy N Smith?

I don't, what is/was his genre?

thomascanty
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 16:01

Ewwww. I'll have to forgive you though. Mainly because I'm out of time and need some sleep. I was too busy crying my way through Ashley's thread again, and lost all track of the time...

I like Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt novels

Cussler's early books are great! The whole Dirk Pitt series is a favorite of mine. But, then he became an industry and a series of ghost writers came in. Dirk was written off and some clone replaced him. Clives books haven't been the same since.

THHHHHHHRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Don't you mean THHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIZZZZZZLLLLLLLEEEEEE? :lol:

theague
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 16:46
Time for a really UN-fun staff meeting...

Have a good day everyone!

BearLeeAlive
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 16:50
Some shots that finally got processed from the Bulls Space Adventure. ;)

J/K, but they are neat, I had not seen them yet.

LINK (http://www.texasjim.com/NASApix/NASA%20pix.htm)

theague
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 16:55
Awesome shots. I wonder what kind of camera those photos were shot with? Is there an "outer space" housing for any camera? lol would a camera work in vacuum?

cfpackerfan
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 16:57
Ya know, I'm not sure about a couple :confused: I have been reading him for so many years and I don't have every single book of his I have read :shock: Unlike Uncle Stevie (Stephen King for those who aren't familiar :)), I think I have aaaaallllllllllllll of his! But, I don't recollect anything about these two, so possibly not read: Icebound Strange Highways

Hmmm. Bummer that it's those two.

Strange Highways is good... it's a compilation of short stories, much like Stevie's "Nightmares and Dreamscapes".
Icebound is my least favorite of all his books. It just isn't very intriguing. It was originally "Prison of Ice" written under a Pen Name, and was re-released as Icebound under the Koontz name.

I was google searching for his pen name (Leigh Nichols)
and found THIS (http://www.koontzmania.com/pen.htm). :shock: I had NO idea!!

short5
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 17:00
Awesome shots. I wonder what kind of camera those photos were shot with? Is there an "outer space" housing for any camera? lol would a camera work in vacuum?
I saw a thread on here awhile back that they use Nikon's built to special specs. for their hand helds.

cfpackerfan
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 17:01
Neato Jim!

short5
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 17:07
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/10/15/oj.simpson/index.html

The Juice is going down:D

cylentka
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 17:10
I was too busy crying my way through Ashley's thread again, and lost all track of the time...

Aww, poor Lonnie. I just put a couple extra boxes of Kleenex on the shelf for ya.

I have not told Allie about Ashley yet. :confused: I will read the memorial thread to her when I can handle it.

short5
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 17:14
Aww, poor Lonnie. I just put a couple extra boxes of Kleenex on the shelf for ya.

Really sad:( Good to see you dropping in Wanda.

cylentka
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 17:19
Thanks, Zane. I'd like to be here more often, but there is just so little time these days. Like right now I gotta go do homework with the kid. Its amazing how much homework there is in first/second grade nowadays. Tons of math memorization and practice, spelling words to memorize, books to read, science handouts to complete. Its mind boggling. :shock:

Have a good night everyone!

Jamie Holladay
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 17:32
a flying g'MAE

timbernet
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 17:34
What just flew by? A bird? A plane? A g'MAE?

Becky N
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 17:50
Good rant, it is the whole dirty laundry sells thing.

Thank you for allowing me to step on the soapbox for a bit.:D

Some shots that finally got processed from the Bulls Space Adventure.

Whoa, very cool.

misspix
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 17:55
Hmmm. Bummer that it's those two.

Strange Highways is good... it's a compilation of short stories, much like Stevie's "Nightmares and Dreamscapes".
Icebound is my least favorite of all his books. It just isn't very intriguing. It was originally "Prison of Ice" written under a Pen Name, and was re-released as Icebound under the Koontz name.

I was google searching for his pen name (Leigh Nichols)
and found THIS (http://www.koontzmania.com/pen.htm). :shock: I had NO idea!!
Holy Canoli :shock: I had no idea either!
When I make my weekly pilgramage to the bookstore to hound the poor clerks about new arrivals, I shall peruse the Koontz titles and see if I can identify any that you have that I have not read :)
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/10/15/oj.simpson/index.html

The Juice is going down:D
HA! :D
a flying g'MAE
WATCH OUT FOR THAT TREE!!!!

Skrim17
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 17:57
Eli got his first library card today, he was *so* excited!

misspix
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 17:58
Some shots that finally got processed from the Bulls Space Adventure. ;)

Uber coolness :)
I must admit to a tummy flutter, though, when looking at those brave folk tethered with that flimsy looking thread :shock:

misspix
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 17:58
Yay! My kids all felt very grown up when receiving their library cards.

BearLeeAlive
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 18:06
Uber coolness :)
I must admit to a tummy flutter, though, when looking at those brave folk tethered with that flimsy looking thread :shock:
C'mon, 'tis fun to get your tummy fluttering, that adrenaline rushing, the thrill and excitement of the event.......:p

Becky N
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 18:10

Good for Eli, worlds upon worlds have opened up for him.:D

Terri, as frightened of hights as I am, space pictures never bother me, would love to go someday. Maybe its because I know it will never happen is why it doesn't bother me.:rolleyes:

3Turner
15th of October 2007 (Mon), 18:15
GMAE a todos aqui!

Lotsa to catch up on.

I remember my first library card....got it because it was required to get into the main library...never used it after the first day :rolleyes: