PDA

View Full Version : The 3rd official Random Discussion For TPBM Photo's and Photographers Thread (3)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 00:55
Oh... You?
:o:o:o

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 00:56
There be Lens Pirates here!....;)
OooooOOoOOoOh...I can't wait *rubs wings, er, claws, er, hands in glee*

short5
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:03
Who will be the first to get seasick?

If you keep me occupied diving or fishing I am good but if we are just bobbing along, up and down, up and down, up and down, barf.

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:05
If you keep me occupied diving or fishing I am good but if we are just bobbing along, up and down, up and down, up and down, barf.
*starts turning green*

short5
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:06
....up and down... up and down.... up and down...up and down

thomascanty
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:06
I have a few barf bags I can bring along for you two.

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:07
....up and down... up and down.... up and down...up and down
*dry heaves*

STOP IT!

puddlepirate44
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:11
Only got sea sick once. Puked all over my immediate superior. Not the best career move I ever made.

short5
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:12
side to side up and down side and up down and up side to side down and back..... I think I smell the powerful odor of other peoples vomit in here...back and forth...up and down.... side and up....

short5
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:13
Only got sea sick once. Puked all over my immediate superior. Not the best career move I ever made.

Yeah, no.

puddlepirate44
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:13
Ooo, throw in some diesel fumes and some cigar smoke.....

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:14
side to side up and down side and up down and up side to side down and back..... I think I smell the powerful odor of other peoples vomit in here...back and forth...up and down.... side and up....
*tosses cookies on Zanes feet*

short5
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:14
throw in some diesel fumes .....BARFFFFFFFFF that did it

short5
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:15
*tosses cookies on Zanes feet*

EW :neutral:

thomascanty
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:15

The only time I ever got seasick was one fishing trip my brother and I took to the Channel Islands. We went out there almost every weekend, but on one trip the boat was a catamaran. I don't know why that would make a difference, but I got sick as a dog on that trip.

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:17
EW :neutral:
tolya to stop rocking the boat

T.D.
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:17
BARFFFFFFFFF that did it

The diesel fumes get me every time as well. http://hoyboy.smugmug.com/photos/199059902-L.jpg

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:18
The diesel fumes get me every time as well. http://hoyboy.smugmug.com/photos/199059902-L.jpg
The trip to sea should be interesting.

short5
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:18
tolya to stop rocking the boat

My bad

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:20
My bad
Sorry about your shoes. *hoses off Zanes feet with fire hose :)*

thomascanty
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:26
The guy in the cowboy hat, playing guitar and singing, is my brother.

thomascanty
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:27
Cwap. That link isn't working now, is it? It worked a minute ago... :confused:

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:27
Here's another song for ya, Terri. (http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vbXlzcGFjZXR2LmNvbS9pbmRleC5jZm0/ZnVzZWFjdGlvbj12aWRzLmluZGl2aWR1YWwmdmlkZW9pZD0xNj A2MzcwNA==)
?
I'm not sure what to click on...took me to myspace?

short5
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:28
Sorry about your shoes. *hoses off Zanes feet with fire hose :)*

They were blue suede too:confused:

short5
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:30
Cwap. That link isn't working now, is it? It worked a minute ago... :confused:

Worked for me, cool.

thomascanty
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:30
?
I'm not sure what to click on...took me to myspace?

Yeah, he hosted it on MySpace for some reason. Looks like it will only play if you're logged in. I can't figure out how to get it off there... I'm working on it.

In the meantime, I deleted my post.

thomascanty
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:31
Worked for me, cool.

It did? Hmmm... Did you have to log in?

short5
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:31
Yeah, he hosted it on MySpace for some reason. Looks like it will only play if you're logged in. I can't figure out how to get it off there... I'm working on it.

In the meantime, I deleted my post.
I was not logged in and never have been

thomascanty
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:32
Try this, Terri. (http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vbXlzcGFjZXR2LmNvbS9pbmRleC5jZm0/ZnVzZWFjdGlvbj12aWRzLmluZGl2aWR1YWwmdmlkZW9pZD0xNj A2MzcwNA==) Does that one work?

Jeez... No, that's taking me to the login page, too. Aaargh!

Manually paste this address into your browser, and it should work.
http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vbXlzcGFjZXR2LmNvbS9pbmRleC5jZm0/ZnVzZWFjdGlvbj12aWRzLmluZGl2aWR1YWwmdmlkZW9pZD0xNj A2MzcwNA==

short5
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:32
yup, yeah, works

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:34
They were blue suede too:confused:
:oops::oops::oops:

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:35
Try this, Terri. (http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vbXlzcGFjZXR2LmNvbS9pbmRleC5jZm0/ZnVzZWFjdGlvbj12aWRzLmluZGl2aWR1YWwmdmlkZW9pZD0xNj A2MzcwNA==) Does that one work?

Jeez... No, that's taking me to the login page, too. Aaargh!

Manually paste this address into your browser, and it should work.
http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vbXlzcGFjZXR2LmNvbS9pbmRleC5jZm0/ZnVzZWFjdGlvbj12aWRzLmluZGl2aWR1YWwmdmlkZW9pZD0xNj A2MzcwNA==
:confused: No workee for me

thomascanty
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:36
yup, yeah, works

It isn't working for me. I don't get it. Every time I try, it takes me to a different page. It's like a random link or something. :confused: ???

short5
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:38
It isn't working for me. I don't get it. Every time I try, it takes me to a different page. It's like a random link or something. :confused: ???

I hate computers other than they link me to you guys and every bit of instant information I need:rolleyes:

thomascanty
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:38
Ok, I'll try one last time... LINKY (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=16063704)

thomascanty
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:39
I hate computers other than they link me to you guys and every bit of instant information I need:rolleyes:

They are frustrating sometimes, aren't they? And I have to deal with them every day at work...

I think that last link should finally work. (fingers crossed)

short5
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:39
They all worked

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:41
Ok, I'll try one last time... LINKY (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=16063704)
Ha! Worked :) Now which is your brother?

thomascanty
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:41
They all worked

That's just too weird. The first couple URLs I posted didn't work for me. They worked until I posted, but then they stopped working. That's strange!

thomascanty
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:42
Ha! Worked :) Now which is your brother?

Yay! He's the one in the cowboy hat with the funky beard, playing guitar and singing. He wrote that song.

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:43
Yay! He's the one in the cowboy hat with the funky beard, playing guitar and singing. He wrote that song.
Coolness :)
Catchy tune *tapping foot*

short5
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:43
Night guys, thanks for the tunes and conversation. *dons large white top hat and strolls out*

thomascanty
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:44
Coolness :)
Catchy tune *tapping foot*

His band is pretty good. They have quite a few toe-tappers.

I didn't realize how late it was getting. I need to get moving. It's almost time for me to go to work, and I have to stop by the gas station first. See you'se guys later.

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:48
Night guys, thanks for the tunes and conversation. *dons large white top hat and strolls out*
Night Zaney
His band is pretty good. They have quite a few toe-tappers.

I didn't realize how late it was getting. I need to get moving. It's almost time for me to go to work, and I have to stop by the gas station first. See you'se guys later.
Have a good one, Lonnie.

I'm out, too *unfurls wings and glides silently into the night*

3Turner
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 01:57
My my my, all of you have been a chatty bunch tonight. 5 Pages in 4 hours:shock: This is just gonna be a fly by post to catch up as I am really tired and had about 4 16oz glasses of whisky and coke:D I'm feelin' gooooooooooooood :lol:

Have to get up early to head out to Austin for a bike ride...well to cheer on a friend, I sure as heck ain't gonna ride 100 miles tomorrow.

I thought his name was Bobby in waterboy? lolKody, Roberto was the fathers name after the 3rd letter to Bobby's mom when he moved into the city....scene is late in the movie.

OK, here are the last of the Wool's Wedding shots:

1. Permie and I snuck off during the reception to relax in the hot tub...

http://PuddlePirate-Photography.smugmug.com/photos/210351128-L.jpg

2. The cake cutting. OK, this should have the title, "Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time...."

3. The came the garter toss with some disturbing results. I know we can't tell one Boring Boy from the other, but I think we can narrow it down with this evidence.

4. Then the bouquet toss, which also had a serious turn of events..... I liked the idea of doing a series in a row like this. I may do this more in the future.

5. Then, *sniff*, the Goodbye.

It was a blast, Wool. Thanks for inviting me to shoot the shindig!!
Funny shots...but that first one looks like Permie was gonna drown. When did she come up for air?? Or did she have a snorkle? Wait a minute...who took that shot Dan?

Anyway....good night...talk to you all tomorrow....errr later today.

thomascanty
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 03:13
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/photoshops.png

Pete
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 10:04
Hi guys. Sorry for not catching up properly. Had a particularly busy week, and not had much time for the net in the evenings.

Cutting recent news short, I've now sold my flat (completed last Friday), and good friends of ours have just moved house to about 200m away from us, so that's really great.

We're off on holiday tomorrow (so treat this as an official non-squish notice).

puddlepirate44
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 11:06
Funny shots...but that first one looks like Permie was gonna drown. When did she come up for air?? Or did she have a snorkle? Wait a minute...who took that shot Dan?

The water level was fine when she got into the tub. Then I got in after setting up the camera on the tripod. The water level sorta rose. :o

Hi guys. Sorry for not catching up properly. Had a particularly busy week, and not had much time for the net in the evenings.

Cutting recent news short, I've now sold my flat (completed last Friday), and good friends of ours have just moved house to about 200m away from us, so that's really great.

That's great news, Pete! Congrats on selling the flat... that's been a long time coming. And it's always nice to have friends near. Good stuff, indeed!

Skrim17
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 11:14
I just ordered new carpet!!

puddlepirate44
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 11:18
I just ordered new carpet!!

Nice!! For the whole house? Is it that fabulous deep purple shag you've always wanted?

Skrim17
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 11:21
living/dining, entry foyer and hallway between bath and bedroom.

Light hickory

Pete
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 11:22
Yep. Glad to get the old flat out of the way (no regrets on that one in the least). I got less for it than it was really worth, but I really didn't want to go through the expense of improving it.

puddlepirate44
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 11:25

Light hickory

Oh. That sounds nice, too. Too bad about the purple shag. I know you've had your heart set on it.

Yep. Glad to get the old flat out of the way (no regrets on that one in the least). I got less for it than it was really worth, but I really didn't want to go through the expense of improving it.

There's always that give and take. At least it's not eating away at your wallet anymore.

Pete
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 11:31

Light hickory

<*wondering if there's also colours called "Dickory" and "Dock"*>

Pete
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 11:33
Well, camera bag's packed.

5D, 24-70, 100-400, 100mm, 135mm, 5x4Gb cards, 2x batteries, Jobo GigaVue, and chargers.

Not allowed to bring my laptop with me, so no processing shots until I'm back.

puddlepirate44
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 11:35
Have a good time, Pete. And, as Sgt. Becky would say, "Be Safe!"

Pete
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 11:38
Just looking forward to getting away from it all. Just lately, I've been extremely busy with work, and not really used the camera for ages.

The weather right now is really nice. Crisp, cool, blue sky days, with the trees in russet and gold autumn colours. I'm looking forward to some nice shots.

puddlepirate44
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 11:41
Just looking forward to getting away from it all. Just lately, I've been extremely busy with work, and not really used the camera for ages.

The weather right now is really nice. Crisp, cool, blue sky days, with the trees in russet and gold autumn colours. I'm looking forward to some nice shots.

That's great Pete. I see photography as a therapeutic thing for me. I don't aspire to become "pro", whatever that means, but I do enjoy escaping after a rough week at work to go capture images. It's an outlet. Unfortunately, and I'm sure you can relate living in the UK, the rainy season for Oregon has started.... so it's time to break out the macro for the gloomy days, and the birding lens for when the rain stops for a few minutes....

Pete
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 11:45
Gloomy can be good in the right conditions, I'm sure.

Going to be tough getting back and having to look through for contributions to the book. In that respect, I'm super critical of my own work and think that most things suck in some way or another.

puddlepirate44
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 12:00
Gloomy can be good in the right conditions, I'm sure.

Going to be tough getting back and having to look through for contributions to the book. In that respect, I'm super critical of my own work and think that most things suck in some way or another.

I'm with you. Sometimes, OK, many times, I download the shots to the XHD and think, "Well, that was a fun day, not much to show for it...."

I think you've got some great shots to toss into the ring, Pete. Personally, and I mean this, you've really improved in your photography over the last year. Some of those macro shots, be they of Boris or flowers, were fantastic.

Reed Goodwin
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 12:13
What happened to the TPBM thread and SMGG thread?
Reed

Pete
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 12:14
Haha.. Thanks, Dan. Yeah, I've improved a huge mount this last year. For me at any rate, getting the 5D made a big difference. I'm not sure why that's the case, but it's given me better shots than I got with the 30D. It's probably a mental thing rather than anything technological.

Pete
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 12:17
What happened to the TPBM thread and SMGG thread?
Reed

Looks like TPBM got split into a new thread. The admin staff do this when a thread gets too long (something to do with helping the server databases work more efficiently).

eenorton
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 12:18
OK, here are the last of the Wool's Wedding shots:

1. Permie and I snuck off during the reception to relax in the hot tub...

2. The cake cutting. OK, this should have the title, "Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time...."

3. The came the garter toss with some disturbing results. I know we can't tell one Boring Boy from the other, but I think we can narrow it down with this evidence.

4. Then the bouquet toss, which also had a serious turn of events..... I liked the idea of doing a series in a row like this. I may do this more in the future.

5. Then, *sniff*, the Goodbye.

http://PuddlePirate-Photography.smugmug.com/photos/210353658-L.jpg

It was a blast, Wool. Thanks for inviting me to shoot the shindig!!

And thanks to Wool for allowing you to share these personal shots with us! :D

*GASP* 'Topic is Closed* What?! Are we starting over? Are we completely closed?!
GAAAAAAAAAAA!

Even though I know, now, that these huge threads are being limited in size... when I see that little lock my heart skips a beat and I think OMG!!! What the heck happened?

Zaney... between this and your cockroach post.... you're just... how do I say..... you're such a mean..... oh forget it. They're just freakin' hilarious posts! :D

Great news about the flat!! Nice to not have that hanging over your heads anymore. Have a great holiday and thanks for the non-squished notice!

neil_r
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 12:26
Flying visit from me, the combination of busy at work. great weather and a new bike is keeping me away. What is a "non-squish notice" ???

eenorton
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 12:27
Flying visit from me, the combination of busy at work. great weather and a new bike is keeping me away. What is a "non-squish notice" ???

Goes back to a time when Zane was mia and we later found out he'd been squished by a horse and laid up in the hospital for quite a while. Now, if someone's going to be away for awhile, they post a "non-squished" alert so we know they're ok. :D

puddlepirate44
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 12:29
Goes back to a time when Zane was mia ...

In my diseased brain, I read this as, "Goes back to a time when Zane was Mia..."

Wow. Looks like that "special" operation was a success.... :o

Pete
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 12:42
Wow... Just noticed that the tupperthread has got to #4!

Skrim17
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 12:49
Pete have I asked before if you are close to Kingston University? My nephew is in third year there having transfered in from another uni that he didn't much like. I'm a bad auntie for not remembering which one either!!

Pete
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 13:12
Kingston Uni is an hour away from me, Crissa. If you want him slapped upside the head, just let me know!! ;)

Skrim17
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 13:14
LOL!! Nice yo know you are there for emergencies Pete!

Skrim17
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 13:15
He's a music major, I'll find out if he's playing anywhere perhaps you can get a shot of him for me? I'm sure the music will curl your hair tho http://camou.net/udg/smilie/e021.gif

Pete
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 13:17
He's a music major, I'll find out if he's playing anywhere perhaps you can get a shot of him for me? I'm sure the music will curl your hair tho http://camou.net/udg/smilie/e021.gif

Let me know where and when, and I'll see what I can do for you, Crissa. I'd be glad to.

I'll wear earplugs... ;)

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 14:47
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/photoshops.png
ROFL!
<*wondering if there's also colours called "Dickory" and "Dock"*>
ROFL x2!
Well, camera bag's packed.

5D, 24-70, 100-400, 100mm, 135mm, 5x4Gb cards, 2x batteries, Jobo GigaVue, and chargers.

Not allowed to bring my laptop with me, so no processing shots until I'm back.
Have fun Pete, and congrats on the sale of your flat :D
In my diseased brain, I read this as, "Goes back to a time when Zane was Mia..."

Wow. Looks like that "special" operation was a success.... :o
hehehehehehehehehehehe....

Just a quick catch up, it was way to cold to shoot this morning. Got up early on a Saturday for nuttin' :evil:
I am hoping to get some good 'autumn' afternoon light. There is a very cool brick building downtown with those metal stair thingys on the outside that looks very dramatic at certain times of the day :)
Meanwhile, I am off to shop for food. The kids seem to think I must provide sustenance for them on a regular basis :confused:

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!

Skrim17
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 15:00
Do I still diffuse my flash when using it as fill for outdoor portraits?

Permagrin
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 15:02
Do I still diffuse my flash when using it as fill for outdoor portraits?

according to the WF, no. You're supposed to use it pointed straight at the subject, no diffuser.

Skrim17
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 15:06
Thanks Permi, did you do this when doing you trash the dress shoot?

Permagrin
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 15:08
Thanks Permi, did you do this when doing you trash the dress shoot?

yep, I found out about it just before that shoot. Chris shot with a diffuser and said he wished he hadn't. There were just a couple of times where the flash was too much and left harsh shadows but that was when we were in such a shaded area that it was like shooting inside.

Skrim17
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 15:12
thanks!!! I have one shoot in the morning and a second in the afternoon, I'll be checking my histogram to make sure all is well but I want them to come out as best as possible.

thomascanty
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 15:13
ROFL!

That is so Puddles, isn't it? :lol: :lol:

Permagrin
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 15:17
thanks!!! I have one shoot in the morning and a second in the afternoon, I'll be checking my histogram to make sure all is well but I want them to come out as best as possible.

oh well have fun :) I'm sure they'll turn out just fine!

thomascanty
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 15:50
I'm scanning through my massive collection of photos, looking for pictures of Ashley to use on her memorial web page. Odd thing is, it isn't making me sad. I've been going through my hiking galleries for the past hour, and have been smiling and laughing all the way through. There are so many great pictures I hadn't thought about in so long. I think I may have even decided on a new favorite.

Here she was, ready to head up to Tahquitz Peak, patiently waiting in her brand new booties and hat (and standing next to the equally brand new Ellen, who wasn't in this shot). What a cutie!
http://www.ldphotography.net/eeHikes/images/medium/20040930_02.jpg

T.D.
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 15:51
I'm scanning through my massive collection of photos, looking for pictures of Ashley to use on her memorial web page. Odd thing is, it isn't making me sad. I've been going through my hiking galleries for the past hour, and have been smiling and laughing all the way through. There are so many great pictures I hadn't thought about in so long. I think I may have even decided on a new favorite.

Here she was, ready to head up to Tahquitz Peak, patiently waiting in her brand new booties and hat (and standing next to the equally brand new Ellen, who wasn't in this shot). What a cutie!
http://www.ldphotography.net/eeHikes/images/medium/20040930_02.jpg

Very smart outfit on our little girl!

Love it, Lonnie!!

Maxed Out
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 16:18
gmae:).....

GO GATORS!!!!!

couldn't help it:confused:

Jamie Holladay
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 16:24
gmae:).....

GO GATORS!!!!!

couldn't help it:confused:
ROLL TIDE

Maxed Out
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 16:29
ROLL TIDE

did they win today?

Pete
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 16:44
Hmph...

Sigh....

T.D.
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 16:45
Hmph...

Sigh....

What's wrong, Pete? They still won't make you a mod? ;):p;):p

Pete
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 16:48
What's wrong, Pete? They still won't make you a mod? ;):p;):p

lol... I'll never make Mod.. I'll cause too many problems...

Nope, England lost in the Rugby world cup. South Africa won.

Jamie Holladay
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 16:53
did they win today?
yep

Pete
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 16:55
Super cool stop motion animation advert.

Sony Bravia Bunnies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBJM3S56IHs

thomascanty
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 16:59
lol... I'll never make Mod..

Why in the world would you want to be a Mod?!?

Ok... So, I'd be honored if I was offered the job. But it would take me about a half second to refuse. No... It would probably take at least a full second, because of the necessary profanity. :rolleyes:

Pete
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 17:01
I think the chances of being asked to be a mod is even more slim than having a complimentary title bestowed by the TF...!!

T.D.
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 17:08
I think the chances of being asked to be a mod is even more slim than having a complimentary title bestowed by the TF...!!

LOL! I've never understood your title until now. When you think of it in context of your infamously prolific use of the triangle button, it makes sense now!:lol:

Pete
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 17:11
LOL! I've never understood your title until now. When you think of it in context of your infamously prolific use of the triangle button, it makes sense now!:lol:

Yep. And the fact I was moving house at that point as well. So very apt at the time.

And yeah, I liberally report posts!! :D

I have about a 30% hit rate. Most of my reporting goes by ignored!!

cylentka
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 17:18
GMAE, all. Its a fairly nice day out and I was all set to go photograph colorful trees alongside the river while the kid took ballet. Turns out that today was parent visitation day, so I stayed inside and shot kids instead. :confused:

So I'll bore you with these, lol

First up, my KIF (kid in flight) shots need a lot of work.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/cylentka/IMG_4689.jpg

I caught the devious look
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/cylentka/IMG_4604.jpg

And I guess this is the ballet version of barrel racing. :rolleyes:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/cylentka/IMG_4593.jpg

T.D.
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 17:23
Yep. And the fact I was moving house at that point as well. So very apt at the time.

I have about a 30% hit rate. Most of my reporting goes by ignored!!

I forgot about the house moving.

And just for the record...just because they reach a different conclusion than you doesn't mean they are being ignored. ;)

Pete
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 17:35
Right.. Time to sign off for a week or so.

Let the chaos start!!!

Have fun guys. See you when I'm back.

Permagrin
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 17:42
just some more PIT shots I found whilst culling my gallery ;)

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=4160643&postcount=318

puddlepirate44
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 17:44
Cute shots, Wanda.

Now get that camera strap around your neck. :D;)

Guineh
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 18:10
Again... with the ketchin up... Aint gonna happen.

Oh, I'm still alive, folks. Don't you worry.

What a week. Kid sick, wife sick, me sick, wife in ER, fuhhh... will it please end?

Wife is OK, btw.. just has a bit of trouble with asthma.

cylentka
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 18:16
Cute shots, Wanda.

Now get that camera strap around your neck. :D;)

Thanks. And I almost never actually have the strap around my neck unless I'm leaning over water. I'll wrap it around my arm or sling it over my shoulder, but I just hate the way it feels around my neck. :confused: But hey, it makes me easier to spot in a group of parents, lol. :D

cylentka
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 18:17

LOL

although its not always wise to show me stuff like this. :rolleyes:

cylentka
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 18:25

What a week. Kid sick, wife sick, me sick, wife in ER, fuhhh... will it please end?

Gosh, sounds rough! :( I hope you all get well and stay well soon!

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 18:41

LOL! I love the PIT series almost as much as the TR series :)

Gah! I hope the family is on the mend, Mike!

Wanda :lol: Fun shots, I like the KIF even if it is a tad soft :)

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 18:43
I am defraging :confused: what a mess!

I am also baking (don't laugh!) a cake. For Cory, my youngest son and third of four.
He turned 18 today. :shock:

Skrim17
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 18:44
happy birthday Cory!! (how is his arm?)

crazy hair day last week.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/skrim/nextone/hIR.jpg

cylentka
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 18:45
Hey Terri! Tell Cory happy birfday for me. Some kids actually live to be 18, eh? Amazing! :lol:

I think I've baked one cake in my life. From a box, of course. And not counting those microwave chocolate cakes they used to have where you added a bit of water and presto you had a cake! And a little package of icing to go with it. I just LOVED those things!

cylentka
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 18:46
Hey Crissa! Cute hair, lol. It looks like Eli has grown into his new teeth already. Both of Allie's top front teeth are loose, but no luck getting them out yet. She's starting to look funny with tiny baby teeth now.

Skrim17
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 18:49
I thought he would have a permanent gap in front then I remembered that the teeth next to his front teeth haven't come in yet and that should smush them all together.

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 18:50
Thanks for the b-day wishes for Cory :) I will pass them on when he gets home. He decided his first decision as a legal adult was to go dirt bike riding. :shock:
It's funny, I am perfectly okay doing risky things myself. But when one of my kids wants to, I get all freaky.:rolleyes:

The cake is from a box. Is there any other kind? Other than the bakery kind, that is.

Cute hair Crissa :)

cylentka
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 18:50
Allie has a huge gap in front now, so I'm hoping her new teeth are nice and big. One of her bottom teeth came in sideways but I'm hoping it will straighten up as time goes on. Its a little less sideways now than it used to be.

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 18:52
Corys arm is healed. Until the next time anyway :rolleyes: :lol:

cylentka
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 18:54
Motherhood is calling. :rolleyes: Catch y'all tomorrow maybe. Have a fun night.

misspix
Hmmm. I think Frankie Lynn has been storing crap on my HD again. I am down to 27% available space :confused:
Time to clean house.

misspix
C'ya Wanda :)

Guineh
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 21:49
Just a tiny bit of cuteness to top off a really rough week..

(As I kick myself repeatedly about leaving the camera on ISO 1600 :()

Skrim17
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 22:00
He is *so* cute Mike!! Looks like he's getting pretty big as well.

eenorton
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 22:03
(As I kick myself repeatedly about leaving the camera on ISO 1600 :()

Nothin' a little Noiseware can't help!
http://images30.fotki.com/v485/photos/6/64353/1715345/IMG_8708a-vi.jpg

Sorry it's been such a tough week!

eenorton
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 22:07
Hi Crissa! :D

Skrim17
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 22:08
Hi Beth!!

short5
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 22:32
Just a quick catch up, it was way to cold to shoot this morning. You live in the artic :p? I hate ice cold mornings

What a cutie!
Awww diddums!! Great shot Lonnie. I have been shooting Jinx more lately.

:neutral: Hmmm, odd.

so I stayed inside and shot kids instead. :confused:

First up, my KIF (kid in flight) shots need a lot of work.
And I guess this is the ballet version of barrel racing. :lol: you are a funny Wanda, nice shots.

just some more PIT shots I found whilst culling my gallery
:lol: Those are hilarious!!

fuhhh... will it please end?

No, no it won't. I am glad to hear the little woman is okay.

I am also baking (don't laugh!) a cake. Ha ha ha ha ha ha:lol: oh sorry I just read the rest of the sentence, never mind.

Just a tiny bit of cuteness to top off a really rough week..

(As I kick myself repeatedly about leaving the camera on ISO 1600 :() GRRR I hate doing that. I hope next week goes more better for you last week sounds rough.

oh well done Beth what do you use?

Guineh
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 22:34

Sorry it's been such a tough week!

Hehe.. Neat Image works great, too... I just don't have it in my quickie workflow at the moment...

... This week was tough, but the coming days, we'll have to battle bed time again, it seems... :confused:

short5
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 22:36
Oh I see Noiseware is the name.

eenorton
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 22:39
oh well done Beth what do you use?

Thanks Zane! Just a NoiseWare plugin for PS.

Not sure what the high temp was today... something around 75... and I guess I'm gonna wake up to snow tomorrow. :confused:

eenorton
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 22:40
Oh I see Noiseware is the name.

Yuppers :lol:

Did you get some shots today?

eenorton
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 22:48
Crissa, did you take those kiddie portraits today?

short5
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 23:07
Did you get some shots today?
Yeah, but not many to be honest. I shot Leyla and a few friends but not much race stuff. I was not really in the mood for some reason. Beautiful day in Virginia today for the race. I went to a steeplechase race in case you missed it.

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 23:08
Ha ha ha ha ha ha:lol: oh sorry I just read the rest of the sentence, never mind.

Smarty pants :p
Yummy devils food cake with cream cheese frosting. And a dab of vanilla ice cream. mmmmmmmmmmm

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 23:08
Mike: Thank you for the Christopher cuteness :D

eenorton
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 23:09
Yeah, you had box seats or something, didn't you?

puddlepirate44
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 23:10
I did nothing all day. Not one thing.

It was great.

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 23:13
Hi Beth :D

I did nothing all day. Not one thing.

It was great.
:p

puddlepirate44
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 23:15
Yup. Doodled a bit on some strips, listened to music, whipped up some food for me and Lisa.

Nada. Zip.

short5
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 23:19
Yeah, you had box seats or something, didn't you?

Yeah, but I roamed a lot. I know a lot of people from shooting and riding in Maryland so I visited tailgates and took in the races. My friend already has his shots up HERE (http://www.kodakgallery.com/SlideshowEnd.jsp?&collid_list=203442373105.605608037505.119293639444 8:&img_size=5&trans_delay=3000&trans_enabled=true&conn_speed=1&mode=fromshare&collid=203442373105.605608037505.1192936394448&Upost_signin_override_collid=203442373105.60560803 7505&Upost_signin_override_collid=203442373105.60560803 7505) He shoots with a 20D and canon 28-300mmL. He also has a rebel with a Tammy for wider angle shots.

short5
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 23:22
Yup. Doodled a bit on some strips, listened to music, whipped up some food for me and Lisa.

Nada. Zip.
I sort of wish I had done nada tambien. I am feeling beat. We are riding early tomorrow and I have a lot of work to catch up on for meetings next week so I will get no down time this weekend.

puddlepirate44
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 23:24
I sort of wish I had done nada tambien. I am feeling beat. We are riding early tomorrow and I have a lot of work to catch up on for meetings next week so I will get no down time this weekend.

That sux. It's been like that for me for the last month, and it's not looking too good for next month either. This is probably the last slow weekend I'll have for quite some time.

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 23:28
I have had a nice day :D Spent part with Nikki, her hubby and Jaiydann. Spent part puttering around the house (I actually accomplished some stuff!) I am in the process of cleaning up my hard drive and doing laundry, blech.

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 23:29
Oh! And eating cake :) I have accomplished that, as well.

short5
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 23:35
I am in the process of cleaning up my hard drive and doing laundry, blech.
You have a PC by the rock, cool.

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 23:36
You have a PC by the rock, cool.
My neighbors think I'm uppity.

puddlepirate44
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 23:39
Well, you know what I have to say to neighbors like that, don't you?

"Bladdarsnatch!!"

Harsh, I know, but sometimes you must respond in that way to get your point across.

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 23:51
:) I like your style, Dan. I may just borrow that one.

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 23:51
Gotta reboot...brb

short5
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 23:54
Well, you know what I have to say to neighbors like that, don't you?

"Bladdarsnatch!!"

Harsh, I know, but sometimes you must respond in that way to get your point across.

Or you can have animal genitalia shipped to them from a biological supply company.

misspix
20th of October 2007 (Sat), 23:57
Or you can have animal genitalia shipped to them from a biological supply company.
Absolutely diabolical. I love it :)

short5
21st of October 2007 (Sun), 00:01
Thank you, I like to think out side the revenge box.

puddlepirate44
21st of October 2007 (Sun), 00:02
You have to be careful with words like that. Serious fightin' word. There have been other big fightin' words throughout history. For example:

Nooperkint: Clem Hatfield said this to Amos McCoy. We know what happened after that.

Slopperglenn: This one is reputed to be the word that started the Boxer Rebellion in the early 1900's.

Qik: Mongolian word that really cannot be translated properly into English. Tunkhar Khan said this to the Chinese Emperor and the next thing you know, they were building a big wall.

Glinderfrantz: This rough word was spoken to a young man in Sarajevo in 1914. The young man was Gavrilo Princip who then shot the speaker of the dreaded word, Archduke Ferdinand of Austria-Hungary. This started WWI.

Nankerpoopht. This is a tough one. Nankerpoopht is a terrible word to those living in Belgium. A huge insult. However, the word, "Nankerfoopht" is a delightful little cake served with a light cream frosting and a lemon twist. When in Belgium, be sure to pronounce it properly or it will get ugly fast.

short5
21st of October 2007 (Sun), 00:06
Nankerpoopht. This is a tough one.

Hmmm, must be where nincompoop comes from. You are a very learned person Puds.

Guineh
21st of October 2007 (Sun), 00:06
Puddle.. I suspect you may have read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series of books at some point. If you haven't... I suspect you'd like them.

Their humor is right on par with your wit :)