PDA

View Full Version : Red-Ringed Tupperware Party with (ineffective) Tin Foil Hats (3)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

asolie
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 01:59
I agree. I was really sorry to see Blonde taking a shot at Pekka. What complete, utter disrespect towards someone who has been so unselfish by providing us with this forum. It really galls me. I'm sure Blonde would argue that he was just being intellectually honest, but you just don't go into someone else's house and show him that sort of disrespect.

I am now going to kick the cat around the house for a while to blow off steam.

:shock: Careful, cats have claws...... and they will use them! I know this from experience a few days ago! ;):)

*cough cough*
Ok, so the fever disappeared yesterday after sleeping majority of the day. Now I'm apparently not just stuck with a stuffy nose, but also coughing. I've been coughing for the past 40mins and can't get back to sleep because of it. Grrr.

Hope you feel better soon. It hurts coughing too much. :(

puddlepirate44
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 02:00
:shock: Careful, cats have claws...... and they will use them! I know this from experience a few days ago! ;):)

Hope you feel better soon. It hurts coughing too much. :(

Hey, Alyssa, Have any new Shasta shots to share?

asolie
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 02:04
Hey, Alyssa, Have any new Shasta shots to share?

Not really. She scratched my shutter button finger yesterday (or the day before) (we were playing) and it's a little sore. Goodness that cat's vicious at times! ;)

I might have a couple of photos I just haven't posted yet. :)

Lightstream
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 02:11
Goodness that cat's vicious at times! ;)

Oh, you need not worry too much. 16 hours in a crock pot makes most meat very tender.

;)

Lightstream
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 02:17
WOOL!!

Petkal is paging you (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=381066).

-spam-
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 02:20
WOOL!!

Petkal is paging you (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=381066).

Pssst, Wool, Chief or anyone who is interested. There is a 200 f1.8L in teh marketplace....

Already tried. Looks like he has had his double thickness tin foil hat on today :lol:

Lightstream
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 02:21
Already tried. Looks like he has had his double thickness tin foil hat on today :lol:

Awww :(

Yaknow to be honest I am tempted too.... I can think of a million reasons why NOT, but the main one is I WANT TO :D

JSolie
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 02:21
Oh, you need not worry too much. 16 hours in a crock pot makes most meat very tender.

;)

Provided all the moisture doesn't escape and the meat dry out...

But hey, if you can manage to wedge that cat into a crock pot, well, it's your hide that she will flay from your bones...:eek: :rolleyes: ;)

-spam-
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 02:22
Awww :(

Yaknow to be honest I am tempted too.... I can think of a million reasons why NOT, but the main one is I WANT TO :D

Thats normally enough of a reason for me to get something. Go on, do it ;):lol:

-spam-
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 02:24
Oh my, i dont know how he did it but read this...

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3976410&postcount=5489

It was a bug in the viewfinder if you are interested. He refused to listen to any of us giving him help last night.

*sigh*

oh well :confused:

asolie
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 02:41

;)

Provided all the moisture doesn't escape and the meat dry out...

But hey, if you can manage to wedge that cat into a crock pot, well, it's your hide that she will flay from your bones... :rolleyes: ;)

:lol::p;) I can see her doing that.......

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r233/asolie/Cat/Shasta5-1.jpg

Anyhow, good night everyone. :)

Mark0159
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 02:45
hey guys, how's it going?

got out with another potner today, managed to get this one shot :)

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3976152&postcount=697

Woolburr
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 02:51
WOOL!!

Easy boys...I sent Peter a PM seeking details. He is busy getting his beauty rest.;)

Lightstream
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 02:53
WHOA!!!!!!!

Wool is making the first move! GO WOOL!!

Woolburr
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 02:54
Nice shot Mark. What lens?

Mark0159
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 02:55
Nice shot Mark. What lens?

that was with the 100 macro.

so what first move are you making?

Woolburr
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 02:55
WHOA!!!!!!!

Wool is making the first move! GO WOOL!!

Can't do anything until Monday...stupid bank is closed tomorrow...which may be a good thing...;)

-spam-
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 03:00
Easy boys...I sent Peter a PM seeking details. He is busy getting his beauty rest.;)

The first move. On ya wool ;)

Woolburr
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 03:01
http://www.pbase.com/woolburr/image/85942270.jpg

I wonder if the 200 has better bokeh?

Mark0159
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 03:13
http://www.pbase.com/woolburr/image/85942270.jpg

I wonder if the 200 has better bokeh?

did you apply some blur to that photo? I think it would look better if you didn't.

Woolburr
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 03:21
No blur to the photo. Just a very agressive crop in some harsh light.

Mark0159
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 03:26
No blur to the photo. Just a very agressive crop in some harsh light.

eeek, oh well. it's not my style. personally I would like it sharper

DDA
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 03:34
A kvick mooooorning to all of you!

Mark0159
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 03:37
greetings from the land of the white long cloud.

aka New Zealand

Woolburr
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 03:43
eeek, oh well. it's not my style. personally I would like it sharper

Ah...a pixel peeper vs. an artistic viewer...

Mark0159
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 03:57
Ah...a pixel peeper vs. an artistic viewer...

um not really. I am far from a pixel peeper. There isn't a great deal of photos that I like that look with. that includes portraits. I just find it hard to focus on things on the photo.

-spam-
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 04:09
A kvick mooooorning to all of you!

Moooooo DDA.

I just tried "hacking" a usb memory stick so it would fit into the usb ports on my laptop. It didnt end well. Time for a new laptop me thinks...

Anyways, flahrs from this afternoon.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1109/1416527014_ac853eba76_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/-spam-/1416527014/)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1260/1415648897_5af48dd46d_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/-spam-/1415648897/)

Claire
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 04:36
Yaaay, I'm feeling better! And I'm bloody sick of being at home now. My friend just called to say she wants me to shoot portraits of her as she just had her hair and makeup done. She was a hair model apparently and now feels very trendy, so would like some shots of her all made up. Of course I said I'll do it. :) Now I just need to force myself into the shower.

Woolburr
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 04:41
We could come visit with a glass of ice water...that is a great motivator.

-spam-
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 05:42
wow, its gone all quiet not only in here but the whole forum by the looks of it :confused:

wakko
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 07:13
wah so quiet... :| pretty shots everyone...

well what a great wind up to a sh** week :)

T.D.
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 07:31
Good MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOrning!

For beginners, like me, who want to know more about flash and high speed sync, check out this post (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3976888&postcount=9) by SkipD. Very informative for me.

wakko
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 07:36
hey morning T.D.

mmm ta for that post.

Moooooooooooooo

T.D.
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 07:37
hey morning T.D.

mmm ta for that post.

Moooooooooooooo

Hey Feng!

Have we learned our lesson about dredging up the undead threads?:rolleyes:;)

wakko
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 07:39
Hey Feng!

Have we learned our lesson about dredging up the undead threads?:rolleyes:;)

:o:o

T.D.
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 07:40
Well, it looks like the beast has slept for a little bit. Perhaps it will be gone for awhile now. You got lucky - this time.

timbernet
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 07:57
Mooorning!

Claire
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 08:05
*cough cough* *stuffy nose* *nose spray*

Ok, I'm back to being addicted to nose spray. Sigh.

Claire
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 08:42
I seriously think I'm a thread killer. This thread always stop moving when I've posted. :confused:

DDA
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 09:02
That's because you're sick! We don't want to catch your flu ;-)

timbernet
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 09:42
You aren't a thread killer... TD went off to work. I went off to school. Lisa hasn't woken up yet :-D It will get busy again... ... as soon as you fall asleep...

Claire
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 09:52
That's because you're sick! We don't want to catch your flu ;-)

I didn't know the flu is contagious over the internet! LOL

You aren't a thread killer... TD went off to work. I went off to school. Lisa hasn't woken up yet :-D It will get busy again... ... as soon as you fall asleep...

Yeah, as always... :p I should try staying up late instead, eh? I shot a few portraits of my friend. She looks great with her new hair! Just finished the PPing. 20 shots of her. She's thrilled and said she's more than happy if I want to post them online and in my portfolio.

Claire
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 09:54
Ok, here are two of my favourites from our quick shoot.

timbernet
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 09:58
Very nice!

Claire
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 10:08
Trust me, she looks gorgeous in real life with the new haircut and colour. She was always pretty, but it's amazing what a makeover can do. Seriously. When I saw her it was a totally different person and I just went "WOW!". When I showed the photos to two other friends that was the same reaction. The girl went "Oh gosh, she needs to go out partying tonight!" and the guy was in shock. He found her stunning and kept looking at old photos and the new ones.

This just proves my old thesis that with the right makeup, hair, clothes, light and photographer, ANYONE can be a model. Period.

DDA
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 10:08
Very nice! The eyes just jump at you on the first one ;-)

Woolburr
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 10:19
I seriously think I'm a thread killer. This thread always stop moving when I've posted. :confused:

Quick...go post on the Abandon Hope thread!!! Maybe we can finally nail the coffin shut.

Claire
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 10:21
Quick...go post on the Abandon Hope thread!!! Maybe we can finally nail the coffin shut.

That thread isn't dead yet???

Woolburr
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 10:21

It shouldn't be contagious if people take simple precautions...wash your hands and disinfect your keyboards twice a day. I give mine an extra shot of Lysol every time you cough.;)

Woolburr
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 10:25
That thread isn't dead yet???

Seems a couple of our misguided youth thought it would be funny to post there...:evil::evil::evil:

timbernet
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 10:27
Seems a couple of our misguided youth thought it would be funny to post there...:evil::evil::evil:
Hehe - I have yet to post there :-D

Woolburr
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 10:27
Your friend doesn't look like she needed a whole lot of makeover. I suspect she gets plenty of attention without a lot of warpaint. Your photos are very good.

Woolburr
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 10:28
Hehe - I have yet to post there :-D

Feng, Spammy and 24/8 should learn from you!!!:evil:

Belmondo
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 10:31
Moooooo, y'all.

I'm quieter and more settled this morning. Wife tells me we're cleaning the garage. At least I won't have to think about MK III AF issues.

I also have to wait around the house for FedEx. They tried to deliver my 4 gigs of RAM for the Mac yesterday, but nobody was here to sign.

Woolburr
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 10:33
Mooooooooooooorning Chief...

I thought you had that garage project all wrapped up...guess not...:(
Perhaps the arrival of some fresh RAM will be a cheery subject!

Belmondo
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 10:36
Mooooooooooooorning Chief...

I thought you had that garage project all wrapped up...guess not...:(
Perhaps the arrival of some fresh RAM will be a cheery subject!We moved all that stuff out from New York. We were eventually able to work the pile down enough to get a car in the garage, but now it's time to really do it right. Also, we have a friend who's having a garage sale, and she's going to get rid of whatever we bring her. We're on our 4th pickup load so far, and there's a lot more.

Claire
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 10:48
Wool,
She usually has her hair up in a ponytail or similar and absolutely no makeup apart from the occasional mascara. I've promised her to teach her how to put makeup on.

puddlepirate44
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 11:03
:lol::p;) I can see her doing that.......

Anyhow, good night everyone. :)

Awww, look at the cute kitteh. Thanks for giving us a new shot of Shasta!

This just proves my old thesis that with the right makeup, hair, clothes, light and photographer, ANYONE can be a model. Period.

Even ME?!?!?!?

Moooooo, y'all.

I'm quieter and more settled this morning. Wife tells me we're cleaning the garage. At least I won't have to think about MK III AF issues.

I also have to wait around the house for FedEx. They tried to deliver my 4 gigs of RAM for the Mac yesterday, but nobody was here to sign.

Glad you've calmed a bit, Chief. You were making me nervous. :shock:

Hey, I want 4 gigs of RAM!! I've got, what, 1? Wow, I wonder what 4 would do to this machine..... Hmmmm....

aussieskier
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 11:13
MOOOO!!!

I hate when I make stupid mistakes on Math test because I didn't read a problem slowly enough! I guess I can't complain I got a 97% (and a lot of kids in that class would be angry at my complaints with myself) but Gosh! Stupid me it was such a simple mistake. Oh well, I won't make that one again I am sure. I had a teacher in Highschool tell me once that people like me don't repeat such mistakes after they are docked points for it.

Chief: Good to see things have calmed down a bit. MMM 4 gigs... creamy :)

Woolburr
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 11:14
Having 4 gigs of RAM is sweet...that is the one saving grace for Vista...I can actually stuff this hog with some RAM and when it comes time to crunch some serious images...it doesn't slow down a whole lot...now just need to understand this whole scratch disk concept...might even speed things up more.

Lightstream
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 11:15
4 gigs.. PS, Lightroom, Aperture or whatevertheheckyouuse would absolutely *FLY* in terms of performance.

My Mac Mini shipped with 1GB of RAM and that store didn't have the tools to do the upgrade so I spent a day with 1GB. Which is fine for everything except opening up 128MB PSD files with 3 layers of composited images. 128 doesn't sound like much until you realize it expands to around EIGHT TIMES that when you open the file. ;)

Once I put the additional gig in, everything was fine (2GB). 4GB would be awesome.

The secret to getting value for money out of your computer is NOT to buy the fastest processor available. Spend the extra change on the RAM. This rule has remained true ever since I got behind a keyboard more than 15 years ago.

Lightstream
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 11:18
Having 4 gigs of RAM is sweet...that is the one saving grace for Vista...I can actually stuff this hog with some RAM and when it comes time to crunch some serious images...it doesn't slow down a whole lot...now just need to understand this whole scratch disk concept...might even speed things up more.

The whole idea behind a scratch disk is to never use it ;)

No kidding, because PS starts hitting the disk (which is orders of magnitude slower than RAM) when it runs out of real RAM. If you have gigantic amounts of RAM, PS keeps its utilization of the scratch disk to a minimum. It will still use a little bit of it for housekeeping and other odds and ends, but as I said, minimize use of it, therefore speeding up performance because everything is in real RAM.

aussieskier
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 11:24
4 gigs.. PS, Lightroom, Aperture or whatevertheheckyouuse would absolutely *FLY* in terms of performance.

My Mac Mini shipped with 1GB of RAM and that store didn't have the tools to do the upgrade so I spent a day with 1GB. Which is fine for everything except opening up 128MB PSD files with 3 layers of composited images. 128 doesn't sound like much until you realize it expands to around EIGHT TIMES that when you open the file. ;)

Once I put the additional gig in, everything was fine (2GB). 4GB would be awesome.

The secret to getting value for money out of your computer is NOT to buy the fastest processor available. Spend the extra change on the RAM. This rule has remained true ever since I got behind a keyboard more than 15 years ago.
The exception to this are processor intensive applications, encoding video, compiling your own *nix distribution etc.

But for all things photo related, you cannot beat the RAM purchases

timbernet
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 11:40
Wool,
She usually has her hair up in a ponytail or similar and absolutely no makeup apart from the occasional mascara. I've promised her to teach her how to put makeup on.

Nothing wrong with ponytails and no makeup...

MOOOO!!!

I hate when I make stupid mistakes on Math test because I didn't read a problem slowly enough! I guess I can't complain I got a 97% (and a lot of kids in that class would be angry at my complaints with myself) but Gosh! Stupid me it was such a simple mistake. Oh well, I won't make that one again I am sure. I had a teacher in Highschool tell me once that people like me don't repeat such mistakes after they are docked points for it.

Chief: Good to see things have calmed down a bit. MMM 4 gigs... creamy :)

pfft - 97%! That is darn good... On my way home from an economics test I thought "Oh shoot, I selected the wrong option...." and I did --- I only had 80% on that test. But you know what? If I get a "B" in Macroeconomics, I will be very pleased.

Woolburr
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 11:44

There may be hope for you yet!;)

aussieskier
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 12:09

pfft - 97%! That is darn good... On my way home from an economics test I thought "Oh shoot, I selected the wrong option...." and I did --- I only had 80% on that test. But you know what? If I get a "B" in Macroeconomics, I will be very pleased.

I agree with your first comment, Bailey almost never wears the stuff and that doesn't bother me either way. I agree with her, it is kinda a waste of time ha.

i know I am splitting hairs..

DUDE: if you are have problems with macroecon... talk to me ... I did well in that class in high school and macro econ is macro econ :) I owe you anyways, I never seem to be able to help you as often as you help me.

JSolie
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 12:12

How do you think that computers catch a virus? :rolleyes:

Awww, look at the cute kitteh. Thanks for giving us a new shot of Shasta!

She goes in to the vet on Monday for her surgery. We (and me in particular) don't want to hear and deal with a female cat in heat. And with the tom cats trying to dig their way through the walls of the house... *ugh*

I'm looking forward to the photos with the cat and a "lick collar"... :lol:

timbernet
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 12:13
I agree with your first comment, Bailey almost never wears the stuff and that doesn't bother me either way. I agree with her, it is kinda a waste of time ha.

i know I am splitting hairs..

DUDE: if you are have problems with macroecon... talk to me ... I did well in that class in high school and macro econ is macro econ :) I owe you anyways, I never seem to be able to help you as often as you help me.

Thanks... we might talk...

Ticked me off - I spent three hours working on this one group of problems. EVERYTHING he told us in class didn't align with what the book talked about. So I finally figured it out with the book --- get to class, everyone is saying how they couldn't figure it out and I told them that the book mentioned how to do it.

And then the teacher comes in and says that he dropped the homework assignment because he read it over after he assigned it and found that the book teaches and uses an outdated method... WELL GEE THANKS! Way to go - assigning us homework without evening reading the book :-D

timbernet
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 12:14
How do you think that computers catch a virus? :rolleyes:

She goes in to the vet on Monday for her surgery. We (and me in particular) don't want to hear and deal with a female cat in heat. And with the tom cats trying to dig their way through the walls of the house... *ugh*

I'm looking forward to the photos with the cat and a "lick collar"... :lol:

Cats in heat -- GAH - I can't stand them! But they are cute... for the first 10 minutes...

timbernet
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 12:15
RILEY: There are pirates at the park under the St. Johns bridge... :-D Might be a fun photo op for you....

I am off to take some more rose photos... I have 90 minutes of free time....

aussieskier
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 12:17
Gah, there is this arrogant guy sitting near me... I mean like WF arrogance, coming from everypore. He has a new HP laptop with the HD DVD drive etc offering to help one of his friends computers. I hate to judge people, but this guy just rubs me the wrong way. I mean he has a wireless mouse and a mousepad for his Laptop! I mean I have a mouse in my bag as well... but for god sakes a mousepad?!

He talks like a computer support person in a similar tone... GAH I want to run away.

aussieskier
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 12:19
RILEY: There are pirates at the park under the St. Johns bridge... :-D Might be a fun photo op for you....

I am off to take some more rose photos... I have 90 minutes of free time....
What? Oh well I have to head to ProPhoto to be there in time for you to go to you little thing.. I might have to visit the pirates later...

puddlepirate44
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 12:25
Gah, there is this arrogant guy sitting near me... I mean like WF arrogance, coming from everypore. He has a new HP laptop with the HD DVD drive etc offering to help one of his friends computers. I hate to judge people, but this guy just rubs me the wrong way. I mean he has a wireless mouse and a mousepad for his Laptop! I mean I have a mouse in my bag as well... but for god sakes a mousepad?!

He talks like a computer support person in a similar tone... GAH I want to run away.

Got any coffee to spill in his direction?

aussieskier
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 12:27
Got any coffee to spill in his direction?

Ha, no, I am not that much of an @ss. I prefer to think about doing such things, not act on those thoughts :lol:. I have some restraint... sometimes :).

Permagrin
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 12:29
Moooorning :)

I can see her doing that.......

Anyhow, good night everyone.

awww cute kitty :)

Can't do anything until Monday...stupid bank is closed tomorrow...which may be a good thing...

Did you buy it? Did he explain why he bought another one when he had this one?

Good MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOrning!

For beginners, like me, who want to know more about flash and high speed sync, check out this post (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3976888&postcount=9) by SkipD. Very informative for me.

okee doke

very nice Claire. And she's lovely.

oi...that thread :rolleyes::rolleyes: I can't BE-LIEVE it's still going on...

aussieskier
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 12:29
Well, I am off to find something to do so I can get away from this guy. Cheerio folks.

timbernet
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 13:10
Well, I am off to find something to do so I can get away from this guy. Cheerio folks.

Is that smoke I see off to the north? :-D

Permagrin
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 13:53
CHIEF!! JON!! TOMMY!! CDS!! MO!! TURNER IS *SHUDDER* MAKING PERSONAL ATTACKS!!:lol:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3979184&postcount=276

AND THREATENING ME
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3979201&postcount=278

Permagrin
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 13:59
I'm afraid, at the threat of spiders being sent to me, *sniiiiiiifff* I am forced to log off potn.

g'dbye friends :cry:

3Turner
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 14:03
CHIEF!! JON!! TOMMY!! CDS!! MO!! TURNER IS *SHUDDER* MAKING PERSONAL ATTACKS!!:lol:

AND THREATENING ME
Tattle tale....:p

Your no fun.....and I was gonna get the one that was hovering over your desk watching you and get rid of it, but now I don't know. :cry:

timbernet
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 14:21
Sheesh Permie - for a second there I thought someone was really being a meany head - I see nothing wrong here :-D

JSolie
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 14:30
Hey Permie, if you haven't logged off yet ( ;) ), I just noticed your new avatar... it's great!

tommykjensen

AND THREATENING ME

After being away for 3,5 weeks I have a little trouble locating the ban button.....

timbernet
John: You JUST noticed that?

timbernet
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 14:34
What do you all think of this? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820208298

The reviews look nice - some MarkIII and 5D shooters commenting about it...

JSolie
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 14:36
John: You JUST noticed that?

Uhh...yeah! :p

3Turner
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 14:53
After being away for 3,5 weeks I have a little trouble locating the ban button.....
:lol: *whew* Moving the button worked ;)

tommykjensen
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 14:58
Damn. Nobody told me that. Now how am I supposed to squash the spammers ??

3Turner
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 15:03
Damn. Nobody told me that. Now how am I supposed to squash the spammers ??
With the new and improved "Spamminator" button.

Although I've heard -spam- is scared of that one.

tommykjensen
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 15:05
And with good reason with that name :lol:

Woolburr
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 15:52
Ha, no, I am not that much of an @ss. I prefer to think about doing such things, not act on those thoughts :lol:. I have some restraint... sometimes :).

Hang around with us a bit longer...we will teach you how to act on those thoughts! :lol::lol::lol:

Woolburr
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 15:56
Did you buy it? Did he explain why he bought another one when he had this one?

Chatted with Peter this morning...he found another one in mint condition...the one he has shows a couple of signs of wear, but optically is perfect. He is going to sell the lesser of the two...be it for optics or cosmetics...I am not first in line.:(

Claire
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 16:55
I think going out for dinner was good. We were 7 people having dinner and my friend was in a good mood, so kept talking and cracking jokes like crazy. Omg, I don't think I've laughed that much and hard for ages! I was actually crying while laughing at some points. :D

And now we have made another guy promise to go out and show us how he picks up girls. That'll be interesting. He has invited us over for dinner tomorrow, and then we're going out to watch him in action. LMAO

Permagrin
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 17:17

It's RIGHT THERE!! LOOK!!! ----> BAN 3TURNER BUTTON (just follow the same instructions you'd normal use to ban someone and then when you're completely done with that, push this button :lol:

Chatted with Peter this morning...he found another one in mint condition...the one he has shows a couple of signs of wear, but optically is perfect. He is going to sell the lesser of the two...be it for optics or cosmetics...I am not first in line.:(

so does this mean no M3 then?

Permagrin
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 18:03
Puddle solved my problem :lol::lol::lol:

http://LC-images.smugmug.com/photos/198595879-L.jpg

Zilly
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 18:04
permie u have been bpam'd :P

wakko
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 18:07

youth? must've been Spammy or 24/8 :o

Feng, Spammy and 24/8 should learn from you!!!:evil:

this should read: "Spammy and 24/8 should learn from you!!!:evil:"

Puddle solved my problem :lol:

http://LC-images.smugmug.com/photos/198595879-L.jpg

Heh! that's excellent

-spam-
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 18:29
With the new and improved "Spamminator" button.

Although I've heard -spam- is scared of that one.

eeep!

*runs and hides under the desk*

Belmondo
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 18:38

AND THREATENING ME

If he hasn't said anything bad about the MK III, I'm not interested.

Permagrin
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 18:41

wait....something is SO WRONG with this ^^^ statement

Lightstream
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 18:47

*whispers* I hear the Mk3 sucks ;)

puddlepirate44
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 18:50

B'bye, Yoda. Nice knowin' ya.

Belmondo
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 18:50
You could be right, Yoda. Why don't you start a thread?:p I don't have nearly enough to do.

Actually, I'm cooking spaghetti right now.

Lightstream
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 18:51
B'bye, Yoda. Nice knowin' ya.

You too ;)

*waits for the Mk3 Faithful to drag him to the pyre to burn at the stake*

wakko
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 18:51

:D:D:D

LOL!

Lightstream
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 18:53
You could be right, Yoda. Why don't you start a thread?:p I don't have nearly enough to do.

Actually, I'm cooking spaghetti right now.

OK!!

Watch for my post in the camera forum

"The 1DMk3 sucks BECAUSE IT ISN'T WHITE IN COLOR THEREFORE NOT AN L"

http://pix.lightrefineries.org/img/crackup.gif

mmmmm spaghetti...

puddlepirate44
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 18:54
You too ;)

*waits for the Mk3 Faithful to drag him to the pyre to burn at the stake*

http://PuddlePirate-Photography.smugmug.com/photos/179527623-L.gif
;)

Maureen Souza
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 18:54
You are afraid of spiders, Lisa........and you post here regularly? Hmmmmmm... I should think this place is scarier than a little old spider ;)

Well, my floors are now mopped and I am about to head over to my sister's (w/Skip) for BBQ salmon and a bottle of my favorite wine;)

I love Friday nights.

Lightstream
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 18:55
http://PuddlePirate-Photography.smugmug.com/photos/179527623-L.gif
;)

NICE!! I like!!

Lightstream
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 18:58
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3980316#post3980316

What a cool idea....

The EF, LF, and WF would all fall silent for the entire 24 hours that this is enforced...

Lightstream
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:10
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

When real life destines collide, it can be so much funnier than anything contrived!!

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22439156-5012895,00.html?from=mostpop
http://pix.lightrefineries.org/img/crackup.gifhttp://pix.lightrefineries.org/img/crackup.gifhttp://pix.lightrefineries.org/img/crackup.gifhttp://pix.lightrefineries.org/img/crackup.gif

puddlepirate44
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:13
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

When real life destines collide, it can be so much funnier than anything contrived!!

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22439156-5012895,00.html?from=mostpop
http://pix.lightrefineries.org/img/crackup.gifhttp://pix.lightrefineries.org/img/crackup.gifhttp://pix.lightrefineries.org/img/crackup.gifhttp://pix.lightrefineries.org/img/crackup.gif

Oh, that's pathetic.

Lightstream
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:14
I would have loved to be the photog or better still, the videographer when the two of them showed up and ran smack bang into each other. Bring on the XL-H1 in full 1080 high definition: this is too good for standard definition!

-spam-
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:18
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

hahahaha

Good to know that people really can be pretty stupid. That made my morning :lol:

Jamie Holladay
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:19
Just popping in and out to say MOOOOOO

puddlepirate44
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:19
TR for tonight:

Adventures with Jim: Those Poor Hostages
http://tuppervilleranch.com/comics/TRPoorHostagesT.jpg

Lightstream
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:22
ROTFL!!!! Nice portraits puddle!!

Maureen Souza
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:23
TR for tonight:

Funny....those pictures don't look anything like Tom and I ;)

-spam-
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:24
TR for tonight:

haha

great TR puddle :lol:

Permagrin
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:25

:lol: I wondered if you would be one of the ones stuck there!!

wakko
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:28
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

OMG... that's classic.... shame on them :D

TR for tonight:

lol... i SO imagined Chief saying "what's going on eh?" like in the End of the World swf file :D

Permagrin
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:29
the Chief would be a prisoner in a whining M3 hell rather than the WF!

puddlepirate44
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:33
lol... i SO imagined Chief saying "what's going on eh?" like in the End of the World swf file :D

Aw, man! I wish I had thought of that. :D

Lightstream
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:37
the Chief would be a prisoner in a whining M3 hell rather than the WF!

Oh, you mean the equipment forums ;)

Permagrin
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:38
Oh, you mean the equipment forums ;)

right! I KNEW there was a name for it other than frozen hell! (I just forgot!) :lol:

puddlepirate44
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:39

Can't be the Chief, I need him to be the "Father Figure" to the rest of us. As for you, well, you come in later.... ;)

Lightstream
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:40
oooo, 300 f/4L in my neighborhood. :D

Permagrin
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:41
oooo, 300 f/4L in my neighborhood. :D

IS or non?

Lightstream
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:41
ISL, sharp as heck, mint condition and I know the owner, we have talked on many occasions on many other things :)

T.D.
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:42
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Plastic Dish People!!!

It's FRIDAY!!!!

-spam-
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:42
ISL, sharp as heck, mint condition and I know the owner, we have talked on many occasions on many other things :)

Like ive said before, you know you want one ;)

-spam-
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:43

Mooooooo
It's FRIDAY!!!!

No its not, its saturday silly :p

Lightstream
KVACK TD!!! Happy TGIF!!

Spam: but I have a beautiful 1-4.. :)

wakko
Aw, man! I wish I had thought of that. :D

heh :)

It's FRIDAY!!!!

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it's Saturday! :D

Like ive said before, you know you want one ;)

hey subliminal boy :)

Permagrin
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:44

well you already know it's a great lens...is it a good price?

hola DT!

T.D.
Mooooooo

No its not, its saturday silly :p

heh :)

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it's Saturday! :D

hey subliminal boy :)

You two are so confused!

Lightstream

Not toooooo bad I suppose. It seems fair but I can't help but think I got my first copy for $200 less ;)

T.D.
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:45

hola DT!

Hey Pemie!

timbernet
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:49
Mooo everyone!

Love the TR - those poor hostages :-D

Riley and I survived th trip to ProPhoto -- I bought some Gaffers Tape, Ilford ISO50 BW film, and some more 4x6 Ilford Paper for my printer :-D

I would have LOVED to buy this one Gitzo tripod --- so light.... so strong... awwww.... so much money :shock:

timbernet
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:51
I wanted to drag my 40D in there and go "Do you have the 40D? No? Well guess what? I DO!!!!!" Sorry - they are a very pro-Nikon shop there and I get meany head syndrome every-so-often.

I did see Dan's tulip photo on the wall :-D

-spam-
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:51
Spam: but I have a beautiful 1-4.. :)

But its a loooooovely prime. Besides, you still want one...:p

Lightstream
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:54
But its a loooooovely prime. Besides, you still want one...:p

I want a 300/2.8!!! :D

timbernet
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 19:56
Yoda - that was a really funny story you posted :-)

timbernet
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 20:02
I want a 300/2.8!!! :D

Don't we all? :-D

Lightstream
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 20:02
Yoda - that was a really funny story you posted :-)

It is :)

I know some aren't impressed, but this is the sad reality our generation has to face growing up. Things ain't the same they used to be and I suppose if you can't beat it, laugh at it.

Like I said, I envy those who have found the One and who can live the rest of their lives together and love every moment of it. It's something I may not be able to do at all, so.

Lightstream
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 20:03
Don't we all? :-D

The dangerous bit is that the Excel spreadsheet is very close to giving me clearance to actually do it............

The spreadsheet is consulted first before the Oracle of Paypal and Visa :p

(the Oracle says "Just spend it, it's only a 12% APR on your card." :D

Dang Oracle.. I think it's getting a cut ;))

timbernet
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 20:05
It is :)

I know some aren't impressed, but this is the sad reality our generation has to face growing up. Things ain't the same they used to be and I suppose if you can't beat it, laugh at it.

Like I said, I envy those who have found the One and who can live the rest of their lives together and love every moment of it. It's something I may not be able to do at all, so.

What I find a little funny, is there is a song that plays on the radio that is a lot like that article (without the divorce)

Lyrics: http://www.lyricsandsongs.com/song/680226.html

Lightstream
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 20:07
What I find a little funny, is there is a song that plays on the radio that is a lot like that article (without the divorce)

Lyrics: http://www.lyricsandsongs.com/song/680226.html

Cool! That's the 'happy ending' version :)

timbernet
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 20:08
Looks like this photographer was using a Nikon:
http://www.time.com/time/picturesoftheweek/0,29409,1663882_1449617,00.html

(ie: look at the noise :-D )

Lightstream
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 20:09
That is hardcore noise dude!