PDA

View Full Version : Red-Ringed Tupperware Party with (ineffective) Tin Foil Hats (3)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Permagrin
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 22:22
FENG!! LOOK A Free Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine

j/k...but I had to say something so that Three could get some coffee :)

Permagrin
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 22:25
hey look, when I was looking for that "free" machine, I found out that my new one got a 9.2 rating...tres cool

http://www.coffeegeek.com/reviews/consumer/delonghimagnifica/jonoz

and it even gave me a good tip for conquering the foam:
Making micro foam is the challenge if you like your cappuccinos "dry". However, I used a technique described here on coffee-geek that works. In a nutshell, you will need a cold metal pitcher & themometer. When making the foam let the tip surf the top of the milk creating a funnel until you reach 100 degrees. Then plunge the tip down into the milk until the temp is 150 degrees, all the while lowering the pitcher as the milk rises. Stop, then scoop the foam out with a big plastic spoon or spatula. Also make your espresso first.

Maureen Souza
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 22:26
I'll try.... just wondering what we might shoot on the weekend - would my car be required or should I just ride the ferry across?
We are renting a car in Seattle and will take it across on the ferry with us but only so we can have it when we leave for Seattle. We plan on hoofing around the island and maybe taking the ferry to another island and doing some sight seeing by boat.

timbernet
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 22:28
We are renting a car in Seattle and will take it across on the ferry with us but only so we can have it when we leave for Seattle. We plan on hoofing around the island and maybe taking the ferry to another island and doing some sight seeing by boat.

So what would you suggest I do? You know WAY more about that area than I do :-D

ibdb
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 22:30
LOL...now that you mention it, apparently he forgot THAT on their last shoot :lol::lol:

.....I figure if I'm already in the dog house ;)

Way to go, Permie!!!

I wasn't talking smack...whereeverwouldyougetthatidea? :lol: I was merely responding to David's insightful comment ;)

Oh sure, drag me into it. ;)

Mo, send me your itinerary...if we can get up there at one point or another, we will.

Come up for the trip to the zoo on Wednesday! I'll be there. Not sure if there will be a munchkin in tow yet.

Inciteful?
That's more like it. :lol:

Maureen Souza
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 22:38
So what would you suggest I do? You know WAY more about that area than I do :-D
Well, not really. We stopped by the islands for one day on our drive home from Alaska five years ago.
But take the ferry over...the islands are small enough to walk, hike and shoot;)
Our hotel is only 2 blocks from the ferry landing.

T.D.
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 22:39
A couple more from today:

http://hoyboy.smugmug.com/photos/199551540-L.jpg

http://hoyboy.smugmug.com/photos/199554287-L.jpg

Maureen Souza
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 22:39
Come up for the trip to the zoo on Wednesday! I'll be there. Not sure if there will be a munchkin in tow yet.

You can bring all of them to the zoo if you want, David. The more the merrier when it comes to little boys:)

aussieskier
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 22:44
Awesome Squirrel there Chris.

ibdb
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 22:46
You can bring all of them to the zoo if you want, David. The more the merrier when it comes to little boys:)
The third grader will be in school, and the 21 month old has a doctor's appointment. The kindergartener does have the day off, but I'm not sure if he'd rather spend the day playing with me at the zoo, or playing with mom and his little brother around home. So far, he keeps leaning towards mom.

timbernet
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 22:50
Awesome Squirrel there Chris.

Agreed - but the Zebra is neater!

T.D.
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 22:51
Thanks Boring Boys.

Permagrin
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 22:52

Tidier? Or you like it better?

nice shots Chris.

aussieskier
But the tree shark would eat you and the Zebra alive. :rolleyes:

Because they have the "Big sharp Pointy... TEETH":lol:

timbernet
Tidier? Or you like it better?

nice shots Chris.

COOLER!

Permagrin
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 22:53

you're starting to sound like Wu!!

timbernet
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 22:53

I would use my Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch :rolleyes:

aussieskier
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 22:54
I would use my Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch :rolleyes:

Pssh, do you know the rules?:rolleyes:

timbernet
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 22:56
Pssh, do you know the rules?:rolleyes:

First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin.
Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less.
Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three.
Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.
Five is right out.
Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

T.D.
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 22:57
One more from today. Very little crop (just resized to 8 x 10).

http://hoyboy.smugmug.com/photos/199566565-L.jpg

aussieskier
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 22:58
"St Atelar raised the hand grenade up on high saying... First though shalt take out the holy pin... then thou shalt count to three... no more no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count and the number of the counting shall be three. 2 shall only be count if though then proceed to three. 5 is right out! Then once three, being the third number be reached... lobith thee thy holy hand grenade of antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sights... shal snuff it.."

Permagrin
wow, they were close! :shock:

Cool kinda abstract buffalo.

aussieskier
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin.
Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less.
Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three.
Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.
Five is right out.
Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

you cheated. :rolleyes: the punctuation is too correct :lol:

timbernet
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:01
you cheated. :rolleyes: the punctuation is too correct :lol:

King Arthur: Right. One... two... five.
Galahad: Three, sir.
King Arthur: Three.

T.D.
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:03
wow, they were close! :shock:

Cool kinda abstract buffalo.

They were extremely close. Had to pull out the 5D with the 24-105 for some of the shots.

The closest we got to an animal today was an emu trying to peck out Puddle's eyes. He couldn't get to them, so he settled for my passenger window. It was a little freaky!

aussieskier
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:05
They were extremely close. Had to pull out the 5D with the 24-105 for some of the shots.

The closest we got to an animal today was an emu trying to peck out Puddle's eyes. He couldn't get to them, so he settled for my passenger window. It was a little freaky!

EMUs have to be one of the DUMBEST animals on this planet. Did you hear them make the weird thumping noise they make when they exhale?

puddlepirate44
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:05

He missed because of my Ninja-like reflexes. Yup.

T.D.
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:06
He missed because of my Ninja-like reflexes. Yup.

Yup! I've never seen a grown adult throw himself on the floorboard of a car faster than that.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It was the thumb sucking that I thought was really odd, though.

Permagrin
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:07

those emu's are crazy! A friend of ours took their family to WLS right after they bought a new van. An emu charged the car screaming and flailing...and JUMPED onto the hood of the van...scratching it...they thought it was having a seizure...and they had to wait until it was over...couldn't hurt the animal...anyway. Pretty soon it stopped and sat still on the hood...then it stood up...and there was an egg on the massively dented and scratched hood. The egg rolled off...the emu walked away...and they drove on (and had their van repaired about a month later)...

timbernet
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:07
EMUs have to be one of the DUMBEST animals on this planet. Did you hear them make the weird thumping noise they make when they exhale?

Do they rank up there with sheep?

aussieskier
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:08
Yup! I've never seen a grown adult throw himself on the floorboard of a car faster than that.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It was the thumb sucking that I thought was really odd, though.

Part of the secret ninja training stuff.. Bruce lee got killed for release that info to the world.. I would look out :lol:

T.D.
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:10
those emu's are crazy! A friend of ours took their family to WLS right after they bought a new van. An emu charged the car screaming and flailing...and JUMPED onto the hood of the van...scratching it...they thought it was having a seizure...and they had to wait until it was over...couldn't hurt the animal...anyway. Pretty soon it stopped and sat still on the hood...then it stood up...and there was an egg on the massively dented and scratched hood. The egg rolled off...the emu walked away...and they drove on (and had their van repaired about a month later)...

Umm, when I heard the story earlier today it was an ostrich.

You two weavers need to get your stories straight. :rolleyes::p:p:p:p:p:p;)

aussieskier
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:11
Do they rank up there with sheep?

Worse. I actually helped wrangle them once at a friend's here who raises them.

Permagrin
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:13
Umm, when I heard the story earlier today it was an ostrich.

You two weavers need to get your stories straight. :rolleyes::p:p:p:p;)

it really was an emu :lol: This woman has the worst luck too...her life is one of those "pure luck" lives where if something is going to go wrong, it's GOING to happen to her :lol:

T.D.
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:15
Here is said emu:

http://hoyboy.smugmug.com/photos/199578369-L.jpg

Permagrin
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:16
Here is said emu:

he LOOKS like he's been fighting :lol::lol::lol: I've never seen such a ragged emu :lol:

Lightstream
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:16

If that's how they lay eggs I wonder how come the species has survived for so long!

I would have stepped out, grabbed the egg and put it in the back. I'd then take photos of the incident, the damage, (for the insurance company) and later, of me making a seriously hardcore omelette.

It sorta reminds me of how one of my friends had a problem: his car was being vandalized and scratched repeatedly, and you wouldn't believe who was the perp: one of the neighborhood cats!!

Woolburr
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:27
he LOOKS like he's been fighting :lol::lol::lol: I've never seen such a ragged emu :lol:

I think most emus are rather ratty looking...seems to be the nature of the bird...they don't like to get all fancied up!
http://www.pbase.com/woolburr/image/43195902.jpg

Lightstream
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:28
Hey, speaking of eggs, quail eggs rule. If only they weren't such a pain to shell! (each is 1/5th the size of a chicken egg so you have to shell five times as many for the same eating..)

Permagrin
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:29
I think most emus are rather ratty looking...seems to be the nature of the bird...they don't like to get all fancied up!
http://www.pbase.com/woolburr/image/43195902.jpg

:lol::lol: you're right...that one looks pretty ratty too :lol:

timbernet
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:30
off to shower and sleep - talk to you all later!

Permagrin
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:30
g'night Scott...I'm off too...still feeling pretty cruddy...

Woolburr
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:31
Mine is a guard emu....a local construction business uses it to guard their tools....so far it has proven highly effective...

T.D.
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:32
You want pretty birds?

How about these guys?

http://hoyboy.smugmug.com/photos/199589620-L.jpg

Woolburr
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:33
You want pretty birds?

How about these guys?

Too bad wu isn't here...she is rather fond of those things.

three
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:36
ive never seen a flamingo :(

puddlepirate44
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:38
Too bad wu isn't here...she is rather fond of those things.

I took some Wu-esque shots of them, too.

Kinda cool looking bird. Pink eyes. Weird.

T.D.
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:56

How can that be?

aussieskier
23rd of September 2007 (Sun), 23:58
You want pretty birds?

How about these guys?

Pssh I can see those in my neighbor's front yard :rolleyes:.

Nice shots over all though TD!

Woolburr
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 00:04
The results of my big photo safari today...
http://www.pbase.com/woolburr/image/86106458.jpg

puddlepirate44
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 00:06
A dead bug?

Cool.

aussieskier
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 00:09
Goodnight everybody. Have fun

Woolburr
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 00:09
No...he was still alive...flew into the cobweb....and was trying very hard to escape.

Lightstream
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 00:16
Heya TD, how's your 100-400 with the sidekick? I hear a lot of carping that it is unbalanced. I'd trust your impressions of it with the 5D mounted, a lot more than the random stuff I read on the Net..

In other news, I am sizing up a bag for the 300/2.8 ISL in my future.. the Domke F-2 classic looks like a great bag. Heck, I should tell my local dealer, with the amount of $$ I am paying, you should throw the bag in for free :p

puddlepirate44
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 00:16
Wu-esque shots:

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/199606364-L.jpg

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/199612256-L.jpg

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/199606633-L.jpg

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/199610781-L.jpg

Woolburr
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 00:25
Some serious wu shots....

misspix
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 00:36
Wu-esque shots:
http://www.smugmug.com/photos/199610781-L.jpg
Cool series. ^^^This one, however, has given me an 'Alice in Wonderland' flashback :shock: *shudder*

wu_wei0
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 00:42
Hi-ho, Tuppers. I'm home. Had a great time. Laughed, and sang, and danced a lot; enjoyed my boys,their wives and esp my Bean! Pleased to announce that the camera of choice among the "out-laws" is Canon. Wish I'd had the 30 D so I could try their pretty toys. I was happy to be more involved in things than I would have if I'd had the camera and there was always kit around if I wanted to catch a shot. Ended up as the wrangler for the wedding photog. Nice guy. A "relative" of Wool, it seems.

Nice shots Pudsy! I haven't shot a flamingo bum in a yr and a half!

So what's the scoop?

Moooooooo, y'all

Woolburr
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 00:45
Speak of the devil and look who shows up!

wu_wei0
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 00:46
:evil: :)

I'm a cute devil, though. :D

Woolburr
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 00:47
So you say....we always see you hiding behind a lampshade!:lol::lol::lol:

wu_wei0
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 00:50
Nuh-uh! not always. . . . Just once!!
And I didn't wear a lampshade last night- although it might have been a smart thing. I'm sure I need to travel the US destroying pictures!

Maureen Souza
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 00:51
Dan, your flamingos are very pale compared to the ones we have here. I wonder if they area different species.

wu_wei0
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 01:13
Some of you have seen the large on of this, but here's the engagement gallery of the kids' photog. The first shot is them

http://www.choicephoto.com/engage_g.php

of course, they can't spell the name right. :)

Togra4
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 01:17
Good Evening Everyone! What's up?

Togra4
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 01:20
or morning, or afternoon....lol...

DDA
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 01:28
Mooooo everyone (I just saw the cows while I was coming to work ;-) )

I love the Wu'esque flamingo shots ;-)

Woolburr
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 01:29
Hi Tracy....

Hi Didier

Mooooooooooooooo

-spam-
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 01:34
Good Evening Everyone! What's up?

Mooooo everyone (I just saw the cows while I was coming to work ;-) )

I love the Wu'esque flamingo shots ;-)

Hi Tracy....

Hi Didier

Mooooooooooooooo

Mooooooooo guys.

Dad came home with a new member of the family today. Please dont hate me ;)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1102/1430694941_d91f1c6921_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/-spam-/1430694941/)

DDA
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 01:39
It's alright. Someone has to take care of the disabled elderlies ;-)

-spam-
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 01:42
It's alright. Someone has to take care of the disabled elderlies ;-)

To be honest, its probably in better shape than my 20D :oops:

But if since we are talking about the oldies, id like you to meet another one of mine...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1141/1430584022_64ad20bb21_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/-spam-/1430584022/)

ibdb
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 01:52
Happy belated, Spam!

Tracy - How many hundred shots did you take this weekend?

I've sorted through my 656 wedding shots taken yesterday, identified 150+ that I liked a lot, a dozen of those that I really liked, leaving a few too many that were close but not quites, or too close to something else that was better. :lol:

Togra4
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 01:58
Hey Wool! DDA! Spam....your cameras are pretty.....Im not sure if Ive ever seen a Nikon in person before.....tee hee.....

Well, if you want, go peek at my smugmug....I posted up a bunch of shots of my crew buddies from Dover.....Im not even close to done going through them all, but I promised the guys I'd get some up asap......I learned so much, but if you would please c&c them for me I would appreciate any positive critique you can provide....:)

ps....I am sure having one heck of a time keeping up with you guys....lol. I've missed like 10 pages over the past couple of days and I cant seem to catch up....LOQUACIOUS, ME THINKS...

Togra4
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 02:00
David, Including the crap shots and practicing my manual camera settings...I pressed my shutter button a total of 1806 times.....whoo hoo......It was fun!

Woolburr
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 02:08
David, Including the crap shots and practicing my manual camera settings...I pressed my shutter button a total of 1806 times.....whoo hoo......It was fun!

That is a whole lot of shots...you should be busy for a while.

ibdb
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 02:10
Atta girl! :lol:

My left arm was aching after six hours of yesterday's wedding. I tend to hold my camera by the lens in my left hand most of the time when I'm not shooting. Guess I need to get a handstrap or something to make myself use my right hand more.

I made a couple of quick comments in your Dover thread, too.

wakko
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 02:11
Cool... got myself a nice, little 12-cup Krups coffee machine. No espresso, no steamer - just coffee.

It has a mesh filter and a timer - so I can wake up to the smell of coffee....

And it was a few hundred dollars cheaper than the other one I had in my possession

mmm the krups machines are pretty alright actually... once you learn to work with it... we had one here at work... had crappy ground coffee, no tamper... sheesh... but it could still draw a nice shot...

I had gumbo when i visited the states last year! omg thats some chicken and a half

*drool*

you're a drooling gumbo :)

hmmm.. outta coffee

OH NO!!OH NO!!OH NO!!OH NO!!OH NO!!OH NO!!OH NO!!OH NO!!

What she said!!!!!! :o I'm not addicted...I'm not addicted...I'm not addicted...

i need to get some coffee... or steal some of feng's chocolate-covered coffee beans...

ssssssshhh! he will never know.

Oi!

I'll distract him for ya....hold on...

FENG!! LOOK A Free Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine

j/k...but I had to say something so that Three could get some coffee

Mmmm Silvia... but you would've got me better with the La Marzocco Linea :p

hey look, when I was looking for that "free" machine, I found out that my new one got a 9.2 rating...tres cool

http://www.coffeegeek.com/reviews/consumer/delonghimagnifica/jonoz

and it even gave me a good tip for conquering the foam:
Making micro foam is the challenge if you like your cappuccinos "dry". However, I used a technique described here on coffee-geek that works. In a nutshell, you will need a cold metal pitcher & themometer. When making the foam let the tip surf the top of the milk creating a funnel until you reach 100 degrees. Then plunge the tip down into the milk until the temp is 150 degrees, all the while lowering the pitcher as the milk rises. Stop, then scoop the foam out with a big plastic spoon or spatula. Also make your espresso first.

excellent... although I like to do the milk first... and swirl it while my coffee's extracting... Also heating cups with boiling water is good too...

ive never seen a flamingo

you're a flamingo :lol:

How can that be?

come on... it's David we're talking about :D we shouldn't doubt anything he says.... should we?

Mooooooooo guys.

Dad came home with a new member of the family today. Please dont hate me

purdy noink spammy... where'd ya wangle that from? :D

-spam-
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 02:17
Happy belated, Spam!

Thanks David :D

Spam....your cameras are pretty.....Im not sure if Ive ever seen a Nikon in person before.....tee hee.....

Its a strange experience alright. Hadnt held one for very long up until now. But you know what the worst thing about them is? The lens release button is in teh same spot as the canons but the lens spins in the opposite direction :rolleyes:

purdy noink spammy... where'd ya wangle that from? :D

A guy that works with my dad used to do pro underwater photography as well as landscape stuff. He felt it wasnt worth anything anymore so we scored a case with a fair bit of stuff in it aswell as a mint Metz hammerhead flash on the frame.

Got a couple of Cokin Grad filters as well

Togra4
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 02:21
Atta girl! :lol:

My left arm was aching after six hours of yesterday's wedding. I tend to hold my camera by the lens in my left hand most of the time when I'm not shooting. Guess I need to get a handstrap or something to make myself use my right hand more.

I made a couple of quick comments in your Dover thread, too.

I know exactly what you mean....lol. That sucker can get heavy after 5-10 laps....lol. Where can I see your stuff from the weekend? Post something pretty for us!

and thank you so much for your awesome comments in the other thread....I replied there too....

Togra4
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 02:24
The results of my big photo safari today...
http://www.pbase.com/woolburr/image/86106458.jpg

oh my heavens thats one UGLY bug......Wonderful though, but UH-GUH-LEE bug....

and yeah, it took almost all day to weed out the stupid ones and the oof's....tee hee....I'm elated!

Togra4
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 02:25
Dan, your flamingos are very pale compared to the ones we have here. I wonder if they area different species.

Maureen, your flamingo is very vibrant.....I love flamingos.

ibdb
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 02:31
Where can I see your stuff from the weekend? Post something pretty for us!
I put up a few pictures a while back in this thread (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3991548&postcount=2734) -- don't know how you could have missed it. This thread has been moving so slowly lately. . . ;):lol:;)

I had a stack of other tasks I had to finish today, too, but I hope to have some others available for comment tomorrow.

You weren't anywhere near the pit row accident today, were you?

Togra4
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 02:39
I didnt get to stay for today. My passes were for the Busch events. That was just terrible. That will give all those clueless people a little understanding of why they penalize teams for losing a tire....Doesnt seem like a big deal when nothing happens but that was the perfect example for why they are so strict about tires and hoses and jacks etc......

I skimmed through the posts I missed quickly just to get an Idea of what the chatter was.....lol. I did see them. Im in la la land.....

Togra4
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 02:40
David I especially like the last one of them dancing. so sweet!

ibdb
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 02:49
David I especially like the last one of them dancing. so sweet!
Thanks! That was a fill flash shot, for sure. ISO 1600, f/4, 1/40th of a second.

ibdb
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 02:52
Night, all!

Woolburr
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 03:00
The bug in question was a big ole dragonfly....that got himself in a bit of a fix.
http://www.pbase.com/woolburr/image/86115235.jpg

Woolburr
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 03:07
Hey Tracy....did you see the 99 failed post race inspection?

Pete
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 03:39
Self portrait

http://www.the-aperture.com/EE/photos/normal/img_0137.jpg

Woolburr
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 03:41
Nice kitteh....new pet?

Will ya look at the size of those paws? That is a cute shot Pete...

Pete
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 03:49
ISO1600 rocks!! (unprocessed apart from WB tweak)

http://www.the-aperture.com/EE/photos/normal/img_0208.jpg

Woolburr
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 04:08
I see you....is that Ali standing over your shoulder?

Pete
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 04:20
Yep, in the pink top and blue jacket...! When we saw this exhibit, we didn't see that there was a dummy in there. Was a bit spooky to see it turn up in the shot.

Mark0159
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 04:42
hey ho tupper people, moooooooooooooo

what's happening.

DDA
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 04:45
Self portrait

http://www.the-aperture.com/EE/photos/normal/img_0137.jpg

You are soooo beautiful Pete ;-)

Lightstream
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 05:02
Don't the paws make it difficult to get at the buttons on the 5D?

Claire
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 05:38
Hellu
I'm at work and dad just dropped off my mail. Got bills, new bank card and my photography magazine. :)

Lightstream
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 05:41
Hellu? Like Muuuuu? ;)

And bank card? Time to charge it!! ;)

Mark0159
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 05:48
Hellu? Like Muuuuu? ;)

don't give her that idea. you know what women are like with charge cards.

what's the magazine Claire

Lightstream
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 05:49
don't give her that idea. you know what women are like with charge cards.

That's ok, as long as she's not charging MY card. :)

Claire
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 05:49
Hellu? Like Muuuuu? ;)

Hehee Yeah, a fancier Muuu... ;)

Hehe Let's just say I'm happy I am getting my salary tomorrow. I was running out of last month's salary...

Lightstream
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 05:50
Payday is always good :)

Claire
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 06:02
Yeah, until I start spending the money on stuff... :p Need to remember that I'm going to London in a few weeks! I need the cash for that. Travel, food and such will cost. Not to mention the books and DVDs I'll end up buying! :p Dad asked me if I can fit 10 books into my suitcase...hehe

Hm, talk about spending money. I should get another camera backpack. Mine is a bit too bulky. I want something I can put regular stuff in as well. Hm...any ideas?

Oh, and I need to buy my new laptop this month as well.

Mark0159
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 06:04
Payday is always good :)

I wish I knew, I haven't had a pay day in 8 months :(

well I updated my CV today, it was kinda lacking some info. I got a lot more on it now. :)

tomorrow I will test it out :)

Claire
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 06:07
Good luck Mark! I have to give in my CV etc to our new production manager. She wants to go through our credentials etc for salary talks next month.

Mark0159
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 06:09
Good luck Mark! I have to give in my CV etc to our new production manager. She wants to go through our credentials etc for salary talks next month.

thanks, does that mean you could be getting a pay rise? fingers crossed for ya :)

Claire
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 06:22
Yep, means hopefully a decent payrise...

DDA
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 06:32
Yeah, until I start spending the money on stuff... :p Need to remember that I'm going to London in a few weeks! I need the cash for that. Travel, food and such will cost. Not to mention the books and DVDs I'll end up buying! :p Dad asked me if I can fit 10 books into my suitcase...hehe

Hm, talk about spending money. I should get another camera backpack. Mine is a bit too bulky. I want something I can put regular stuff in as well. Hm...any ideas?

Oh, and I need to buy my new laptop this month as well.

Have fun in London!

I'm considering to buy the new Lowepro Primus AW backpack. But I want to see it first (to try if all my gear will fit). And I can't find it anywhere in Switzerland :-(

puddlepirate44
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 07:20

Might be. Not really sure. Could also be that these Flamingoes don't get as much shrimp....

Moo, All. Just checking in before work.

-spam-
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 07:25

A hearty mooooo back at ya cap'n

Woolburr
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 07:59
Might be. Not really sure. Could also be that these Flamingoes don't get as much shrimp....

Some research last night shows that there are 5 basic types of flamingos...each with different colorings....the most colorful being the Caribbean variety...and the brighter colors are attributed to their diet...in this case...mainly shrimp! Nice call Cap'n.;)

Claire
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 08:16
I'm in a romantic comedy mood. Gonna go see "Becoming Jane" with some friends on Wednesday. Today I want to go and see the new Catherine Zeta Jones movie.

timbernet
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 08:16
Goood morning!

timbernet
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 08:17
I'm in a romantic comedy mood. Gonna go see "Becoming Jane" with some friends on Wednesday. Today I want to go and see the new Catherine Zeta Jones movie.

I guess that is supposed to be a good movie (Becoming Jane)... let us know!

wu_wei0
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 08:18

My life is a romantic comedy-- just without the romance. or the comedy, :)

Moooooo y'all

Togra4
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 08:18
Hola and Mooooo to the crew!

Wool, yeah I did hear about the rear bumper being too high.....waiting on the edge of my seat for the detais......I think thats the first time they have ever failed inspection If I recall correctly......yikes....

Zilly
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 08:24
hey all

Im officially dyeing the flu has well and truly set in and i feel like death warmed up

Woolburr
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 08:27
Moooooo Scottlet...my little neighborhood is on the national news this morning...seems some of your fellow boy scouts decided to get lost over the weekend. We are being swarmed with news media...

timbernet
hey all

Im officially dyeing the flu has well and truly set in and i feel like death warmed up

:-( Oh I am sorry!! The flu is nasty... go have some chicken soup! (with a little cayenne pepper added)

timbernet
Moooooo Scottlet...my little neighborhood is on the national news this morning...seems some of your fellow boy scouts decided to get lost over the weekend. We are being swarmed with news media...

NICE! Off to check CNN...

Woolburr
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 08:28

Moooooo y'all

Ah...there is a ray of sunshine for ya...:(

timbernet
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 08:29
"We're in the Great Smoky Mountains," said Sharp. "It's very mountainous with a lot of creeks, waterfalls and trails that are not clearly marked. It's very easy to get lost."

Not if you stick to your trails and use a map and compass.... What do waterfalls and creeks have to do about getting lost? (unless you fall in one)

Woolburr
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 08:29
:-( Oh I am sorry!! The flu is nasty... go have some chicken soup! (with a little cayenne pepper added)

Don't forget the garlic and the oregano....they are key components to the soup as well!

Woolburr
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 08:30
The good news is...the area where they are supposedly lost is not one of the more remote areas...they are near the base of Cold Mountain...at least that is where the early reports have placed them....that is a fairly distinct landmark.

DDA
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 08:31
Time for you to go and take some good pictures of the recue! I know you've hidden them in order to be the first to have that shot ;-)

timbernet
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 08:32
Time for you to go and take some good pictures of the recue! I know you've hidden them in order to be the first to have that shot ;-)

heh, that would be funny :-D

Woolburr
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 08:32
I will do my best to avoid that area by any means possible...I just watched the morning briefing...what a zoo...

timbernet
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 08:34
Well folks, morning shower time, then morning school drive - see you in a few!

Claire
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 08:34

Moooooo y'all

Sounds like my life. :p

hey all

Oh, welcome to the club. I'm still kinda sik. Much better and can think, but my nose is stuffy, coughing, headache and not sure what my body temperature is like always. I keep going into a room after being outside, and then I feel really hot and sweaty. Guess still some of the fever left in me.

Togra4
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 08:41
hey all

Awww, Zilly, you'll be okay! Im sorry to hear you feel so bad!

Pete
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 08:46
<staying away from sickness>

Hope you all feel better soon.

-spam-
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 08:54
<staying away from sickness>

Hope you all feel better soon.

x2 on both counts.

Im trying to stay well at the moment here too, everyone else in the family is sick right now :(

DDA
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 09:11
Hey Wool, you've already released the boyscouts?!? Where are the shots?

DDA
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 09:11
Get better soon Zill!

wakko
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 09:13
hey all... just thought I'd share a pic of my daughter that my brother in law took in taiwan...

i'm missing her like crazy :(

http://stuff.planetslackers.com/imageshare/private/jessica/pomelohead.jpg

excuse the ISO1600 shot with a Sony P&S :D

Zilly
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 09:14
Cheers guys

strange how loads of us have fallen ill at the same time

got driving lesson tommrow its too late to cancel so i hope im better by tonight other wirse thatll be 18 to the driving instructor for doing nothing :(

Claire
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 09:16
Awwwwwwww cute kid!

T.D.
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 09:18
Heya TD, how's your 100-400 with the sidekick? I hear a lot of carping that it is unbalanced. I'd trust your impressions of it with the 5D mounted, a lot more than the random stuff I read on the Net..

In other news, I am sizing up a bag for the 300/2.8 ISL in my future.. the Domke F-2 classic looks like a great bag. Heck, I should tell my local dealer, with the amount of $$ I am paying, you should throw the bag in for free :p

Yoda,

The 100-400 works great on the sidekick. Honestly, though, I've only had it mounted on the 30D while on the sidekick. I haven't tried the 5D on the sidekick.

My experience with the sidekick is that you can balance any long lens quite well on it.

wakko
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 09:18
Awwwwwwww cute kid!

Thanks Claire... miss her like crazy :o

2 more weeks... :)

Lightstream
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 09:26
Yoda,

The 100-400 works great on the sidekick. Honestly, though, I've only had it mounted on the 30D while on the sidekick. I haven't tried the 5D on the sidekick.

My experience with the sidekick is that you can balance any long lens quite well on it.

Excellent, thank you!

Actually, 20D, 30D, 40D and 5D are all so similar that it's close enough. Few grams either way ain't gonna tip the scale too bad.

Lots of people whine and carp about poor balance but it seems that it has worked out for you. I'd love to try it.. :)

T.D.
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 09:28
Excellent, thank you!

Actually, 20D, 30D, 40D and 5D are all so similar that it's close enough. Few grams either way ain't gonna tip the scale too bad.

Lots of people whine and carp about poor balance but it seems that it has worked out for you. I'd love to try it.. :)

I don't get what the fuss is. You can adjust the lens back and forth on the sidekick to balance anything. Once balanced, you can move the camera/lens with a finger. Very nice!

wu_wei0
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 09:30
Ah...there is a ray of sunshine for ya...:(:lol: I am the sunshine of my life. ;) :lol::lol:

Get well all. I think I need to stay away till you are all better.
IF I'm lucky, you'll let me fall of the count radar, too! You were doing a great job! Keep it up.

talk amongst yourselves!

3Turner
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 09:37
Good morning!

Hi Wu! How was the shin-dig??

Oh yeah...moooooo-mooooo

Claire
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 09:38
Hm...I just saw an external hard drive for a really good price. 500 Gb.

wu_wei0
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 09:41
Good morning!

Hi Wu! How was the shin-dig??

Oh yeah...moooooo-mooooo

It was super! I had a great time

3Turner
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 09:42
Did you find the wine from Sister Creek to take and drink?

Claire
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 10:46
My POTN photo book has been shipped according to Blurb. Let's hope it gets here soon!

3Turner
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 10:51
And you will LOVE the book....is very, very nice ;)

Claire
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 10:54
he He I am seriously considering trying to fix together my own book. But need to find a decent place that doesn't cost too much and good quality, as well as closer to Sweden...

timbernet
24th of September 2007 (Mon), 11:03
I don't get what the fuss is. You can adjust the lens back and forth on the sidekick to balance anything. Once balanced, you can move the camera/lens with a finger. Very nice!

Very tempted to get one for my 400.... the 400 is a light lens, but the sidekick makes panning with a tripod VERY easy!