PDA

View Full Version : Jerusalem street

yosef
17th of September 2007 (Mon), 18:27
One of streets in old Jerusalem

twisted pixels
18th of September 2007 (Tue), 01:34
Yosef.
Be careful of high contrast (bright light and dark areas in the same image)
I did some adjustments to brightness. ( Hope you don't mind)
I like this photo.

yosef
18th of September 2007 (Tue), 02:43
Thanks

vinny89gt
18th of September 2007 (Tue), 16:12
I didn't have much hope for this post because of some of the other photos you've posted.

I'm pleasantly surprised.

kenyc
18th of September 2007 (Tue), 18:05
Nice capture.

KAC

nufan
18th of September 2007 (Tue), 18:22
I like it. Looks like something from one of these "Day in the Life" books

Gamut
18th of September 2007 (Tue), 23:46
THERE YA GO! This is much better, Yo. And the edit by Twisted Pixels is way too contrasty. I think you had a good shot to begin with. And the composition is good too. Keep it up, man!

samsen
19th of September 2007 (Wed), 01:49
Picture has a mood and lot of original characters.
You did well with perspective lines by not tilting the camera up or down, a bonus point for you. Unfortunately the difficult exposure range has burned out areas that are distracting. One of those good opportunities for HDR.
Well a try from me to bring out more of washed out over exposed areas.

H.B.
19th of September 2007 (Wed), 07:22
Well done Yosef. The original is the better I think. I read another comment on one of your photo's mentioning getting away from eye level shooting. I think this one would work very well if you were laying down at ground level. Keep going dude.

Mick.

Gamut
19th of September 2007 (Wed), 09:36
Samsen, I think you may need to calibrate your monitor. What you post as an improvement, so far appears to be very over saturated and contrasty. I wish I could see what you're seeing, or better yet, you could see what we're all seeing. Notice that H.B. is not thrilled with the change either. That tells me more than myself is seeing a problem...

kenyc
19th of September 2007 (Wed), 12:00
Samsen, I think you may need to calibrate your monitor. What you post as an improvement, so far appears to be very over saturated and contrasty. I wish I could see what you're seeing, or better yet, you could see what we're all seeing. Notice that H.B. is not thrilled with the change either. That tells me more than myself is seeing a problem...

I'd agree, that version seems somewhat over saturated/over processed to my eye (on a couple of different monitors).

KAC

neil85
19th of September 2007 (Wed), 19:28
cool shot, i just wish the peope would have been in focus

pakomo
20th of September 2007 (Thu), 11:52
I like this photo, perhaps a little tighter crop would be better. What camera are you using?

superdiver
20th of September 2007 (Thu), 12:22
Nice job! Honestly I like the first version best...

Swift
21st of September 2007 (Fri), 18:58
Yeah I like the original best too.