this is my website www.picturezone.be

i want some tips what i should do best

gandini
6th of June 2001 (Wed), 10:31
jazzy wrote:
hello i want some review of my work
this is my website www.picturezone.be

i want some tips what i should do best

I'd cut back on the flash stuff! Boy, even with a fast connection, your site is sloowww...

Very frustrating when what I want to see are your photos. Some guy named Arif has a flash site also to protect his photos from thieves, or something like that. Get over yourself already. Photos are not that special, --none. Unless you're a professional and make a living from these photos (and then you wouldn't be putting them on the web like that...)

All that said, the few photos I managed to see were very interesting indeed! Make them more accessible, and we can all appreciate them.

cheers,

jazzy
6th of June 2001 (Wed), 11:47
don' t understand slowwwwww???
sometimes i check my site with my father in law he just has a phoneline connection at max 5k/s and it works fine problably the server down or something the biggest file of my site is +/- 160KB and that are the pages with all the thumbnails so don't know what is slowing down

gandini
6th of June 2001 (Wed), 13:53
jazzy wrote:
don' t understand slowwwwww???
sometimes i check my site with my father in law he just has a phoneline connection at max 5k/s and it works fine problably the server down or something the biggest file of my site is +/- 160KB and that are the pages with all the thumbnails so don't know what is slowing down
This is what I mean:

I skip the flash intro,
I get to frames page (arghh...m I hate frames)
I click on left frame to see thumbs of party
I click on first thumb
sub-window pops up and ....
nothing, I wait and wait....
finally I see photo of guy drinking.
I then have to close window and repeat from
click on thumb.

I am merely making a comment, albeit based on my personal tastes, concerning how your site and photos are presented. I think it disuades people from viewing your photos. And that's not your objective.

Try Pekka's G1 photo site. Now that's how to present and view (very large) photos!!

cheers,