PDA

View Full Version : Fulfilling BluDomain shopping cart orders

zorz
14th of December 2007 (Fri), 09:51
How do those who use BluDomain's integrated shopping cart fulfill their print orders? I assume you get an e-mail once a client submits an order. After that, do you manually key in its details in your preferred lab's ordering system, or are there ways of automatic forwarding the order directly to some lab?

Unfortunately, I couldn't find this info on BD's site nor here after a half-hour search. Thank you.

jenirose3
14th of December 2007 (Fri), 09:57
the only automated part of BD shopping cart is you can automated payment using paypal....you will still have to manually take that order and enter it your labs ordering system...

zorz
14th of December 2007 (Fri), 10:02
the only automated part of BD shopping cart is you can automated payment using paypal....you will still have to manually take that order and enter it your labs ordering system...

Thank you for confirmation, I thought so. With everything else already in place, wouldn't the service be just perfect if this step were also automated?.. :) (Technical part is of no concern as I am hosting elsewhere, reliably.)

jenirose3
14th of December 2007 (Fri), 10:19
Yes. I think I've heard of some (portfolio builders mainly) who use (I want to say mpix or some hosting site, maybe, I can't remember) where you set up the client's proof gallery on their site and the client logs in and looks at their proofs and then orders directly from the lab. I don't know the exact details but was kind of mickey mouse. I'd rather it appear seamless to my client than to me.

zorz
14th of December 2007 (Fri), 11:06
Yes. I think I've heard of some (portfolio builders mainly) who use (I want to say mpix or some hosting site, maybe, I can't remember) where you set up the client's proof gallery on their site and the client logs in and looks at their proofs and then orders directly from the lab. I don't know the exact details but was kind of mickey mouse. I'd rather it appear seamless to my client than to me.

Miller's, not MPix, offers that, as well as Collages, Pictage, and few more. Although having both proofing and direct print ordering would be ideal in BluDomain, I agree that from a presentational standpoint, it looks sleeker and is more convenient to the clients to do all in one place, even if it only appears so (as in BluDomain).