PDA

View Full Version : Lightroom - find pictures without keywords

cosworth
22nd of January 2008 (Tue), 09:24
Maybe I haven't dug hard enough to find this or find a way to do this. But how do you find pictures without keywords assigned? Is this something iPhoto does?

Troll through your dng/raw folder and just look? Dear god that will take forever.

No magic default such a searching for a ~ or say /* that invokes a search on empty? Searching by empty isn't possible since if you create an empty keyword you get:

"A non-empty name mst be provided"

Windows/OS X reads metadata in their file browsers, is there another app that is useful to piggy back the search results with?

In2Photos
22nd of January 2008 (Tue), 10:02
I just typed this in the Lr wishlist thread for you.

Click on the enitre Library or top folder so all of your shots are visible in grid view. Press CTRL + A to select all. Now, CTRL click on all the keywords in the keyword panel. Invert your selection and add it to the quick collection by pressing B. Search accomplished. ;)

nutsnbolts
22nd of January 2008 (Tue), 14:39
Interesting way of finding it! Helpful enough I wished there was something more like,search for no keywords tick mark or checkbox or something something .

Nortelbert
22nd of January 2008 (Tue), 14:58
Maybe I haven't dug hard enough to find this or find a way to do this. But how do you find pictures without keywords assigned?

Go to find, keywords, and instead of "Contains all" or "starts with" choose "is empty" from the drop down box (or something like that, I'm at work so I cant' check)

nutsnbolts
22nd of January 2008 (Tue), 15:07
Go to find, keywords, and instead of "Contains all" or "starts with" choose "is empty" from the drop down box (or something like that, I'm at work so I cant' check)

Awesome! Makes keywording easier! Search for "KEYWORDS" "ARE EMPTY" in the drop down menu

cosworth
22nd of January 2008 (Tue), 15:20
Holy freakin' crap.

http://www.tvguide.com/images/pgimg/family-guy-peter-griffin8.jpg

danpass
22nd of January 2008 (Tue), 17:00
another way to at least narrow things down:

go to the bottom of the panel. you should see the options for metadata.

search by lens, aperture, camera, all kinds of stuff.

then there is also search by date .............

Nortelbert
22nd of January 2008 (Tue), 17:27
Holy freakin' crap.

http://www.tvguide.com/images/pgimg/family-guy-peter-griffin8.jpg

You're welcome fellow Canuck :-)

I figured if Elements has it, it must be in Lightroom somewhere...

cosworth
22nd of January 2008 (Tue), 17:46
Well lightroom didsn't "have it" you used a combination of features to accomplish what you want.

It will take me some time to ctrl-click all my keywords...a looong time.

So yes, now near my lightroom database I see "Are empty".

SWEET.

cosworth
22nd of January 2008 (Tue), 18:44
9044 images to keyword....

dear lord.

Nortelbert
22nd of January 2008 (Tue), 22:01
Well lightroom didsn't "have it" you used a combination of features to accomplish what you want.

It will take me some time to ctrl-click all my keywords...a looong time.

So yes, now near my lightroom database I see "Are empty".

SWEET.

??? I am guessing that you meant it USED to take you a long time in the older version and now you're OK?