PDA

View Full Version : NFL Champion NY Giants!

Pages : [1] 2

medicdude
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:11
Im glad they won. It would have been cool to see the Pats go undefeated, but the Giants earned every point on that board.

PS - did you catch all the 1d/1ds equipment after the game!? geez

BottomBracket
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:13
The most exciting Superbowl I have ever seen! I'm just so pumped up now.......

thekid24
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:13
arguably the greatest super bowl I have ever seen....the Mannings are something else.....happy to see them do well.

edit: for the first time...I didnt care about cameras on the field....such an amazing game!
edit#2: Smart move Tiki;)

danpass
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:16
what a waste of a season ... to go undefeated just to lose the actual important game lol

Mum2J&M
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:20
what a waste of a season ... to go undefeated just to lose the actual important game lol

I couldn't DISAGREE with you more. The Pats won every single game. You're going to tell me one friggin game is the end-all? Paleese... time to re-evaluate the Superbowl. :rolleyes:

4nR
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:21
Possibly the best superbowl I've ever seen. GO GIANTS!

Permagrin
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:22
what an awesome game!! I was not a fan of either team but that was ONE SWEET GAME!!

Eagle
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:24
Great game. Best Super Bowl in years. Feel sorry for the Patriots. Way to Giants.

thekid24
I couldn't DISAGREE with you more. The Pats won every single game. You're going to tell me one friggin game is the end-all? Paleese... time to re-evaluate the Superbowl. :rolleyes:
With the Pats winning all of their regular season games...it made the SuperBowl even more of a spectical.

The SuperBowl is THE GAME....if lost...like the Pats said during the press conferences....it doesnt mean anything to go undefeated in the regular season. Maybe thats just them trying to optimistic and humbling...who knows. Noone remembers the losers...just the winners...but I dont see the Patriots ever being forgotten...just the amazing story of the Giants being tagged along with the Patriots story.
"The Patriots could have been the greatest team ever...BUT"

"Thats Why They Play The Game!"

SoundsGood
What a great final 2 minutes.

And how 'bout all those Canons! :)

shack
I couldn't DISAGREE with you more. The Pats won every single game.

All but one.....

Mum2J&M
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:25
Ok, raised in NJ attending Giants games. Spent 20 years in Boston watching a loser team for years. The Pats were the total underdogs of their day. When they had Bledsoe, they were lousy. When Parcels (yes Giants fans, Parcels) was there, they were lousy. Then Brady came along. I don't care about the Superbowl. The Patriots have quite clearly proven themselves the best team this year. And if you had followed the Patriots in the 80s and 90s, you'd think so too. Having attended Giants games with my Dad as a youngster, nothing compares to my loyalty to the Patriots. There's just something about that team...

BottomBracket
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:26
arguably the greatest super bowl I have ever seen....the Mannings are something else.....happy to see them do well.

edit: for the first time...I didnt care about cameras on the field....such an amazing game!
edit#2: Smart move Tiki;)

You got that right, on both edits ;)

I think New England succumbed to the pressure of an undefeated season.They nearly lost to the Giants at Game 16, last game of the regular season. In retrospect, it might have been better if they lost that game - the perfect season pressure would be gone and perhaps they could have played a bit more relaxed.

Giants win though, and that's a good thing :mrgreen:

Karl C

When they're trying to go undefeated, yes, that one "game" is the end-all.

And they choked...

Mum2J&M
All but one.....

Hee hee. I knew someone had to say that! :p:confused::evil:

Permagrin
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:28
the thing is, if you don't finish the race you don't win the prize.

They played great all year but they did not play great today and the Giants defense did. From an unbiased fan (Raider nation over here ;) ), the Giants outplayed them and deserved to win. Even the Pat's coach said "it's a one game season"...when it come to the championship, you've got to win it.

Anyway, what a GREAT game....:mrgreen:

SoaringUSAEagle
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:29
House full of Giants fans here tonight. We had a great time, on pins and needles there but it paid off. We arent really Giants fans, but we were rooting them on today!

Mum2J&M
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:30
Just curious... why the Giants? Were you just rooting for the underdogs? That seems really funny saying that as the Pats were the underdogs not long ago! ;)

Karl C
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:32
House full of Giants fans here tonight. We had a great time, on pins and needles there but it paid off. We arent really Giants fans, but we were rooting them on today!

I didn't care for the teams, especially the Pats. I only watched the last 35 seconds. I thought the CBS Report was more interesting. ;)

I just wanted some team, any team, to wipe that arrogant smirk off Belichick's face.

Permagrin
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:33
the one thing I didn't like was that Belichick left the field before the game was over...leaving his team to have to take that last kneel down alone.

kblair210
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:34
The Giants earned that game inch by inch. Manning breaking three tackles and throwing it to someone who catches it on their head is simply amazing.

Permagrin
The Giants earned that game inch by inch. Manning breaking three tackles and throwing it to someone who catches it on their head is simply amazing.

that's definitely gonna be in highlight reels for the next 20 years!

Mum2J&M
I didn't care for the teams, especially the Pats. I only watched the last 35 seconds. I thought the CBS Report was more interesting. ;)

I just wanted some team, any team, to wipe that arrogant smirk off Belichick's face.

OMG!!! This team is not arrogant. I'm sorry, but I have to defend the Pats. They are the most down- to-earth team out there. Did you know up until a couple of years ago, they didn't even have a professional field to play on?! It was like a joke! And they overcame the odds. The Giants have been playing in a pro stadium forever and call themselves a New York team even though they play in New Jersey?! :rolleyes:

Karl C
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:36
OMG!!! This team is not arrogant. I'm sorry, but I have to defend the Pats. They are the most down- to-earth team out there. Did you know up until a couple of years ago, they didn't even have a professional field to play on?! It was like a joke! And they overcame the odds. The Giants have been playing in a pro stadium forever and call themselves a New York team even though they play in New Jersey?! :rolleyes:

You need to stop being emotional and READ what I wrote. I did NOT say anything about the team.

Re-read what I wrote.

Mum2J&M
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:38
You need to stop being emotional and READ what I wrote. I did NOT say anything about the team.

Re-read what I wrote.

Ok, so just the smirk was arrogant.

Mum2J&M
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:40
A lot of the Pats might be retiring this year - one of whom had a stroke, but kept on playing. If that isn't loyalty to the game, I don't know what is...

BottomBracket
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:40
C'mon guys, both teams played toe to toe. The Pats are a great team and seemed unstoppable. The Giants rose up to the challenge, and almost fell short. I'm a Giants fan, but truth be told I would be happy if the Pats won since going undefeated would have been a really impressive feat. What I don't understand is why some people just can't be happy for the winners.

Mum2J&M
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:41
C'mon guys, both teams played toe to toe. The Pats are a great team and seemed unstoppable. The Giants rose up to the challenge, and almost fell short. I'm a Giants fan, but truth be told I would be happy if the Pats won since going undefeated would have been a really impressive feat. What I don't understand is why some people just can't be happy for the winners.

Aw, come on now. If you support a team, you support a team. You mean to tell me Giants fans wouldn't be disappointed with a Pats win? :confused:

Billginthekeys
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:42
As a Dol'fan I could not breath the whole fourth quarter, it was intense, a great game for sure! I'm so happy the patriots lost.

Belmondo
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:44
The same two teams playing each other provided possibly the two most entertaining games all season. Considering the Pats barely beat the Giants in their regular season game, I don't know why they were heavily favored today.

Anyway, there is no question the Giants were the better team on the field today, and the score was not really indicative of their superiority.

BottomBracket
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:46
Aw, come on now. If you support a team, you support a team. You mean to tell me Giants fans wouldn't be disappointed with a Pats win? :confused:

I would be disappointed of course. I wouldn't be surprised actually, the Pats are pretty good. I guess being underdogs allows one to lose more gracefully, if it came to that.

Mum2J&M
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:46
Oh, I see now. Everyone hates the Pats because they got TOO good, lol. ;) C'mon Pats fans, chime in. You KNOW you want to! Guess what? I'm not even a huge football fan, but my husband is. And I know this game really must've bummed him out. It's never fun to hear happy cheers on behalf of the opposing team. So I've put my 2 cents in. Have a good night all and congrats to the Giants. At least my Father will be happy. Wooptie Doo. :p

BottomBracket
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:53
Jeez not everyone hates the Pats. If anything at all, you have to appreciate the game, it was down to the wire and wasn't decided until the very last seconds. 35 seconds to go, the Pats were on offense and everybody knew that it wasn't over yet by a long shot. It just wasn't meant to be.

oaktree
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:55
Made my day!

Chris Dana
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:58
I have disliked the Pats as a team for longer than I can remember (think pre-Bledsoe years). I was glad to see the Giants win.

That being said, there are a lot of class acts on the Patriots team. Bruschi, Seau, etc. are great people and players alike. There are also a lot of class acts on the Giants team as well. It was one of the better games I've seen in a long time and a lot of credit goes to both teams for playing this game.

We could only be so lucky to see another Superbowl (or even regular season game, for that matter) this good next year.

markubig
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 22:59
BIG BLUE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES HISTORY WAS MADE TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!

musicmaster
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:02
I'm mad. I've been a pats fan since brady's first superbowl.

I only watched the 1st and 4th Q though. WHen no scoring was happening, I was doing HW (ie reading and writing a paper)

shack
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:05
Just curious... why the Giants?

Not particularly a Giants fan...But I am a Manning fan. I've had the opportunity to meet both Archie and Peyton on several occasions. They are a couple of the nicest people you would hope to meet. I assume Eli is the same. I like to cheer for good people.

Chet
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:07
I was so happy when it was over. The whole game talking about an un-defeated season, to the very end. The Pats paying those announcers or what? As a Packer fan, from Wisconsin I was jumping up and down when the Giants won the Super Bowl with all those Canon's in the background just made me misty.

CountryBoy
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:08
Oh, I see now. Everyone hates the Pats because they got TOO good, lol. ;) C'mon Pats fans, chime in. You KNOW you want to! Guess what? I'm not even a huge football fan, but my husband is. And I know this game really must've bummed him out. It's never fun to hear happy cheers on behalf of the opposing team. So I've put my 2 cents in. Have a good night all and congrats to the Giants. At least my Father will be happy. Wooptie Doo. :p

No I just don't like the Pats ! I'm a Raider fan :oops:. Ever since that fumble years ago , in the playoffs , that was ruled a "tuck" I have disliked the Pats. Whoever heard of that rule anyway ? We where robed :D !

The only time I root for a NFC team in the Super Bowl , is when they play the Pats. This was sweet.

gary88
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:09
The Giants obviously wanted this game WAY more than the Patriots did. Tom Brady played like complete poo.

SuzyView
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:10
I felt bad when the Giants lost to the Patriots during the season. They should have won that game. My husband said to me after the game, well if the two teams had to split the games, the Giants probably made out better. :)

I was just surprised the officials tried to get the last second replayed. How silly was that?

kblair210
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:10
I've disliked the Patriots since they were caught cheating.

SuzyView
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:11
I've disliked the Patriots since they were caught cheating.

I feel exactly the same way. Cheat once, should have been banned.

BigBlueDodge
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:11
The Giant's didn't have anything to win in this game. If they lose the game, then that what everyone is expecting them to do. If they won the game, everyone will still consider the NE Patriots as the best team in the NFL.

I think it is rediculous that Eli Manning got the MVP tonight. He had a 44 QB rating in the first 3 quarters, had a average game (19-34, 255yds, 1TD). The only reason the Giants win this game is due to their Defense. I sat in awe watching the defense swarm, frustrate, make plays on the NE offense. I find it absolutely amazing that the Giant's D was able to hold the record breaking NE offense to just 14 pts. To me its a slap in the face to the defense to award Eli Manning the MVP, when the D is why NY won tonight. Their defense has been just incredible during this playoff run.

SuzyView
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:12
Can't give the award to 8 guys. But I get your point. The Defense was amazing!

BigBlueDodge
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:13
Can't give the award to 8 guys. But I get your point. The Defense was amazing!

Yup, so you settle and give it to 12th best player tonight.

SuzyView
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:14
Still. For a young QB, not too shabby.

SoaringUSAEagle
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:15
Just curious... why the Giants? Were you just rooting for the underdogs? That seems really funny saying that as the Pats were the underdogs not long ago! ;)

I just wanted to go for the Giants. I just do not like the Pats. I never have and with the whole spy games thing, meh... I know it's in the past now and they have "moved on" but I like the Giants more than the Pats... and I will usually go for the team I like more once my team has been knocked out.

I wanted to see that smile go away too, and boy did it!

the one thing I didn't like was that Belichick left the field before the game was over...leaving his team to have to take that last kneel down alone.

Yeah I didnt find that kosher at all. What a poor sport. So what, a "perfect" season was lost, oh well!

that's definitely gonna be in highlight reels for the next 20 years!

I wouldnt say that, but it was definitely a good game.

The same two teams playing each other provided possibly the two most entertaining games all season. Considering the Pats barely beat the Giants in their regular season game, I don't know why they were heavily favored today.

Anyway, there is no question the Giants were the better team on the field today, and the score was not really indicative of their superiority.

The Giants definitely got lucky. I am still amazed, and happy for the Giants.

markubig
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:16
maybe Troy Aikman will now remember that his name is JUSTIN TUCK . . . NOT JASON TUCK!!! ... he's called him that every Giant game he called this season.

what a defense . . . HUGE PROPS TO STEVE SPAGNUOLO!!!

jptsr1
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:18
The Patriots have quite clearly proven themselves the best team this year

2nd best.

J.

SuzyView
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:18
LOL. True.

CountryBoy
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:19
I agree the defense should have been the MVP. They played a great game. That last sack sealed it !

BigBlueDodge
This is crazy. Going into next year, it is very possible that NY Giant's may not even be picked to win their division (a division that yielded 3 playoff teams this year, with a surging Eagles team that came on strong during the end of the year). There is going to be some very tough competition in the NFC East this next year.

SuzyView
I almost cried when they sacked Brady 2 times in a row! It was like, out of nowhere.

mattograph
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:20
One Super Bowl Complaint. Who was running the clock? Absolutely the worst timekeeping I have ever seen in a professional contest.

CDickey
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:20
Giants got Lucky? 10 games in a row? I dont think so. They neutralized the Patriots offence and won the superbowl as a result. Go Giants! Yes I am drunk but tomorrow the Giant will still be Superbowl Champs.:lol:

BottomBracket
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:21
I felt bad when the Giants lost to the Patriots during the season. They should have won that game. My husband said to me after the game, well if the two teams had to split the games, the Giants probably made out better. :)

I was just surprised the officials tried to get the last second replayed. How silly was that?

Had the Patriots lost that game, I think it would have been better for them at the Superbowl, where they could have played looser without the burden of a perfect season upon them. Oh well, it worked for the Giants, who needed every help they can get for the win.

That last second was silly, though it had to be played out to close the game. Sad that Belichick wasn't there with his troops though.

SuzyView
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:21
Yeah, I noticed that too. Seconds were put on or taken off more than usual.

Maureen Souza
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:23
I have been a Pats fan since 1990 but in a small way, i was hoping to see Eli get a ring to match his brother's. Brady was off rhythm today, no doubt about it..... but their 17-0 record on the season shouldn't be dismissed because of the Super Bowl.

mattograph
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:29
Had the Patriots lost that game, I think it would have been better for them at the Superbowl, where they could have played looser without the burden of a perfect season upon them. Oh well, it worked for the Giants, who needed every help they can get for the win.

That last second was silly, though it had to be played out to close the game. Sad that Belichick wasn't there with his troops though.

His call. He left the field early. I think he believed that he could surrender.

10 years ago, I saw a college game like this. With two seconds left, the offense fumbled the snap. Someone from the defense picked it up, and ran it back for a TD.

Never give up.

MDJAK
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:31
Awesome, exciting, action packed game. Giants deserved it.
GO BLUE

CountryBoy
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:31
The Miami Dolphins are happy !

SuzyView
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:32
Hubby said the same thing. Record is in tact.

SoaringUSAEagle
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:33
Awesome, exciting, action packed game. Giants deserved it.
GO BLUE

:)

I was thinking that PM from you was about the game Mark haha, or you handing over that 1Ds3 you placed on the line :) j/k

S.Horton
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:34
Great game.

Nice use of a 15mm fisheye at the end.

Woolburr
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:34
The Manning boys are starting to earn their keep...Colts-Giants Bowl next year!!! Giants defense rose to the occasion and beyond tonight...what a memorable game!

BigBlueDodge
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:35
The whole Miami Dolphins comparison has got to end. The NE Pat's won MORE games this year than the Dolphins did in 1972. I'm no NE Pat's fans, but I think they were clearly a better team than the 1972 Dolphins. 1972 got out easy, as they got to play 2 less games.

SoaringUSAEagle
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:36
Great game.

Nice use of a 15mm fisheye at the end.

I saw a 14L, 35L and some bricks mainly.

SoaringUSAEagle
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:37
Oh, and for the gearheads out there, some togs were still using the 1DMkIIN... :) Kinda nice to see that it's not totally outdated yet lol. I'm just kidding. Not trying to start a war here.

CountryBoy
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:43
The whole Miami Dolphins comparison has got to end. The NE Pat's won MORE games this year than the Dolphins did in 1972. I'm no NE Pat's fans, but I think they were clearly a better team than the 1972 Dolphins. 1972 got out easy, as they got to play 2 less games.

Easy ? They didn't baby the quarterbacks back in those days. Today, rules favor the offense .

But Miami did win the big one !

markubig
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:44
i really hope we don't lost steve spagnuolo to the redskins headcoaching job . . . but a night like tonight puts him in the driver's seat . . . he can basically get any coaching job he wants right now.

Michael Strahan & Amani Toomer can retire happily now. they deserve the rest. Justin Tuck & Steve Smith are going to be excellent replacements.

WHAT A NIGHT!!!!

cdifoto
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:45
*Rubs the sleep out of his eyes*

Super Bowl was today? :confused:

koalawalla
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:45
That was an incredible game :D Grats Giants!

CDickey
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:46
I have been a Pats fan since 1990 but in a small way, i was hoping to see Eli get a ring to match his brother's. Brady was off rhythm today, no doubt about it..... but their 17-0 record on the season shouldn't be dismissed because of the Super Bowl.

They arent 17-0.

They are 18-1!:D

S.Horton
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:46
I saw a 14L, 35L and some bricks mainly.

Seemed like a lot of 16-35 as well.

CDickey
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:48
i really hope we don't lost steve spagnuolo to the redskins headcoaching job . . . but a night like tonight puts him in the driver's seat . . . he can basically get any coaching job he wants right now.

Michael Strahan & Amani Toomer can retire happily now. they deserve the rest. Justin Tuck & Steve Smith are going to be excellent replacements.

WHAT A NIGHT!!!!

AMEN BROTHER!

joayne
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:50
Hmmmmm, karma, karma, karms
Cheaters should never prosper :)

nicksan
3rd of February 2008 (Sun), 23:53
You know after Eli eluded guys he had no business eluding, hail mary's the ball and the "Helmet Catch" happened, it was DESTINY!!!

Amazing, amazing game.
I've been a NY Giants fan for a very long time. We waited a long time for this one, and been waiting for a much needed championship post 9-11.

DESTINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maureen Souza
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 00:00
They arent 17-0.

They are 18-1!:D
Typo!;)

JCH77Yanks
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 00:13
You know after Eli eluded guys he had no business eluding, hail mary's the ball and the "Helmet Catch" happened, it was DESTINY!!!

Amazing, amazing game.
I've been a NY Giants fan for a very long time. We waited a long time for this one, and been waiting for a much needed championship post 9-11.

DESTINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen! NYC has a champion! This game will be talked about for the next 100 years!

nicksan
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 00:18
They talked about making history with the perfect season.
The NY Giants made history of their own.

You just can't write stuff like this up.
Are you kidding me? AMAZING.

Holy cow, I thought that Buffalo Bills field goal miss was a miracle, this just tops it...it was almost NY Yankee-esqe in it's miraculous nature.

Helmet catch, barely missed interception, 4th and 1...what can you say?

They were the team of destiny...and nothing...even perfection cannot stop DESTINY!

Amen! NYC has a champion! This game will be talked about for the next 100 years!

JCH77Yanks
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 00:18
I agree the defense should have been the MVP. They played a great game. That last sack sealed it !

That sack was the perfect punctuation on a night of some seriously dominant D! I loved seeing Brady get "mack-trucked" into the grass!

markubig
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 00:22
dont forget . . . .11 STRAIGHT WINS ON THE ROAD!!!! WHOOO!!!!

nicksan
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 00:25
Oh yeah...that strip by Tuck was classic.

That defense was UNBELIEVABLE...just amazing...the most important game of the year and they stepped up BIG TIME.

I thought they might come apart at the end, but they sucked it up and came though.

I think the testament to how great the Pats were was how the Giants sidelines looked, with 35 seconds left...they still looked concerned because they know 1 play to Moss could end the game. That's respect.

But again, the defense came through...the giant win...thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa GIANTS WIN!!!!

That sack was the perfect punctuation on a night of some seriously dominant D! I loved seeing Brady get "mack-trucked" into the grass!

nicksan
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 00:27
Damn right....History WAS made...yeah baby!!!!!

11 straight.
NFC Wildcard.
Manning -> Manning.
18-0 -> 18-1

Members of the 72 Dolphins better be at the Parade in NYC. LOL!!!

JCH77Yanks
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 00:27
To the G-Men! (Holding up my beer for a victory toast)

nicksan
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 00:31
G-Men!

To the G-Men! (Holding up my beer for a victory toast)

FZ1dave
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 01:02
The Pats won every single game.

Uh... no they didn't. ;)

You're going to tell me one friggin game is the end-all?

Apparently that's why they play the Super Bowl. It is actually the end all.

I have only one more thing to add...

CHEATERS PROOF!!!!!!!

:p

slappy sam
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 01:09
Okay, congrats to the giants for winning one of the sloppiest football games I've ever seen.

How many times did Brady get sacked? I'd say 5-6, but he also got knocked down probably 15 more times in addition to that. Moss was covered heavily the whole game and didn't really get to make any big game changing plays. Brady was clearly off his game, but with all the pressure to complete a 19-0 season, I think this is reasonable.

At least when I saw it, Brady's yardage and QB ratings were higher than Mannings. I'm pretty sure this went in favor even more for Brady in the last quarter, so to say that Manning had a great game is kind of ridiculous.

The giants got a few breaks - most notably Manning breaking that sack with a minute or two remaining... among other things (recovering most of their numerous fumbles).

I feel like the pats offensive line was the main problem for them. That combined with the outstanding defense of the giants was just too much pressure for Brady.

Yeah, an 18-1 season with Brady breaking all sorts of records, as well as Moss, isn't that bad.

CDickey
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 01:09
Typo!;)

Sorry I'm drunk.:p

markubig
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 01:25
At least when I saw it, Brady's yardage and QB ratings were higher than Mannings. I'm pretty sure this went in favor even more for Brady in the last quarter, so to say that Manning had a great game is kind of ridiculous.
255 YDS, 2 TD, 1 INT . . . the 2 TDs were in the 4th quarter . . . the last drive started with 2:40 left on the clock . . . Manning did it when he needed to . . . in crunch time. How is doing that to win the Super Bowl not having a great game? If you're a stats man, more power to you . . . I'm more of a WIN FIRST person. OK, Brady threw for 11 more yards than Manning on 10 more completions and he has the record for TDs in the season . . . Eli is holding the Vince Lombardi trophy this year!!!

markubig
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 01:33
BTW . . . Eli had a Super Bowl QB Rating of 87.3 . . . Brady 82.5

sorry . . . beer is talking at this point.

FZ1dave
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 01:36
How many times did Brady get sacked? I'd say 5-6, but he also got knocked down probably 15 more times in addition to that.

Yes he did. Seems pretty boy can't deal with pocket pressure.

Brady was clearly off his game, but with all the pressure the Giants' defense brought, I think this is reasonable.

Fixed it for ya. :D

At least when I saw it, Brady's yardage and QB ratings were higher than Mannings.

I bet Tommy boy would rather have the ring. ;)

to say that Manning had a great game is kind of ridiculous.

No, ridiculous is saying he didn't have a great game.

The giants got a few breaks - most notably Manning breaking that sack with a minute or two remaining... among other things (recovering most of their numerous fumbles).

:rolleyes:

Breaks are what the game is made of. If it was the Giants who came up short I bet you'd have a different view.

Yeah, an 18-1 season with Brady breaking all sorts of records, as well as Moss, isn't that bad.

Keep telling yourself that. :lol:

Belmondo
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 01:36
There was a football game today?

Who won?:rolleyes:

markubig
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 01:37

Who won?:rolleyes: Real Madrid:p:p:p

louwphotography
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 01:39

I'll give you that it's not that bad. However, I'm sure every team and their fans would love to trade that 18-1 season for a 12-6 season + 1 more win. :)

nicksan
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 01:42
Canon...

Who won?:rolleyes:

nicksan
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 01:49
Hey, weren't us New Yorkers supposed to be the most bitter fans?

BITTER.

So everytime the Pats lose, there was something wrong?
I'd like to see them win 200 in a row then...I guess they could, if everything that is SUPPOSED to work is working. LOL!

Yeah, the Pats frontline collapsed....collapsed by the Giants defense!

You want to talk about breaks?

The Pats had them too...toss to Plax that was overshot that would have sealed the game? 12 men on the field? Remember that nugget? Yeah, the G-men stopped the Pats twice on that drive. They spotted the Pats another 4 downs, and stopped them.

Sorry, this it a game the Giants snagged away from the Pats. It was a classic Rocky vs. Apollo game..

Okay, congrats to the giants for winning one of the sloppiest football games I've ever seen.

How many times did Brady get sacked? I'd say 5-6, but he also got knocked down probably 15 more times in addition to that. Moss was covered heavily the whole game and didn't really get to make any big game changing plays. Brady was clearly off his game, but with all the pressure to complete a 19-0 season, I think this is reasonable.

I feel like the pats offensive line was the main problem for them. That combined with the outstanding defense of the giants was just too much pressure for Brady.

steve535
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 06:25
The three most pissed off people in the world this morning are. Tom Brady, Tony Romo and Tiki Barber. Go GIANTS………

Becca
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 07:01
I'm a huge Pats fan and I have to say, they were just plain outplayed last night. My hat's off to the Giants. They deserved that win.

Karl C
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 07:50
Ol' Billy-boy couldn't wait to get off the field either. He should've known the game clock was wrong and that the Giants still had two seconds left, for a kneel down.

But what does he do? Run off the field...leaving his team to play without him for the last seconds.

What was he always saying? It's "SIXTY minutes" of football.

Guess it's really 59 minutes and 58 seconds.

:lol: :lol:

thekid24
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 08:16
Now Im just waiting to hear Chris Berman say...

THA G!!!!! MEN with a giant upset of the Patriots!

John_B
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 08:17
It was an awesome game!!
Close score the whole game kept us on the edge of our seats. With a half time of Tom Petty and then the Giants winning the Superbowl!!
Ohh.... it was great!!

Let's Go Giants!!!
They WON SUPERBOWL XLII !!!!!!!!!!
http://johnbdigital.com/misc/ny_giants.jpg

Grace
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 08:31
Now Im just waiting to hear Chris Berman say...

THA G!!!!! MEN with a giant upset of the Patriots!

I SOOO thought about calling you last night!!! lol!!:lol:

Go Giants!

GilesGuthrie
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 08:53
Eli was MVP? I thought he had a bad game by his standards. Whereas Strahan had an excellent game. It should have been him, but isn't it "the norm" to pick the QB of the winning team?

Whilst I have much of the second half still to watch (score was 3-7 Pats with 7 remaining in the 3rd when I conked out last night), but I thought that the Giants' defence was playing superbly, whereas Eli was having a bit of a shocker.

SuzyView
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 08:54
Hi, Kathy! How are you these days?

I woke up to the announcers saying the Giants won! Old news. :)

Grace
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 09:10
Hi, Kathy! How are you these days?

I woke up to the announcers saying the Giants won! Old news. :)

I am well!! "lost" in the world of potty training! lol!

BottomBracket
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 09:14
Eli was MVP? I thought he had a bad game by his standards. Whereas Strahan had an excellent game. It should have been him, but isn't it "the norm" to pick the QB of the winning team?

Whilst I have much of the second half still to watch (score was 3-7 Pats with 7 remaining in the 3rd when I conked out last night), but I thought that the Giants' defence was playing superbly, whereas Eli was having a bit of a shocker.

Actually, Eli played great if you go by his standards a few months ago. These past few games, we have witnessed him mature rather quickly into a most effective quarterback. There were times in the game when he should have been sacked, but he did a Houdini and managed to keep the drives alive, especially that miracle pass to Tyree.

You are right though, the defense was stellar in this game, they held the Pats to 14. Even Tom Coughlin figured that they need 28 points to win, but the withering pass rush defense simple overwhelmed Brady's offense.

BottomBracket
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 09:16
I am well!! "lost" in the world of potty training! lol!

Kathy, I didn't realize you were that young!

Mum2J&M
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 09:25
Hey, weren't us New Yorkers supposed to be the most bitter fans?

Yep, you are! ;)

So everytime the Pats lose, there was something wrong?

Yep - Brady had a sprained ankle.

I'd like to see them win 200 in a row then...I guess they could, if everything that is SUPPOSED to work is working. LOL!

Probably could considering they won every pre-Superbowl game. Can't exactly say that's a BAD record?!

Sorry, this it a game the Giants snagged away from the Pats. It was a classic Rocky vs. Apollo game

Like I said - the Pats were the underdogs not long ago. The Giants got lucky last night. So who was Rocky?

JMHO :p

Tandem
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 09:34
I almost didn't watch the game but I didn't have anything better to do so I turned it on just before kickoff. It was a better game than I thought it would be with both teams swapping the lead and neither team leading by more than 4.

The New England Pats joined last year's Hendrick Dupont #24 bunch as the greatest teams to not win their respective championships.

Chet
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 09:42
Like I said - the Pats were the underdogs not long ago. The Giants got lucky last night. So who was Rocky?

Lucky? That didn't look lucky to me. The game you are playing to win is the super bowl. Who cares about pre-season games. The Pat's would have been LUCKY to win. Brady should be sore today, maybe strap that brace back on. Possible share it with Belichick for that big inflated head of his.

The Pat's were beat.

BottomBracket
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 09:44
LOL, looks like the grapes are really sour in NC.

Grace
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 09:46
Kathy, I didn't realize you were that young!

ha ha!!! I should clarify! Potty training my TWO year old ;) :)

I told him if he uses the potty today Mommy gets the new Giants hat! Think it will work?

CincyShooter
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 09:46
Offensive line needed to really step it up here...I cannot stand Eli, and honestly I think he is overrated anyhow.

mom22
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 09:49
As a lifelong Packer fan I feel vindicated! :D The Giants have only improved week after week as it seems the Pats have been resting a bit on their laurels. I still don't understand why the Pats were picked by 12. With the Giants defense playing as it has the second half of the season they should not have been considered as big an underdog as they were. Remember, defense wins FB games. And the Giants defense proved that they were there to win. I believe they should have won the MVP slot.

I am not a huge Manning fan (lets see what those boys can still do in 10 years) but I have to admit I was on my feet cheering for Eli when he eluded the Pats defense for that big play.

Shame on you "Belicheat" for leaving your team alone on the field to finish the game. I had a sour taste in my mouth for him this year but now that taste has become unbearable. What a disgrace!!!!!

Mum2J&M
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 09:53
LOL, looks like the grapes are really sour in NC.

You have no idea how many people HATE any New York teams down here. Many of them wear Boston caps just because they detest the Yankees! LOL. Grapes aren't sour. Just trying to even out the playing field a bit. Otherwise, you'd be waving your in-your-face flags at no one! :lol:

Jethro790
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 09:55
The disgrace was the way the officials ran the game clock. If you watch that last play, the refs blow the whistle late, the game clock goes to ZERO and the game was over! Both teams rush to mid field and both coaches say thier congrats. That's what I saw anyhow.

danpass
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 10:11

aaahhhh ... but it's like workng all year to perfection to get that one (and only), exclusive-copyright-to-you, 30min session with the Queen of England.

Then BAM! All the shots ... they looked good on screen ... turn out to be out of focus.

:D

BottomBracket
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 10:13
.....Otherwise, you'd be waving your in-your-face flags at no one! :lol:

Actually, most posts here were praising both teams for an exciting game that went down the wire. If you prefer to latch onto the negative and need to step on the Giants to uplift your Patriots, then that's just you I guess. The Patriots have won 3 Superbowls this decade, and if you find it hard to concede one to a team that barely outplayed them, then tough.

Giants winnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

danpass
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 10:14
I don't care if the Giants had the perfect record.

I just wanted to see someone go undefeated!
:mrgreen:

My brother is ultra fired up though

BottomBracket
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 10:14
ha ha!!! I should clarify! Potty training my TWO year old ;) :)

I told him if he uses the potty today Mommy gets the new Giants hat! Think it will work?

Lol Kathy! I think a Barney hat might be more effective, but go ahead and get that Giants hat!

SuzyView
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 10:23
Anything think that commercial with Charlie Brown getting the Coke adorable? He never gets to kick the football, but he got the Coke. :)

shack
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 10:24
I don't care if the Giants had the perfect record.

I just wanted to see someone go undefeated! :mrgreen:

I already have....The 1972 Miami Dolphins.

danpass
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 10:31
I already have....The 1972 Miami Dolphins.

I didn't get to see that :cry:

nicksan
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 10:38
Soar losers are hated universally though...JMHO.
It seems like you are convenient in your facts.

Tom "Sugar Daddy" Brady had a sprained ankle? Ohhhh...poor baby.

Just one name for you...Plaxico...he had much more than a sprained ankle, and he has to run all those routes, wrestle with corners and secondaries, still manages to win the game winning touchdown.

End of story...

I think most of us give props to the Pats. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The Pats are an amazing team. 35 seconds left. Did you see the faces on the Giants players and coaches? They weren't smiling. They knew as long as the Pats had Brady and Moss, they were still dangerous.

That was the most nervous 35 seconds in recent memory with watching sports.

That should tell you about the respect level that the Giants and NY fans have for the Pats.

You have no idea how many people HATE any New York teams down here. Many of them wear Boston caps just because they detest the Yankees! LOL. Grapes aren't sour. Just trying to even out the playing field a bit. Otherwise, you'd be waving your in-your-face flags at no one! :lol:

nicksan
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 10:42
Kinda like getting good copy of the 24-70L...
Sorry...just had to get that in there.:lol:

aaahhhh ... but it's like workng all year to perfection to get that one (and only), exclusive-copyright-to-you, 30min session with the Queen of England.

Then BAM! All the shots ... they looked good on screen ... turn out to be out of focus.

:D

SoaringUSAEagle
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 10:45
That should tell you about the respect level that the Giants and NY fans have for the Pats.

Yep but the same cant be said about NE. Mr hillbilly walked off the field before the game was over. What a poor sport. Then the after game interview was just atrocious to watch. Okay so it wasnt THAT bad, but Bill was just a baby.

Just Be
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 10:46
Why not just say it like it is.

The Pats got beat up by a better team.

Eli has come of age.

P.S. I'm a Seahawks fan. Great game anyway.

As far as the undefeated record... If they were a college team they wouldn't have been rated number one anyway because of their at times soft schedule. They played the Dolphins for God's sake and nearly lost to the Giants in the regular season.

nicksan
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 10:49
He talks like his lips are glued together...he's like Al Gore times 100.:lol:

Yep but the same cant be said about NE. Mr hillbilly walked off the field before the game was over. What a poor sport. Then the after game interview was just atrocious to watch. Okay so it wasnt THAT bad, but Bill was just a baby.

Just Be
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 10:55

Unless you count getting beat like a drum by a 10-6 (regular season) Giants team on the most watched Super Bowl ever!

Can you say choke?

Records mean squat when you lose the big one.

You can't put a record on your finger!

danpass
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 10:57

I'd be super ticked off because of two missed opportunities; an undefeated season and the Super Bowl.

As far as walking away ..... and this is directed at a bunch of you who didn't seem to notice:

He shook hands with the other coach then walked off.

Why?

BECAUSE THE GAME WAS OVER ACCORDING TO THE GAME CLOCK!

As someone mentioned before ... the refs blew it with the clock.

I wouldn't come BACK onto the field LOL

nicksan
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 11:01
Except his players did go back on the field...

I'd be super ticked off because of two missed opportunities; an undefeated season and the Super Bowl.

As far as walking away ..... and this is directed at a bunch of you who didn't seem to notice:

Why?

Flo
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 11:03
I won 100 bucks going with the G's...sweet win;)
Lol.it was a great game to watch.

BottomBracket
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 11:10

Why?

The game ain't over till it's over ;) At least Belichick didn't elbow a photographer (who had a Canon) out of the way the way he did after a Jets game early in the season.

Karl C
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 11:21

Why?

After the incomplete pass, the clock stopped (or should've). Once the error was noticed and corrected, the game still had to be finished.

Sour Puss should've known better - he's been in the game long enough.

No excuse for his actions.

JimAskew
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 11:22
I "had no dog in that hunt" so I kicked back and just enjoyed one super fine Super Bowl! Congrats to the Giants on a marvelous win. Congrats to the Pats on a wonderful season and an most entertaining Super Bowl.

The real "losers" here are the Vegas bookies...I suspect that they lost their shirts, socks, and shoes :)

disneydork06
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 11:26
it's kinda like 10.5 :-P both teams were on the road but home field was with the pats...

welker had his own record in the superbowl. most catches made, I believe. I stopped counting and was on the edge of my seat after the pats last td

jonnythan
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 11:34
The Super Bowl is *the reason* they play the season and playoffs.

It *is* the end all and be all of the season. The Super Bowl winner is the champion of the National Football League. They are, by definition, the best team in the league.

There's no "well the Pats are the better team" or "well they went undefeated in the regular season" consolation prize. The consolation prize is "well, you made it to the Super Bowl."

BTW, I think it was classless that Belichek walked off the field when it was 100% clear to everyone there that there was one more snap that needed to be taken. I wouldn't be surprised if he were fined for it.

lhilg780
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 11:42
that was an incredible game!!! i am neither a pats or giants fan, bengals fan unfortunately :lol:, but i was happy to see the underdog win. i was on the edge of my seat pretty much the entire game.

jonnythan
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 11:42
Oh by the way.... who else remembers Brady scoffing at Plaxico's prediction of the Pats only scoring 17?

They didn't even score that many. I guess Plax was a little generous.

nicksan
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 11:47
Yeah, that was pretty classic.
Brady, kind of smirking about the 17 points.
Ha, ha, ha, ha...

And Moss...hey he's a GREAT player...but a CRYBABY.
At least he didn't start crying like T.O. did. LOL!!!

Oh by the way.... who else remembers Brady scoffing at Plaxico's prediction of the Pats only scoring 17?

They didn't even score that many. I guess Plax was a little generous.

danpass
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 11:49
The game ain't over till it's over ;) At least Belichick didn't elbow a photographer (who had a Canon) out of the way the way he did after a Jets game early in the season.

Those photographers are such pushy bastards though!

:p

I jest of course, not like the Nascar Hat Man who literally pushed me (agressively) out of the way as I was about to shake hands with Rusty Wallace.

It was soooooooo important to get "that" hat onto Rusty as he was getting out of the car. :rolleyes:

I wanted to kick that scumbag in the nuts, full force, and shove that hat down his throat :evil: .

ok, so maybe I wouldn't have shoved the hat down his throat ..............

danpass
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 11:55
One thing I was thinking about before was this:

Whenever the 2007 Pats are talked about, whatever the subject may be, the conversation will always end with

"but they lost the Super Bowl"

ouch!

not as much as the Bills going to 4 straight Super Bowls and losing each one though http://www.danpassaro.com/img/v3/p19079605.gif

oaktree
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 11:59
Super Bowl record: Terry Bradshaw (4-0), Joe Montana (4-0), Troy Aikman (3-0), Tom Brady (3-1), the Mannings (2-0). :)

Tandem
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 12:03
The real "losers" here are the Vegas bookies...I suspect that they lost their shirts, socks, and shoes :)
Vegas always wins. They set up the point spread so that an equal amount of money is bet on each team. The point spread is not based on the relative strengths of both teams as some people believe. Instead the point spread is based on the public's impression and popularity of each team. Since so may people wanted to bet on the Pats, the point spread had to be high enough to entice an equal amount of money be bet on the Giants. Vegas then pays the winners from the money collected from the losers and keeps the vig.

disneydork06
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 12:18
wow, a great game yesterday and now I have a free day to celebrate with a snow day :-P could this get any better :-D

Mum2J&M
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 13:47
The Super Bowl is *the reason* they play the season and playoffs.

It *is* the end all and be all of the season. The Super Bowl winner is the champion of the National Football League. They are, by definition, the best team in the league.

There's no "well the Pats are the better team" or "well they went undefeated in the regular season" consolation prize. The consolation prize is "well, you made it to the Super Bowl."

BTW, I think it was classless that Belichek walked off the field when it was 100% clear to everyone there that there was one more snap that needed to be taken. I wouldn't be surprised if he were fined for it.

Um... no. I really kind of believe winning every game up to the Superbowl deserves a little credit. :rolleyes:

nicksan
4th of February 2008 (Mon), 13:58
And I think most of us do give credit to the year they had. How many times do you need to read this?

THE PATS ARE AN AMAZING TEAM. THE GIANTS WERE THE BETTER TEAM SUNDAY.

That's sports for you...and that's why a lot of us watch, because you never know.

But you know what, this is like acing all the job interviews and not getting the job. Would you be happy that you did well in all of them except the deciding one? Do you pat yourself on the back and say "Hey, you did a heck of a job except the one that was the decider?" In the end, the most important thing in an NFL season is to win the Super Bowl. That's the goal. PERIOD!

Just ask Junior Seau. I am sure he would have given up the perfect season for a 10-6 season plus the ring. Absolutely, 100%, no doubt about that.

Look at how people talk about the Yankees. I love em', no doubt, but they haven't one the big one since 2000. They make it to the playoff every single year. No ring? Better luck next year it is...

Um... no. I really kind of believe winning every game up to the Superbowl deserves a little credit. :rolleyes: