PDA

View Full Version : Reading RAW files from HD


wpope
19th of June 2001 (Tue), 11:25
I use a CF reader off my USB. If I store the RAW files
on my hard disk then how do I get them into ZoomBrowser?
It does not seem to allow me to direct it to a file on
my computer, just a TWAIN interface.

Woody :p

gandini
19th of June 2001 (Tue), 13:39
wpope wrote:
I use a CF reader off my USB. If I store the RAW files
on my hard disk then how do I get them into ZoomBrowser?
It does not seem to allow me to direct it to a file on
my computer, just a TWAIN interface.

Woody :p


First advice: stop using Zoombrowser (Doombrowser!) It's slow, and stupid. It only "sees" directories it knows about, not all those on your computer. You have to keep updating or whatever it's called to make the program notice all the directories with RAW images in them.
I'd recommend BreezeBrowser (www.breezesys.com) but there are others, discussed here on the forum (Yarc, the TWAIN driver in PHotoShop, etc.)

cheers,

wpope
19th of June 2001 (Tue), 14:12
Are you saying I can read files from my HD with
the TWAIN in Photoshop? I presume what you mean
is that I could import direct from the camera with
Photoshop's TWAIN.

Yarc is ok but I don't care for the MSDOS prompt
window to run it.

I haven't tried Breeze yet. Do they have a free
30 day version?

Woody :p

ega1
19th of June 2001 (Tue), 19:53
wpope wrote:
Are you saying I can read files from my HD with
the TWAIN in Photoshop? I presume what you mean
is that I could import direct from the camera with
Photoshop's TWAIN.


You can read RAW files from your HD with TWAIN in any image editing program that supports TWAIN. When you import or acquire, the Canon TWAIN driver comes up and you can select "camera" or "my computer".

You must have both the .CRW and the .THM files present for this to work.

wpope wrote:
I haven't tried Breeze yet. Do they have a free
30 day version?


The trial version of BreezeBrowser is limited to 20 photos in any directory, but I don't think it is limited to only 30 days.

wpope
19th of June 2001 (Tue), 21:31
OK guys, I've ordered BreezeBrowser after I tried the free one. It looks really good.

But, none of my TWAIN imports in either Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro support importing
from the computer. If I'm missing something please tell me how to do it.

Woody :p

prosurfer
20th of June 2001 (Wed), 03:03
Install the latest version of Canon TWAIN, which added some features related (at least indirectly) to reading from the HD. I've never had any problems with importing to PSP though.