PDA

View Full Version : Looking for vers. 1.0.0.2

wpope
19th of June 2001 (Tue), 11:31
When I go to Canon's firmware update page there is
only vers. 1.0.0.1. I have read here references to
vers. 1.0.0.2. Where is it? Also, what did it fix?

Woody :p

Kid Moe
19th of June 2001 (Tue), 12:09
I know how to get the firmware. Go to:

http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/PSG1/PSG1_Firmware-e.html

and follow the directions.

However, I am having problems copying the firmware update to my camera.

I format the CF card in my camera.
I connect the G1 to power and USB.
Then switch it to PC mode.
Cancel the application pop-up.
Then run the utility that copies the file over.
It doesn't seem to do anything, after 1 second the program finishes (no "done" message or anything). When I switch to Replay mode, I can't do a firmware update, and only 24Kb got copied over.

Anyone else having problems?

--
Kid Moe

Sherman
19th of June 2001 (Tue), 12:53
Hi Kid

You should copy the upgrade firmware file to the card, and then from the G1 menu chose firmwareupgrade. I have done that today and it worked fine.

/Sherman

Kid Moe
19th of June 2001 (Tue), 13:34
My problem is copying the file over to the card. I don't have a card reader, so I can't manually copy over the files. The application provided with the firmware update, doesn't seem to work.

--
KM

gandini
19th of June 2001 (Tue), 13:36
Kid Moe wrote:

However, I am having problems copying the firmware update to my camera.

I format the CF card in my camera.
I connect the G1 to power and USB.
Then switch it to PC mode.
Cancel the application pop-up.
Then run the utility that copies the file over.
It doesn't seem to do anything, after 1 second the program finishes (no "done" message or anything). When I switch to Replay mode, I can't do a firmware update, and only 24Kb got copied over.

--
Kid Moe

Did it this morning, no worries. Read the instructions carefully. Don't connect the camera to the PC using the USB, unless you don't have a CF card reader. Without a card reader you are connecting to the PC only to download the files to the CF card. Then disconnect the camera. The firmware upgrade can be done without the camera connected to the PC.

With the card containing the files on it (in the camera it will look "blank" since there should be no images on it.) Plug camera into AC power, then turn switch to playback mode. Press menu button, it should show FirmUpdate at the bottom. Select, press Set and OK, Set, then wait...

good luck

Olaf
29th of June 2001 (Fri), 17:57
Kid Moe wrote:
My problem is copying the file over to the card. I don't have a card reader, so I can't manually copy over the files. The application provided with the firmware update, doesn't seem to work.

--
KM

I had the same problem with version 1.0.0.1. I have a PowerMac G4 computer and had downloaded the firmware update to my desktop. I couldn't get it copied to the CF, even though I followed the instructions step by step. I tried several times before I moved the downloaded folder to my hard disk icon. That helped, and everything went just fine from there on! When I updated to version 1.0.0.2 I made sure the downloaded folder was directly on my hard disk and not on the desktop (in other words: not in the desktop folder). Hope this will help you and possibly others with the same problem...

Lothario
2nd of July 2001 (Mon), 05:11
Which OS do you use? I had the same problem with Win2k - so I used Win ME ;-) to update the firmware. It worked without any problem.

Lothario

Kid Moe wrote:

--
KM