PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Proposal Photography -- free ad space

R. Lawrence
24th of March 2008 (Mon), 09:41
Hi everyone, I *hope* this is the right forum for this post. If not, please feel free to move it as appropriate.

I've been a part of this forum for quite a while now, and I have learned a great deal of information from everyone here. Whenever I need some assistance, I know that in most cases, it's just a few clicks away here on this forum.

Anyway, I wanted to let everyone know about a new venture that I'm just getting started with -- it's called Wedding Proposal Photography. For those of you that aren't familiar with it, it's a very new and growing segment of the photography business where people get candid photos taken of their actual wedding proposal. The person that is planning to propose to his girlfriend/boyfriend will contact a photographer that offers this service, and plans everything out in advance. This allows the photographer to capture some very candid and romantic photos of the proposal, without the other person even knowing.

As a professional photographer, I like to keep up with the latest trends. And after hearing about this a few months ago, I liked the idea of making contact with brides and grooms so early on in the process. Let's face it -- if you can photograph a couple's wedding proposal, you are very likely to get their actual wedding business. So, I created http://candidproposals.com (http://candidproposals.com/), a website devoted entirely to wedding proposal photography. This site enables people to find professional photographers that office this service. Photographers can submit their business information, such as their business name, address, website, and even an image (photograph or business logo). When people search for a photographer in their area that offers this service, their business info will be returned. It's basically matching demand with supply. Not every wedding photographer offers this service, and not every photographer that offers candid proposals does weddings. Sometimes it's difficult for people to find photographers that office this service. So, feel free to come over and register your business for free. I also have a forum where people can share their stories, locations, and everything related to wedding proposal photography. Both the website and forum are still in "beta". I'm planning to officially launch it within the next 2 weeks. So, now is really a good time to get involved with it. As of right now, it is setup to handle photographers in the United States, but I do plan to expand this to Canada and other parts of the world.

Lastly, I'm currently working on placing ads of businesses on this site (currently, most of them are images of my logo that I'm using as placeholders). Right now, all the ads are free. All you need to do is let me know if you're interested in having your business ad located on http://candidproposals.com (http://candidproposals.com/). Your image can be either a photograph or your business logo. It must be in "png" format, and sized at 180px wide by 100px high. I have limited ad space available, so it's on a first come first serve basis. All I ask is that you are a professional photographer that either offers this service, or will offer it going forward. Also, I encourage you to participate in the forum.

Hope to see you there!
Bob

R. Lawrence
25th of March 2008 (Tue), 15:46
One other note ...

If you have already shot a wedding proposal and would like to feature one of the photos on the banner image of Candid Proposals, please get in contact with me. I would be happy to provide your business with credit to the photo.

Bob

crackaonrice
26th of March 2008 (Wed), 23:22
Bob...interesting concept and looks like a great implementation on your site. Good luck to you on your endeavor.

I've added my business.

-Jimmy

crackaonrice
26th of March 2008 (Wed), 23:25
BTW: perhaps implement ZIP code searching instead of statewide. It makes it very difficult to find somebody local.