PDA

View Full Version : help - i am doing a wedding

slimsurf
5th of April 2008 (Sat), 18:12
hi

i normally shoot sport but as a favour ' i am doing my friends wedding any tips greatly appreciated.
1 what makes a succesful wedding
2 things not to forget to capture
3 any other hints
many thanks

bolantej
5th of April 2008 (Sat), 20:32
I have only shot one wedding...it was today.

1) Get shots of everything and everyone.
2) Wedding rings, kisses, hugs, etc.
3) bring lots of batteries and make sure the ones in the camera/ are always fully charged. I had my flash die on me just before the cake cutting. Also, keep plenty of memory on you, and change it if it gets near full, that way you always are prepared for the unexpected.

I don't know much, but plan to learn more soon.

Good luck.

RandyMN
5th of April 2008 (Sat), 20:45
It's funny the questions you ask:

normally shoot sport but as a favour ' i am doing my friends wedding any tips greatly appreciated.

1 what makes a succesful wedding

Fun, captured as the wedding couple and otherssaw it, with professional quality.

People can come up with lists so long you will never have time for everything if formal shots are being taken. The most important moments are those that capture the greatest memories. These change from one wedding to the next.

One thing I can say is that typical photo's capture the kiss, candles, vows, and introduction of the newly married couple. They also capture the bridal party coming into the chapel, exiting and getting prepared.

Most shots can be recreated afterwards and done more professionally than you are able tp captuer during a service that permots no flash.

Rings, bouquet, dress, tuxedo's, ring bearers, all that someone wnats to remember from their wedding are the shots you need to capture.

3 any other hints

jmp
6th of April 2008 (Sun), 02:12
1 what makes a successful wedding
- punctuality
- backup gear
- be alert
- positive attitude
- capture smiles

- family formals - absolute necessity
- the kiss

3 any other hints
- gps/maps - know where you're going
- anticipate moments

John Mottershaw
6th of April 2008 (Sun), 08:22
Spend loads and loads of time looking at established pros' websites to get a feel of what works and what doesn't.