PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi 4Gig Microdives $129! (MP3 players only!) :-(

defordphoto
23rd of November 2004 (Tue), 08:55
Link removed. As it turned out, this CF was for MP3 players only...They changed their description sometime after I originally posted this link

timmyquest
23rd of November 2004 (Tue), 09:05
OH HELL YES!

I'm going on vaction this december, this will be perfect!

defordphoto
23rd of November 2004 (Tue), 09:13
They only have 200 in stock this morning.

CyberDyneSystems
23rd of November 2004 (Tue), 15:11
Thats amazing.. :shock:

FYI.. the one in the photo looks to be an OEM card slated for installation in a device like an MP3 player...

The retail Drives have a different label... I do not know what this would do to a warranty.

Not that I'm complaining at this price... 8)

Just passing on the info. :)

defordphoto
23rd of November 2004 (Tue), 15:28
And warranty is via MDD and not Hitachi. They bulk purchased these. They did the same thing a couple of years ago with the IBM micros. They are new, sealed, never been used before MDs. They don't pull that BestBuy crap. I have been buying cards from these guys for three years.

merrrrjig
29th of November 2004 (Mon), 16:25
is it true that they dont work above 10,000 feet?

defordphoto
29th of November 2004 (Mon), 19:15
is it true that they dont work above 10,000 feet?

I have heard that, but never tested it. I have no idea.

chops
29th of November 2004 (Mon), 23:06
I just bought one today at work. It's the blue label one, not the generic white card. Anyway, I'm happy with it so far. I too do not know about them not working above 10k feet. Obviously, I don't have to worry too much about that since I live in Florida. :(

Cadwell
30th of November 2004 (Tue), 00:23
Did anyone notice the line immediately under the picture of the card? The first line of the description?

it says

"This Drive will NOT work in digital cameras. Only 40pcs out of 200 left as of 3:30PM 11/24/04"

They do have the blue label microdrive on sale for $179.99...

gtg
30th of November 2004 (Tue), 00:51
Did anyone notice the line immediately under the picture of the card? The first line of the description?

it says

"This Drive will NOT work in digital cameras. Only 40pcs out of 200 left as of 3:30PM 11/24/04"

good catch... this one is only for mp3 players or electronics like that.. not for a digi cam.. I almost bought one...

defordphoto
30th of November 2004 (Tue), 07:48

it says

That's not what it said when they sent me the email and I went to the site. Obviously people had bought them and complained! I'm removing the link...

CyberDyneSystems
30th of November 2004 (Tue), 09:49
It has to be a mistake On MDD's part.. there whole line of businees is equment for Digital Cameras...

These OEMs originally did work in Cameras too.. but after the "Muvo fiasco" Hitachi crippled them... they removed the CF card interface in the firmware and essentially made them ATA only.

There are a select few cameras in existance that can function with these cards as they have an ATA interface built in.. but Canon is not one of them (or Nikon)

Jon
30th of November 2004 (Tue), 10:24
He's certainly been good enough about keeping customers informed on the situation; he sent out an e-mail Sunday afternoon advising they needed to be formatted first, and yesterday afternoon that they wouldn't work at all. Since he says he's trying to get working units to exchange for them, and offering the retail version at essentially cost, I can't complain about how he's handling it. Seems to be a case of less-than-complete specs on the products somewhere along the line, and he got caught up just like his customers.

defordphoto
30th of November 2004 (Tue), 16:59
Thanks for the heads-up Jon as I have been buying cards from them for several years and they had always been good to me. Good to hear they're being proactive about it all.