PDA

View Full Version : CS3 & Bridge

Pete Gl
18th of April 2008 (Fri), 06:29
I Recently acquired CS3. VERY impressed with Bridge for loading and sorting (for want of a better word, but I'm sure you'll know what I mean) my pics.

Does anybody know if there's a way to automatically fire up Bridge as soon as my computer recognises the connection to my card/camera?

I know it's only a click or two to start Bridge before connecting my card/camera, but to let the computer do it automatically gives me a feeling of reassurance.

I have Vista

Thanks

Pete

PixelMagic
18th of April 2008 (Fri), 06:34
Adobe Bridge 2 comes with the PhotoDownloader utility which should recognize the presence of a camera/card and start up. I don't use PhotoDownloader so I don't know for sure but in Bridge you can go to File > Get Photos from Camera and configure Downloader from there.

Pete Gl
18th of April 2008 (Fri), 08:01
Many thanks for your rapid response Fedka.

I'm at work right now, I'll give it a whirl when I get home later

Cheers

Pete

tim
18th of April 2008 (Fri), 09:32
I have Bridge on my quick launch bar... it doesn't take long for me to click it.

PixelMagic
18th of April 2008 (Fri), 09:52
I just remembered that one of the blogs I read regularly just ran a wonderfully in-depth series on Adobe Bridge that you might find very useful. I browsed the section on Importing Images and it seems to suggest that you can use the Photo Downloader module in the manner I suggested earlier... that you can have it run as a background process in your Windows taskbar (I'm assuming you're on a Windows computer}.

You can read the series here: http://blog.epicedits.com/category/productivity/

If that doesn't work to your satisfaction, the method I use is a small software utility that works under the Windows hood to create/edit Autoplay events. Since Canon cameras are recognized as mass storage devices its pretty easy to set up a custom Autoplay event handler that is triggered when your camera is connected. But I'm reluctant to post detailed descriptions unless you're interested in such technical or geeky stuff.

Many thanks for your rapid response Fedka.

I'm at work right now, I'll give it a whirl when I get home later

Cheers

Pete

ssim
18th of April 2008 (Fri), 15:40
I am not sure about having Bridge start when you put in a CF card but I have Bridge start automatically as soon as photoshop loads. You can find this in your preferences file inside of Photoshop (CTRL-K).

Depending on the computer I am working on I treat a CF card as a drive letter and then use a file manager to copy the files across. I on my main computer I tend to use Dowloader Pro from Breeze Systems for getting the files from the cards to one of my drives. It has so many options that it will meet just about anyones requirements.

Pete Gl
19th of April 2008 (Sat), 10:53
If (http://If) that doesn't work to your satisfaction, the method I use is a small software utility that works under the Windows hood to create/edit Autoplay events. Since Canon cameras are recognized as mass storage devices its pretty easy to set up a custom Autoplay event handler that is triggered when your camera is connected. But I'm reluctant to post detailed descriptions unless you're interested in such technical or geeky stuff.

Not found anything else to work Fedka, so that small software utility you mentioned might be worth a look.

Thanks for pointer to that blog Fedka, it'll be useful for other aspects of Bridge and CS3 in general.

Pete