PDA

View Full Version : Saturdays Bridal Shoot

Stephie
21st of April 2008 (Mon), 10:52
Whatcha think about this? I've got a lot more to come but this is the only one I've edited. It looks a tad yellow..but I'm not sure how to make it not look green or blue w/o her skin looking red.

ponch85
21st of April 2008 (Mon), 11:06
How's this? There's still a bit of a greenish cast on it, but i think it's an improvement.

Alexajlex
21st of April 2008 (Mon), 11:06
Here is what I came up with

Before:

Alexajlex
21st of April 2008 (Mon), 11:07
How's this? There's still a bit of a greenish cast on it, but i think it's an improvement.

Very nice. I like this version.

Stephie
21st of April 2008 (Mon), 12:15
Very nice. I like this version.

me too. What did you do?

ponch85
21st of April 2008 (Mon), 12:33
me too. What did you do?
Just a simple Hue/Saturation adjustment in Photoshop and a mask over the skin and hair to bring back some color. To be exact, I eliminated everything off of the Green, Cyan, and Blue saturation and reduced the Yellow saturation to about -60. I also reduced the Red saturation to about -20 to give it some color balance. I may have lost a bit too much of color in the background, but it does give the bride some pop from the rest of the picture.

ponch85
21st of April 2008 (Mon), 12:35
Oh and I forgot to mention, it's a very creative shot. I like your style, Stephanie.

pixelharmony
21st of April 2008 (Mon), 12:35
Good fix, Ponch, when you mask over the hair and skin how exact are your maskings?

ponch85
21st of April 2008 (Mon), 12:41
Good fix, Ponch, when you mask over the hair and skin how exact are your maskings?
Thanks. I believe I used 35% opacity and 100% flow. I always start out with a low opacity and a soft brush so that I won't create any hard lines. I believe I went over twice with those brush settings to bring even more color out.

dmitrim
21st of April 2008 (Mon), 13:50
Whatcha think about this? I've got a lot more to come but this is the only one I've edited. It looks a tad yellow..but I'm not sure how to make it not look green or blue w/o her skin looking red.

I actually like it. I am not a big fan of photographers who have "orange skin" images,but I think it works for this image.
You can always try to disaturate it a bit.Photoshop--Hue/Saturation,sample the color and move the slider to disaturate the orange

Stephie
21st of April 2008 (Mon), 17:57
Oh and I forgot to mention, it's a very creative shot. I like your style, Stephanie.

Thanks! She is a very fun bride. She wanted Artsy photos so we got a lot of cool shots. I'll post some more later. We actually pulled up to this old pawn shop b/c it was painted turquoise blue and got some shots of her infront of the painted concreate. We actually just got in the car and drove around town until we saw something we thought looked 'cool'.

prilamai
22nd of April 2008 (Tue), 01:25
Cute capture!! I prefer Ponch85's edit of it..

silvex
22nd of April 2008 (Tue), 01:26
How is this adjus>match and -20 on master saturation...