PDA

View Full Version : Need help?? Question:

Reeforbust
9th of May 2008 (Fri), 10:38
Is there a way to look up a member by his real name?

I sold a lens to this guy and he sent me a cashiers check and I just wanted to tell him I got it and blah, blah.... BUT, My inbox was full the other day so I deleted everything to clean it up and I forgot to keep his PM so I don't know his user name.

I've got his name and address....

Reeforbust
9th of May 2008 (Fri), 10:44
Ok.... I just have to say that the internet is a great thing that is scarry because all you have to do is type in a little info and you can find out a lot of stuff about someone.....:lol:

Reeforbust
9th of May 2008 (Fri), 11:10
Nevermind... I just typed the name and address in Google and BLAMMO! Theres his phone number....... Scary

Mom27andblessed
9th of May 2008 (Fri), 11:12
very scary

gasrocks
9th of May 2008 (Fri), 11:18
Not sure I follow, understand the point.

Reeforbust
9th of May 2008 (Fri), 11:20
very scary

I actually had a girl that kept texting me about a guy and how her day went..... She thought she was sending it to her friend. I text back 3 times that she had the wrong number and she still didn't get it.

SO, I typed in the number in Google and with a payment of $4.95 I had her mothers name, address, where she worked, what type of phone it was....a lot of stuff. I called the mom and told her and she said she bought the phone for her 11 yr. old daughter so that explained why she didn't understand...

Just think if I was a crazy guy that kept texting her and had her meet me (Pretending to be her friend).... Thats some scary Shiznit.....:confused:

Reeforbust
9th of May 2008 (Fri), 11:25
Not sure I follow, understand the point.

I change my original post so it doesn't make sense....

I deleted my PM's and a guy that bought one of my lens' sent me a cashiers check and I had his address but no phone number and couldn't remember his user name so no way to contact him to let him know I recieved it.

I typed in his address and name in Google and found out his phone number...and where his business is ....

shutterfiend
9th of May 2008 (Fri), 11:29
I still don't get the relevance. What has this to do with "Lenses", "Equipment", "Canon" or even "Photography"? "Digital", perhaps.

Reeforbust
9th of May 2008 (Fri), 12:01
I still don't get the relevance. What has this to do with "Lenses", "Equipment", "Canon" or even "Photography"? "Digital", perhaps.

I Was trying to get him to see this and respond so I could get his user idea....

It has everything to do with an expensive lens finding its owner...;)

shutterfiend
9th of May 2008 (Fri), 12:05
I have to admit that it's very conscientious of you.

Reeforbust
9th of May 2008 (Fri), 12:30
I have to admit that it's very conscientious of you.

So thats a good thing, right? :lol:

shutterfiend
9th of May 2008 (Fri), 12:31
It all depends on the context ;)

Reeforbust
9th of May 2008 (Fri), 12:36
It all depends on the context ;)

Hmmmmmm.... I see...:confused:.....:)

shutterfiend
9th of May 2008 (Fri), 12:39
Hey! They moved you! I didn't ask them to. If I accidentally played a part, I apologize. Hope you find your buyer.

Reeforbust
9th of May 2008 (Fri), 13:47
Hey! They moved you! I didn't ask them to. If I accidentally played a part, I apologize. Hope you find your buyer.

He he... I got moved! (in my special Ed voice)

Found the buyer, cashed the check, sent the lens! Done deal!

zeva
9th of May 2008 (Fri), 13:54
its scarry if you type in a land line, google gives you directions to your house!