PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Bridge problem, need help

gary88
15th of June 2008 (Sun), 16:28
Usually when I double clicked on a JPEG in Bridge, it would automatically open up in CS3. Now when I double click on one, it opens up in MS Paint. I've been searching through all the menus and couldn't find an option to set this back to how it was before.

Any help would be appreciated.

PixelMagic
15th of June 2008 (Sun), 16:39
Start Bridge and go to Edit > Preferences > File Type Associations.

Scroll through the window on the right until you get to the JPEG file type. In the column next to the file type, it should show the application currently assigned to open that file format. To change it, click the small arrowhead on the right of the JPEG line and from the pop-up context menu, select Adobe Photoshop CS3.

You can also change it from Windows but its a little more involved that way.

gary88
15th of June 2008 (Sun), 16:44
Back to normal again now. Thanks!

echphotographystudios.com
21st of June 2008 (Sat), 01:09
Hello, does anybody know if I can post my own threads? I am new to the site.

My question is:

In the bottom of Bridge, it will say how many images I have in a specific folder and than is says that I have "hidden files". What are hidden files and how can I see them? Are they images that I have edited and might need? I haven't been able to figure it out!

Az2Africa
21st of June 2008 (Sat), 01:13
Just click on Forum Tools to open the drop down menu and select Post New Thread. From where you are reading this, you will only find thread tools. Go back to the main forum for this topic and you will see the Forum Tools.

PixelMagic
21st of June 2008 (Sat), 02:29
It wouldn't be image files because Bridge would display all the images that are in formats that it recognizes; which is practically all images. Most likely when you see the "hidden files" message, its in folders containing edited RAW files and Bridge is indicating that there are also XMP sidecar files containing the editing instructions for the RAW files in the folder.

If you want to see the hidden files use your file manager - Windows Explorer or Finder - to navigate to the folder and examine its contents. You can also right-click on any image thumbnail and select "Reveal in Explorer" or "Reveal in Finder" from the pop-up context menu.

Hello, does anybody know if I can post my own threads? I am new to the site.

My question is:

In the bottom of Bridge, it will say how many images I have in a specific folder and than is says that I have "hidden files". What are hidden files and how can I see them? Are they images that I have edited and might need? I haven't been able to figure it out!

echphotographystudios.com
21st of June 2008 (Sat), 12:38
Perfect! That makes perfect sense! Thanks so much.