PDA

View Full Version : Over Exposed....

Kristy
17th of July 2008 (Thu), 10:52
But I love it anyway...

She asked me to take her picture. She does that sometimes when she has some funky costume on.

Today it was a Zebra print bathing suit and a funky crochet hat. How could I say no. I grabbed my camera quick and didn't adjust my settings for the first shot.. Which of course is my favorite of the bunch...

So my attempt to rescue the overexposed.. I'll call it "vintage rose"... LOL...

and another one just for fun.

CC welcome and thanks for looking. :)

http://ksnyderphoto.smugmug.com/photos/333535583_Vat28-L.jpg

http://ksnyderphoto.smugmug.com/photos/333535672_Rye2G-XL.jpg

Zoodles
17th of July 2008 (Thu), 11:12
You were right to grab the camera and catch the moment!!
She's adorable and I don't mind the overexposed 1st image at all!!

kajawhit
17th of July 2008 (Thu), 12:15
How ADORABLE is she?? OM goodness :) I played around with the first one to see if I could save it for you. I think I failed:oops: But I came out with other ideas for you that maybe you could do in PS?
Honestly though I dont think it is that bad of a picture. And I have SOOOO done this with the camera before. Makes me mad mad mad:evil:
But yours isnt bad at all :) I should show you some of mine LOL
Here are my plays
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/kajawhit/gir-hat-3.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/kajawhit/girl-hatoriginal.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/kajawhit/girl-hat-bw.jpg

cluelessmom
17th of July 2008 (Thu), 12:45
oh my...if she issnt the cutest thing i've seen today!!! ;)

you know what, being a scrapbooker (oh yes, one cant have too many money-draining hobbies!haha) I dont really care whether the picture is over/under-exposed...as long as you capture the moment, that's all that matters ;)

FLiPMaRC
17th of July 2008 (Thu), 12:51
:cool: Cute kid.

I think the B&W works really well. Kinda "high key" ;)

Kristy
17th of July 2008 (Thu), 12:52
You were right to grab the camera and catch the moment!!
She's adorable and I don't mind the overexposed 1st image at all!!

Thans for the comment.. I agree.. the overexposure didn't bother me so much either.. but technically I've lost detail in her face... oh well.. I'm the mommy so it's okay.

How ADORABLE is she?? OM goodness I played around with the first one to see if I could save it for you. I think I failed:oops: But I came out with other ideas for you that maybe you could do in PS?
Honestly though I dont think it is that bad of a picture. And I have SOOOO done this with the camera before. Makes me mad mad mad:evil:
But yours isnt bad at all :) I should show you some of mine LOL
Here are my plays

THanks for the edits.. Nice of you to have a play. A little more skin smoothing that I'd typically do on a child, but pretty anyway.

I actually pulled down the exposure in RAW... it was pretty bad out of camera.. Sometimes we make dumb mistakes... :oops: It's okay though. This has a different look than most of my images, and I kinda like it. :)

oh my...if she issnt the cutest thing i've seen today!!! ;)

you know what, being a scrapbooker (oh yes, one cant have too many money-draining hobbies!haha) I dont really care whether the picture is over/under-exposed...as long as you capture the moment, that's all that matters ;)

YOu are so right.. I always remind myself not to toss everything that isn't just right, because I'm capturing moments and memories. Tha's what's most important. :)

Maureen Souza
17th of July 2008 (Thu), 14:41
YOu are so right.. I always remind myself not to toss everything that isn't just right, because I'm capturing moments and memories. Tha's what's most important. :)
I have lot's of over and under exposed shots...blurry ones too! They are all important moments to me and I don't care what anyone else thinks about them.

That said, she is also growing like a weed, Kristy (why do they do that?) and is as beautiful as her big sis. She has also gotten a lot blonder this summer. Just darling and I love the Vintage Rose :)

40piggies
17th of July 2008 (Thu), 15:05
Another vote for who cares about the overexposure... when I first looked at it I wasn't put off in the least... she is a darlin.

Kristy
18th of July 2008 (Fri), 00:39
I have lot's of over and under exposed shots...blurry ones too! They are all important moments to me and I don't care what anyone else thinks about them.

That said, she is also growing like a weed, Kristy (why do they do that?) and is as beautiful as her big sis. She has also gotten a lot blonder this summer. Just darling and I love the Vintage Rose :)

Thanks Maureen. :) She is growing.... too fast. She looks like a little girl now, and all the "baby" of her is nearly gone... so sad. :(

Both of the girls seem to blonde up some during the summer months.. something about the Arizona sun I guess. ;)

Another vote for who cares about the overexposure... when I first looked at it I wasn't put off in the least... she is a darlin.

Thanks.. :) I'm in the "who cares" club too. But she's mine so I was wanting to see if it was bad or not. :) Guess it was an okay save. LOL

Allnightquilter
18th of July 2008 (Fri), 15:47
It is a gorgeous photo. I wouldn't have admitted that it was an ooops. LOL
It's cute how she wants her outfits captured. She's a cutie.

rmr21
18th of July 2008 (Fri), 18:27
She is adorable, I like both shots. :)