PDA

View Full Version : Action shot of an action shot in progress....

Kent2
12th of January 2005 (Wed), 22:43
I was doing a shoot at Palomar Mt and saw this:

http://www.socalsportbikes.com/xmb/attachments/20725.jpg

Who is up for a GO?

Belmondo
12th of January 2005 (Wed), 22:53
That is really an interesting shot!

I'm not sure I'd have the huevos to do something like that.

blinking8s
12th of January 2005 (Wed), 23:27
i just want to know what its made of and how its mounted to the car so i can build it

CyberDyneSystems
12th of January 2005 (Wed), 23:54
2&1/2" galvanized steel pipe, Keeklamps, rotolocks and Cheeseburoughs...
the same stuff everything in lighting and film is made of ;)

Very cool shot :)

Moppie
13th of January 2005 (Thu), 00:33
That is an great shot!

i just want to know what its made of and how its mounted to the car so i can build it

You build it, Ill ride in it and shoot from it :cool:

blinking8s
13th of January 2005 (Thu), 01:04
2&1/2" galvanized steel pipe, Keeklamps, rotolocks and Cheeseburoughs...
the same stuff everything in lighting and film is made of ;)

Very cool shot :)

see, all the rigs ive seen have been carbon fiber...ive tried steel but it doesnt seem to want to support weight after i get so far away from the vehicle and mount the camera...i have to keep my rigs light though, and carbon fiber is way too $$$ for my broke college ass

Moppie
13th of January 2005 (Thu), 01:22
Have you ever tried shooting from the back of a ute? (pick up I think in the US).

The biggest problem with building a rig strong enough to surport your weight, is attaching it to the vechile.
Theres probobly 150kgs, including operater in the rig above, thats means it needs to be attached to the chassis somewhere strong enough to surport that much weight, suspended that far forward.

The Volvo in that photo has probobly been convernted into a permanant dolly car, and might have plates welded onto the body that the rig can be attached to.

I think the best rig Iv seen was another Volvo in a Brit car magazine.
It was specialy designed by Volvo for use by journalists testing thier cars. The whole boot had been removed, and replaced with a low floor and railings, it ran forward into where the back seat had been.

blinking8s
13th of January 2005 (Thu), 01:41
haha...i have enough trouble building them to support my camera gear (money is the main issue) and I dont even want to think about building one to support my weight just yet...but when i have the $$$ im crackin out the tools ;)

dewmuw
13th of January 2005 (Thu), 04:01
haha...i have enough trouble building them to support my camera gear (money is the main issue) and I dont even want to think about building one to support my weight just yet...but when i have the $$$ im crackin out the tools ;)
Have you ever consider a skate board and some rope? :D

Great capture - must make parking tough though!

Mills
13th of January 2005 (Thu), 07:31
Betcha could get some Bugs in your teeth doing that. :D

CyberDyneSystems
13th of January 2005 (Thu), 12:15
For weight savings.. the tubing in this case might just be EMT... ;)

Kent2
13th of January 2005 (Thu), 17:49
Glad you all like the pic!

I got some more untill they asked me to stop taking pictures..... I asked them to start with.....

Kent