PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous Tracks

DANxCORE
9th of August 2008 (Sat), 01:55
just a quick snap i found while walking the train tracks behind my work.
CC encouraged

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll167/danxcorephoto/162_6295.jpg

kenyc
9th of August 2008 (Sat), 07:05
No doing a lot for me. Sorry.

Yiskah
9th of August 2008 (Sat), 10:52
Creative idea and title. I love the photo, except I wish the toy gun was a little more in focus. The stark contrast of the muted tracks versus the brightness of the gun looks good.

DANxCORE
9th of August 2008 (Sat), 11:58
i focused on the track to make the gun slightly out of focus

xenomorphic
9th of August 2008 (Sat), 14:42
i focused on the track to make the gun slightly out of focus

And you certainly succeeded in doing so. Seeing as the gun is the most prominent element in the image, both graphically and - perhaps more importantly - semantically, I am curious as to why? :)

Other than that I like the angle, colours and contrast between gun and background (like Yiskah).

kenyc
9th of August 2008 (Sat), 15:04
And you certainly succeeded in doing so. Seeing as the gun is the most prominent element in the image, both graphically and - perhaps more importantly - semantically, I am curious as to why? :)

Other than that I like the angle, colours and contrast between gun and background (like Yiskah).

I'd be interested in hearing why as well, because as I said it does nothing for me as it stands, but I think if the entire image were it focus it could be much better.

DANxCORE
9th of August 2008 (Sat), 15:05
haha because its expected for the gun to be the subject of the photo. i thought it would be a bit more interesting to almost make it appear like it was just lying there amongst the scene.

kenyc
9th of August 2008 (Sat), 15:09
Apparently it didn't work. :)

DANxCORE
9th of August 2008 (Sat), 15:28
ouchh lol to each their own i guess

kenyc
9th of August 2008 (Sat), 17:03
ouchh lol to each their own i guess

absolutely! everything would just be boring otherwise.

Enjoy!

DANxCORE
9th of August 2008 (Sat), 17:06
haha thanks kenyc!

jsvphoto
9th of August 2008 (Sat), 22:50
I agree with the others - sorry. Did you take another shot focusing on the gun? I'd be curious to see them together...

I like the lighting very much, though.

DANxCORE
10th of August 2008 (Sun), 00:31
sorry i dont have another picture. i kinda just took the picture and didnt realize it was semi ok until i got home.