PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves

Pages : 1 [2]

Mark0159
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 03:35
We all have them. What are yours? They don't have to be photography related, btw.

One of mine:

The courtesy wave. If I let you cut in front of me in traffic, have the decency to realize I didn't have to at all. IOW, give me the wave! :evil:

now thats jsut daft, I wave is just like saying thanks. everyone knows that you didn't but you did something with out asking. a thanks is just being polite.

Ok, I guess this one really isn't justified, but it annoys me nontheless. People who call their wallpaper (on their computer monitor) their screensaver instead. Two totally different things. As a pc tech, it really annoys me.

ohh that gets me too. my mother does it all the time. every time I correct her she just gives me the finger.

People who hang up just AFTER the tone! Without saying anything grrrr!

esp if they do it more than once. voicemail is there for a reason, you know it's going to voicemail, what they can't hang up before the beep, it's really not that hard. grrr

Yer' my kinda' Girl BeccaNH.

Once had a woman remark that I didn't have to hold the door because "she was a woman".

I used my Dads response...."I did it because I'm a gentleman".

To this day, shes probably trying to figure that one out.

I do it to people in general, cause I am a nice guy. :lol:

ohh and one thing I really hate, people who stop 1/2 through a sentence, like they are too lazy to continue . grrrrrrr that really gets my goat.

Becca
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 05:45
Another peeve I encounter at venues like Disneyland are people pushing strollers. I don't know how many time I've had a stroller run over my foot or into my heel by some careless parent.

Oh yeah! And what's even worse is when they let the little darlings push the strollers themselves. They can't see over the handles and end up ramming them into innocent bystanders' shins. If I ever am forced to go to a Disney park again, I'm renting a stroller for self-defense!

20droger
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 07:48
Roger: Hehe...I forgot you were a "man of the robe". That wee antedote sounded almost like a scene from "Exorcist ":evil:

I'll remember to grab a crucifix next time i'm in town. :)
Robe! I don't need no stinkin' robe!

I detest it when people shove their personal version of a faith in my face. Especially when they come onto my property to do it.

If I'm in a good mood, I simply say "No thanks!" and shut the door in their face.

If I'm in a bad mood, I let them come in and listen patiently to their spiel. Then, fair is fair, I oblige them to sit there and listen to mine! Guaranteed that mine is better (and longer) than theirs.

Alas! My wife won't let me do the latter any more. She says it's not nice to destroy people like that. However, I still maintain that if they have the chutzpah to come to my home to try and convert me, they deserve whatever happens to them (theologically speaking).

thomascanty
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 10:41
How about this variation? I just visited Disneyland Monday and yesterday and had another of my pet peeves reinforced...

Wow! You're brave. There isn't enough money on earth to have convinced me to go there this past Monday. I don't do well with crowds like that. I heard there were 59,000 people there for the opening of Nemo. And Walt thought 28,000 was bad on opening day in 1955... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Groups of four or more people that are together and just abruptly stop in the middle of a walkway to decide where they want to go, effectively blocking the walkway for everyone else.

Yep. You can add that to my list as well.

Another peeve I encounter at venues like Disneyland are people pushing strollers. I don't know how many time I've had a stroller run over my foot or into my heel by some careless parent. These types are also notorious for abruptly stopping in front of you, especially those pushing a double-wide...

Oh yeah! And what's even worse is when they let the little darlings push the strollers themselves. They can't see over the handles and end up ramming them into innocent bystanders' shins. If I ever am forced to go to a Disney park again, I'm renting a stroller for self-defense!

I hear this one a lot on the MousePad and MiceChat forums, but oddly, I've never had this happen to me. Lucky, I guess. Another common complaint on those forums is people in ECV's (those electric wheelchair things) ramming you from behind, but again, it's never happened to me. Surprising really, since I go to Disneyland so often (several times a month). I've also never had a ride break down while I was on it. I must be really pushing my luck by now...

Guineh
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 11:21
I've also never had a ride break down while I was on it. I must be really pushing my luck by now...

You haven't lived until the boat in "Small World" gets stuck...

nicksan
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 11:25
I was on a crowded subway. The seat in front of me emptied. I gave way to the lady standing next to me. No thank you. No look. So, people who feel they DESERVE things that they get.

Co-workers who always interrupt you when you are obviously in a work-related conversation with another co-worker. Holy sh*t...that's annoying.

Bus rider who sit on the isle side of a double seat leaving the window seat empty. What's up with that?

People throwing trash on the streets, subway, bus, etc...guess who pays for cleaning up the mess?

Young punks who think it's OK to act and dress like gangsta rappers, and then complain that they don't get respect.

Adults who have no problems cursing around young children.

Smokers outside my office building. It's great that they can't smoke inside...but now they are concentrated right by the entrance to the building...hmmm...stupid idea.

Pancakes with no syrup!@#

thomascanty
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 11:25
You haven't lived until the boat in "Small World" gets stuck...

That's not very likely to happen to me. I'd have to GO on that cursed ride for that to occur...

Last time I voluntarily boarded one of those boats was in April of last year, and I only did that because I was showing a friend the place for her first time. I still haven't gotten that song out of my head...

rhys
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 12:13
My pet peeves?
You got half an hour?

Cordless keyboards (like the one I'm using) because they don't work very well.

People that stop and chatter in the supermarket aisles, causing me to go around them or refusing to move unless I ram them with a loaded trolley.

Civil servants - because they're so hide-bound. Let's just say that the perfect example of a civil servant was the guy who organised the death trains during ww2.

Anti-groups - the kind of people that want things banned for "safety" or because they don't like them. Example - the kind of people that want to ban guns rather than wanting to deal with the roots of crime, war and violence.

One-upmanship where people pretend to be better than others.

3Turner
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 17:41
Pancakes with no syrup!@#
I hate putting syrup on my pancakes or french toast....I'm getting nauseated just thinking about it. Guess I can attribute it to being so sick when I was young that the smell just reminds me of that time. Just loads of butter for me....or really light or fat free margine.

timbernet
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 17:49
I hate putting syrup on my pancakes or french toast....I'm getting nauseated just thinking about it. Guess I can attribute it to being so sick when I was young that the smell just reminds me of that time. Just loads of butter for me....or really light or fat free margine.

Just plain pancakes for me! No syrup or butter...

I do put powder sugar on my french toast...

thomascanty
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 18:57
No syrup? Ewwww. Heathens!

JWright
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 19:10
Wow! You're brave. There isn't enough money on earth to have convinced me to go there this past Monday. I don't do well with crowds like that. I heard there were 59,000 people there for the opening of Nemo. And Walt thought 28,000 was bad on opening day in 1955... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It wasn't my idea... My Disneyland-obsessed wife (she got it from her mother) wanted to go. I managed to convince her to skip trying to get on the Nemo ride and wait until we go back in September. It did have it's advantages, however. This is what it looked like in New Orleans Square at 8:00 in the morning on Tuesday...

http://johnwright.smugmug.com/photos/162975632-M.jpg

My wife and I are avid followers of your "Disneyland Mystery Photo" site. We were hunting everywhere to find that "Pets" sign you had up earlier in the week. I can't believe we went into the Animation Building in CA and didn't see the sign right next to it...:o

thomascanty
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 19:30
It wasn't my idea... My Disneyland-obsessed wife (she got it from her mother) wanted to go. I managed to convince her to skip trying to get on the Nemo ride and wait until we go back in September. It did have it's advantages, however. This is what it looked like in New Orleans Square at 8:00 in the morning on Tuesday...

Wow.. All 59,000 people were in Tomorrowland?!? It isn't very often that I see NOS that empty. I've seen it much more crowded while in the pouring rain!

The line for Nemo wasn't bad at all yesterday. I managed to get on it twice. I didn't have my camera with me, though. I was hoping to go back today for photos, but it doesn't look like that will happen now. Maybe next week...

My wife and I are avid followers of your "Disneyland Mystery Photo" site.

Oh! You're that John (and Heather) Wright! :D :lol: I hadn't even made the connection until just now...

JWright
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 19:44
Wow.. All 59,000 people were in Tomorrowland?!? It isn't very often that I see NOS that empty. I've seen it much more crowded while in the pouring rain!

The line for Nemo wasn't bad at all yesterday. I managed to get on it twice. I didn't have my camera with me, though. I was hoping to go back today for photos, but it doesn't look like that will happen now. Maybe next week...

As we came in the entrance Tuesday morning everybody was running past us to get to the ride. At the end of Main Street everyone was turning right towards Tomorrowland so we went left to Frontierland and New Orleans Square. I was talking to a geltleman later on who had early admission and he said the line for Nemo was already past the Matterhorn at 7:45 (before the gates ever opened to the general public.)

JWright
14th of June 2007 (Thu), 19:48
That's not very likely to happen to me. I'd have to GO on that cursed ride for that to occur...

Last time I voluntarily boarded one of those boats was in April of last year, and I only did that because I was showing a friend the place for her first time. I still haven't gotten that song out of my head...

My wife's supervisor tells the story of how, on a slow day, her son made her go on Small World six times in a row, without ever getting out of the boat...

We were coming out of Pirates when I found myself humming "Yo, Ho, Yo, Ho..." I mentioned to her that I was going to have that song in my head for the rest of the day. She said there was a solution for that... and the guy behind me started singing "It's a Small World..."

dancad
15th of June 2007 (Fri), 05:05
Your normally down-to-earth and equal-to-you work colleague who is on a sudden power trip because he is "acting supervisor" for a couple of days while your regular supervisor (who treats your team way more respectfully - including said power tripper) is away on leave.

Small insects flying directly into your eye.

When the only pen within reach is dry or drying.

Lights left on for no reason.

AC units left on all day throughout the neighborhood even with nobody home - and still not reaching heat wave status outside...and then hearing some complaining by those people after "brown outs" are imposed by the energy company after days of warning to conserve energy because of supply shortages. We never had AC in the house and we seem to be surviving so far...

Unleashed dogs in public areas - did I mention that one before? ;-)

Spelling Nikon "NOINK"...come on and just say it right, we know what it is anyway!!

thomascanty
15th of June 2007 (Fri), 05:20
Lights left on for no reason.

Would you please have a little talk with this idiot I work with? (I only use the word "idiot" because I'd get banned if I used the word I really want to.)

Unleashed dogs in public areas - did I mention that one before? ;-)

Boy, you'd really hate me. My dog is so well behaved, I'd be ashamed to confine her to a leash. She doesn't deserve that kind of humiliation, but I've seen more than my share of two-legged human children who do.

Spelling Nikon "NOINK"...come on and just say it right, we know what it is anyway!!

It's a joke, son. Get it, or get over it... ;)

dancad
15th of June 2007 (Fri), 06:30
Oh don't worry about that, I get it...but it's still a pet peeve, warranted or not. :-)

rhys
15th of June 2007 (Fri), 11:29
Ooh. Another pet peeve. Not being allowed to shoot stray dogs that crap in my front yard. If it's in my front yard and there's no owner on the other end of a leash I want to be able to shoot the damned thing.

20droger
15th of June 2007 (Fri), 14:50
Ooh. Another pet peeve. Not being allowed to shoot stray dogs that crap in my front yard. If it's in my front yard and there's no owner on the other end of a leash I want to be able to shoot the damned thing.
There's always the Taser.

If the dog were crapping in my front yard and there were an owner on the other end of the leash, I'd want to shoot both of them--owner first!

Scorpio
15th of June 2007 (Fri), 15:01
SPAM (the cyberspace kind)

Talk about someone wasting your time on a massive scale.

rhys
15th of June 2007 (Fri), 16:00
SPAM (the cyberspace kind)

Talk about someone wasting your time on a massive scale.

Spammers need executing, not just jail or fines. More than that, we should have international Judge-Dredd style hit squads roaming the planet executing them.

Or classify them as terrorists and send them to Guantanamo Bay after some extraordinary rendition :D

20droger
15th of June 2007 (Fri), 21:20
Spammers need executing, not just jail or fines. More than that, we should have international Judge-Dredd style hit squads roaming the planet executing them.

Or classify them as terrorists and send them to Guantanamo Bay after some extraordinary rendition :D
No. It would be better if we did something that made them wish, hourly, that we had executed them..

rhys
15th of June 2007 (Fri), 21:34
Nah. Just behead them and have done. Recycle the bodies to feed the poor in Africa (Soylent Green style).

timbernet
15th of June 2007 (Fri), 21:42
Nah. Just behead them and have done. Recycle the bodies to feed the poor in Africa (Soylent Green style).

Your sick! (though I am all for the beheading...)

rhys
16th of June 2007 (Sat), 10:34
Your sick! (though I am all for the beheading...)

Better than wasting fuel incinderating the corpses in a crematorium or wasting ground space in a graveyard!

manutd101
8th of September 2008 (Mon), 20:19
We all have 'em. So, what are yours? Personally, I hate it when people crank the volume of their stereo up far too high, and then play it whilst stuck in a red light. I want to have a bumper sticker reading "Yes, I do enjoy your tastes in music" :lol: What gets you?

S.Horton
8th of September 2008 (Mon), 20:27
People who run stop signs.

CrazieCricket
8th of September 2008 (Mon), 20:29
People who drive under the speed limit side by side on the hwy. You can't get past em!:evil:

manutd101
8th of September 2008 (Mon), 20:32
People who drive under the speed limit side by side on the hwy. You can't get past em!:evil:
I HATE that too :evil:

cdifoto
8th of September 2008 (Mon), 20:34
Peeve threads.

gjl711
8th of September 2008 (Mon), 20:38
People who drive under the speed limit side by side on the hwy. You can't get past em!:evil: Me three... But my real pet peeve is those at buffets that insist on piling their plate as full as possible sometimes nearly a foot tall with just about everything they can grab. I mean are these guys so lazy that they can't get their fat a$$ out of the chair for a second round? Yikes!!

Mom27andblessed
8th of September 2008 (Mon), 20:41
Dog owners who take their pets to the park and don't clean up after. ICK!

cdifoto
8th of September 2008 (Mon), 20:42
Me three... But my real pet peeve is those at buffets that insist on piling their plate as full as possible sometimes nearly a foot tall with just about everything they can grab. I mean are these guys so lazy that they can't get their fat a$$ out of the chair for a second round? Yikes!!
I load mine up with wings. The difference is I get my fat ass out of the chair for a second round anyway. I loves me dem wings! :cool:

S.Horton
8th of September 2008 (Mon), 20:58
Peeve threads.

R O F L

manutd101
8th of September 2008 (Mon), 20:59
I load mine up with wings. The difference is I get my fat ass out of the chair for a second round anyway. I loves me dem wings! :cool:
Mmm...wings and pork-fried rice :p

S.Horton
8th of September 2008 (Mon), 21:04
Polls about Nikon.

;}

gary88
8th of September 2008 (Mon), 21:07
-When people touch the windows on my car and leave fingerprints
-When people slow down to 10 under the speed limit when they see a cop

S.Horton
8th of September 2008 (Mon), 21:14
When my wife complains about how busy/stressed she is, after coming home from the gym in the middle of the day.:rolleyes:

saravrose
8th of September 2008 (Mon), 21:55
Waking up before i'm ready in the morning. The lost sock in the washing machine every single time I do laundry. The really dumb attempts that folks make trying to pronounce my name, over and over. Oh, and anyone eating my icecream. (Hagen Daz coffee in the pints).

Sari

greg20d
8th of September 2008 (Mon), 22:22
tailgaters (as in following to close on the highway) I want to get a bumper sticker that says I slow for tailgaters.(especialy when they are doing 80 on their cellphone 2' from your bumper)

Darsk47
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 03:51
crumbs in the butter

thomascanty
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 04:28

That's mine, too!

-When people slow down to 10 under the speed limit when they see a cop

Heh. Especially when that cop already has someone else pulled over at the side of the road. Like he's going to leave them to come after you instead...

20droger
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 07:29
tailgaters (as in following to close on the highway) I want to get a bumper sticker that says I slow for tailgaters.(especialy when they are doing 80 on their cellphone 2' from your bumper)
You need a bumper sticker that says, "Thank you for tailgating, I need a new car."

LeesaB
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 08:06
My Neighbors!

CubsAngel
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 08:12
Tailgaters really aggravate me... but they can be oh so fun to aggravate back (minus the tailgating, i like my front end like it is, lol)

People who don't use their turn signals bug the crap out of me too. Lol, and it seems that everyone (close to it) here in MA don't know they have those on their car.

thomascanty
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 08:14
My Neighbors!

Yep. That's another of mine. Your neighbors really tick me off. :lol:

LeesaB
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 08:22
Yep. That's another of mine. Your neighbors really tick me off. :lol:

Yeah, you too huh! I figured I was not alone LOL

manutd101
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 08:37
Tailgaters really aggravate me... but they can be oh so fun to aggravate back (minus the tailgating, i like my front end like it is, lol)

People who don't use their turn signals bug the crap out of me too. Lol, and it seems that everyone (close to it) here in MA don't know they have those on their car.
Well, you know what they say about Massachusetts drivers... :lol:

gjl711
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 09:02
...People who don't use their turn signals bug the crap out of me too. Lol, and it seems that everyone (close to it) here in MA don't know they have those on their car.
Hmm.. on Chicago highways a turn signal is an indication that you are not following close enough to the driver in front of you thus you need to hurry and speed up or they guy will cut in front of you. Basic rule is if a car can fit between you bumper and the car in front of you, a weaver will place their car there.

m3rdpwr
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 09:12
People who have their phone in their hand talking and can't turn their head enough to yield to my right of way.

All while holding a cigarette in the other hand and trying to stear.

I think hands-free headset's should be a law...

-Me

stathunter
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 09:15
People who have their phone in their hand talking and can't turn their head enough to yield to my right of way.

All while holding a cigarette in the other hand and trying to stear.

-Me

That is a good one. I was going to call in a drunk driver on the highway the other day--- pulled up by them. Found a guy with a phone in one hand, eating with the other and driving his car with his knees.........for miles and miles.

My pet peeve is people that don't use turn signals.......I am not sure why they put them on cars anymore---many do not seem to use them.

thomascanty
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 09:15

Come to California. It is the law here. It's still not obeyed, but it is a law.

m3rdpwr
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 09:18
Come to California.

I prefer the cooler weather, just not cold.
So I'm only happy a few months out of the year... :)

-Mario

thomascanty
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 09:25
I prefer the cooler weather, just not cold.
So I'm only happy a few months out of the year... :)

Not all of California is sunny and warm year-round. There are plenty of places you can go in the state to get snowed in so you don't have to go to work. ;)

Becca
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 09:55

Hmm.. on Chicago highways a turn signal is an indication that you are not following close enough to the driver in front of you thus you need to hurry and speed up or they guy will cut in front of you. Basic rule is if a car can fit between you bumper and the car in front of you, a weaver will place their car there.

I learned very quickly when I moved to the East Coast that using your turn signal was exactly that... a signal for the person you are trying to merge in front of to speed up. So if you don't use your signal, you have a better chance of getting into a different lane.

(I still use them, though... just ticks me off when the guy in the next lane who has been trailing 2 car lengths behind me suddenly gets a burst of speed to keep me out of his lane!)

thomascanty
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 09:58
Speaking of changing lanes. Another that really gets to me is when I have my cruise control set to 75 and I'm in the fast lane. I find myself rapidly catching up to someone who's doing about 65. Before I get too close to them, I'll change lanes so I can pass, and suddenly they're going 85...

greg20d
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 10:19
My pet peeve is people that don't use turn signals.......I am not sure why they put them on cars anymore---many do not seem to use them.[/quote]

I tell my kids they must not of put turn signals on cars that year:evil:

34Ford
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 10:44
Tv commercials:evil:

I hate when they say this program is brought to you, and then they go to the commercial. Its an ad that is doubled back to back.

Even when they show upcoming shows they have a ad.

gjl711
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 10:56

I hate when they say this program is brought to you, and then they go to the commercial. Its an ad that is doubled back to back.

That brings up a big PP of mine, the ads they overlay on top of the shows usually for other shows I could care less about. I have pretty much totally given up on watching any movie on commercial television because of those.

manutd101
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 11:21

This made me think of one of mine: websites with a ton of advertisments making it impossible to see the page :evil:

LuckyStar08
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 11:27
My peeve is that peeves give pets a bad rep.

krb
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 11:36
I've gotta agree with most of the traffic comments so far in this thread. Apparently "Slower Traffic Keep Right" is just too complex for many drivers to understand.

And talking on the cell phone is very often the cause. I don't know how many times I've been behind somebody who was in the left lane moving at a decent pace when they suddenly slow way down, sometimes even tap on the brakes. I'm expecting to see a police car somewhere but then I see them raising a cell phone to their ear. Then when they put the phone down they resume their earlier speed, probably with no idea how much the cell phone is affecting their driving and telling their friends that they don't need a hands free kit when driving.

wyntrsnyte
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 12:02
People that text or talk on the phone without a hands free device while driving and swerve into my lane because they aren't paying attention to the road!

Rude co-workers that interupt me or breathe down my neck when I'm obviously on an important phone call and don't have the time to talk with them.

SoaringUSAEagle
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 12:13
We all have 'em. So, what are yours? Personally, I hate it when people crank the volume of their stereo up far too high, and then play it whilst stuck in a red light. I want to have a bumper sticker reading "Yes, I do enjoy your tastes in music" :lol: What gets you?

Just get one of those air horns from wal mart in the party section and let em have it! :D

Peeve threads.

DOES THIS RING A BELL? USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION! (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=331559&) - Topic has been merged. Thank you.

My pet peeve is people that don't use turn signals.......I am not sure why they put them on cars anymore---many do not seem to use them.

I tell my kids they must not of put turn signals on cars that year:evil:[/quote]

They ran out of blinker fluid :D

34Ford
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 12:50
Blinker fluid, LOL

People drive in a fog.

Ever been going down the interstate for miles......watching the guy way up in front in the passing lane.

Then when you pass them on the right side they get over.:D

You woke them up!

m3rdpwr
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 12:53
Another annoyance I forgot to mention.

One of the roads I drive on is Route 30.

People see this and must stupidly think it says 30 MPH.
Because they do 30mph and totally ignore the 45mph sign!

That is annoying!!!

-ME

thomascanty
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 12:56
This made me think of one of mine: websites with a ton of advertisments making it impossible to see the page :evil:

Websites with a ton of Flash crap is even worse.

Just get one of those air horns from wal mart in the party section and let em have it! :D

They wouldn't hear it over the stereo. ;)

They ran out of blinker fluid :D

http://www.ldphotography.net/Smilies/rotfl.gif

thomascanty
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 12:56

That is annoying!!!

You should move closer to Highway 395.

SoaringUSAEagle
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 13:21
They wouldn't hear it over the stereo. ;)

http://www.ldphotography.net/Smilies/rotfl.gif

I bet they would.... Those suckers are loud. I want to do it to people who are driving with their windows down while on their phone too, just to interrupt their conversation!

thomascanty
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 13:26
I bet they would.... Those suckers are loud. I want to do it to people who are driving with their windows down while on their phone too, just to interrupt their conversation!

I used to have stereos like that installed in a couple old cars of mine. Believe me... They wouldn't hear it. Even with the windows rolled down... ;) I've heard those air horns, too. They don't come anywhere near the sound inside a car that stereos like that pump out. The car I have now has factory "premium" sound. I'd be willing to bet I wouldn't even hear a Wal*Mart air horn outside the car with this stereo cranked. I can't even hear police and fire department sirens with it only turned up halfway!

Now, people on the phone are another story. They will definitely hear it!

20droger
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 21:22

That is annoying!!!

-ME
That happens out here, too. The trouble is, it's highway 90.

ben4633
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 22:46
People who use CPL's indoors, or at night, or in the shade, and then wonder why their 40D sucks because it takes blurry pictures. And then you suggest that maybe you should take off your polarizer and they say, well I dont have anything to put it in.

Fade2
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 23:38
My pet peeve is people that use "YOUR" instead of YOU'RE.

Example: Your supposed to use that key.

It's: You're supposed to use that key!

YOU'RE DAMMIT! lol

OK I'm through! ;)

thomascanty
9th of September 2008 (Tue), 23:51
My pet peeve is people that use "YOUR" instead of YOU'RE.

Grammar peeves are so last decade... I used to edit an online e-zine in the late 90's. Things like that really got under my skin, too. I got over it.

neil_r
10th of September 2008 (Wed), 02:44
(This is a great thread BTW)

This is not a pet peeve but an observation.

My bet is that the majority of people who post in the "Post the most ridiculous comments you've received with a big lens on!" are under 25 years old and the majority of people who post here are over 25 :-)

Belmondo
10th of September 2008 (Wed), 07:18
(This is a great thread BTW)

This is not a pet peeve but an observation.

My bet is that the majority of people who post in the "Post the most ridiculous comments you've received with a big lens on!" are under 25 years old and the majority of people who post he re are over 25 :-)

Good observation, Neil. I might also add that I suspect a great many of the posts in the 'ridiculous comments' thread are pure fiction.

thomascanty
10th of September 2008 (Wed), 07:22
My bet is that the majority of people who post in the "Post the most ridiculous comments you've received with a big lens on!" are under 25 years old and the majority of people who post he re are over 25 :-)

I've posted in both threads. Where does that put me? :confused:

neil_r
10th of September 2008 (Wed), 07:25
I've posted in both threads. Where does that put me? :confused:

I always suspected that there was a touch of the "Peter Pan" about you ;-)

greg20d
10th of September 2008 (Wed), 08:54

That is annoying!!!

-ME

I tried that on hiway 99

gjl711
10th of September 2008 (Wed), 09:05
I tried that on hiway 99
HmmmÖ I drive 355 every day. Thatís going to be a tough one. Maybe strap a few JATO units.

Fade2
11th of September 2008 (Thu), 01:23
Grammar peeves are so last decade... I used to edit an online e-zine in the late 90's. Things like that really got under my skin, too. I got over it.

Well welcome to 1997!
I still can't stand it. lol
You'd think grown folks would know better!

Belmondo
11th of September 2008 (Thu), 10:28
HmmmÖ I drive 355 every day. Thatís going to be a tough one. Maybe strap a few JATO units.

You can believe the next time I'm in the Bay Area, I'm staying off Interstate 880.

gjl711
11th of September 2008 (Thu), 10:41
You can believe the next time I'm in the Bay Area, I'm staying off Interstate 880.Scotty.. I need more power.

krb
11th of September 2008 (Thu), 10:47
You are the fourth in line in the left turn lane(you can turn only on the arrow), and the car in front (driver on cell phone, putting on make-up, lighting cigarette, text messaging etc.) hesitates when the arrow comes on, and only three cars get through. Is this common only in LA?
Happens -far- too often here in northern VA. Worst part is that the person causing the problem usually runs the red so they're able to get down the road and it's only the people behind them who are stuck at the light wasting gas.

20droger
11th of September 2008 (Thu), 20:11
Scotty.. I need more power.
Ya canna break the laws of physics, Captain!

Belmondo
11th of September 2008 (Thu), 20:21
FedEx----when you can't get a delivery time window, so you cancel everything to stay home because a signature is required. They show up at 5:30pm, and you've blown the whole day.

20droger
11th of September 2008 (Thu), 23:01
The delivery window around here for both UPS and FedEx is 8:00 am to 7:00 pm. And they stand by that!

It helps if you know your UPS man personally, and he calls you to say when he'll be in your area.

TheReal7
12th of September 2008 (Fri), 02:57
Billie Mays and Zorbeez. :evil::evil::evil:

DunnoWhen
12th of September 2008 (Fri), 03:45
Well welcome to 1997!
I still can't stand it. lol
You'd think grown folks would know better!

I'll raise you an "Off Of".

Belmondo
12th of September 2008 (Fri), 05:27
HeadOn, applied directly to the forehead.

NZDoug
12th of September 2008 (Fri), 06:26
Aviation photos of weapons of mass destruction with flags and happy children. ;)

wyntrsnyte
12th of September 2008 (Fri), 08:30
FedEx----when you can't get a delivery time window, so you cancel everything to stay home because a signature is required. They show up at 5:30pm, and you've blown the whole day.

I've taped a signed note to my door saying "FedEx delivery - please take this as authorization to leave my package by the door" and they leave it for me. Not sure where you live (knock on wood - I haven't had any problems with packages "mysteriously" disappearing by me) but you could aways give that a try next time...

Belmondo
12th of September 2008 (Fri), 10:31
I've taped a signed note to my door saying "FedEx delivery - please take this as authorization to leave my package by the door" and they leave it for me. Not sure where you live (knock on wood - I haven't had any problems with packages "mysteriously" disappearing by me) but you could aways give that a try next time...

I'e tried that, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It all depends on the driver.

I've never lost anything off my porch. Ironically, I've had some very expensive items left there without them getting my signature, including my 1Ds Mk II when Canon sent it back to me after replacing the shutter.