PDA

View Full Version : Oh Baby with the Expressive Eyes...

Kristy
26th of September 2008 (Fri), 10:59
Just a few snaps of a little guy that I was caring for the other day.....

I love his huge expressive eyes. :)

For some reason I couldn't get the white balance right on the last shot, it looks off on my screen. What do you think?

CC welcome and thanks for looking! :D

HAPPY FRIDAY

http://ksnyderphoto.smugmug.com/photos/380309951_vMPrt-L-1.jpg

http://ksnyderphoto.smugmug.com/photos/380309908_C8xwP-XL-1.jpg

sevillafox
26th of September 2008 (Fri), 11:02
Aww....I bet his mommy loves having a photog for a care taker! That blanket in the second one looks SO cozy!

KatiaShermanPhotography
26th of September 2008 (Fri), 11:20
VERY ADORABLE!!!! the last one though looked a bit flat...i did more contrast and levels on it

well since you ask for CC...the first one looks a bit too gray and flat a bit...my eyes see solid grey color...there is not much "depth" i guess...mayby using more contrast and curves/level will do?
this is my play with #2...
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e157/miss_moscow_russia/boy.jpg

Jeaucl
26th of September 2008 (Fri), 11:50
He is a cutie, I am partial to the first one, I like the B&W, but I think both are good.

Kristy
26th of September 2008 (Fri), 12:18
VERY ADORABLE!!!! the last one though looked a bit flat...i did more contrast and levels on it

well since you ask for CC...the first one looks a bit too gray and flat a bit...my eyes see solid grey color...there is not much "depth" i guess...mayby using more contrast and curves/level will do?
this is my play with #2...

thanks for the edit... I did reduce the color just a bit because there was too much yellow in it. I'm terrible at color correction. I didn't bump the curves much more than I did because I hate hot spots on little faces, but maybe if I
increase the shadows a bit more that will work...

Anyway, it's just a snapshot so I'm not obsessing about it. I always love other people's perspective on things. Helps me to see outside of my little box. lol. :)

He is a cutie, I am partial to the first one, I like the B&W, but I think both are good.

Thanks! I love B&W too, but his eyes are so pretty in color that I had to do do one in color. :)

metalpam
26th of September 2008 (Fri), 12:26
Soooo cute. Great capture.

Lunajen
26th of September 2008 (Fri), 18:40
very cute!! But your shots always are... :)

FocalPrincess
26th of September 2008 (Fri), 21:12
He is absolutely adorable, and the shots are well done! I do like Katia's edit to it, but I'm not sure what it is about it that I like. I'm not quite good enough at picking things out like that just yet.

And just totally off topic, I love that you at least have a diaper cover over his diaper, if its not cloth. Pet peeve of mine to see a paper diaper in a photo. ;) Looks like advertising or something even if not meant to be.

NSG40D
26th of September 2008 (Fri), 22:53
I like them, and the edits. Only Nit is that to me the first one has the look of overprocessed eyes. Anyone else agree?

Kristy
27th of September 2008 (Sat), 02:11
Soooo cute. Great capture.

:) thanks... When he fell asleep, I set him in a bean bag and scooted it near the window. :)

very cute!! But your shots always are...

Thanks Jen... :) I see you're on Flickr now.. I'm going to have to take a peek. :)

He is absolutely adorable, and the shots are well done! I do like Katia's edit to it, but I'm not sure what it is about it that I like. I'm not quite good enough at picking things out like that just yet.

And just totally off topic, I love that you at least have a diaper cover over his diaper, if its not cloth. Pet peeve of mine to see a paper diaper in a photo. Looks like advertising or something even if not meant to be.

Thanks Doodle... ;) The diaper cover is actually the onesie he was wearing.. I just pulled it down and rolled it and tucked it behind him. I'm not into diapers either.. I need to buy some white diaper covers but I can never remember. Ebay.... here I come! :)

I liek them, and the edits. Only Nit is that to me the first one has the look of overprocessed eyes. Anyone else agree?

Yeah... It seems that way, but I don't think I did that much to the eyes. He really has amazing eyes. And my DOF on this shot was thin... so the rest of him faded away pretty quickly. I'll have to pull up the original and compare. When I have some free time, I'll post it up without any pp to the eyes and we can compare. :) I do have a habit of making eyes too sparkly sometimes though.. so I could be guilty. ;)

AndreaBFS
27th of September 2008 (Sat), 03:57
Really cute. The second is my favorite -- he has a very wise look about him. :)

christyjo2
27th of September 2008 (Sat), 14:26
Beautiful baby, and great shots. 2nd one does seem a bit flat in color, but beautiful none the less!

Maureen Souza
27th of September 2008 (Sat), 23:06
You've done it again, Kristy...amazing eyes!!! He is a real cutie!

Kristy
29th of September 2008 (Mon), 12:14
Thanks for the comments ladies... :)

He really is a beautiful baby.... I'm sure there will be more of this little
guy in the future as I will begin caring for him full time starting today. :)

Flo
29th of September 2008 (Mon), 21:44
He is beautiful Kristy, you captured him perfectly.