PDA

View Full Version : Dolichopid fly maybe ??

bandit 1
29th of September 2008 (Mon), 11:20
Hiya All,

Just taken a break from my trench digging :rolleyes: & looking through my vast array of shots ( not ) I find I've forgotten to post this little Fly, Dolichopid I think, never seem to be able to get my head around all the different type of crap guzzlers :lol:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i318/bandit1_2006/dolichopidflytwo.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i318/bandit1_2006/dolichopidfly.jpg

Well I'd best get back to the digging as we have rain forecast damn it

Cheers for now
Mark

LindaB
29th of September 2008 (Mon), 11:27
Dont know what fly it is Mark, but they are jolly good pics of it. I like the first one best.

Linda

Attic
29th of September 2008 (Mon), 11:27
It looks a little sad if you ask me, nice clear shots though Mark. I agree about the flies, too damn many to choose from. ;)

LordV
29th of September 2008 (Mon), 11:51
Good ones Mark- does look like one of the smaller dolichopids - have you chopped it off at the knees- seems to have short legs for a long legged fly :)

Brian V.

bandit 1
29th of September 2008 (Mon), 15:45
Hiya Linda, Alby, Brian,

Many thanks for your kind words & comments,

Brian,
Now you come to mention it, it does look a bit like I chopped em off, guess it must have had them splayed :lol:

Cheers for now
Mark

spidermanrbryce2006
30th of September 2008 (Tue), 15:17
Great shot!

bandit 1
1st of October 2008 (Wed), 02:27
Hiya Bryce,

Many thanks for your kind words & comments, we seem to be back too good ol Autumnal British weather here at the mo, gales & rain for the last 36 hrs, no shooting for me just up to my armpits in muck & mud digging a trench for my new water main, damn I forgot how hard it is to swing a Pick Axe one handed, thought holding a camera was bad enough :lol::lol:

Cheers for now
Mark

Dalantech
2nd of October 2008 (Thu), 08:27
Crap guzzler -LMAO! :D

Excellent shots!

bandit 1
2nd of October 2008 (Thu), 13:29
Hiya DT,

Many thanks for your kind words & comments, glad you liked my description of a Fly :lol::lol:

Cheers for now
Mark

wabbit
2nd of October 2008 (Thu), 17:00
nice shots. I laughed at the "crap guzzler" too.

bandit 1
3rd of October 2008 (Fri), 04:46
Hiya Rab,

Many thanks for your kind words & comments, :lol:

Cheers for now
Mark

acchildress
3rd of October 2008 (Fri), 22:41
Nice work you did while taking a break from you back breaking work.

bandit 1
7th of October 2008 (Tue), 06:01
Hiya Acchildress,

Many thanks for your kind words & comments,

So sorry for not replying sooner but I'm still digging away, I feel like one of those tunnelers in the ' Great Escape' as the gap between my floorboards & ground is only 16 inches, think I'll change my name from 'Bandit' to the 'Mole' at this rate :lol:

Cheers for now
Mark