CrazieCricket
6th of October 2008 (Mon), 11:04
awwwwww he does look sad:( Nice pic!

ebondanes
6th of October 2008 (Mon), 11:39
Lovely, lovely, lovely blue Dane.

puttycat
6th of October 2008 (Mon), 12:47
I would have called mine Eyore of I knew how sad they look all the time. He just looks like he had a very rough day.

jverran
6th of October 2008 (Mon), 19:48
Thank you all,

He was at a vendor booth at the Michigan Reniassance Festival. Very huge very blue, and extremely friendly!

Bilsen
6th of October 2008 (Mon), 20:17
That is just a great frame and terrific expression.

I would suggest just a little Unsharp Mask, some Curves to get her blue and the slightest Brightness/Contrast adjustment.

Something Like This
http://www.pbase.com/image/104191702.jpg

Good shoot.

ebondanes
7th of October 2008 (Tue), 06:09
Nice edit, John. Maybe just a tinge too sharp. Blue Danes can run the gamut of greyish blue all the way to gun metal blue like this. You have to be careful about overdoing bringing blue out because I don't think this one is quite that blue, and if it were a shot for the owner of the dog, they might not like the dog being made bluer than it is. That being said, I think the gun metal blue you got is absolutely striking.

Bilsen
7th of October 2008 (Tue), 10:34
You're the danes expert Julie so I defer to you on this.

The OP can always Color Balance his way to what he saw.

jverran
8th of October 2008 (Wed), 20:12
Thanks to all for the comments, you're right Julie he was a little more greyish than blue, John, thanks for the unsharp tip I'm gonna play around with that. I'm still trying to locate the owner so I can give them a print of him. He is a very friendly and beautiful shop-pup.

I'm really jonesin' for 5D MKII :)

Transfer
8th of October 2008 (Wed), 22:12
I would be sad too if I were wearing a floor rug! Just kidding. I like the photo and I agree some little edits could be useful here. I do like the warmth of the original though.

Bilsen
9th of October 2008 (Thu), 09:07
Now a question for you jverran.

I see you use a cactus radio trigger and a 430EX. How does that work? How do you connect to the 430EX? Is it reliable indoors?

Thanks.

BTW, here's a "grayer" blue dog:
http://www.pbase.com/image/104301746.jpg

jverran
11th of October 2008 (Sat), 00:24
John,

jverran
11th of October 2008 (Sat), 00:38
John,
Whoops! :)
The cactus remote were someting I found to be a challenge. They are kind of Jekyll & Hyde in that when they worked it was pretty nice having no wires or relying on IR, however, when they misbehaved it was brutal. The amount of misfires and nofires made them more pain than their worth. Shooting non-human subjects was ok but when the 430's are going off like the papparazzi it can be distracting. :)
I connected via hotshoe and mounted conveniently to an xtra tripod which was cool for moving the flashes around but like I said too many misfires.

I understand the boys over at alien bee have a radio remote offering called the cyber sync, I'm thinking bout paying them a visit....

Cheers, JohnV.

Bilsen
11th of October 2008 (Sat), 12:48
Thanks JV. I'm going with you.