PDA

View Full Version : My boys...

adysko
30th of September 2008 (Tue), 17:32
I have active 3 boys boys (1,3 &5) and most of the time it is next to impossible to get them all in one photo. However, sometimes there is a moment of tranquil harmony between them when they all seem to enjoy being close together and do not run like mad for a moment. Whenever this happens I run for the camera but most of the time it is too late. This is one of these rare occasions when I was lucky enough to have my camera handy. I am not sure if I should have tried to make them all look at the camera. What do you think? All comments welcome.

http://adam.dysko.org/photos/IMG_2812a.JPG

caredock
30th of September 2008 (Tue), 17:49
Beautiful picture! I love it. I hear you about getting all your kids in a picture...happy and content. I have 4 and well, the only group pictures I do is before Christmas for cards...and that's usually tons of work, lots of bribing and lots of "are we done yet" ..LOL

Great capture. Even though they aren't looking at the camera..you see their smiles and the joy on their face...even though it might have been for a millisecond...LOL

adysko
30th of September 2008 (Tue), 18:13
Thanks for the nice comment, caredock. I see you have some insight into family photography :)
Smiles in all 3 faces at the same time is indeed a rare occasion and it doesn't usually last very long. At this age bribing doesn't usually work either but thanks for the hint. May be useful in the future. :)

christyjo2
30th of September 2008 (Tue), 18:26
Very cute picture! I have 4 kids as well ages 4,3,2 and 4 months...and I dont ever expect to get them all looking at the camera at once, much less looking AND smiling.

adysko
30th of September 2008 (Tue), 18:59
4,3,2 and 4 months!? That is something! Congratulations. Seems like I am a really slow developer in here... by the way, our No 4 is on the way but not before next April. I think Canon should start developing toddler tracking AF algorithm in the next generation DSLRs to beat the competition. Sports photography seems a piece of cake by comparison :)
The closest I ever got to three smiles looking a me is this one but I do not particularly like it as the sun is too harsh I think.
http://adam.dysko.org/photos/IMG_3029a.JPG

AndreaBFS
30th of September 2008 (Tue), 19:45
The first one is really nice. I only have 2 and I have never gotten one I like with both of them that doesn't have some big glaring issue that ruins it!

adysko
1st of October 2008 (Wed), 04:55
The first one is really nice. I only have 2 and I have never gotten one I like with both of them that doesn't have some big glaring issue that ruins it!

Thanks for this. I feel much better now :)
I do have plenty of individual shots which are nice but I have always struggled to get them to do something together. My wife favours matching clothes most of the time and I think they look really great so it is always a temptation to reach for the camera. Three 'objects' can potentially make for a great composition (if they were not moving so fast) :)
Here is one more example I quite like (apart from a wonky horizon)

http://adam.dysko.org/photos/IMG_4407a.JPG

gwc1023
2nd of October 2008 (Thu), 00:03
I think you did great! I have three as well - 6, 3 and 16 months, and I just took them out yesterday (by myself, what was I thinking?!!?) to do fall pictures. I got a couple of decent ones individually, but nothing of the three of them - it really is just impossible! I keep telling myself that these 'natural' pictures will be appreciated as they get older. ;)

adysko
2nd of October 2008 (Thu), 16:01
Thank you for your comment gwc1023. I also do hope they will appreciate my efforts one day ;)
I was just wondering if I should turn this thread into a challenge. Something like post-the-best-picture-of-your-3-or-more-kids-together kind of thing ;). Anyone?

pretzelhead
3rd of October 2008 (Fri), 19:52
I like all of them, but that last one is great! You'll never be able to get a shot like that again!

Maureen Souza
3rd of October 2008 (Fri), 20:42
You did a great job! That beach shot is priceless...it belongs on the wall :)

adysko
4th of October 2008 (Sat), 18:02
Thanks for the comments pretzelhead and Maureen.
I am planning to do some large prints for the wall but at the moment I do not have a good enough printer and my attempts with a few popular photo labs have not been very successful either. I am planning to buy an A3 printer but the budget is tight and there are always soooo many things you would like to buy for your camera that sometimes it is hard to get priorities right :confused:
A couple more from the same day. Although this was August it was rather freezing in Scotland. My wife and I were wearing jackets but the boys were desperate to jump into the ice cold water... so we just let them ;)

http://adam.dysko.org/photos/IMG_4405a1.JPG

http://adam.dysko.org/photos/IMG_4406a.JPG

teeny
4th of October 2008 (Sat), 19:02
I love the water shots, those are adorable. My two boys are grown now. One's 18 and one is 26. (I'm 45).

Teani

adysko
4th of October 2008 (Sat), 19:40
I love the water shots, those are adorable. My two boys are grown now. One's 18 and one is 26. (I'm 45).

Teani

I suppose I am just a bit of a late developer type... also in my 40's but still happily changing nappies :)

mjamesv
5th of October 2008 (Sun), 08:00
I like the 3D look of your shots. Nice shots. I have 3 boys too.

adysko
5th of October 2008 (Sun), 17:01
I like the 3D look of your shots. Nice shots. I have 3 boys too.

Thanks for the comment. I never thought of them in a 3D way but I see your point. (I believe you are referring to the beach shots here)
For example, I found it interesting how the 1year old looks so much bigger than his two older brothers in the background (first shot). It was obviously unintended as things were happening rather fast.