PDA

View Full Version : Sports Shooters.com Information

pyterps
16th of February 2005 (Wed), 07:13
I would really like to be a member of sport shooters and was wondering if those of you that are members of sports shooters would give me some ideas on how to go about getting a sponser?

Thanks,

Dave

IncompletePete
16th of February 2005 (Wed), 07:18
You don't need a sponsor, just a good selection of tight, sharp images *nods*

soccerbyron
16th of February 2005 (Wed), 08:24
Yes, you now need a sponsor to become a member. Check the list of members for someone near you who is familiar with your work or can become familiar with your work.

Start with this page: http://www.sportsshooter.com/join.html

pyterps
16th of February 2005 (Wed), 11:17
Thanks for the information. When you try to join it ask you for the name of the person that is sponsoring you. I will try and find someone in the area (I'm in Washington DC) that can see some of my work and go from there.

Dave

sGu
18th of February 2005 (Fri), 04:48
Dave, if you have a portfolio of 10 top top images to convince the judges, with or without sponsor doesn't make a difference. For all of us outside the the states, it's pretty much impossible to get sponsored, yet there are still many of us UK and European ss.com members, it's down to your camera skills and unique vision.

Good luck :D

pyterps
18th of February 2005 (Fri), 05:03
sGu, thanks for the information. I do have someone that is going to give me his time and look at my pictures when I get them posted to the web. I value his opinion and if he tells me I'm not ready, I'll keep working hard until he thinks I am.

Eitherway, I did not see where one could just submit 10 images to be judged without having a sponser.

sGu
18th of February 2005 (Fri), 05:27
sGu, thanks for the information. I do have someone that is going to give me his time and look at my pictures when I get them posted to the web. I value his opinion and if he tells me I'm not ready, I'll keep working hard until he thinks I am.

Eitherway, I did not see where one could just submit 10 images to be judged without having a sponser.

I did, same is IncompletePete on this forum ;)