PDA

View Full Version : I wanted to share my new Site

kawter2
11th of October 2008 (Sat), 16:43
Hi Guys,

Used to be around here quite a bit... but not a ton as of late. Any how i just wanted to share my new site.

Thanks for looking http://www.ericjweddings.com/

best to you

divinemethod
11th of October 2008 (Sat), 17:04
this thread will probably be moved to the presentation section...

your pictures are amazing, true "capture the moment and make art" kinda style.. i like it :)

now to tighten up the script: your about me page:

People will form opinions about you based on what you write there... so i would avoid giving them anything there that might be used againsts you... why take a chance right?

get rid of the "I'm not mr. poignant" thing... I know you are trying to be humble, but it can come out weird to some people..

second paragraph : "that family started with a with me standing there in front of God," - get rid of the part i bolded here. right after excactly like yours you have two periods and a comma, make it either three periods or a comma, or just one period.

Overall I would rewrite the second paragraph, I know your message there is that you are married, and you know how it feels like to have a wonderfull wedding and the memory of it, being a drive for your current craft... but it comes out too wordy, simplify it.

our team page: the links in blue are hard to read. the last line on that page, is a joke but like i said... why give people a chance to think that you are making fun of the guy?

The meat of the page - your portfolio... is outstanding.

Telkin
11th of October 2008 (Sat), 17:45
Your new images are amazing but I actually preferred your old website's layout. It seemed more simple and clean to me.

sdcozad
11th of October 2008 (Sat), 18:31
I'm not much of a proff reader, but your images rock! For me the site looks very nice, maybe it's my machine, but a bit slow for me. I am not your target audience though. Thanks for sharing.

samurairx7
11th of October 2008 (Sat), 20:02
wow i like ur work alot, nice site too and good background song +

TXLEBER
12th of October 2008 (Sun), 10:38
WOW! You have some amazing and inspiring images there! I wasn't a big fan of not having an option to open the site within the browser window, but after looking at the images you had on your site i totally forgot about that!

kawter2
13th of October 2008 (Mon), 01:48
this thread will probably be moved to the presentation section...

your pictures are amazing, true "capture the moment and make art" kinda style.. i like it :)

now to tighten up the script: your about me page:

People will form opinions about you based on what you write there... so i would avoid giving them anything there that might be used againsts you... why take a chance right?

get rid of the "I'm not mr. poignant" thing... I know you are trying to be humble, but it can come out weird to some people..

second paragraph : "that family started with a with me standing there in front of God," - get rid of the part i bolded here. right after excactly like yours you have two periods and a comma, make it either three periods or a comma, or just one period.

Overall I would rewrite the second paragraph, I know your message there is that you are married, and you know how it feels like to have a wonderfull wedding and the memory of it, being a drive for your current craft... but it comes out too wordy, simplify it.

our team page: the links in blue are hard to read. the last line on that page, is a joke but like i said... why give people a chance to think that you are making fun of the guy?

The meat of the page - your portfolio... is outstanding.

Thanks so much for the kind words and help with the "script" i will definitely take a closer look at this

kawter2
13th of October 2008 (Mon), 01:50
Thanks to everyone else! and thanks for the compliment on the song, I actually wanted to change it but several people said i was crazy ;)

Blueskies505
13th of October 2008 (Mon), 16:50
Beautiful site! Your pictures are incredible and the song is just right for the entire theme! Your website is very intimate, I like that. Take care!

Jubilee32
13th of October 2008 (Mon), 18:38
Congratulations on some good photography.

I am no expert on web design but I do have some opinions as a viewer:
- I really dislike having to "Click to Enter" a web site only to find another page I have to click to get anywhere. I would eliminate the first page if possible.
- I don't think I should have to disable popups - I have them enabled for a reason. I typically opt out and go along my way. Is that a necessary part of the software? Don't give lazy people (me?) an easy excuse to leave.
- I agree with the earlier comment about "Mr. Poignant" - leave that sentence out and you really say something people want to hear: "It is about you and your wedding, not me and my camera." Your camera work re-inforces that idea.
- I like the music as well - I assume you have rights to it? It is light and soft and does not take over. I am not a fan of "mood music" but yours is pretty good.

Good luck with your business - I think you do good work and people should like the you shoot. I would

kawter2
14th of October 2008 (Tue), 17:53
Congratulations on some good photography.

I am no expert on web design but I do have some opinions as a viewer:
- I really dislike having to "Click to Enter" a web site only to find another page I have to click to get anywhere. I would eliminate the first page if possible.
- I don't think I should have to disable popups - I have them enabled for a reason. I typically opt out and go along my way. Is that a necessary part of the software? Don't give lazy people (me?) an easy excuse to leave.
- I agree with the earlier comment about "Mr. Poignant" - leave that sentence out and you really say something people want to hear: "It is about you and your wedding, not me and my camera." Your camera work re-inforces that idea.
- I like the music as well - I assume you have rights to it? It is light and soft and does not take over. I am not a fan of "mood music" but yours is pretty good.

Good luck with your business - I think you do good work and people should like the you shoot. I would

Thank you you have some very interesting points, I will definitely consider them and re-evaluate my "about me" page

elysium
14th of October 2008 (Tue), 17:57
One thing I have noticed running 1280x800, the text seems to hover and does not line up with the rest.

I think if you can, fix the window size to the same res as the flash file itself. That way, everything is in theme without any nasty cut offs.

Apart from that, I really do like, minus the pop up to enter. Thats a personal choice though. Nice work overall.

rooeey
14th of October 2008 (Tue), 18:57
Superb photos.....................