PDA

View Full Version : New HP m9400f

chauncey
12th of October 2008 (Sun), 19:00
I ran the numbers home built/factory and it was about a washout and this one was at BestBuy for a grand.

Want to set it up for CS4; will be adding a scavaged 500 GB HD to the factory 750 GB HD,
should I use the smaller one for scratch and keep everything else on the 750 GB C drive?

How do you go about setting up a scrarch drive? :confused:
Can anyone walk/crawl me thru it?

Dchemist
14th of October 2008 (Tue), 08:53
I use my second disk as the Photoshop scratch disk - which is easily set in Photoshop. I also use the secod disk as my image storage drive. As I understand it you want Photoshop to use a different drive than Windows uses which in my case would be the primary drive. I don't know if there is a liability in using the same drive as the Photoshop scratch disk as well as the image storage disk. Good luck, Dennis

Lookin4filters
30th of October 2008 (Thu), 02:07
This is an Awesome PC for the Price. I bought this guy about 2 weeks ago, runs CS3 Perfectly. It will play a DVD movie AND a 3D game at the same Time (dual monitors) WITHOUT a skip! The 8 gigs of RAM and Quad Core AMD chip operate beautifully together. Anyone else thinking of purchasing this, don't be afraid to, it works. I have 2 TB's of storage on mine, and I use a 250GB drive for scratch, it does the job quick.