PDA

View Full Version : Website taking forever/not putting up my photos?

bwell
24th of October 2008 (Fri), 15:50
So I shot a State Radio show for livemusicblog.com, I got the photo pass and ticket through the band's PR firm. I shot the show October 9 and had the photos uploaded to LMB's flickr page shortly thereafter. They are supposed to make a blog post or story or whatever with the photos, which they still haven't done. I've contacted them multiple times about it, the last time was about a week ago, when the guy said it would be up by Monday the 20th, and they still aren't up.

Normally I would just tell this site to shove off, I wasn't paid for this or anything, BUT the MSOPR person has emailed me wanting a link to the blog post... Should I just keep badgering the guy about putting them up? Other blog posts and news stories are being put up... But he hasn't put any of the recent photos on the site, from my show or the other one that was shot...

londonblue007
24th of October 2008 (Fri), 15:58
First off... acronym I don't understand... MSOPR (I'm an engineer and work with acronyms all day long, so i'm usually pretty good with picking them out, but i'm at a loss here)

what kind of paperwork did you have to sign with State Radio? Only for publication by the group you were there to shoot for? If not, send the photos yourself if the blog people are being stupid. If there is no contractual reason why you can't, then go ahead and do it. you might piss off the blog people, but then again, if they don't find out, what they don't know won't hurt them and might bring you business.

narlus
24th of October 2008 (Fri), 16:10
well i think you have a legitimate beef w/ the blog... the reason the PR person (of band MSO, if my acronym decoder ring is working) gave you the pass was for coverage by this outlet (livemusicblog.com in this case). if there is no publicity, there is no payback in the band's view for the granting of the pass.

i'd ask the editor again and find out what's going on. tell him that if he doesn't post the photos on the site in X days, you will be forced to send an email to the PR person, and CC the editor, explaining the situation.

bwell
24th of October 2008 (Fri), 16:10
^yeah that's my concern

oh MSO was the band's PR firm.

londonblue007
24th of October 2008 (Fri), 16:19
^yeah that's my concern

oh MSO was the band's PR firm.

I figured that was what it was, but wasn't positive.

I agree with Tim's response. Add's some sense to my first one.

bwell
27th of October 2008 (Mon), 16:03
latest exchange of emails:

Me:

Are they going to go up? Sorry to keep bothering you, it just reflects really poorly on me when I don't show the PR Firm that got me the pass a post.

I shot the faint on Saturday by the way, but...

him:

I understand my friend...sorry to be slow but you have to be patient. I hope to have it up in the next day or so. ;)

/

wtf? I shot this show on October 9th and uploaded them to the site's flickr account shortly thereafter, it's now just a matter of this guy getting off his ass and linking to them in a BLOG POST.

blackshadow
28th of October 2008 (Tue), 04:19
Holy slacker batman!

The guy needs a good kick in the posterior.

I shot four bands over three shows in the last three days - all images have been sent off to wire images/clients and are up on my web gallery with 1 blog post to go.

narlus
28th of October 2008 (Tue), 07:41
i feel yr pain...i did a phone interview w/ Henry Rollins last tuesday...i had it transcribed, edited and sent in that night. still not up yet.