PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Evening Beach Photos

tingringirl
27th of October 2008 (Mon), 00:28
I was at the beach this evening doing photos of 3 indiv. It was almost sunset and I wanted to take photos with the sunset in the back ground. I wanted to put my Cannon setting on "program" and an ISO of 500 but it would not let me take photos for some reason. I need to know what is the best setting for sunset photos please. I am amature photographer and am alittle frustrated with my Cannon 30D (more frustrated in myself:confused: I should say) I don't really know how to use all the functions. Also my flash that I was using as a fill flash was going off occasionally and not like I wanted it too? What am I doing wrong. I could use all the help I can get ....thank you....Tingringirl:rolleyes:

asysin2leads
12th of November 2008 (Wed), 05:38
Here is a great tutorial about shooting at sunset with fill flash. You may want to check out his blog anyway. He has some fantastic advice.

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/06/free-custom-backdrops-delivered-daily.html

Relax. Shooting at sunset with little ambient light and getting the subject to stand out is difficult. Don't kick yourself. It takes a lot of time, patience and practice.

jeppoy
10th of February 2010 (Wed), 00:56
fill flash always works.

tracyvb
11th of February 2010 (Thu), 13:47
I would definitely say that looking into a beginner online course would be a good way to get some knowledge about general exposure, camera settings, etc. Before I bought my first DSLR I took at class from Southeast Community College online. It was a very good way to learn the basics and get feedback and individual help on your work.

Good luck and hang in there. Lots of practice will do you good. :)