PDA

View Full Version : Photomatix Problem

b.d.bop
2nd of November 2008 (Sun), 00:57
I usually do HDR with three images exposure bracketed, sometimes five. I have no difficulty with RAW's from my 1Ds and 5D (before I sold that camera).

Recently I picked up a 50D, though, and when I load in the three RAW shots the conversion, alignment and result happens within moments (it usually takes much longer when all's going properly), but comes out as a weird looking chromatic column of gibberish on a black background.

Anyone have a clue? :confused:

Lazuka
2nd of November 2008 (Sun), 01:19
examples.

canonloader
2nd of November 2008 (Sun), 05:48
Yes, an example would be great. And did you download and install the new Version 3.1? The new version now supports the 50D, where the older versions don't. It also does a 100% better job of the final render. Much sharper, less noise. The difference between night and day. :)

bfreas
2nd of November 2008 (Sun), 08:24
Could be that PM doesn't support 50D RAW files yet. Try converting to 16 bit TIFFs in another program first then combine to HDR in PM.

canonloader
2nd of November 2008 (Sun), 08:28
The new upgrade version (http://www.hdrsoft.com/download/win.html) does support 50D RAW files.

zacker
2nd of November 2008 (Sun), 16:09
i think need to toy with the chromatic gibberish slider some..
lol

what mitch said! good luck.

b.d.bop
2nd of November 2008 (Sun), 16:39
Thanks, people - that worked. I just needed the upgrade.

The guys at PhotoMatix were terrific, too.

Thanks, all, for the guidance.

Mark

canonloader
2nd of November 2008 (Sun), 16:49
They are great people there. I had a problem with opening 1D RAW's and contacted support, and they got back to me in a couple hours and followed up after the problem was solved. Nice people.

b.d.bop
3rd of November 2008 (Mon), 07:52
They are great people there. I had a problem with opening 1D RAW's and contacted support, and they got back to me in a couple hours and followed up after the problem was solved. Nice people.

Thanks again, Mitch - really appreciate your help with this problem I was having.

canonloader
3rd of November 2008 (Mon), 07:57
I wish I owned stock in the company. With this new upgrade, they really made a big leap in final image quality. I'm really liking working with it. :)