PDA

View Full Version : Laptop, Second Monitor and Vista.

Kronie
6th of November 2008 (Thu), 10:42
I just started using a second monitor with my laptop and am having this problem:

The monitor is on the left and laptop on the right. I can extend the desktop to the left and everything works fine except when the laptop sleeps or restarts. When it wakes up or starts the extended desktop is always on the right. It seems like vistas default is always the right and for some reason it wont save the monitor on the left.

I realize and easy solution would be to move the monitor to the right side of the laptop but that wont work. Anyone have this problem? Or know to fix?

OdiN1701
6th of November 2008 (Thu), 10:53
Try updating your video drivers perhaps? It might be because it's coming out of sleep and detecting a "new" monitor - it's not always connected right? Maybe installing the INF file for the external monitor would help - instead of the default "Plug and Play" monitor file. I haven't run into this issue myself so not sure what else to try.

Kronie
7th of November 2008 (Fri), 09:33
Maybe installing the INF file for the external monitor would help - instead of the default "Plug and Play" monitor file.

I bet that's it, thanks.