PDA

View Full Version : Moon from 07.Nov.2008

bbulldog
9th of November 2008 (Sun), 09:14
here is my latest shot of the moon
will try for a full sequence from full to full moon next.

http://www.pauldaniels.de/photography/potn/IMG_3404.jpg

Celestron
9th of November 2008 (Sun), 09:24
Really good bbulldog . What was the setup and equip ?

Adrena1in
9th of November 2008 (Sun), 10:06
Very very nice, but a touch of sharpening perhaps wouldn't go amiss.

bbulldog
9th of November 2008 (Sun), 10:41
Setup was using the Walimex at 1300mm F8, ISO 100 and 1/60 sec shutter speed.

I didnt sharpen but will have another look at that.

Nighthound
9th of November 2008 (Sun), 11:03
Nice capture bbulldog. May have missed focus a bit or shake could be the culprit. See if you can get that shutter speed up some, that'll help. Be sure to use mirror lock too.

Are you using a shutter release?

bbulldog
9th of November 2008 (Sun), 11:32
That was not even on a tripod, used the stone wall in front of house to rest the lens on, used a blanket too. Prolly a bit of shake in there.

jscotti
9th of November 2008 (Sun), 14:56
That was not even on a tripod, used the stone wall in front of house to rest the lens on, used a blanket too. Prolly a bit of shake in there.

Wow! That probably explains most of the softness. No tripod and 1/60 seconds with a 1300mm lens. You did great to get it as sharp as you did.

I'll look forward to your full lunation sequence. Have you seen the animated GIF of the moon through a full lunation? The Moon is very much more dynamic that it seems when just looking at it without looking at the details. As I recall it was on both the Astronomy Picture of the Day and the Lunar Picture of the Day at separate times if you'd like to go hunt for it...

Jim.

bbulldog
10th of November 2008 (Mon), 02:53
Thanks, i took about 30 pictures and only about 5 were any good, this was by far the best.

Will go looking for that animated gif..