PDA

View Full Version : South of Market - San Francisco

ayotnoms
8th of December 2008 (Mon), 01:50
It's been a long time since I've posted on the boards but I thought I'd share this image. Hopefully, not too much abuse will rain down on me for not using my 5D or 1DmkII. What can I say, some occasions call for a smaller kit. :D

It was taken in a courtyard near the SF Mint.

Thanks for looking

Cheers

http://steve-montoya.smugmug.com/photos/432538778_byxkh-XL.jpg

widowmaker
8th of December 2008 (Mon), 11:07
I find the oranger colour on the chairs a bit destracting. How about a black and white conversion? Also, clone away the sign on the wall. Other than that, great.

rbakeratl
8th of December 2008 (Mon), 15:16
I actually like the orange of the chairs. You could just as easily crop out the woman and make the focus solely on the orange chairs.

The sign on the wall makes it look real.

If I were going to photoshop anything it would be the little blue flair next to the chair left of center.

psykopyro
8th of December 2008 (Mon), 23:49
Yeah, keep the sign and the chairs.

ayotnoms
9th of December 2008 (Tue), 00:06
thanks for the comments! Always appreciated.

this is one of my favorite night places to shoot. I've tried a few black and white conversions but still prefer the color...mostly because of the vibrancy of the orange color.

Here's another taken a month or so ago.
http://steve-montoya.smugmug.com/photos/417090986_jwEkD-L.jpg

theveed
9th of December 2008 (Tue), 03:50
I like the original one as it is... The orange chairs are integral to the scene and I think the lady adds a little mystery to the image that forces you to stare at it more. Without the ladies or orange hue, it'll be just another snapshot.

TekHouse
9th of December 2008 (Tue), 03:58
I like the orange too..I wish it was a little more saturated in the first one! Why not make it a focal point?

Maureen Souza
30th of January 2009 (Fri), 01:43
Hey stranger!!! I love the 2nd shot.... the orange chairs are really cool :)