PDA

View Full Version : Qualcomm Stadium & camera

Mike414
1st of January 2009 (Thu), 19:13
Hey guys, Im going to the chargers & Colts game this weekend. The game starts at 5:00PM and Im debating about bringing my camera.
I'll be sitting at the 45 yard-line about 15 rolls up but Im wondering about lighting inside the stadium.....is it good enough to take some pictures from my seat ?

lens:
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0 L
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS

Thanks for your feedback.

Mike.

FlyingPhotog
1st of January 2009 (Thu), 19:16
If stadium/league rules allow, hell, take the the 70-200...

Evan Idler
1st of January 2009 (Thu), 19:16
Check with the Statium before you head out. Most of them have restrictions on the size of the lenses that your allowed to take with you. I know locally I can take a Point and Shoot with any size lens it might have, but can't take a DSLR with more than a 100mm lens on it.

--Evan

Mike414
1st of January 2009 (Thu), 19:39
If stadium/league rules allow, hell, take the the 70-200...

Here is what I found (chargers website):

CAMERAS & VIDEO RECORDING DEVICES: Fans are permitted to bring cameras and video recorders into the stadium, provided they are intended for personal use only, do not interfere with other fansí view of the game and recorded material does not appear on the internet. The taping of game footage is prohibited.

http://www.chargers.com/stadium/fan-guide.htm

Mike.

robloeffel
1st of January 2009 (Thu), 19:49
What side are you on? The south side casts shadows, the north side and the sun will be in your face part of the game.

You'll probably have to bump up the ISO, but the stadium lighting should be good enough for you.

Mike414
1st of January 2009 (Thu), 19:50
What side are you on? The south side casts shadows, the north side and the sun will be in your face part of the game.

You'll probably have to bump up the ISO, but the stadium lighting should be good enough for you.

I'll be on the charger side.

.....and it will be dark by kick-off.

*Knowledge*
1st of January 2009 (Thu), 20:15
I attended a Chargers game earlier this year with my son. Upon entering, I had all my lenses(listed in sig), security pulled me to the side to see their supervisor.

The supervisor asked about the lenses and explained how the Chargers and NFL have a problem with people taking photos and selling them online. At the time the Chargers didn't appear to be headed for playoff contention. I assured him that my sole purpose is to spend the day with my son and take some 'cool pics.' Besides, who would pay for Chargers photos by the way they've been playing. The security official chuckled and told me to keep the 70-200mm in the bag and there shouldn't be a problem. w00t.

As soon as my son and I sat down, I pulled 'L' out in all her glory and shot throughout the whole game with no issues.

Mike414
1st of January 2009 (Thu), 20:27
I attended a Chargers game earlier this year with my son. Upon entering, I had all my lenses(listed in sig), security pulled me to the side to see their supervisor.

The supervisor asked about the lenses and explained how the Chargers and NFL have a problem with people taking photos and selling them online. At the time the Chargers didn't appear to be headed for playoff contention. I assured him that my sole purpose is to spend the day with my son and take some 'cool pics.' Besides, who would pay for Chargers photos by the way they've been playing. The security official chuckled and told me to keep the 70-200mm in the bag and there shouldn't be a problem. w00t.

As soon as my son and I sat down, I pulled 'L' out in all her glory and shot throughout the whole game with no issues.

mmmm...now what :confused:

I guess I can take it and if I get any lip from security I can go back to the car and put it away. :(

Mike.

Mike414
4th of January 2009 (Sun), 18:47
here some of the pictures I took yesterday with the 70-200. All taken Av / handheld...I wish I had my monopod.

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo289/CanonDigitals/5-2.jpg

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo289/CanonDigitals/9a.jpg
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo289/CanonDigitals/9c.jpg

Sports_Dude
4th of January 2009 (Sun), 18:56
What a great game!

ngn8dogg
5th of January 2009 (Mon), 00:07
Wheres the pics of the CHARGERS!

metjbb
5th of January 2009 (Mon), 03:11
Great pics. I wonder who won?

barbara

Perry Ge
5th of January 2009 (Mon), 04:22
LOL @ posting pics after posting this:

provided...recorded material does not appear on the internet

Good on ya :lol:.

*Knowledge*
5th of January 2009 (Mon), 11:22
Nice pics Mike, any issues coming thru the gates with your gear?

Mike414
6th of January 2009 (Tue), 21:19
Wheres the pics of the CHARGERS!

here are some pics of the chargers :rolleyes:

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo289/CanonDigitals/1bb.jpg

and the coach of the year :D
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo289/CanonDigitals/333.jpg

Mike414
6th of January 2009 (Tue), 21:25
Nice pics Mike, any issues coming thru the gates with your gear?

Not really, but I was a little worried. The didnt even say anything about my camera, maybe because they didnt see the 70-200.
I had my 17-55 installed and my 70-200 inside my coat pocket...I didnt want to push my luck trying to bring my monopod :D

Mike.

Mike414
6th of January 2009 (Tue), 21:34
Great pics. I wonder who won?

barbara

unfortunately the wrong team won :(.......and after the game charger fans acted like if they just had won the Superbowl :lol:
It was a madhouse !

Mike.

*Knowledge*
8th of January 2009 (Thu), 00:28
Not really, but I was a little worried. The didnt even say anything about my camera, maybe because they didnt see the 70-200.
I had my 17-55 installed and my 70-200 inside my coat pocket...I didnt want to push my luck trying to bring my monopod :D

Mike.

I guess I was taken to the side because my backpack couldn't fit in their little cardboard box template.

unfortunately the wrong team won :(.......and after the game charger fans acted like if they just had won the Superbowl :lol:
It was a madhouse !

Mike.

It's because they know that was the last win of the season. That was our superbowl, lol.

ngn8dogg
8th of January 2009 (Thu), 01:26
Last win my A$$ . We are going to F the steelers up

FlyingPhotog
8th of January 2009 (Thu), 02:26
Last win my A$$ . We are going to F the steelers up

Right after the Cardinals take down the Panthers... :lol:

Woolburr
8th of January 2009 (Thu), 04:12
Right after the Cardinals take down the Panthers... :lol:

Oh my....what are you taking? I want some...:lol::lol::lol: