PDA

View Full Version : The 20th Official Random Discussion and Cat & Maggie's Dad Dog Rescue for TPBM (20)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

misspix
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 11:19
Bat (http://uglyoverload.blogspot.com/2009/02/new-frugivore.html)
It is all fun and games until Terri gets a bat caught in her hair :-|

Miniflash
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 11:20
Aww Terri thanks ..:o:o :lol:

Miniflash
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 11:20
ewww gross~

Miniflash
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 11:21
Adds bats to list of things that can make Terri and others unhappy ..

Chet
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 11:22
Does anyone here have any experience with Microsoft Home Server? Could this be used for a small business?

misspix
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 11:23
Adds bats to list of things that can make Terri and others unhappy ..
Nah, bats don't bother me, I think they are kinda cute. But it is a very eerie and not good feeling to have one caught in your hair *shudder* :lol:

Chet
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 11:24
Here is a example ..lol
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l108/miniflash_2006/portraits/IMG_2016Small_filtered.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l108/miniflash_2006/portraits/IMG_2024Small_filtered.jpg

Wow Deb is that you? What a beauty you are! If you weren't already spoken for I'd be placing your picture in my hope chest.

short5
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 11:24
Nah, bats don't bother me, I think they are kinda cute. But it is a very eerie and not good feeling to have one caught in your hair *shudder* :lol:
I am sure the bat was not thrilled either:neutral:

misspix
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 11:28
I am sure the bat was not thrilled either:neutral:
Dood. The bat was seriously NOT happy, as the repeated beating of his little rodent wings upon my head could attest :-|

sevillafox
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 11:30
That's ok we think you're a loser also. Guess Brooke has company on this one.

:p

What's YOUR excuse?!?!

Hi terri!

Miniflash
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 11:33
Wow Deb is that you? What a beauty you are! If you weren't already spoken for I'd be placing your picture in my hope chest.giggles Thanks Chet :o

Nah, bats don't bother me, I think they are kinda cute. But it is a very eerie and not good feeling to have one caught in your hair *shudder* :lol:keep it on my list ..I"m not fond of creatures of the night ..even the 2 legged ones can weird me out :)

sevillafox
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 11:36
Snakes. Snakes give me the come aparts.

thomascanty
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 11:40
Does anyone here have any experience with Microsoft Home Server? Could this be used for a small business?

Never even heard of it...

I"m not fond of creatures of the night ..even the 2 legged ones can weird me out :)

:(

Miniflash
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 11:40
I only like one snake ...and he Blings :):):)

Miniflash
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 11:41

:(Not to worry Lonnie it can be either sex ...:confused: try being me for a day you'd see what I mean ..:rolleyes: :lol: :p

Chet
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 11:45

:(

Ok I won't ask you anything about it.

JWright
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 11:52
I've just been tracing through my web-logs (looking for folks who use my shots without my permission).

I spotted a guy on an Arabic photography site using one of my photos as a sample to sell his 100-400.

So I got my own back... I've renamed the photo on my website.

The photo he was displaying to sell his lens was:-

I've redirected the link to

Which of course can't possibly have been taken with the 100-400.

Well done! But there are good chances that the buyer will be an idiot who won't realise that this picture can't have been taken with the 1-4. You should redirect it to a soft, crappy, badly exposed shot :lol:

Pete is that a Saudi site the guy is selling from? Link to an image of a scantily clad female, driving in a gay right parade, while drinking a drinking a beer. He may get a knock at the door :lol:

You guys are still being too nice. I would have directed the link to a picture of a roasting pig...

I don't even know where my NI card is....probably in a box at my parents house. Still though it is better than the "social security" card you get over here. That is just made out of the same cardboard you get from the inner tube of extremely cheap toilet paper...try scraping a car with that!

And it's worth about as much as cheap toilet paper... :rolleyes:

Last time I checked (before they started restructuring the program) the only requirements were that you had to have a minimum of one professional (ie: 1-series) camera body and a minimum of two L lenses.

Its 2 pro bodies and three L's over here (or that is what they say)

It would be nice if they were consistent. I think the Series 1/L Lens requirement may be nothing more than a way to sell more high end gear.

Two EOS bodies?!? That's all? Well, heck, I have six of them! (three film, three digital)

I have four; three digital and one film , plus two "L" lenses...

neil_r
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 11:53

Looking at the price and spec I would say no.

Miniflash
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 11:58
Hi John :)

DDA
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 11:59
Belfast City Hall while my tripod was at the hotel :o

http://************/dhmfbm

Miniflash
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:03
nice D ..:)

DDA
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:05
Thanks D..:-)

Harm
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:06

fantastic....you're reminding me of living just north of Belfast. It is a truly wonderful city.

DDA
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:08
We didn't stay there for very long (just one night) but it was very nice and interesting!

eddarr
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:09
And how do you check web-logs? Can it be done in Smuggy? I ask because I got a comment last night on a photo in a private gallery from someone I don't know and obviously did not invite to the gallery. I double checked the options and it is definitely set up as private, however; I did not have Google or Smugmug searches turned off.

One way is with tineye. It works pretty well but only does a single image at a time.:( Also it works by right click so you have to have right click enabled on your smugmug. again :(

http://tineye.com/

Good morning everyone.

Harm
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:11
We didn't stay there for very long (just one night) but it was very nice and interesting!

did you stay at the Europa hotel? - the most bombed hotel in Europe - mainly because of the IRA, but that was a long time ago...

A drink at the Crown pub? Belfast's oldest pub...

Or a trip around the Falls Road area, looking at all the murals painted on the walls of the Catholic / Protestant areas. They are absolutely stunning beyond belief....worth taking a picture of.

DDA
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:11
I don't think that tineye works if your image is hotlinked somewhere. Only if it is "copy-pasted". And there is still only a very small part of the web that is indexed...

DDA
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:13
did you stay at the Europa hotel? - the most bombed hotel in Europe - mainly because of the IRA, but that was a long time ago...

A drink at the Crown pub? Belfast's oldest pub...

Or a trip around the Falls Road area, looking at all the murals painted on the walls of the Catholic / Protestant areas. They are absolutely stunning beyond belief....worth taking a picture of.

We were in a not particularly good hotel...

Yes, we've been to the pub and I took lots of shots of the murals (I'm processing some of them right now. I'll post some when I'll be done...)

eddarr
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:15
I don't think that tineye works if your image is hotlinked somewhere. Only if it is "copy-pasted". And there is still only a very small part of the web that is indexed...

Interesting. I haven't played with it to much after the initial wow factor wore off. It's kind of a pain only doing 1 picture at a time.

I wonder if Google Analytics would see the hotlinks?

Miniflash
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:16
Hi Ick :)

Guineh
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:18

You speak from experience?

Dood. The bat was seriously NOT happy, as the repeated beating of his little rodent wings upon my head could attest :-|

You do speak from experience!

Bats don't bother me. Bats are harmless, and some are even beneficial.

Harm
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:18
Yes, we've been to the pub and I took lots of shots of the murals (I'm processing some of them right now. I'll post some when I'll be done...)

Fantastic, I look forward to them...I spent a lot of time wandering the streets looking at them.

CrazieCricket
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:24
G'mae all! It's a grand day when you open your eyes in the morning.

What if I haven't even closed them yet? :confused:

I've just been tracing through my web-logs (looking for folks who use my shots without my permission).

I spotted a guy on an Arabic photography site using one of my photos as a sample to sell his 100-400.

Ohhhh that is sooo irritating! :mad:

Well tell her Deb says thanks ..It was my first attempt at a self portrait shot ,I took several that day with every hat I own to reduce my own boredom :)

Here is a example ..lol

Beautiful self shots!!!

That would be a good one. But, then what will Jim replace it with to get back at you? I don't think I wanna see that...
+1

Nice portrraits D!

Grass is always greener on the other side ;-)

Nice greenery!

Let's see...

:lol:
ummmmm....hmmmmm....I got nothin to say to that~:rolleyes:

Belfast City Hall while my tripod was at the hotel

Gorgeous!

G'mae all!

Harm
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:32
Hi Paula

JWright
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:33
Hi John :)

Mornin' Deb. :D

Miniflash
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:34
hi Paula and thanks ..How goes the new job?

Miniflash
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:34
Its snowing here Harm ..

DDA
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:35
Fantastic, I look forward to them...I spent a lot of time wandering the streets looking at them.

Well, here is a teaser so you don't have to wait too many days ;-)

http://************/cs5epg

CrazieCricket
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:36
Hi Paula

hi Paula and thanks ..How goes the new job?
Hi, Harm and Deb! New job is pretty good. I really like working nights... but my feet absolutely kill me by morning. :cry: I mean kill me almost literally! I can barely walk to my car after my shift.

Miniflash
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:40
Paula did ya try insoles? they say they help ...

Permagrin
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:40
for those that are interested, CP Services requires a lot more from US customers. I'm typing this directly...since I cannot copy/paste. I can't find where I'm not allowed to post this so I'm guessing it's fine.

I could never qualify (actually in reading it again, I could have qualified last year) oh well.
And I cannot qualify for nikon because I don't know a nikon pro personally to speak for me (otherwise I meet their criteria).

Dear CPS member,

Effective immediately all current and future memberships will require renewal once a year.
This is apoicy change that overrides any documentaion you may already have received.

Thank You
Manager
Canon Professional Services

(the rest I'm attaching as a screen shot) (off to catch up)

eddarr
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:45
Hi Deb.

It does not appear that Google Analytics will track hotlinks. Oh well.

Pete
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:48
Ouch... CPS USA is tight!!

http://www.the-aperture.com/EE/photos/normal/20090203__PER8459.jpg

DDA
Niiice Pete!

CrazieCricket
Paula did ya try insoles? they say they help ...
yes, I put some of those Dr. Scholls gel inserts in my tennis shoes. Doesn't help at all. :( I wore my slippers last night :lol: (They look like actual shoes) they weren't any good either. *sigh* I thought over time my feet and legs would get use to all the walking and standing for 8 hrs. But, it's been over a week and there hasn't been even a little improvement. I'm out of ideas...:(

CrazieCricket
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:50
Guess I better go get some sleep! see yous all later :D

Pete
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:50
Niiice Pete!

:D

However, the orange light in the sky is Photoshop....

Harm
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:51
Its snowing here Harm ..

here too, but only going to get 5" and not the originally predicted 14"+...although it would be interesting to get 14+ when people think that we're only going to get a dusting.

Well, here is a teaser so you don't have to wait too many days ;-)

http://************/cs5epg

Ooooh, very nice indeed. I wonder how it would look, photographed square on, wide-angle lens and in HDR...curiousity boggles the mind.

Hi, Harm and Deb! New job is pretty good. I really like working nights... but my feet absolutely kill me by morning. :cry: I mean kill me almost literally! I can barely walk to my car after my shift.

Hi paula....glad you're enjoying the new job :) glad you enjoy the nightshift too....i hated doing night work!!

mtnphtgrphr
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:53
Ok, before I go....Jennifer...got to look thru your facebook pics...you've got some great stuff!
:oops: Thanks Diane! :D
This thread is getting really depressing, everyone seems to have dogs to have fun with, so I don't feel left out here is a small menagerie made by the woman who cleaned our room every day whilst we were on holiday.

Every evening when we went to our room there was a surprise in store for us.....

http://www.ambrosiabbs.com/gallery/photo/medium/Mauritius_Jan_2009_NHR4252.jpg

This last one was on my birthday...
Ummmm what is that one ^^^^ I'm not real clear... I have thoughts on what it might be... but I shall not say... :oops:

Dear Permi,

What the heck does HOCK mean?

signed,
colloquialy challenged
Yeah that!
Really, Tif, you made me laugh WAY out loud Thank you, I needed a semi-hysterical break from my day :roll: :lol:
I am busting out laughing when my BOSS walks into the room... fortunately she can appreciate the fact that I'm goofy sometimes and I goof off during nap time, so no harm done!
R O F L M B O ! That is GREAT!

I saved this so I would remember to go look when I was done with my MMQ.

So cool, Becky. You've got a good one there.

Quoted this so I would remember to go back and watch it.

BEAUTIFUL bouquet. And I absolutely love the digi sammiches.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!! Love it.

HI JEN! We were just wondering where you'd been.

^^ See? LOL!

LOL! So what did you come up with?

Very nice!

HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

Crissa, those turned out really nice! Your mom will love them!

Thank you. I'll be checking them out later. I missed several.

Great shot! What a cutie.

These turned out great too! All teh kids in your families are so adorable.

MAGGIE KONA!!!! *melts*

HAHAHAHAAA!!!!! I'd have paid money to see that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!! The picture I have in my head is great. :lol: LOL!

No one told me ANYTHING.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! Lookit the little dude.

Right here darlin. Right here.

Hey! Tattle tale.

HOW COOL IS THAT?!!?! I love them . Especially your birthday one. How very neat.

LOL!

BWWAAAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!! LOL! Holy crap that made me laugh.

LOL! ROFLOL! YOu guys are killing me.

HAHAHAHAHAH!!! *snort*

R O F L M A O ! ! ! *wishes that I could use more than 8 smilies in my MMQ*

Thanks Cat. It was a rough week last week... I pretty well went to bed right after the kids did.... :oops: Personally this week is REALLY REALLY looking good... Professionally... I'd like to drive a stake... erm... not work with who I work with...

Will work on catching up more later!

Pete
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 12:55
http://www.the-aperture.com/EE/photos/normal/20090203__PER8460.jpg

sevillafox
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 13:00
yes, I put some of those Dr. Scholls gel inserts in my tennis shoes. Doesn't help at all. :( I wore my slippers last night :lol: (They look like actual shoes) they weren't any good either. *sigh* I thought over time my feet and legs would get use to all the walking and standing for 8 hrs. But, it's been over a week and there hasn't been even a little improvement. I'm out of ideas...:(

Doc Martens?

They do sell special (ugly) shoes for wait staff/kitchen folk. I had a pair I got at Kmart. They were ugly but they worked great!

FocalPrincess
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 13:08
Or shoes designed for nurses...they're also not the prettiest but supposed to be uber comfy...and they're great unless you've got size 11's like yours truly.

Hope everyone is having a great day...its a long one here. I'm thinking I've maybe pushed him a little too quickly on the potty thing...he's interested till we get there then says done even before he's one. :( Oh well. I'll try to keep following his leads...

DDA
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 13:12

However, the orange light in the sky is Photoshop....

I figured that out ;-)

Personally this week is REALLY REALLY looking good...

Glad that this week is much better ;-)

Permagrin
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 13:16
Dear Permie,

I just realised I don't have any chocolate left at home :shock:

What should I do?

- A dying junkie

Dear Junkie,

One can only assume that due to your affliction you cannot possible realize the trauma you have caused a pre-coffee Permie, by informing her that Switzerland has no more chocolate.

If you wish to complete her destruction, go ahead, tell her Kona has no more coffee.

Adieu
Perma the ghost of her former self

Tasty (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fried_spider)

Warning: Squeamish or arachnophobes need not apply

I didn't click but I did want to thank you for the courtesy.

Competition Time !!!

The picture of the Harley Engine half way down THIS (http://motostar.wordpress.com/page/4/) page is a direct link to my Image. ( http://motostar.wordpress.com/page/4/ )

Please nominate an image to replace it with. MY first thought was Jims Birthday Card

Go for the birthday one Neil!! I really hate it when people steal images. (start watermarking everything too)

Cool news for me. My CPS card came through to day. Canon thinks I'm a Pro. How cool is that??

sweet! Didja see the US credentials?

Very pretty!!

Chet
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 13:17
http://www.the-aperture.com/EE/photos/normal/20090203__PER8460.jpg

What's wrong with you Pete? C'mon now this is enough already. I just can't believe you are doing this to us. We live in a cold climate, it looks like that everyday. It sickens me to see any more snow. I know that woodchuck thing said 6 more weeks of Winter, but in the Midwest that means 12.

Pete give us happy warm pictures, that's all I ask for.

Pete
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 13:18
sweet! Didja see the US credentials?

Yep, it would scare the pants off me!

JWright
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 13:19
for those that are interested, CP Services requires a lot more from US customers. I'm typing this directly...since I cannot copy/paste. I can't find where I'm not allowed to post this so I'm guessing it's fine.

I could never qualify (actually in reading it again, I could have qualified last year) oh well.
And I cannot qualify for nikon because I don't know a nikon pro personally to speak for me (otherwise I meet their criteria).

Dear CPS member,

Effective immediately all current and future memberships will require renewal once a year.
This is apoicy change that overrides any documentaion you may already have received.

Thank You
Manager
Canon Professional Services

(the rest I'm attaching as a screen shot) (off to catch up)

Interesting how it says nothing about gear requirements... If this is all it takes to become a member, then I can qualify.

EDIT: I found THIS (http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=MultiMiscPageAct&key=CPS_Member&keycode=CPS&fcategoryid=111) that shows the 30D, 40D and 50D as qualifying bodies, but you still have to have two bodies and three of the lenses on their list. They've included two EF-S lenses as "Pro" lenses, the 10-22 and 17-55. I wonder if they're going to update the list as new bodies are released and drop the older ones off the list, thereby forcing members to be constantly upgrading to keep their memberships...

Permagrin
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 13:19
my mac laptop gave up the ghost today. I think perhaps the battery is the culprit. It will turn on but if I leave it and it sleeps at all I have to pull out the battery and make sure it's shut down before it'll turn on again :(

I'm on my windows machine. Gads I haven't an idea what any of the controls are. I suppose I could move to my desktop.

DDA
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 13:20
Dear Junkie,

One can only assume that due to your affliction you cannot possible realize the trauma you have caused a pre-coffee Permie, by informing her that Switzerland has no more chocolate.

If you wish to complete her destruction, go ahead, tell her Kona has no more coffee.

Adieu
Perma the ghost of her former self

:shock: Kona drinks coffee :shock:

Miniflash
Hi Lisa

Permagrin
Interesting how it says nothing about gear requirements... If this is all it takes to become a member, then I can qualify.

well I can email you all the stuff for the application. I've got it.

Pete
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 13:21
What's wrong with you Pete? C'mon now this is enough already. I just can't believe you are doing this to us. We live in a cold climate, it looks like that everyday. It sickens me to see any more snow. I know that woodchuck thing said 6 more weeks of Winter, but in the Midwest that means 12.

Like this?

http://www.the-aperture.com/EE/photos/normal/IMG_2386.jpg

Miniflash
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 13:21
:shock: Kona drinks coffee :shock:
Well he is Lisa's dog :):)

DDA
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 13:24

Especially for you ;-)

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l244/DDA_04/Andermatt/IMG_9149.jpg

Miniflash
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 13:25
cool shot D ...Burr

FocalPrincess
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 13:30
I'd like some sort of fill between the bars.

Dr Phil is Chet's alter ego. He comes around every now and then.

One of Chet's alter egos.... ;) And LOL to the comment Chet about putting the pic in your hope chest...

I too think fill might look nice.

Like this?

That'll do nicely.

Sorry gang, I'm not even going to attempt to catch up. I've missed at least the last 4 pages...I wish I had more playtime right now. I haven't even had the cam on in 2 days. :( Oh well.

Becky N
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 13:31
Nah, bats don't bother me, I think they are kinda cute. But it is a very eerie and not good feeling to have one caught in your hair *shudder*

Or hit you in the shoulder as you are walking into your bedroom.:|

One way is with tineye.

Thanks anyway, Eric.

DEB - Cute self portraits.

DIDIER - *sigh* thanks for your continual sharing

PETE - looks like you are getting good milage out of your snowfall.

Harm
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 13:34
We need more of Neil's Mauritius Island photos to warm us up...

Miniflash
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 13:37
Hi Diane
Hi Becky thanks ..hows work treating you?

misspix
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 13:51
Yep, it would scare the pants off me!
*covers eyes*

*peeks*
my mac laptop gave up the ghost today. I think perhaps the battery is the culprit. It will turn on but if I leave it and it sleeps at all I have to pull out the battery and make sure it's shut down before it'll turn on again :(

I'm on my windows machine. Gads I haven't an idea what any of the controls are. I suppose I could move to my desktop.
GAAA! Will it get better? *bites nails*
Especially for you ;-)

GREAT lines in this D!
Or hit you in the shoulder as you are walking into your bedroom.:|

:-| Rude. A serious crossing of the lines, here.

Sorry if I missed anyone, had a minor crashing of the internet here :roll:

JWright
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 13:52
well I can email you all the stuff for the application. I've got it.

EDIT: I found THIS (http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=MultiMiscPageAct&key=CPS_Member&keycode=CPS&fcategoryid=111) that shows the 30D, 40D and 50D as qualifying bodies, but you still have to have two bodies and three of the lenses on their list. They've included two EF-S lenses as "Pro" lenses, the 10-22 and 17-55. I wonder if they're going to update the list as new bodies are released and drop the older ones off the list, thereby forcing members to be constantly upgrading to keep their memberships...

According to the information I found, I can't join because I don't own two of the qualifying bodies, I'm one short on the lenses and I don't make 51% of my income from photography. :(

Nice that they've got all this contradictory information floating around out there... :mad: I'm thinking I'm gonna pass. I don't see where it would be to my advantage to be a member.

neil_r
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 13:53

I spent a lot of time wandering the streets and ducking :-)

neil_r
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 13:56
I really hate it when people steal images. (start watermarking everything too)

I do now

Harm
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 13:57
I spent a lot of time wandering the streets and ducking :-)

Colour of my skin gave me freedom without having to duck or be followed ;)

Hence everyone was very nice to me. Sure it would have been much different for you.

I hear now, that they want to cover up the murals with less "offensive" ones...

Harm
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 13:57
I do now

I don't but I should!!!

Becky N
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 14:02
Hi Diane
Hi Becky thanks ..hows work treating you?

Eh, OK, getting orders entered mostly, so far. Will do some calls then see if I can get started on month end before I have to go do switchboard the last hour of the day.

See you all later.

neil_r
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 14:03
Colour of my skin gave me freedom without having to duck or be followed ;)

The colour of my camoflage suit made me stand out..... how ironic is that?

Harm
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 14:16
The colour of my camoflage suit made me stand out..... how ironic is that?

yup :)

quick question for you....is there a way to switch off being "subscribed" to every single thread that you respond to? I cannot find a setting for it....there are so many threads i do not want to have showing up in my list!!

scrap that, i finally found it.....silly me!

sevillafox
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 14:37
Time for home! YAY!

DDA
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 14:39
DIDIER - *sigh* thanks for your continual sharing

*sigh* you're welcome *sigh*

GREAT lines in this D!

That's what I like in this shot ;-)

Chet
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 14:44
Time for home! YAY!

Woohoo for you. Did you get snow today?

Chet
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 14:45
quick question for you....is there a way to switch off being "subscribed" to every single thread that you respond to? I cannot find a setting for it....there are so many threads i do not want to have showing up in my list!!

Yes

Chet
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 14:47
Like this?

Perfect!

Especially for you ;-)

May need to repeat comprehension 101! You fail, even though the picture is beautiful.

eddarr
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 15:14
Yes

Spill.

I ended up creating a separate folder for subscriptions that I actually want. I put those threads into that folder then I can just delete all subscriptions and not worry about it.

eddarr
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 15:15
Todays cute animal picture.

http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/enlarge/piglet-africa.html

eddarr
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 15:16
And todays humor.

High speed chase
After an intense high speed chase, an officer finally gets the lawbreaker to pull over.

"You know," says the cop, "I was originally pulling you over to tell you your taillight is out. Why the hell did you take off like that?"

"Last week my wife ran off with a cop," the man said, "and I was afraid you were trying to give her back."

sevillafox
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 15:18
Woohoo for you. Did you get snow today?

Nothing but sun.

I'm SO sad. No one is ready for a nap but me. :cry:

Chet
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 15:19
Nothing but sun.

I'm SO sad. No one is ready for a nap but me. :cry:

Take a poll I'm sure many of us could use one.

Chet
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 15:20
And todays humor.

High speed chase
After an intense high speed chase, an officer finally gets the lawbreaker to pull over.

"You know," says the cop, "I was originally pulling you over to tell you your taillight is out. Why the hell did you take off like that?"

"Last week my wife ran off with a cop," the man said, "and I was afraid you were trying to give her back."

Ok.

Permagrin
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 15:22
my spiderlight came today! WOOHOO

Of course I set it up and used it as sole light for a modeling shoot with Kona. He had to model. No fooling around. He got a treat after he did something correctly and suddenly became a willing model. Don't know how I did though. I didn't use any other lighting and I did use a MF lens.

Chet
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 15:24
Can't wait to see the output!

Pete
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 15:26

Of course I set it up and used it as sole light for a modeling shoot with Kona. He had to model. No fooling around. He got a treat after he did something correctly and suddenly became a willing model. Don't know how I did though. I didn't use any other lighting and I did use a MF lens.

Treats work with me as well.. :D

Permagrin
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 15:27
Treats work with me as well.. :D

lol I'll remember that when you and Allie come and visit!

Pete
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 15:28
lol I'll remember that when you and Allie come and visit!

I can smell home baking already.....

Harm
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 15:31
Spill.

I ended up creating a separate folder for subscriptions that I actually want. I put those threads into that folder then I can just delete all subscriptions and not worry about it.

User CP > Edit Options

Default Subscription Mode - Set to "Do Not Subscribe". But you'll have to remember to subscribe to threads you want to!!

Harm
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 15:32

I can smell home baking already.....

who said anything about home baking? You can munch on doggie treats like Kona :)

Pete
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 15:33
who said anything about home baking? You can munch on doggie treats like Kona :)

Only if they taste like Scooby Snaks.

eddarr
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 15:38
User CP > Edit Options

Default Subscription Mode - Set to "Do Not Subscribe". But you'll have to remember to subscribe to threads you want to!!

I was hoping for something in between all or nothing. Oh well, thanks for the help.

Harm
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 15:47
I was hoping for something in between all or nothing. Oh well, thanks for the help.

What is in between? The forum reads your mind and selectively subscribes to some threads and not to others?

Or perhaps the forum should "automatically" subscribe to threads that you post twice or more on?

neil_r
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 15:49
No the forum should only subscribe you to the interesting threads ;-)

Harm
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:10
Before (rather dull and flat - didn't realise just how much!):
http://harm.smugmug.com/photos/375695663_qpN3h-XL.jpg

After (small tweak in levels):
http://harm.smugmug.com/photos/467167430_mxHaG-XL.jpg

Pity i learned all this stuff AFTER the POTN book submissions...otherwise I may have gotten 1-2 more votes on some of my shots with some PPing!

Permagrin
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:11
I like it Harm. :)

Harm
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:13
Thanks Lisa...don't fancy diving in there, do you?

misspix
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:14

*sits quietly with heap perked to the right waiting for treat*
No the forum should only subscribe you to the interesting threads ;-)
Yes! :D Neil, you are BRIILLIANT!
I like it Harm. :)
Me, too :)

Jon
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:16
No the forum should only subscribe you to the interesting threads ;-)So everyone would be subscribed here and RRTP and the Gear Forums wouldn't have anyone subscribed to anything? I LIKE!

Permagrin
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:21
here's a couple from Kona's first Pro Gig ;) (I only have these three uploaded so far but if you want to see others, I'll post a link later)

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p214850121-4.jpg

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p401560680-4.jpg

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p81130339-4.jpg

The photographer could have done better (like by not using 1.4 as an aperture & I wish I hadn't cut off his foot in that last one) :rolleyes: but mostly I like how they turned out.

Harm
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:24
Love the shots, Lisa. Either it is my monitor, my eyes, or they seem a little dark....

Fantastic new Logo you have too - very surprised you didn't add in a little Kona footprint on it!

JWright
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:25
What is in between? The forum reads your mind and selectively subscribes to some threads and not to others?

Or perhaps the forum should "automatically" subscribe to threads that you post twice or more on?

No. I wouldn't want to subscribe to some of the threads I post more than twice in... :rolleyes:

Permagrin
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:25
they may be on the darker side, I was totally going for mood lighting with the one light and a reflector now and then.

and thanks RE: the logo :)

DDA
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:26
Very nice Harm!

Speaking of the book, were the selected images already anounced? I forgot to check voting status...

I want Kona here, now!!!!!!!

Permagrin
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:27
I still have 9 to process so I'll bump them up a bit and see if that's better.

and lol Didier. Um NO!

Harm
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:28
No. I wouldn't want to subscribe to some of the threads I post more than twice in... :rolleyes:

well, tough!

they may be on the darker side, I was totally going for mood lighting with the one light and a reflector now and then.

and thanks RE: the logo :)

Well, you certainly got the moody look then! #2 is fantastic. How many shots did you need to take of Kona to get one of him in the right pose?

Very nice Harm!

Speaking of the book, were the selected images already anounced? I forgot to check voting status...

I want Kona here, now!!!!!!!

danke, Didier....but you shall not lure Kona over to you with your Swiss Chocolates as treats and bribes....we won't have it!!

Permagrin
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:30
I took roughly 20 shots. But as soon as I figured out a treat would get him to hold the pose I wanted, I had 12 keepers in that 20. He's very good about posing til the shutter clicks :)

gjl711
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:31
I took roughly 20 shots. But as soon as I figured out a treat would get him to hold the pose I wanted, I had 12 keepers in that 20. He's very good about posing til the shutter clicks :)Now that's well trained.

sevillafox
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:31

Pity i learned all this stuff AFTER the POTN book submissions...otherwise I may have gotten 1-2 more votes on some of my shots with some PPing!

Big difference for something so small.

Permie, Kona is Kute!

DDA
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:34
and lol Didier. Um NO!

:evil: I'll kidnap him if I have to :evil:

danke, Didier....but you shall not lure Kona over to you with your Swiss Chocolates as treats and bribes....we won't have it!!

:cry: :cry:

JWright
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:34
here's a couple from Kona's first Pro Gig ;) (I only have these three uploaded so far but if you want to see others, I'll post a link later)

The photographer could have done better (like by not using 1.4 as an aperture & I wish I hadn't cut off his foot in that last one) :rolleyes: but mostly I like how they turned out.

These are nice. Lisa. Very moody and you have an excellent model.

Did you get the TD5, TD3 or the single bulb unit?

Guineh
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:35
http://harm.smugmug.com/photos/375695663_qpN3h-XL.jpg

http://harm.smugmug.com/photos/467167430_mxHaG-XL.jpg

:sigh: This is why I don't get in the book. I actually prefer the before picture. Though the after picture does have more "punch"

Chet
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:35
Like the Kona shots Lisa. I'm showing a couple blown spots on his fur, but I love the mood of these. And the "New and Improved" Logo is looking great with these. I don't care what Tiff said about it, I like it!

Miniflash
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:40
Kona cuteness ..nice light Lisa ,I like :)

DDA
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:40
:sigh: This is why I don't get in the book. I actually prefer the before picture. Though the after picture does have more "punch"

Actually, even though I like the processed version, I do also prefer the before version. It looks more natural to my eyes. It's probably why I don't get in the book ;-)

misspix
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:41
So everyone would be subscribed here and RRTP and the Gear Forums wouldn't have anyone subscribed to anything? I LIKE!
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lisa, great Kona series, and of course I will want to see more!

Back to the spreadsheet serenade :roll:

Permagrin
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:43
These are nice. Lisa. Very moody and you have an excellent model.

Did you get the TD5, TD3 or the single bulb unit?

The TD5, I bought it off of ebay for 1/2 price. It's brand new...I'm SO excited!

Like the Kona shots Lisa. I'm showing a couple blown spots on his fur, but I love the mood of these. And the "New and Improved" Logo is looking great with these. I don't care what Tiff said about it, I like it!

Chet, I re-looked at these in lightroom and the whites aren't blown (in the hist) & I've got detail in the brightest parts. I don't know what to say. I've got a couple of spots that are almost hot though, so that may be what you are seeing.

And thanks re: the logo. I really do like it myself. :)

Permagrin
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:44
I was so busy trying to make sure the lighting was right that I didn't even check the aperture. I cannot tell you how that's bugging me.

JWright
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:50
The TD5, I bought it off of ebay for 1/2 price. It's brand new...I'm SO excited!

Cool! Kinda like the Skyports I'm getting... ;)

Did you see the prices of the replacement daylight bulbs on their website? Hooo!

Chet, I re-looked at these in lightroom and the whites aren't blown (in the hist) & I've got detail in the brightest parts. I don't know what to say. I've got a couple of spots that are almost hot though, so that may be what you are seeing.

And thanks re: the logo. I really do like it myself. :)

The highlights didn't appear blown on my calibrated CRT monitor, but did appear to be a bit washed out on my uncalibrated laptop screen.

DDA
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:51
Well, g'night folks, I'm off to bed ;-)

http://************/bok77v

I know, my lens was VERY dirty :o :o

sevillafox
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:51

Stop trying to get me in trouble with the boss.

poppie guy
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 16:53
Ouch... CPS USA is tight!!

http://www.the-aperture.com/EE/photos/normal/20090203__PER8459.jpg

Beautiful light

Like this?

Nice lighting on this too.

Especially for you ;-)

Nice photo, I like the composition

Nice work Lisa!

I was so busy trying to make sure the lighting was right that I didn't even check the aperture. I cannot tell you how that's bugging me.
I do that a lot, especially at Ridgefield where the light gets better during the day..... f 5.6 with a shutter speed of 1 zillionth of a second.:o

Permagrin
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 17:04
Cool! Kinda like the Skyports I'm getting... ;)

Did you see the prices of the replacement daylight bulbs on their website? Hooo!

The highlights didn't appear blown on my calibrated CRT monitor, but did appear to be a bit washed out on my uncalibrated laptop screen.

yep, should be there in a couple of days :)

I did see the prices of the bulbs :shock:

Stop trying to get me in trouble with the boss.

I'm not the boss of me let alone anyone else. At least I'm always telling myself "you're not the boss of me" :lol:

Nice work Lisa!

I do that a lot, especially at Ridgefield where the light gets better during the day..... f 5.6 with a shutter speed of 1 zillionth of a second.:o

thanks Mike. And I SO hear ya.

JWright
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 17:06
yep, should be there in a couple of days :)

I did see the prices of the bulbs :shock:

Tomorrow, according to tracking...

sevillafox
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 17:09
I'm not the boss of me let alone anyone else. At least I'm always telling myself "you're not the boss of me" :lol:

:lol:

misspix
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 17:12

*runs amok while bossless* :) *pulls mouse along by tail* :)

I am a little iinsane :-| help.

neil_r
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 17:13
So everyone would be subscribed here and RRTP and the Gear Forums wouldn't have anyone subscribed to anything? I LIKE!

The forum will only subscribe you to "Gear Threads" if it detects that you do not know the meaning of the word "compromise" and senses that you are up for a fight ;)

Permagrin
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 17:19
*runs amok while bossless* :) *pulls mouse along by tail* :)

I am a little iinsane :-| help.

arghh *bounce bounce* I can't run as fast as you *bounce bounce* help!

misspix
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 17:26
arghh *bounce bounce* I can't run as fast as you *bounce bounce* help!
:oops: sawwy, I am better now :lol:

I have blue sky and sun :D I am going to go outside and breathe for a bit. Laters!

Miniflash
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 17:31
I'm excited I got one of Leys surprise gifts for her Bridal shower Its a Lenox ..Snow White to use as a cake topper .Its so cute !!!! I also got a Doopey that I won on ebay ..its also a Lenox and its one where he has a hand out with a diamond ..its beautiful in the picture ..hope I get by Sat if not they get half of it

Miniflash
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 17:33
No Crissa today ...hope everythings ok ..with it snowing and all here but we only got a few inches ..

cfpackerfan
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 17:38
Lisa, those shots of Kona are great. :D I like the first one the bestest.

And... um... is he on your sofa? HUH?

Permagrin
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 17:40
Lisa, those shots of Kona are great. :D I like the first one the bestest.

And... um... is he on your sofa? HUH?

YAY you're here! I have a couple more I wanna show you.

and no. He's on Dan's chair ;)

sevillafox
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 17:41
I'm excited I got one of Leys surprise gifts for her Bridal shower Its a Lenox ..Snow White to use as a cake topper .Its so cute !!!! I also got a Doopey that I won on ebay ..its also a Lenox and its one where he has a hand out with a diamond ..its beautiful in the picture ..hope I get by Sat if not they get half of it

AWESOME!!!

cfpackerfan
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 17:42
YAY you're here! I have a couple more I wanna show you.

and no. He's on Dan's chair ;)

:D I am, but only for about 15 more minutes. Have PTCs tonight. I get to go listen to all Marian's teachers tell me how concerned they are that since she started working she's dropped from a 3.8 to a 3.5 GPA. *sigh*

Permagrin
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 17:43
Last Kona set
http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v5/p545484426-4.jpg

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p770019831-4.jpg

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p979062747-4.jpg

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v6/p1000022064-4.jpg

cfpackerfan
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 17:44
Last Kona set

The BW one is beautifully converted.

This one is my favorite though. What gorgeous light.

cfpackerfan
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 17:45
Lisa, you should have those printed all together in a pano collage.

Permagrin
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 17:46
thanks :) I'm really excited about this light. Normally I'd use it in conjunction with other lights but this was just to test it out. hheeeee I'm happy :mrgreen:

cfpackerfan
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 17:47
So tell me about it... do you have it with an umbrella? Or a softbox?
Did you use a reflector?
Any other lights?

I bet the constant on lighting is SO much easier to figure out your exposure, LOL. That was the hardest thing for me to learn with the Alien Bees.

CrazieCricket
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 17:49
Doc Martens?

They do sell special (ugly) shoes for wait staff/kitchen folk. I had a pair I got at Kmart. They were ugly but they worked great!
Thanks, Tiff, I'll check into those.

Todays cute animal picture.

http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/enlarge/piglet-africa.html
Awwww noses smooshed together! Cute!

Nice!

those turned out great!!! Love the moodiness :D

JWright
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 17:54
Last Kona set
http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v5/p545484426-4.jpg

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p979062747-4.jpg

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v6/p1000022064-4.jpg

WOW! Exceptional! Those look really nice...

So tell me about it... do you have it with an umbrella? Or a softbox?
Did you use a reflector?
Any other lights?

I bet the constant on lighting is SO much easier to figure out your exposure, LOL. That was the hardest thing for me to learn with the Alien Bees.

A good flash meter works wonders. Something like this:

http://johnwright.smugmug.com/photos/264707421_7BdTm-L.jpg

See how it has a PC connector, just like a camera? You can hook the strobe's sync cable to the meter, trigger the strobes with the meter and read the exposure off the meter.

Becky N
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 17:55
here's a couple from Kona's first Pro Gig (I only have these three uploaded so far but if you want to see others, I'll post a link later)

The photographer could have done better (like by not using 1.4 as an aperture & I wish I hadn't cut off his foot in that last one) but mostly I like how they turned out.

Gaaaa, I can't believe it, I was actually going to ask you what aperture as his nose looks soft in the first 2. But I like the 3rd one his face is sharp while the rest is soft, helps IMKIAO with the mood.

Can you take a shot of your set-up? Please?

Second set I like the B&W conversion and Kona's profile, then it looks like, "Snack or no snack, are we almost done?".:lol:

Hi all.

cfpackerfan
3rd of February 2009 (Tue), 17:56
John, I have a Sekonic flash meter. I still haven't learned how to use it. :oops: I need someone to show me. I've read the book, and watched a video, and I still can't quite grasp it. I know it's not as hard as I'm making it, I just don't understand it.