PDA

View Full Version : The 20th Official Random Discussion and Cat & Maggie's Dad Dog Rescue for TPBM (20)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

misspix
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 21:32
More (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azdkqwe4DZ8&feature=related)

3Turner
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 21:33
Combination Tough Love, Marine Basic, and Wilderness Survival Training, Jim is in charge of the latter.
:shock: Uh oh......I hear the banjos coming.

See his "Good Boy" movies Lisa posted. *proud Dad moment*
You see. :D

JWright
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 21:39
Oh and it was the boy I got purrs from he also is rubbing against me and grabbed my hand playfully and put his mouth on my finger, this is HUGE!! He rolled over on his back to play and I pet him for like 10 minutes!!.

I also cleaned out both of their ears today, blech!!

Cool! You're making progress!! And that ear cleaning stuff is icky, isn't it?

Skrim17
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 21:42
so I had this funky smell in my car all week and couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Yesterday as I walked past my car to get tot he drivers side door I smelled decomp coming from under the hood, drove to my brothers house and called:

"Mike, its Crissa, I am going to drive up your driveway and pop the hood of my car, you are going to come out and get whatever crawled up under there and died out while I'm inside, OK?"

Mike: "ok"

I drive up, pop the hood and head inside. a few minutes later I hear him coem ni the back door, I peek into the kitchen and he is putting on the yellow playtex gloves and getting a plastic bag, I life an eyebrow and he makes the tell tale hands bunched up by the chin squinty nose buck-teeth sign that it is, in fact, a squirrel.

He cleans it up and suggests I head out for a car wash...that is exactly what I did!

Skrim17
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 21:42
Cool! You're making progress!! And that ear cleaning stuff is icky, isn't it?

They have mites :(

eddarr
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 21:44
so I had this funky smell in my car all week and couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Yesterday as I walked past my car to get tot he drivers side door I smelled decomp coming from under the hood, drove to my brothers house and called:

"Mike, its Crissa, I am going to drive up your driveway and pop the hood of my car, you are going to come out and get whatever crawled up under there and died out while I'm inside, OK?"

I drive up, pop the hood and head inside. a few minutes later I hear him coem ni the back door, I peek into the kitchen and he is putting on the yellow playtex gloves and getting a plastic bag, I life an eyebrow and he makes the tell tale hands bunched up by the chin squinty nose buck-teeth sign that it is, in fact, a squirrel.

He cleans it up and suggests I head out for a car wash...that is exactly what I did!

Your first few sentences made me think of Grumpy Old Men.

Skrim17
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 21:46
did cat pass out from the cold meds or is she in yahoo land?

mtnphtgrphr
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 21:46
Sorry to disappoint you, but I had a look and it IS a coon! :p
:o
How's Mike Jen?

Yes Jenn how is Mikedreamy.

Jenn! Sorry about your rough day, how is your man?

Jenn, don't pop in and not let us know what the doctor said about Mike and surgery. How is he?

Sorry I didn't realize I hadn't updated on Mike. :oops: Mike has had a rough night/day. Reactions to pain medications, and just difficulty dealing with crutches and home.... But for now, there is no surgery for now. The swelling is too severe still and they want to see in 10 days what happens when he bears weight on it. So for now... no surgery, thankfully.

I'm going down to see him next weekend... wishing I could go this and next weekend but it's not possible... :( It's killing me...

JWright
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 21:51

Been there, done that...

misspix
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 21:52

Gah! Thank goodness for brothers!
Aw, poor babes :(
did cat pass out from the cold meds or is she in yahoo land?
I am wondering the same...

misspix
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 21:54
Jenn, my best to Mike.

puddlepirate44
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 21:57
Been there, done that...

You've had mites, too? :shock:

Becky N
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:00
he makes the tell tale hands bunched up by the chin squinty nose buck-teeth sign that it is, in fact, a squirrel.

EEEEeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

More (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azdkqwe4DZ8&feature=related)

She does a good Janice without being totally Janice. KWIM?

Jenn thanks for the update. So sorry for the waiting time on both counts.

Becky N
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:00

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

JWright
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:01

Among other things... :rolleyes:

puddlepirate44
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:02
Among other things... :rolleyes:

You Navy guys get all the weird stuff.

misspix
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:04
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

She does a good Janice without being totally Janice. KWIM?

I do kwym. I like Janice, it is nice to hear her done with style :D

:confused: Cat is not answering her Yahoo. I am guessing cold med induced face plant.

eddarr
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:05
Good night to all you blabber fingers. I need to spend a little quality time with the wifey.

Permagrin
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:10
Evening guys. I'm processing a wedding that I was supposed to process months ago. I completely forgot. :lol: Anyway, I'm having a blast. It's so fun to process when you're pro-bono.

Skrim17
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:10
I'm going to bed, night kids!

misspix
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:14
Evening guys. I'm processing a wedding that I was supposed to process months ago. I completely forgot. :lol: Anyway, I'm having a blast. It's so fun to process when you're pro-bono.
:D Hi! I am processing nothing. I need to finish the cheer set. *sigh*

g'night Eric and Crissa!

sevillafox
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:14

EEEeewwwww

Nite Crissa, Ick.

Here's what I've been dinking off doing....special request from the MIL...it'll be 16x20 when printed.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3414/3275996574_711eff17b0_o.jpg

Permagrin
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:15
Tifafa I like it. I'd like it better with "family" smaller and the bottom photo bigger. But I like it :)

sevillafox
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:18
Tifafa I like it. I'd like it better with "family" smaller and the bottom photo bigger. But I like it :)

I originally had the "family" smaller but it looked too empty to me. I'm not sure why.

Becky N
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:21
Tiff, I like it also and have to agree with Lisa's suggestion.

2218 hours, think I'll follow Crissa's lead. Still have a ton of catch up to do at the office. Good thing is I got all the price files over to IT to upload, bad thing, I get to listen to IT explain a dozen times the problems involved in the upload, not from my data, mind you, but I still get to listen to the same thing several times. :rolleyes:

3Turner
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:23
Great layout Tiff.

misspix
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:24
Looks good Tiff!

misspix
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:25
G'night Becky :D

sevillafox
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:26
Tiff, I like it also and have to agree with Lisa's suggestion.

Thanks.

It's a good suggestion. I'll see what MIL says....I already emailed it out. :oops:

Nighters!

Great layout Tiff.

Thanks!

mtnphtgrphr
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:29
Jenn, my best to Mike.

Jenn thanks for the update. So sorry for the waiting time on both counts.
Thanks guys... And yes the waiting time is hard on both accounts...

cfpackerfan
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:29
CAT!!!! How close are you to Sandy, UT?
Less than 4 hours. Why??

It's the way Cory's holding his right hand. Dead giveaway. Probably a remake of some old Barry Manilow song. It always is.And we know how Terri loves Barry Manilow. :lol:

*hangs head in shame* :o

I was hoping the BM connection would not be madeI Write the songs...

did cat pass out from the cold meds or is she in yahoo land?A slight pass out. But I got better.

cfpackerfan
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:30
Nice Collage, Tifafafa.

sevillafox
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:33
Looks good Tiff!

Nice Collage, Tifafafa.

Thanks Dragon, Cat.

BTW Terri, there's a couple bags of evidence over there *points* that Paula and I have been waiting for you to flame all day.

CrazieCricket
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:40
so I had this funky smell in my car all week and couldn't figure out where it was coming from. he makes the tell tale hands bunched up by the chin squinty nose buck-teeth sign that it is, in fact, a squirrel.

Ewwwwwww!!!!! Sure is nice to have men folk around to do that kind of clean up. :D

Sorry I didn't realize I hadn't updated on Mike. Mike has had a rough night/day. Reactions to pain medications, and just difficulty dealing with crutches and home.... But for now, there is no surgery for now. The swelling is too severe still and they want to see in 10 days what happens when he bears weight on it. So for now... no surgery, thankfully.

Good news about possibly no surgery! Sorry to hear about the rest though. :(

Good night to all you blabber fingers. I need to spend a little quality time with the wifey.

I'm going to bed, night kids!
Good nighters, you sleepy folk!

Here's what I've been dinking off doing....special request from the MIL...it'll be 16x20 when printed.

Nice!!! I like that Tiff!!

Yay!!! I get to stay home and watch movies all night! :D

CrazieCricket
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:41
BTW Terri, there's a couple bags of evidence over there *points* that Paula and I have been waiting for you to flame all day.
OHHHHH good thing you remembered, Tiff. I so totally forgot:oops:

monkeygirl
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:42
John actually liked the show?!? Wow... :shock:

I saw some of those Tamarins at the L.A. Zoo many years ago. Cute little things. I talked with one of the zoo workers at the time and she told me that they were preparing to take them back to their natural habitat and release them back into the wild.

Keep in mind it was not Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. It was a different show that was almost as corny.

I believe that the LA Zoo is working on a reintroduction with the Golden Lion Tamarins.

Update on Mason...

He has pneumonia. :( They said the treatments that they have him on will work for that too though, and he is doing better today than he was yesterday.

Hope Mason continues to get better

Interesting, I'd never heard of Tamarins.

Tamarins are a small primate from South America. Most are under 900 grams. The female typically gives birth to twins (up to twice a year), and the male and older siblings will help raise the newest baby(ies). They are endangered and in some areas no longer exist, but some Zoos are working on reintroduction plans.

LOL!! Love the TR dan, thanks!

oh and, WE HAVE PURRRRRRAGE!!!!!

I almost cried!

YEAH on Purrrrrrrage. You are making wonderful progress with the furkids.

:o

Sorry I didn't realize I hadn't updated on Mike. :oops: Mike has had a rough night/day. Reactions to pain medications, and just difficulty dealing with crutches and home.... But for now, there is no surgery for now. The swelling is too severe still and they want to see in 10 days what happens when he bears weight on it. So for now... no surgery, thankfully.

I'm going down to see him next weekend... wishing I could go this and next weekend but it's not possible... :( It's killing me...

Hope Mike keeps improving (and will not need surgery)

EEEeewwwww

Nite Crissa, Ick.

Nice collage.

JWright
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:43
You Navy guys get all the weird stuff.

That's because we take more chances. We even get out of sight of land... :rolleyes:

CrazieCricket
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:46
:shock: Holy crap!!!! I just saw another POTN member with the same first and middle initials and same last name as me! So weird .... well, guess I shouldn't be to shocked, it is a very common last name. :lol:

3Turner
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:47
long lost twin.

misspix
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:47
Less than 4 hours. Why??

The FunkyJahPunky's are going to be there Feb 21st :) (I love saying FunkyJahPunky, lol)

And we know how Terri loves Barry Manilow. :lol:

I Write the songs...

:-| DOOD!

A slight pass out. But I got better.
YAY!
Thanks Dragon, Cat.

I am saving for the bonfire ;)

CrazieCricket
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:50
long lost twin.
Nahhhhh I think NOT!!:lol:

puddlepirate44
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:51
Tamarins are a small primate from South America. Most are under 900 grams. The female typically gives birth to twins (up to twice a year), and the male and older siblings will help raise the newest baby(ies). They are endangered and in some areas no longer exist, but some Zoos are working on reintroduction plans.

In some states, you can get some serious jail time for being found with possession of 900 grams of South American Tamarin.

That's because we take more chances. We even get out of sight of land... :rolleyes:

Thrillseekers. I get spooked leaving the continental shelf. ;)

3Turner
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:53

ewwwww.

Nahhhhh I think NOT!!:lol:
:lol: :lol:

monkeygirl
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:54
In some states, you can get some serious jail time for being found with possession of 900 grams of South American Tamarin.

Well considering they are endangered, You would get into trouble in all 50 states.

cfpackerfan
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:54
Thrillseekers. I get spooked leaving the continental shelf. ;)Dan touched the butt!!! :lol:

Aww, you made me ink!

puddlepirate44
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:55
Dan touched the butt!!! :lol:

Aww, you made me ink!

Wow. I have no idea what that means, but I will definitely respect it from a distance.

misspix
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:57
Thrillseekers. I get spooked leaving the continental shelf. ;)

Dan touched the butt!!! :lol:

Aww, you made me ink!

cfpackerfan
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:57
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSU83KfjcWE&feature=related

misspix
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:58
Wow. I have no idea what that means, but I will definitely respect it from a distance.

JWright
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 22:59

What?! You've never seen "Finding Nemo?" HOCK!

puddlepirate44
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:02

Sorry. :o I think I've seen it once. Cute, but not enough for a repeat for me.

misspix
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:03

cfpackerfan
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:04
Sorry. :o I think I've seen it once. Cute, but not enough for a repeat for me.
It's one of the 'been seen several times in our house' movies. :lol:

JWright
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNiR5ZTb_MA

puddlepirate44
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:07
It's one of the 'been seen several times in our house' movies. :lol:

We're more of the Emperor's New Groove type. :D

short5
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:10
LOTRR: Kids These Days.
http://tuppervilleranch.com/comics/0212t.jpg:lol:Thanks

LOL!! Love the TR dan, thanks!

oh and, WE HAVE PURRRRRRAGE!!!!!

I almost cried!
That is really great Crissa

Great news on the Purring Crissa!

Just a quick stop by... long rough day... :oops:

I did get a new phone! That was cool...

It's been a long rough day... and I'm glad that tomorrow is Friday...Good to see you Jenn :D

:lol:

misspix
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:11
This is a favorite for us, lol Hey, HEEY! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndC8E1GCBlw)

misspix
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:13
Hullo Zane *curtsies*

short5
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSU83KfjcWE&feature=related:lol:

3Turner
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:14
Seriously...
What?! You've never seen "Finding Nemo?" HOCK!That^^

Yeah. I know i'm a bit tardy.

short5
Hullo Zane *curtsies*Evening Miss Terri;)

3Turner
This is a favorite for us, lol Hey, HEEY! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndC8E1GCBlw)
I like the gulls...."Mine? Mine?Mine?Mine?"

misspix
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:19
I like the gulls...."Mine? Mine?Mine?Mine?"
Yeah, but the gulls are so, um, sheep like.

The crabs, on the other hand, are more cranky and thus my favorites :lol:

FocalPrincess
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:21
For those of you who have not met my boy Cory he is the tall one sans dreads
Oh and I have the okay to hijack from his myspace

Very cool!

Dan touched the butt!!!

Aww, you made me ink!

lol

It's one of the 'been seen several times in our house' movies.

Sometimes its the several times in a week one in ours...Toddler loves it, and I don't hate it.

Yeah, but the gulls are so, um, sheep like.

The crabs, on the other hand, are more cranky and thus my favorites

Is that why I like them so much? I'm an awful lot like Marlin sometimes, too.

G'MAE all, hope everyone is doing well.

puddlepirate44
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:25
Is that why I like them so much? I'm an awful lot like Marlin sometimes, too.

There are times when I have very definite Albacore days.

See? I can do obscure, too. ;)

misspix
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:26
There are times when I have very definite Albacore days.

See? I can do obscure, too. ;)
And you do it so well! *suitably awed*

3Turner
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:37
I'm gonna show you all one shot I took today.

3Turner
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:39
I saw this mouse running across the road while I was out.....next thing I know, it had jumped up to the telephone wires and was gonna take out that raptor. :shock: I couldn't stick around to see the mouse battle it out.
http://turner-photos.smugmug.com/photos/472755354_Buvyf-L.jpg

short5
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:41
Cool Robert!

misspix
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:41
LOL! Nice one Bobby :D

3Turner
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:42
I also saw another raptor type bird carrying a snake in flight, but was in the middle of driving so I couldn't get a shot. :rolleyes:

3Turner
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:42
Thanks Zane and Terri.

T.D.
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:43
Nice Kestrel w/lunch, Robert!

puddlepirate44
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:43
I saw this mouse running across the road while I was out.....

Very cool. Seems to be a lot for a little Kestral dude.

misspix
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:45
I also saw another raptor type bird carrying a snake in flight, but was in the middle of driving so I couldn't get a shot. :rolleyes:
Always with the excuses :-|
Nice Kestrel w/lunch, Robert!
TD! I thought you were out for the next bit! How goes the workshop thingy?

3Turner
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:47
Thanks Chris and Dan.

I just saw that I got another shot of the Kestral squirting out the previous lunch while holding this one. :lol:

3Turner
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:48
Always with the excuses :-|Sorry, I will do better next time.

Yeah ^^^That.

3Turner
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:49
Well, I am beat. Time for me to head to bed and get an early start for home. Nighters folks.

On 3 even :D

poppie guy
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:50
I saw this mouse running across the road while I was out.....next thing I know, it had jumped up to the telephone wires and was gonna take out that raptor. :shock: I couldn't stick around to see the mouse battle it out.
http://turner-photos.smugmug.com/photos/472755354_Buvyf-L.jpg

Nice capture!!

T.D.
Always with the excuses :-|

I'm in Klamath Falls. Today was the travel day with a bit of birding on the way here.

Sadly, there wasn't a lot of time for birding as we sat behind this mess for a LONG time. :(

http://www.capturedimaginings.com/photos/472760134_s8cSS-XL.jpg

We did see a couple of dozen Rough Legged Hawks, though.

http://capturedimaginings.com/photos/472758930_2kdk7-XL.jpg

misspix
so nice having my playlists at home *sigh* a personal fave : CLICK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt7L4X4li_k&feature=PlayList&p=24680C107C6D7FDD&index=4&playnext=5&playnext_from=PL)

poppie guy
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:52
Nice hawk Chris. Glad it wasn't you in the ditch.

misspix
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:53
Well, I am beat. Time for me to head to bed and get an early start for home. Nighters folks.

On 3 even :D
G'night Bobert!

Chris! Holy smokes! Glad you weren't IN that mess.

Hubby is almost home, coming back from Medford. He said Canyon Pass was not so nice.

JWright
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:54
Cwap! There was just a news report about the crash of a commuter plane with 48 persons aboard in a residential area in Buffalo, NY...

Permagrin
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:56
Chris is Maggie with you?

T.D.
12th of February 2009 (Thu), 23:58
Chris is Maggie with you?

No. I boarded her at the day care place.

misspix
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 00:00
Cwap! There was just a news report about the crash of a commuter plane with 48 persons aboard in a residential area in Buffalo, NY...
Dang!

short5
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 00:00
Nice Kestrel w/lunch, Robert!Oh come on at least identify the rodent also.

I'm in Klamath Falls. Today was the travel day with a bit of birding on the way here.

Sadly, there wasn't a lot of time for birding as we sat behind this mess for a LONG time. :(

Wow!
Good bird

so nice having my playlists at home *sigh* a personal fave : CLICK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt7L4X4li_k&feature=PlayList&p=24680C107C6D7FDD&index=4&playnext=5&playnext_from=PL)Nice music Terri:)

Cwap! There was just a news report about the crash of a commuter plane with 48 persons aboard in a residential area in Buffalo, NY...Flight 3407 from Newark to Buffalo. There was one person on the ground hit as well :(

misspix
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 00:01
Flight 3407 from Newark to Buffalo. There was one person on the ground hit as well :(
:(.

short5
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 00:05
Hubby is almost home, coming back from Medford. He said Canyon Pass was not so nice.
I am jealous, we don't have passes here.

Permagrin
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 00:05

ah but that is where "learning to make one" comes in handy ;)

misspix
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 00:06
I sometimes wish we did not, either, lol.

misspix
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 00:06

poppie guy
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 00:09

They're beautiful in the summer, treacherous in winter weather.

JWright
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 00:11
Thanks Chris and Dan.

I just saw that I got another shot of the Kestral squirting out the previous lunch while holding this one. :lol:

Cormorants do that as well...

http://johnwright.smugmug.com/photos/456552038_RXkz2-L.jpg

misspix
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 00:13
Yes. Very.

misspix
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 00:21
Cormorants do that as well...

puddlepirate44
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 00:24

And they're just OK around the third week in March. Give or take.

misspix
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 00:27
And they're just OK around the third week in March. Give or take.
Yeah. March. The most psychotic month of weather for Oregon :-| The only month I carry chains, flip flops and an umbrella where ever I go :roll:

puddlepirate44
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 00:30
Yeah. March. The most psychotic month of weather for Oregon :-| The only month I carry chains, flip flops and an umbrella where ever I go :roll:

yup, yup.

And the month that we invite Cat to come and play. Who thought that up? :roll:

short5
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 00:32

:lol::lol:Thanks for the laughs people. I am gone for a bit

*poof*

misspix
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 00:36
yup, yup.

uuuh...not really sure :o :lol:
:lol::lol:Thanks for the laughs people. I am gone for a bit

*poof*
Showoff. :rolleyes: :p

;) Later Hot Stuff.

misspix
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 00:52
Bedtime *yaaaaawwn* G'night folk!

*Fades to black*

poppie guy
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 00:53
Bedtime *yaaaaawwn* G'night folk!

*Fades to black*

Good niters Terri...

CrazieCricket
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 01:17

Nice shot!!!

Sadly, there wasn't a lot of time for birding as we sat behind this mess for a LONG time.

We did see a couple of dozen Rough Legged Hawks, though.

Wow, quite the little accident there!

Nice Bird!

Flight 3407 from Newark to Buffalo. There was one person on the ground hit as well :(
:( ungood :(

HAHAHA so true. Mother Nature has a bit more than PMS during that month. Maybe she goes on vacation and just leaves Nature unsupervised.:confused:

CrazieCricket
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 01:17
Nighters everyone. Guess my short nap was too long and I missed everyone.:(

Permagrin
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 01:19
Mooooo moo moo moo moo moo moo moo moo moo mooMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

sorry, I just had to get it out of my system.

G'night friends and not friends...well I don't think any of you that fall in to that last category but I didn't want to automatically assume :lol:

DDA
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 01:43
Well, your Oregon accent is pretty thick. i am sure it took him completely off guard :)

Oh! That's why I didn't understand anything :lol:

I promised pictures of the three week old Golden Lion Tamarins at the Santa Ana zoo. Keep in mind these are not pretty... The conditions were horrible for shooting an animal that never stops running. The enclosure was covered and quite dark so I had to run the ISO up, the wire mesh was extremely tight, and it was almost impossible to get lock focus because the animals wouldn't sit still for longer than a second or two.

Thanks for sharing those interesting shots john!

:lol: :lol:

Crissa: Congrats on the purring progress ;-)

Jenn, glad tat dreamboy doesn't need surgery ;-)

EVERYONE! G'morning! It is VERY white here and still slightly snowing. Yaay! I'm heading to Geneva to go skiing tomorrow. I guess we should have enough snow in the mountains :lol:

CrazieCricket
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 01:44
Mornin' D! Well, It'll be morning in 15 minutes. ;)

thomascanty
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 01:45
Keep in mind it was not Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. It was a different show that was almost as corny.

Oh, you mean that group that performs outside the Golden Horseshoe? That's the Laughing Stock Comedy Troupe. Most of those guys are from the old D.U.H. show at California Adventure, but there are a couple of the Hillbillies that perform with them, too.

Hey! Now that I think of it, that was March when I was up there, too. Who plans these things?

Pete
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:13
For those of you who have not met my boy Cory :D he is the tall one sans dreads :lol:
Oh and I have the okay to hijack from his myspace ;)

DOOOD!!

I did get a new phone! That was cool...

You and Mike wore the old one out ALREADY?!?!

I am so NOT having purrrrrrrage this morning....

That reminds me, we have our album coming soon, maybe next weekend.

Oh my.... It's on the news over here too....

Mornin' D! Well, It'll be morning in 15 minutes. ;)

It was morning long ago...... :D

Permagrin
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:14
since there's a lull

some more boids

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v5/p1017785023-4.jpg

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v5/p821314149-4.jpg

my only black crowned night heron...pity it was at night and I could barely see him (but I saved the photo cuz it's m'only one).
http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v6/p663834968-4.jpg

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p921863718-4.jpg

ATTENTION EVERYONE! I MISS SPRING!! GAH!

I cannot even go and see my MIL in the desert. She's in San Jose because Dan's auntie is in hospital. (heart thing...hopefully surgery will take care of it. She's wonderful!)

Pete
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:15
Very nice Lisa... Way better than my boring boids...!!

Permagrin
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:15
Very nice Lisa... Way better than my boring boids...!!

I don't think your birds are boring! (only the boring boys are boring birds ;) )

Pete
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:16
Although flying rats can look nice in the right light...

http://the-aperture.com/cp/albums/userpics/10001/20090208-_PER8672.jpg

Permagrin
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:16
the northern cardinal has always been my favorite bird...even though I'd NEVER seen one IRL before this last trip to Hawaii. Because he's red. But as I was photographing him, I realized they've got quite a personality. Very cute birds.

Permagrin
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:17
see (no offense Alyssa) I LIKE pigeons. I love listening to the sounds they make and their feathers are so beautiful.

Nice shot Petrond.

Pete
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:18
the northern cardinal has always been my favorite bird...even though I'd NEVER seen one IRL before this last trip to Hawaii. Because he's red. But as I was photographing him, I realized they've got quite a personality. Very cute birds.

Yeah, the look like it too. Almost cartoonish.

Permagrin
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:20
Yeah, the look like it too. Almost cartoonish.

the Java sparrow that I posted in the bird section...HE looks cartoonish...what a crackup that bird was.

CrazieCricket
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:23
since there's a lull

some more boids

I cannot even go and see my MIL in the desert. She's in San Jose because Dan's auntie is in hospital. (heart thing...hopefully surgery will take care of it. She's wonderful!)
Great boids!!!!! and just why are you up at this hour young lady?? Hope Dan's auntie gets fixed up quickly.

Permagrin
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:24
I haven't been sleeping well. I dunno why. It's been since I caught this cold. Maybe it's the neuralgia that comes with it....maybe it's that I DON'T GET OUT so I don't use any energy so I don't sleep when it's time. Although I went shopping today (had to start stocking up on wine) :lol:

Paula are you working nights now?

and another question, how it's Jen's friend's foot? I never saw in the catchup.

CrazieCricket
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:25

http://the-aperture.com/cp/albums/userpics/10001/20090208-_PER8672.jpg
Wow! I like!! and your boid pics are wonderful, Pete. Stop saying otherwise!!!!!:mad:

Pete
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:26
Aw shucks, thanks Paula.

I didn't get out and shoot that much at all last year. I'm hoping for some more shutter time this year. Going out for the day last weekend was a blast.

CrazieCricket
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:29
I haven't been sleeping well. I dunno why. It's been since I caught this cold. Maybe it's the neuralgia that comes with it....maybe it's that I DON'T GET OUT so I don't use any energy so I don't sleep when it's time. Although I went shopping today (had to start stocking up on wine) :lol:

Paula are you working nights now?

and another question, how it's Jen's friend's foot? I never saw in the catchup.
Awwww sorry you aren't sleeping well. :( That sucks, I know the feeling all to well. Yay on stocking up on the wine!!! hahaha (wonder what for):rolleyes: Lisa, can you tell me more about your schedule for Friday while Cat is there? I may be able to meet up with you all somewhere if it's around the multnomah falls area.
Yes, I work nights. Love it!!!! I have tonight and tomorrow night off though. which is why I'm here and also watching movies on tv.

Jen's sweetie was told that he has to wait until the swelling goes down a bit for them to decide what needs to be done, so no surgery for now.

CrazieCricket
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:31
Aw shucks, thanks Paula.

I didn't get out and shoot that much at all last year. I'm hoping for some more shutter time this year. Going out for the day last weekend was a blast.
I know, I'm going a bit stir crazy with this cold winter stuff. Always liked winter before. But, now that I finally have a camera, I can hardly wait for spring!!!:lol:

Permagrin
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:35
Paula, I'm not sure. We keep meaning to iron things out but none of us are planners.

Cat may have more input. I'm just the local hostelry and genial innkeeper who's looking forward to visiting friends. I know nothing. :lol:

CrazieCricket
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:37
Paula, I'm not sure. We keep meaning to iron things out but none of us are planners.

Cat may have more input. I'm just the local hostelry and genial innkeeper who's looking forward to visiting friends. I know nothing. :lol:
HAHA! I asked Cat. She said to ask the Oregonians!:lol:

Permagrin
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:39
HAHA! I asked Cat. She said to ask the Oregonians!:lol:

what we discussed on yahoo was that none of us like to plan anything and the June meet is going to be spontaneous. :lol::lol: And that we HOPE everyone is cool with that. :lol:

Permagrin
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:40
I have to post this post so I can go over and post on tpbm

Pete
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:40

Do you have a visitor's book? You'll also need one of those notices on the back of the door to inform guests about what to do in case of wind...

neil_r
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:41
http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p921863718-4.jpg

Zebra Doves..... The Next Generation

http://www.ambrosiabbs.com/gallery/photo/medium/Mauritius_Jan_2009_NHR4015.jpg

http://www.ambrosiabbs.com/gallery/photo/medium/Mauritius_Jan_2009_NHR4042.jpg

http://www.ambrosiabbs.com/gallery/photo/medium/Mauritius_Jan_2009_NHR4178.jpg

Pete
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:41
I have to post this post so I can go over and post on tpbm

:D

Didn't think it would slow anyone down that much..

CrazieCricket
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:45
what we discussed on yahoo was that none of us like to plan anything and the June meet is going to be spontaneous. :lol::lol: And that we HOPE everyone is cool with that. :lol:
I'm cool with spontneous in June! But, for March, was hoping for some clue as to if it would be possible to meet somewhere on Friday. If you all are going to be around the Multnomah Falls area I may be able to meet up. If not that's ok too. I'll stay home and sleep. :lol::lol:

CrazieCricket
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:46

Beautiful!!!! Someday I'll be able to get a bird in my crosshairs!!! :lol: And have it turn out!!!

Permagrin
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:47
Do you have a visitor's book? You'll also need one of those notices on the back of the door to inform guests about what to do in case of wind...

I told them to bring coats.

Around here, wind is only bad if it's broken!

http://www.ambrosiabbs.com/gallery/photo/medium/Mauritius_Jan_2009_NHR4015.jpg

http://www.ambrosiabbs.com/gallery/photo/medium/Mauritius_Jan_2009_NHR4042.jpg

http://www.ambrosiabbs.com/gallery/photo/medium/Mauritius_Jan_2009_NHR4178.jpg

awww cute widdles!!!

Pete
Well done for hitting the tpbm bonus point, Lisa! :D

Permagrin
Well done for hitting the tpbm bonus point, Lisa! :D

LOL I know I was stretching it. :lol:

G'night you guys.

Permagrin
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:49
p.s. I really like this photo too and almost posted it (2 "5's" in it) but I decided to go with the stop action of the other one.

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v2/p443287568-4.jpg

Permagrin
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:49
If spring would just come, the dory fleet would go out again. :(

g'night for real

Permagrin
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:50
p.s. New GUY NEIL, don't forget TPBM ;)

CrazieCricket
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 03:52
Nighters, Lisa. Hope sleep visits you.

neil_r
p.s. New GUY NEIL, don't forget TPBM ;)

It's an age thing .......

Pete
Good night Lisa. Sleep well.

Guineh
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 05:38
okay here's video 1

Kona sits, goes down & rolls over (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwNXMjrSwuQ)

Looks like he's getting the hang of it.

I looked at the other Kona videos, too... I especially loved the Kona vs Doorstop one. Too precious!

Pete
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 05:53
http://the-aperture.com/cp/albums/userpics/10001/20090213-_PER8689.jpg

Becky N
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 06:03
Man I hate it when I break a NAIL (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090213/ap_on_fe_st/odd_long_nails_broken).

G'Marn...off to catch-up.

thomascanty
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 06:10
Man I hate it when I break a NAIL (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090213/ap_on_fe_st/odd_long_nails_broken).

How in the world did she drive with those hanging off her hands, anyway?

neil_r
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 06:12

Ok I know that I should have sympathy for the poor lady but all I can think is that her "bathroom procedures" must have been very difficult to perform.

BearLeeAlive
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 06:43
Good Day :D

I don't remember an ML accent when I met our resident glowing ML'ite.
Then, you likely talk funny too. :p
Misery (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PK8Zi3rW3E&feature=related)

I would like Pink to do a Blues album.

Pink sings Me and Bobby McGee (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlrMyDIww8s&feature=related)

I am impressed!

*sings along*
Good stuff, I must admit to thinking that Pink was a pop singer, probably because of the name. Goes to show that first impressions are not always true. And keep singing that song so that you have it down pat for when you sing it in June. I will accompany. ;)

Nice Tiff, the bottom shot of the grandparents/children is a real good one. :D
I originally had the "family" smaller but it looked too empty to me. I'm not sure why.
I think a bolder font might work, the font is the only thing about the print that I would change.
since there's a lull

some more boids

Nice birds, you guys. :D

I just can't imagine that being a goal in life and committing to it, because it would basically interfer with every aspect of a normal (whatever that may be) life. :rolleyes:
Ok I know that I should have sympathy for the poor lady but all I can think is that her "bathroom procedures" must have been very difficult to perform.
Amongst other things I dare not bring up. :p

thomascanty
13th of February 2009 (Fri), 06:45
Awwww... Someone sent Bobert a Valentine card. :D
http://assets.comics.com/dyn/str_strip/000000000/00000000/0000000/200000/70000/2000/600/272627/272627.full.gif