PDA

View Full Version : Lighting/Posing For the Maculine Feamale Face

doidinho
29th of January 2009 (Thu), 00:25
I have a shoot coming up with a beautiful model; however, looking through her portfolio I notice that she has somewhat of a masculine facial structure. Wide up top, narrow at the chin, high cheeks, and a larger mouth.

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some tips from minimizing the masculine aspects of her face. I am planning on trying a few shots from a higher angle; anything else I can try or need t consider?

Thanks

Gentleman Villain
31st of January 2009 (Sat), 01:10
yeah that's a great idea. That's exactly what I would do in terms of the angle.

The only suggestion I've got is to try extremely shadowless beauty lighting in order to smoothen out the square type lines on the face. I've got a buddy that just shot a female body builder a few days ago....half of his pictures were lit from the side and she looks very masculine....the other half were lit extremely flat beauty type of lighting and she looked pretty damn hot.

doidinho
31st of January 2009 (Sat), 19:42
yeah that's a great idea. That's exactly what I would do in terms of the angle.

The only suggestion I've got is to try extremely shadowless beauty lighting in order to smoothen out the square type lines on the face. I've got a buddy that just shot a female body builder a few days ago....half of his pictures were lit from the side and she looks very masculine....the other half were lit extremely flat beauty type of lighting and she looked pretty damn hot.

Thanks for the tip. I will deffinately try some clamshell lighting.