PDA

View Full Version : Eneloop Charger?

rowan57
7th of February 2009 (Sat), 17:04
Hey folks, i am about to order a set of Eneloops for my new hot-shoe flash, and am looking for a good charger for them. I can get the one that comes with the eneloops for a reasonable price inc. 4 batteries, but i wondered if there were better ones (again reasonably priced?), available in the UK, on amazon or wherever.

Cheers
Rowan

tigerotor77w
7th of February 2009 (Sat), 17:18
I have the Maha PowerEx MH-C204W. I got it a few years ago and it still works great, but I don't know if it's been superceded.

GSansoucie
7th of February 2009 (Sat), 18:21
I have the La Crosse BC-700 & it works wonders. Evaluates and charges each cell individually.

_aravena
7th of February 2009 (Sat), 22:36
Yeah, either of those two. This question is asked so many times...

I haven't decided but will be soon for weddings. I want to make sure my batteries are perfect.

Familiaphoto
7th of February 2009 (Sat), 22:54
Maha or LaCross are great, but if you are just starting the Eneloop charger will work to get you going.

rowan57
8th of February 2009 (Sun), 03:27
Cheers guys, i cant seem to find the lacrosse stuff over here but i'll look into the Maha.

Thanks
Rowan

Strnge
23rd of March 2010 (Tue), 10:54
Does the LaCross plug right in to a wall or does it have a cord?

úNote
23rd of March 2010 (Tue), 11:53
Cheers guys, i cant seem to find the lacrosse stuff over here but i'll look into the Maha.

Thanks
Rowan

Here is where I bought mine in the UK:-

http://www.batterylogic.co.uk/technoline/technoline-i-charger.asp

Out of stock until May 2010

jcothron
23rd of March 2010 (Tue), 15:24
check out www.thomasdistributing.com ...they have a nice selection and have both the Maha and Lacrosse

canondslr
23rd of March 2010 (Tue), 15:35
LaCrosse, MAHA and even the Eneloop charger works fine too..

SYS
23rd of March 2010 (Tue), 16:19
I use LaCrosse -- works great and small enough for excellent traveling use. The eneloop charger that came in a package deal (Costco) stopped working after just 2 charges. I'm pretty sure that's just an anomaly and an exceptional case.

gpeet
24th of March 2010 (Wed), 18:14
I use the eneloop one and it works great

rcfury
25th of March 2010 (Thu), 14:14
a little overkill? Ill never had a bad battery yet <lol>

ChrisMc73
25th of March 2010 (Thu), 14:38
I use the eneloop one and it works great

Yeah whats wrong with the Enloop one itself?
http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-Eneloop-Pre-Charged-Rechargable-Batteries/dp/B000IV0REA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1269545882&sr=8-6

mufutau55
25th of March 2010 (Thu), 14:44
You forgot to tell us which charger that was. Thanks.

Mufutau

a little overkill? Ill never had a bad battery yet <lol>

Cebu
25th of March 2010 (Thu), 17:11
If you want a charger that can refresh/reinvigorate weakened batteries, get a LaCrosse or a Maha, if available in your area, but be aware that they are a 2 part system. Meaning, you have a power supply that plugs to the wall outlet and then plugs to the charger itself. This may take up a lot of room in your bag when traveling.

Otherwise, the charger that comes as a kit is quite excellent and slim.

Hope this helps.

mikeyp76
25th of March 2010 (Thu), 23:40
I have a LaCrosse charger that works very well, but the eneloop charger that comes with the eneloops is actually a pretty good charger. I still use it in a when I need to charge more than one set of cells at a time. It does a full decharge before re-charge, so it maintains the batteries very well. It's a bit slow, but I prefer to charge my batteries slow - it is good for battery life.

rcfury
26th of March 2010 (Fri), 00:07
You forgot to tell us which charger that was. Thanks.

Mufutau

The Bantam BC-8 balance charger.. It will charge up to 8 cells LI-PO batteries, 27cell nicad/nimh, or a 36volt lead acid battery.. RC planes is my other hobby hence the overkill charger.

SuzyView
26th of March 2010 (Fri), 06:43
Costco had the whole deal for a reasonable price a few months ago. It came with the charger, 8 batteries and all the adapters. The charger is good, no complaints.

mufutau55
26th of March 2010 (Fri), 09:03
Wow! Just checked the price.. $350 at www.amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com). Must be real good. Thanks.

Mufutau

The Bantam BC-8 balance charger.. It will charge up to 8 cells LI-PO batteries, 27cell nicad/nimh, or a 36volt lead acid battery.. RC planes is my other hobby hence the overkill charger.

lannes
26th of March 2010 (Fri), 09:10
I'd have to say I like the Energizer DUO USB charger for traveling. It can charge both AA and AAA batteries, 2 at a time. Being a USB charger you can connect it to your computer, but it also comes with an adapter for mains power for complete flexibility. The USB cable wraps into the unit so it's very compact and neat. Flashing led tells you when it's charging, charging cut-off is done by monitoring voltage change and usually takes about 5 hours from flat. Given the compact size I carry two of these when traveling to top up the flash or battery grip Imedions (AA).

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j226/lannes2007/duo_charger.jpg

This is a great little charger, but there is a major problem with the monitoring software, apparently a trojan backdoor. EverReady has pulled the software and the product, so you can now get it really cheap all over the place. The charger still works perfectly without the software monitoring gimmick.