PDA

View Full Version : Tyndall AFB Gulf Coast Salute

Kincaid Photo
27th of February 2009 (Fri), 10:29
Has anybody been to a show at Tyndall before? I searched but couldn't find much about it. I would be making the 5hr drive from ATL and I am concerned about the show due to the fact that it is in Panama City during spring break. If this is a repeating show from last year, did anybody attend? Any information would be helpful.

Thanks!

~Brian

camaronut502
4th of March 2009 (Wed), 14:03
It is a repeating show, I attended last year and even posted some pictures. I will be making the drive down from Birmingham the 27th. If you stay in a nice enough place the spring breakers arent a problem. Of course traveling after dark is a pain, but that wasnt to big of a deal since we just cooked in the condo. The show is great, the sun is behind you most the day. Huge ramp with lots of statics so wear some comfy shoes and dont forget the sun screen!

Matt

Kincaid Photo
5th of March 2009 (Thu), 21:22
It is a repeating show, I attended last year and even posted some pictures. I will be making the drive down from Birmingham the 27th. If you stay in a nice enough place the spring breakers arent a problem. Of course traveling after dark is a pain, but that wasnt to big of a deal since we just cooked in the condo. The show is great, the sun is behind you most the day. Huge ramp with lots of statics so wear some comfy shoes and dont forget the sun screen!

Matt

Thanks for the advice Matt! Finally, a show with the sun at my back. The last three have been set up looking into the sun for the ENTIRE show.

Brian

ChunkyDA
19th of March 2009 (Thu), 16:27
I'll be there. The crowds are pretty light. Relatively short walk from parking. Good lighting since the runway runs pretty much E-W and the crowd is on the south side. I posted a few pics from last year on POTN. Home of F-22 training and there is enough other stuff scheduled to keep it interesting: http://tyndall.schultzairshows.com/
It can be a bit hazy but that makes all the more chances to get vapor off the wings on the high-G manuvers.

Kincaid Photo
20th of March 2009 (Fri), 07:23
I'll be there. The crowds are pretty light. Relatively short walk from parking. Good lighting since the runway runs pretty much E-W and the crowd is on the south side. I posted a few pics from last year on POTN. Home of F-22 training and there is enough other stuff scheduled to keep it interesting: http://tyndall.schultzairshows.com/
It can be a bit hazy but that makes all the more chances to get vapor off the wings on the high-G manuvers.

Thanks for the info! I'm making the trip down. Show two of the three show, three week, bender.

2007: 1 show
2008: 2 shows
2009: 7 planned so far, and looking for more! :D