PDA

View Full Version : headshot

togish1
14th of March 2009 (Sat), 09:51
im going to be doing a shoot today and she needs a headshot...ive never done this before so what lens should i use? can i shoot this outdoors without a white or black background? i have a sigma 70-200mm 4.5-5.6, canon 50mm 1.8, and the kit lens...i also have flashes, should i use my sigma super 530 for fill flash outside? wireless or just on the camera?

breathless
15th of March 2009 (Sun), 19:19
Yes. You can shoot outdoors. If it were me, I'd place the model under open shade(in shade with open sky) and use the 70-200 at 70 to 100mm range, using an aperture setting of f/5.6 to f/8 with plenty of space between the model and the background(10-15 ft or more.)

Good luck :)

ineedakamera
22nd of March 2009 (Sun), 23:35
outdoors or inside, i'd find a suitable background that is not distracting. if you're indoors you may have to use the 50 1.8, depending on how much light you have and whether or not you want to use your flash. off camera is usually the better way to go if you can do it. either lens can handle headshots on your XTi but the 70 to 100mm suggestion is a good one. depending on the situation, i'd try the 50 with the larger apertures too. if i were you, i'd play around if you have the time and see what you like best.