PDA

View Full Version : First Try - Swiss Knife

dann089
14th of March 2009 (Sat), 22:31
Hey everyone, This is my first try at still life/marketing photography.
It's not a good shot as I don't have any way to use a flash bar using it onboard so used a long exposure for this shot instead.
Criticism is more then welcome and would be much appreciated.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3648/3355605514_b3eaf46195.jpg

Cheers
-Dan

silvrr
15th of March 2009 (Sun), 01:47
Maybe a tad underexposed but Im on my laptop. Nice even lighting though with no hotspots. Good Job.

poppie guy
15th of March 2009 (Sun), 01:59
It's a great knife. My Grandpa used to go back to his naive Switzerland every few years to visit friends and relatives. He always bought home swiss knives for me and my brothers. Thanks for the post, it brought back pleasant memories.

flaky
15th of March 2009 (Sun), 02:15
just the rust on the blades is a slight downer for me but thats not a composition thing!

dann089
15th of March 2009 (Sun), 03:15
Maybe a tad underexposed but Im on my laptop. Nice even lighting though with no hotspots. Good Job.
Thanks for that, was done with no lighting, just natural light comming in from my window.
It's a great knife. My Grandpa used to go back to his naive Switzerland every few years to visit friends and relatives. He always bought home swiss knives for me and my brothers. Thanks for the post, it brought back pleasant memories.
Glad that it bought back memories. I'm very jealous, I wish I had relatives over there I could visit when I pleased.
just the rust on the blades is a slight downer for me but thats not a composition thing!
It's funny, I've never used to knife nor has it ever been wet. In person the blades are fine, no rust at all. Odd that it appears that way in the photo.

Thanks very much for the comments. Much appreciated!