PDA

View Full Version : do I need to get

hendrickmtscz
17th of March 2009 (Tue), 17:59
a business license, sole pp license or a vendors license before I can start charging people for pictures?

snyper77
17th of March 2009 (Tue), 18:28
Honestly? You don't need anything. If I go to a ball game and capture a great shot of someone's child...and the parent wants to buy a print.... then all they need is CASH. :)

Now, one stipulation would be, you can't shoot people's photos and sell them as "stock photography" without their written consent. But selling photos to the person that is IN your photos, I see no need for a license.

hendrickmtscz
17th of March 2009 (Tue), 18:41
okay so lets say I start a website and offer picture packages and what not. I would just be selling pictures to the people I take pics of. Is that still okay to do without anyone of those licenses?

tracknut
17th of March 2009 (Tue), 18:52
I've never heard of a sole pp license or a vendor's license, but your local city will make the rules on a business license. Call them and if they say you need one, then you do.

Dave

JWright
17th of March 2009 (Tue), 20:22
I've never heard of a sole pp license or a vendor's license, but your local city will make the rules on a business license. Call them and if they say you need one, then you do.

Dave

That's it right there... It all depends on what the local ordinances are pertaining to business in your city/county.

sapearl
17th of March 2009 (Tue), 21:08
Hi Hendrick - I just have a vendors license for my wedding and event photography. I don't make huge $$$ but it's enough that I pay Uncle Sam his portion, and also charge state sales tax. And to do the latter, you need a vendor's license to be a "collecting agent" of the state. - Stu

a business license, sole pp license or a vendors license before I can start charging people for pictures?