PDA

View Full Version : few questions about Bird Photography

CanaHolic
30th of March 2009 (Mon), 07:37
I have a few questions regarding Bird photography or photography in general.

I see many people point to or Illustrate a cameras point of focus on a shot, where is this data found, I cannot locate it under Exif data oir anywhere, is there some software that canon provides that shows where the focus lock takes place in a given shot, example in using partial metering?

also, When viewing others posted pictures, how do you bring up and read there exif data for that particular shot, so someone new starting out can understand and learn from there photograph about the settings they used?

On my own pics I right click and bring up properties on net posted pics this does not seem to work.

any help is appreciated !!!

Dan

Jeff2909
30th of March 2009 (Mon), 08:42
Canon zoom browser show's you where your focus point was located and show's your exif data. Depending on the program you use the exif data may be stripped out when you resize for the web. Hope this helps

Hikin Mike
30th of March 2009 (Mon), 13:17
I have a few questions regarding Bird photography or photography in general.

I see many people point to or Illustrate a cameras point of focus on a shot, where is this data found, I cannot locate it under Exif data oir anywhere, is there some software that canon provides that shows where the focus lock takes place in a given shot, example in using partial metering?

also, When viewing others posted pictures, how do you bring up and read there exif data for that particular shot, so someone new starting out can understand and learn from there photograph about the settings they used?

On my own pics I right click and bring up properties on net posted pics this does not seem to work.

any help is appreciated !!!

Dan

I'm using Firefox and I downloaded "EXIF Viewer 1.45". If you're not using Firefox then Google 'EXIF Viewers' or something like that.

Keep in mind that sometimes the EXIF is stripped, like when you do a "Save for the Web". I always use "Save As".

Hawkman
31st of March 2009 (Tue), 21:32
As mentioned Canon zoombrowser will display the focus point. So will Canon dpp. Since the information is not standard, non Canon software doesn't display this information.

Gene