PDA

View Full Version : I would Love To Meet This Guy

canonloader
8th of April 2009 (Wed), 14:03
In a dark alley (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/03/31/ap/strange/main4908409.shtml?source=RSS&attr=_4908409).

Anke
8th of April 2009 (Wed), 14:08
This happens far too much in the UK too and always makes the news but the capture/prosecution of the culprits never does. :mad:
If you do get a chance, give 'em a slap from me please.

gymell
8th of April 2009 (Wed), 14:15
Hooray for the crane and for the Raptor Education Group! They are the same folks who brought owls to the Owl Festival last month for us photographers.

canonloader
8th of April 2009 (Wed), 14:24
I remember reading about this last fall, in our Birding List over here in Wisconsin. I hope Kharma has worked it's magic already. I just can't understand what kind of twisted brain can do something like this. This Crane is a better man than the one who shot her. She survived, raised a surrogate family while in recovery, then got back with her own family. What a storeybook ending. :)

jgrussell
8th of April 2009 (Wed), 15:59
This is a total happy-ending story... except that it'd be happier still with a federal prosecution of the shooter.

gymell
8th of April 2009 (Wed), 16:13
Or with some good old vigilante justice. ;)

canonloader
8th of April 2009 (Wed), 16:33
Well, the thing about these kinds of people is, they always talk about it. Someone will hear and turn him in. They have the arrow, no doubt whoever shot the bird has more of the exact same kind. Just a matter of time. :)

gymell
8th of April 2009 (Wed), 16:35
Yeah, because anybody stupid enough to do something like this is usually also stupid enough to go around bragging about it.

canonloader
8th of April 2009 (Wed), 16:39
When you think about all the twitchers out there with their little binoculars and camo wear, quietly snooping around the deep woods looking for owls, they'll probably have him by next week. :)

hollis_f
9th of April 2009 (Thu), 06:37
This happens far too much in the UK too and always makes the news but the capture/prosecution of the culprits never does.
That's probably because they're members of the royal family - Story (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/7070362.stm)

snowyowl13
9th of April 2009 (Thu), 07:37
I wish I believed that he people that do these sort things get punished but I just don't believe it. The police seem to consider themselves much too busy to put much time into solving crimes of this type.

canonloader
9th of April 2009 (Thu), 08:18
Dan, down here, it isn't the police who solve these crimes, it's the game wardens. Wardens are a totally different kind of people for a totally different kind of law and they take this kind of thing seriously. None of them will forget this crime, and while years may pass, they don't think like other people do, planning for next week or even next year. They have years, generations, the government never forgets and never gives up. ;)