PDA

View Full Version : A80 Battery Cover Replacement - How To?

ezanga
15th of April 2005 (Fri), 14:23
Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help me with this. I have a Canon A80 whose battery cover was damaged. I've obtained a replacement cover, but unfortunatly the replacement part did not include any directions/procedures for removing/replacing the existing battery cover. Can anyone here provide me with instructions for removing/attaching a battery cover on an A80?

Thanks!!
Eric

Reflection
16th of April 2005 (Sat), 16:40
I have the camera, but I've never had to do this. Perhaps taking it to a Canon/camera shop and see if they can help out? They might know how to do it or can advise on where/who to go to for help.

paulc8712
6th of May 2005 (Fri), 00:55
Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help me with this. I have a Canon A80 whose battery cover was damaged. I've obtained a replacement cover, but unfortunatly the replacement part did not include any directions/procedures for removing/replacing the existing battery cover. Can anyone here provide me with instructions for removing/attaching a battery cover on an A80?

Thanks!!
Eric

Hi.

I have replaced the battery cover on my A80. I simply started removing screws until I was able to replace the cover. Just make sure that you keep track of which screw came from where. :) I( had to replace the front cover also, and practically had to dismantle the entire case (and approx 25 screws)

I have also found this website http://point-shoot.digital-cameras.cameras-photo.electronics-computers.everything-for--auction.com/ which has a parts list and basic assembly diagrams for the A60/A70. Feel free to email me any questions. paulc8712@hotmail.com.

Cheers.