PDA

View Full Version : Phottix RT-16, Blazeon, ebay, etc. 16 channel trigger users - recommend or not?

Rock Photo Star
21st of April 2009 (Tue), 07:52
???

midget
21st of April 2009 (Tue), 14:57
im not entirely sure what you're asking.

Rock Photo Star
21st of April 2009 (Tue), 15:22
im not entirely sure what you're asking.

Testimonials from people who use or have used the 16 channel triggers off ebay, which are sold under several "brand" names, including Phottix, Blazeon, etc.

I have seen comments that the 16 channel triggers on ebay are pretty reliable and would like to hear more specific testimony from users, especially using for a while.

Lithian
21st of April 2009 (Tue), 15:36
When i was getting my pt-04 types the comparisons i read were that they were about as reliable as each other... which isn't a good thing tbh.

DBOi
19th of September 2009 (Sat), 20:15
bring an old thread back,

How do these compare with RT-16 16 (http://digitalex.webs.com/flashdepartment.htm) with the new RF602 RF-602 or PT-04 4? (Same Link)

These guys are digialex are located in Canada (Toronto) so i wouldn't have to wait for shipping.

CliveyBoy
19th of September 2009 (Sat), 20:34
I use the Cactus 16-channel units, which all needed atrocious soldering cleaned up to eliminate "dry joints". They have been completely reliable since, although it is possible to have the transmitter too close to the receivers. They work at 433MHz. I have adapter feet to fit on the light stands and trigger Canon, Nikon and other flashes.

Now, I would go for the Yongnuo RF-602RX set. They are vastly better in assembly quality, and are very nice to handle. A good deal of thought has gone into their design. They work at 2.4GHz, and have a good "interrupted" range. I use mine for radio shutter releases, which do not interfere with the RF-16 Cactus units.

DBOi
19th of September 2009 (Sat), 20:42
so both Phottix (4chn n 16n) are no good?

c2thew
20th of September 2009 (Sun), 01:12
ebay triggers are definitely reliable. the only issue is the AAA batteries within the receivers as they tend to offer less consistency if either one of the AAA batteries is near depletion.

for the money, ebay radio triggers are awesome. the only alternative to these would be the radiopopper JX's for the sole fact that you can adjust flash output without having to walk back and forth.

just remember, these radio triggers serve only to trigger the strobes. you will have to set the flash outputs manually while checking with a lightmeter or "chimping"

DBOi
20th of September 2009 (Sun), 11:18
ebay triggers are definitely reliable. the only issue is the AAA batteries within the receivers as they tend to offer less consistency if either one of the AAA batteries is near depletion.

for the money, ebay radio triggers are awesome. the only alternative to these would be the radiopopper JX's for the sole fact that you can adjust flash output without having to walk back and forth.

just remember, these radio triggers serve only to trigger the strobes. you will have to set the flash outputs manually while checking with a lightmeter or "chimping"

Guess for a hobbiest the pockett wizard set would be a little overkill on my budget.